What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Davante Adams, LV (1 Viewer)

100 yds last week and the skill it took to do that tight rope catch, paired with a QB like Rodgers makes him a must start for me.

As long as he stays healthy with these good matchups coming up he should be very good. Honestly surprised there isn't a little more excitement here about this guy. Buy now if you can.

As long as he stays healthy with these good matchups coming up he should be very good. Honestly surprised there isn't a little more excitement here about this guy. Buy now if you can.
The guy's done nothing in his career to this point. So while I do have hope I wouldnt say Im excited just yet.

One thread talks about how Cobb is not a must start anymore, but this thread talks about how Adams is a must start.

dirtyjay said:
One thread talks about how Cobb is not a must start anymore, but this thread talks about how Adams is a must start.
I just scrolled up this page. Saw someone say he should be a decent WR3. Another guy said he's a flex play. Another guy saying he has John Brown in over Adams. A guy saying he thinks he may have some big games ahead. And another saying he has hope, but wouldn't get too excited. I know you're still butthurt that people suggested your WR1 isn't an auto-start anymore. But no one is saying that Adams is an every week must start.

dirtyjay said:
I know. It's like different people have, like, different opinions and stuff.

I didn't see the game, but I did hear today on the HF podcast that Davante had a 40-yard reception on the last play of the first half when CAR was in a Hail Mary defense.

Take that unusual play away, and he had 6-53. Solid but not spectacular. Would anyone be proclaiming him a must-start after a 6-53 game?

I don't think anyone in here has proclaimed him a "must start". I think he's worth a look in DFS this week since he's cheap and I wouldn't be shocked if he had some big games over the next few weeks. Must start? No. Guy on the rise? Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone in here has proclaimed him a "must start". I think he's worth a look in DFS this week since he's cheap and I wouldn't be shocked if he had some big games over the next few weeks. Must start? No. Guy on the rise? Yes.
Read the thread. Not everyone, but some guys say he is a must-start.

And DFS is a totally different ballgame when it comes to these decisions.

I didn't see the game, but I did hear today on the HF podcast that Davante had a 40-yard reception on the last play of the first half when CAR was in a Hail Mary defense.

Take that unusual play away, and he had 6-53. Solid but not spectacular. Would anyone be proclaiming him a must-start after a 6-53 game?
he had a lot of targets in a game they were way down in.

The week before vs Denver, in a game they were way down in, he had 1 catch.

This week, they will smash Detroit, he will need to get his points early because they will be running the ball a lot later in the game, just IMO of course.

JetMaxx said:
100 yds last week and the skill it took to do that tight rope catch, paired with a QB like Rodgers makes him a must start for me.
dirtyjay said:
I just scrolled up this page. Saw someone say he should be a decent WR3. Another guy said he's a flex play. Another guy saying he has John Brown in over Adams. A guy saying he thinks he may have some big games ahead. And another saying he has hope, but wouldn't get too excited. I know you're still butthurt that people suggested your WR1 isn't an auto-start anymore. But no one is saying that Adams is an every week must start.
Pretty evident someone did say that, but its OK many who have seen you post know you have been wrong before.

JetMaxx said:
dirtyjay said:
Pretty evident someone did say that, but its OK many who have seen you post know you have been wrong before.
Yup. Wrong many times and right many times. Just like everyone here. :bye:

Adams isnt a must start to me if you have better options but if he is going to have a shot at scoring it is this week. Rodgers could put up 6 just out of anger and to tell people to R-E-L-A-X again.

dirtyjay said:
dirtyjay said:
I know. It's like different people have, like, different opinions and stuff.
Thats my point.
You're not making it very well.

JetMaxx said:

No one really cares who thinks Adams is a must start or not.

IMO the injury to Adams really disguised the fact that he is a large part of the Packers plans on offense. This may be your last chance to buy low.

-James Jones is really only making plays on broken plays. Tip of the cap to him for doing that, but he can't beat most nickel CBs in this league anymore.

-Richard Rodgers is just a guy.

-Lacy is playing so bad he's now 2nd string.

-Starks is a nice player, but he's backup RB material.

That leaves Cobb and Adams as the only two guys that are real threats on offense. They are going to get targeted a ton by Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season. (12 and 11 targets for Cobb and Adams last week) More of the same to come....

I think Rodgers is pretty disgusted hearing all the criticism of him and the Packer offense in the recent weeks. I think the Lions are the ones who will feel the brunt of that frustration. Playing at Lambeau, I could see a 5 touchdown game out of him. His 2015 version of "r-e-l-a-x". I think there's a good chance that both Cobb and Adams benefit greatly.

I think Rodgers is pretty disgusted hearing all the criticism of him and the Packer offense in the recent weeks. I think the Lions are the ones who will feel the brunt of that frustration. Playing at Lambeau, I could see a 5 touchdown game out of him. His 2015 version of "r-e-l-a-x". I think there's a good chance that both Cobb and Adams benefit greatly.
Agree, but I can see 6 for Rodgers. :thumbup:

As a Pack fan I just want to see them destroy someone regardless of the team just to see them make a point.

No one really cares who thinks Adams is a must start or not.

IMO the injury to Adams really disguised the fact that he is a large part of the Packers plans on offense. This may be your last chance to buy low.

-James Jones is really only making plays on broken plays. Tip of the cap to him for doing that, but he can't beat most nickel CBs in this league anymore.

-Richard Rodgers is just a guy.

-Lacy is playing so bad he's now 2nd string.

-Starks is a nice player, but he's backup RB material.

That leaves Cobb and Adams as the only two guys that are real threats on offense. They are going to get targeted a ton by Aaron Rodgers for the rest of the season. (12 and 11 targets for Cobb and Adams last week) More of the same to come....
I'm surprised they don't look more to Janis

Seems kind of low to me by FBGs this week as a WR3/4...Gotta pick 2 out of Adams, Lafell, and Kelce and based on their rankings Adams would be the odd man out but that doesnt feel right.

Seems kind of low to me by FBGs this week as a WR3/4...Gotta pick 2 out of Adams, Lafell, and Kelce and based on their rankings Adams would be the odd man out but that doesnt feel right.
I have to choose between Cooks and Adams and even tho cooks is ranked higher my gut says to go with adams.

I see Adams inching up the weekly rankings, but until he has that breakout game, people seem afraid to stick their neck out. 11 targets, 7 catches, and 93 yards against a stout Carolina defense last week makes us owners very optimistic. I think you'll need to see 100 plus a TD until you seem him ranked as a WR2.

I see Adams inching up the weekly rankings, but until he has that breakout game, people seem afraid to stick their neck out. 11 targets, 7 catches, and 93 yards against a stout Carolina defense last week makes us owners very optimistic. I think you'll need to see 100 plus a TD until you seem him ranked as a WR2.
He was over 100 yards last week. Got a -12 or -14 counted against him for a lateral on that last play that took him back to 93. BS ruling in my book. He's already broken out.

He was over 100 yards last week. Got a -12 or -14 counted against him for a lateral on that last play that took him back to 93. BS ruling in my book. He's already broken out.
I was going to say, I swore he had over 100 yards last week but then noticed it was 93 yards the other day. At least Im not crazy.

I'd like to see him getting the TDs that Jones was getting. That'll do it.

I'd like to see him getting the TDs that Jones was getting. That'll do it.
Green Bay is mad as hell and they are not going to take it anymore! They will take out there calm frustration on the #####cats, my home team. I expect at least a 40 burger hung on them. How they score all those points is up for debate. Rodgers good for 4 TD's and Starks will probably chip in a couple on the ground. Defense may add another to the mix. GB 45 - DET 17. Cobb gets 2, Adams 1, and either Rodgers or Jones the other one.

In other words load up on your Packers this week. Unfortunately our team plays against Rodgers this week while our guy Palmer gets Seattle.

Edit - perhaps Adams gets two and ascends to high end WR #2 after being in the WR #5-6 ranks. He hasn't proven a thing, except for a tease last week. Is it Adams time?

Adams isnt a must start to me if you have better options but if he is going to have a shot at scoring it is this week. Rodgers could put up 6 just out of anger and to tell people to R-E-L-A-X again.
So don't start him if you have better options?

Probably won't help anyone with their decision process but in my non-PPR league with WR & TEs combined, super flex + standard flex league.

Starting Crabtree over Adams and starting Adams over Karlos Williams, Ryan Matthews & Dorial Green-Beckham.

YMMV

Didn't he also get about 40 yards on a junk play with no time left in the first half?

One decent game is not a breakout.

Really thinking about putting him in over John brown. Brown is not quite healthy. Adams should get as many targets as Brown.

Adams really should be a WR3 at this point.

It is performances like this that validate my opposition to PPR. That wasn't worth 17 points in any format.

shadyridr said:
Yeah he's just a guy. Nothing special
Ladsud said:
Turned 21 targets into 79 yards.
shadyridr said:
He doesn't get any separation, he's not fast, not big. Jag
Chaka said:
It is performances like this that validate my opposition to PPR. That wasn't worth 17 points in any format.
Did any of you actually watch the game?
yeah he got no separation, contested in every play. He looks like just a guy. 21 targets for 79 yards is horrid.

shadyridr said:
Ladsud said:
shadyridr said:
Chaka said:
I seen a bit, can you explain why he averaged 3.5 yards per target and caught less than half of them or are you just letting us know you watched the game?

Reason #1 for the putrid 3.5 per target was Aaron Rodgers not being able to hit the broad side of a barn today.

Adams dropped a couple, and cost himself a big day on one of those drops. Cobb had a big drop too. Adams also made a beautiful one handed catch.

Rotoworld just posted that Cobb has caught 50% of his targets over the last 6 games, with only one game over 55 yards.

In all honesty, Rodgers is playing like crap. That 2 point conversion to Adams should have been an easy conversion. Instead Rodgers doesn't lead Adams out into the open space ahead of him, and that allows the defender to make a play on the ball as it arrived. That play was a microcosm of the game for Rodgers and Adams.

shadyridr said:
Ladsud said:
shadyridr said:
Chaka said:
Lord I hate that comment. It is completely nonsensical and tries to make implications that are completely unsupportable. Yes, as a matter of fact I did watch the game and Adams left a ton of yardage, including two potential TDs and a two point conversion on the field. Rodgers may have been "off" somewhat today but when ascribing blame I think it is Aaron Rodgers who has earned far more benefit of the doubt than any other Packer. Don't you?"Did you watch the game?" Yeesh. :rolleyes:

shadyridr said:
Ladsud said:
shadyridr said:
Chaka said:
I did and I agree with all this. Doesn't mean he can't get better, but James Jones should still be ahead of him on the depth chart this year.

Reason #1 for the putrid 3.5 per target was Aaron Rodgers not being able to hit the broad side of a barn today.

Adams dropped a couple, and cost himself a big day on one of those drops. Cobb had a big drop too. Adams also made a beautiful one handed catch.

Rotoworld just posted that Cobb has caught 50% of his targets over the last 6 games, with only one game over 55 yards.

In all honesty, Rodgers is playing like crap. That 2 point conversion to Adams should have been an easy conversion. Instead Rodgers doesn't lead Adams out into the open space ahead of him, and that allows the defender to make a play on the ball as it arrived. That play was a microcosm of the game for Rodgers and Adams.
I am pretty sure Rodgers got hit on that throw, and couldn't step into the throw. I thought it was still a poor effort by Adams to come back and get the ball in my option.

shadyridr said:
Ladsud said:
shadyridr said:
Chaka said:
I did and I agree with all this. Doesn't mean he can't get better, but James Jones should still be ahead of him on the depth chart this year.
Jones is barely in the game plan now. Which is how it should be. He's slow. He was very fortunate to be Rodgers' red zone choice early on, but there was a reason the Raiders and Giants didn't want him. As for Adams, he is clearly the number one guy now. 21 targets. Ridgers zeros in on him. I saw a few drops, but also some bad passes. He's in for a great second half.

Users who are viewing this thread