Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Aaron Donald - The Best Player in the 2014 NFL Draft

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's not who you might think. He's not Clowny, Mack, Watkins or Robinson. He's not Matthews, and he most certainly isn't Blake effing Bortles. The best player in this year's draft is an undersized DT

Great call by the OP

Not really, guy isn't even good enough to get a 2nd deal. 

26 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I wonder if that makes it tough to sign Goff in a couple years........

With the 5th year option Goff is under contract through 2020, so his numbers will hit starting in 2021. By then the large contracts for guys like Suh, Whitworth, Talib and Barron should be off the books to create some breathing room.

I trust that the current management team knows what they're doing. At least I hope so.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aaron Donald - DL -  Rams

Associated Press named Rams DT Aaron Donald its 2018 Defensive Player of the Year.

It’s the second straight DPOY for Donald. Holdouts the last two years pushed the Rams to make Donald the highest paid defensive player this preseason. He responded with a career high in sacks (20.5) and led the NFL in quarterback pressures. An unanimous first-team All-Pro, Donald has made Pro Bowls in five consecutive seasons. Donald’s dominance on the interior is a major reason why the Rams are playing in the Super Bowl.

Feb 2 - 6:47 PM

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Aaron Donald was named NFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 11.

Donald and the L.A. defense carried the Rams to a win over the Bears last Sunday night with Donald recording a pair of sacks, couple tackles for loss, and a pass breakup. He was whipping the interior of the Chicago offensive line all night. Donald has won the award six times in his career. He's again Pro Football Focus' No. 1 interior defensive lineman by a wide margin.

Nov 20, 2019, 8:54 AM ET

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Troy Aikman commented today that he's played against Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor, and that Aaron Donald is the best defensive player he's ever seen.  I realize that he's in TV now and given to hyperbole, recency bias, etc. but wow.

Rams DL Aaron Donald (ribs) said he's not experiencing pain and will play this week against the Packers. 

This is in line with everything we've heard about Donald's rib ailment over the past few days. Head coach Sean McVay said Donald will be ready to suit up in the Rams' Divisional Round showdown, and Donald's Tuesday comments confirm as much. "All I can tell you is I feel good, I feel strong and I’ll be ready on Saturday," Donald added. Aaron Rodgers, who has enjoyed the best pass blocking of any quarterback in the NFL this season, could face much more pressure than usual against LA if Donald plays. 

SOURCE: Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter 

Jan 13, 2021, 3:23 PM ET

On 1/9/2021 at 7:12 PM, zed2283 said:

Troy Aikman commented today that he's played against Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor, and that Aaron Donald is the best defensive player he's ever seen.  I realize that he's in TV now and given to hyperbole, recency bias, etc. but wow.

We were talking about the same thing.  Very high praise indeed.  Aikman also went on to make a case for Donald being the best player in the league, period.  And that he should easily be considered for MVP.

Donald is everything Suh was supposed to be coming out of college. Now, Suh had a great pro career, but Donald looks in the pros like Suh did at Nebraska.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Aaron Donald has been named the Associated Press' Defensive Player of the Year. 

Donald has now won the award three times in four years, joining Lawrence Taylor and J.J. Watt as the only three-time winners. Playing in his age-29 campaign, Donald seemed more unblockable than ever as he tallied the second most sacks (13.5) of his future Hall-of-Fame career. The most important non-quarterback player in the entire league, Donald turns 30 in May and is signed through 2024. 

Feb 6, 2021, 9:33 PM ET

• 2 months later...

A Pittsburgh attorney said he'll file assault charges against Aaron Donald after an alleged altercation in Pittsburgh. 

Attorney Todd Hollis on Wednesday provided a picture of a man with a severely swollen eye and cuts on his face, and said Donald had assaulted the man in the wee hours of April 11. The 2020 defensive player of the year has not yet responded to the allegations. The NFL will certainly track the situation. 

SOURCE: CBS.com 

Apr 14, 2021, 11:05 AM ET

@BINGBING - Your theory wasn’t far off:

An attorney for Aaron Donald said Donald didn't start the altercation that resulted in a Pittsburgh man suffering multiple injuries. 

The attorney, according to The Athletic's Jordan Rodrigue, said Donald "actually prevented the man" -- DeVincent Spriggs -- "from further injury by intervening" in the fight. A complaint has been filed by Spriggs alleging assault by Donald. The Rams acknowledged they are aware of the incident, and the NFL is sure to keep a close eye on the legal developments here. 

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Apr 16, 2021, 11:37 AM ET

• Laughing 1

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports assault allegations against Aaron Donald have been dropped.

The man who was injured in a brawl in Pittsburgh last weekend has recanted his accusations after security footage showed Donald wasn't involved in the fight. “I wanted to make this statement public. And to extend an apology to Aaron for what he’s gone through, but I clearly know this was not him,” Attorney Todd Hollis said in a statement. The security footage also confirmed that Donald "actually came to the rescue and pulled people away." This puts an end to legal issues for Donald, who turns 30 next month. The Rams will have an extended offseason after players opted out of May's voluntary OTAs.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Apr 17, 2021, 9:39 AM ET

• Like 1