Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Jameis Winston - football talk


Recommended Posts

The Tampa Bay QB position has put up some insane numbers this year.  

Between the two of them, their average passing yards per game is 390! and they are averaging  2.57 passing TD's per game, they have also  thrown in 180 rush yards and 2 rushing TDs.

Those numbers  would be 2nd to only Mahomes in overall production.

Of course, another benching is possible but at this point it seems like the Bucs have moved on from Winston and playing him risks injury which is the only way his contract cannot be written off after this year so there really is an incentive to bench him for good now.

I don't think the Jags would want him. Their locker room is already dysfunctional, adding Winston would only make it worse. To be honest the only real trade fit for Winston I see is maybe the Dolphins. I guess we'll find out soon.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by gradin123
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Similar to when I was a teenager, I was "methodical" in my pursuit of Christie Brinkley. 

So that deft, thumbed blind kid sure could throw a football?

Winston has more completions to Saints players than Taysom Hill does in his career. I like the fit a ton. 

3 hours ago, gradin123 said:

The Tampa Bay QB position has put up some insane numbers this year.  

Between the two of them, their average passing yards per game is 390! and they are averaging  2.57 passing TD's per game, they have also  thrown in 180 rush yards and 2 rushing TDs.

Those numbers  would be 2nd to only Mahomes in overall production.

Of course, another benching is possible but at this point it seems like the Bucs have moved on from Winston and playing him risks injury which is the only way his contract cannot be written off after this year so there really is an incentive to bench him for good now.

I don't think the Jags would want him. Their locker room is already dysfunctional, adding Winston would only make it worse. To be honest the only real trade fit for Winston I see is maybe the Dolphins. I guess we'll find out soon.

 

 

 

 

 

You've convinced me, he'll be a patriot by Wednesday.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Winston was absolute trash this week - a week many of us finally had to start him to cover a BYE. 

Worth noting that even with the 4 Ints, he was at 286 yards, just 5 mins into the 3rd. He was on pace for a 400+ yard passing day. 

IMO the Jags would be crazy to not at least make an opening salvo to the Bucs for him. 

On a team where he doesn’t need to throw 50x a game Winston could be a very effective QB. Maybe that’s crazy talk, but he’s better than Bortles, IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, lod001 said:

For fantasy, get on board. He's total garbage as an NFL QB but he will put up big numbers if the turnovers don't hurt you.

that's wht i thought 6 weeks ago when he got the job back... i keep blowing through FAAB money aquiring these two turnover machines.... will try again to get winston back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, iamkoza said:

that's wht i thought 6 weeks ago when he got the job back... i keep blowing through FAAB money aquiring these two turnover machines.... will try again to get winston back.

Yeah I don't know how you trust either of these guys. You are seriously playing with fire.

You'd think Koetter would stick with Winston the whole game this week? But would anything surprise you with this team?

Think the only way I would start a Winston is if I was projected to lose by a lot. At that point, the hell with it. Put your chips all on red and hope for the best.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I need Winston to start the rest of the games this year because he's the only QB I have left in the Subscriber Contest. 

NFL Network said his contract has an option for 21 million but it's only guaranteed if he gets hurt this year - is that right?  I guess the Bucs aren't that concerned bout it since they played him yesterday - any speculation that the Bucs might sit him to avoid injury so they can dump him next year?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Official:
 

Quote

The Tampa Bay Times reports the Bucs will go back to Jameis Winston as their starting quarterback for Week 12.

It's hardly a surprise after Ryan Fitzpatrick threw seven interceptions in 2.5 games in place of Winston. Winston is going to turn the ball over a ton, as well, but he does so in a slightly more dignified fashion than FitzMagic. In a pass-heavy offense locked into weekly shootouts by the Bucs' terrible defense, Winston will be a QB1 more weeks than not. That includes Week 12 against the 49ers

 

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, it's the Niners in a shootout. I'm a Mahomes owner and he's on Bye Week 12; I have no issues taking Jameis at home vs. San Francisco.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Would they really bench him one game in? 

I think you know the answer.

Anything seems possible with this team. I wouldn't be surprised if Winston starts, gets benched, Fitz comes in, and then he's benched...all in one game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I think you know the answer.

Anything seems possible with this team. I wouldn't be surprised if Winston starts, gets benched, Fitz comes in, and then he's benched...all in one game.

I wonder if this is a record for number of QB changes in one year (not due to injury).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was planning on starting Trubisky for Mahomes' bye week, but God help me, I'm thinking about picking up Winston instead.

In related news, I'm considering getting back together with my ex-girlfriend. The sex was amazing but last time I suggested we take a break she carved the word "a##hole" into the side of my car and then sent a rambling email bad-mouthing me to all of my friends and coworkers. What do you think, yea or nay?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zftcg said:

Was planning on starting Trubisky for Mahomes' bye week, but God help me, I'm thinking about picking up Winston instead.

In related news, I'm considering getting back together with my ex-girlfriend. The sex was amazing but last time I suggested we take a break she carved the word "a##hole" into the side of my car and then sent a rambling email bad-mouthing me to all of my friends and coworkers. What do you think, yea or nay?

I'm trying to drop Bortles to use Winston for Goff's bye...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs QBs are currently sitting at QB2 overall with an outside chance to pass Mahomes who is on bye this week.  Bucs QBs averaging 375 yards and 2.5 TDs per game.  Mahomes 330 yards and 3.4 TDs per game.

Unfortunately Bucs QBs have gotten benched in 30% of their games this year.  So there is a huge risk there.  But the payoff has been a top 2-3 QB in the other 70% of games.  Just gotta figure out how much you are willing to risk.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Synthesizer said:

Bucs QBs are currently sitting at QB2 overall with an outside chance to pass Mahomes who is on bye this week.  Bucs QBs averaging 375 yards and 2.5 TDs per game.  Mahomes 330 yards and 3.4 TDs per game.

Unfortunately Bucs QBs have gotten benched in 30% of their games this year.  So there is a huge risk there.  But the payoff has been a top 2-3 QB in the other 70% of games.  Just gotta figure out how much you are willing to risk.

As a one-week bye fill-in and a good match-up, I'm willing to take the risk. But anything longer term, I'm not sure I'd be able to stomach it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This season hasn't exactly turned out how the Bucs hoped, I think. It's pretty bad.  Now they're yo-yoing these guys around and it can't possibly help Jameis' development.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, rockaction said:

This season hasn't exactly turned out how the Bucs hoped, I think. It's pretty bad.  Now they're yo-yoing these guys around and it can't possibly help Jameis' development.  

LOL. I'm not sure anyone outside of the Winston family is all that concerned with his development at this point. Bucs are cleaning house the day after the season ends.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zftcg said:

LOL. I'm not sure anyone outside of the Winston family is all that concerned with his development at this point. Bucs are cleaning house the day after the season ends.

I guess they're not worried about sunk costs, then, huh? 

1.01 is pretty tough for an organization to give up on so quickly on a guy, but hey, if the Glazers want to.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

I guess they're not worried about sunk costs, then, huh? 

1.01 is pretty tough for an organization to give up on so quickly on a guy, but hey, if the Glazers want to.  

 

The whole point of sunk costs is that you're not supposed to worry about them. If the Glazers have overcome the irrational attachment people typically have to them, they should be applauded.

But it will probably more be a case that the only way to recruit a top coach/GM is by promising them they will have the opportunity to develop their own QB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, habsfan said:

After the revolving door I've had since Garoppolo (including Fitz and Winston) I would gladly take four quarters of either one. It's the one to three quarters I can't afford.

Same boat, Garropolo injured, Fitz/Winston merry go round. Picked up Mayfield, not bad but inconsistent Got so sick of it, I traded for Wentz and he cost me a win this week too by scoring ZERO. So jealous of those in my league with set and forget QBs like Mahomes and Brees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Convinced myself to go after Winston tonight in waivers after recently tearing much hair out of my head over Fitz. If he's not benched, he should put up the numbers. 

M. Trubisky injury forcing me into action and most likely anxiety.

I need to decide between Wentz after a horrible week and Winston, both decent matchups, both at home. I'd guess Winston is safe from getting benched for one week anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...