What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (3 Viewers)

Winston is not a CEO-QB and these days that's what teams want. He has all the athleticism to play the game, to make the throws but he just doesn't have it between the ears. 

Bad news for Godwin owners: I have him on my FF team. Which means Jameis will be benched soon and Godwin will go back to being an average receiver. Sorry.

Arians is gonna ride this bust into the ground. He's not smart enough to see if there is a Kyle Allen in Ryan Griffin.

Ryan Griffin has no arm strength at all. His outs were constantly getting jumped by DBs in 4th quarters of preseason games. He isn’t a guy who should be starting anywhere. 

Ride Jameis out, win your 5-6 games, trade the farm to move up to draft the next loser. 

Anyone got the cajones this week?

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.

Ryan Griffin has no arm strength at all. His outs were constantly getting jumped by DBs in 4th quarters of preseason games. He isn’t a guy who should be starting anywhere. 

Ride Jameis out, win your 5-6 games, trade the farm to move up to draft the next loser. 
Funny. I actually still believe in this guy and this system. He had a terrible game last game out. Okay. Move on and learn. 

Last year they benched him after 4 pick game. But this year they are just riding it out. 

Maybe he gets right after the bye? Hard to trust but the upside of this team chucking the ball is there.
I am playing him in a superflex (you can start 2 QBs). I have options to play another QB, but I'm going with him. Not all of his games have been bad this year. 

I am playing him in a superflex (you can start 2 QBs). I have options to play another QB, but I'm going with him. Not all of his games have been bad this year. 
Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 

Even when they're bad, they're not single digit games due to volume alone. I don't think he's been under ten all year, and he's been awfully close to thirty or so once or twice. I pay attention, though my main league is 20 yds/point, not 25, so YMMV.  He averages around twenty a game or so. 
He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.

All qbs score a lot but looking at his floor even on bad games it’s pretty good. His worst game by far has been game 1 against San Fran. Wentz just put up a worse scoring day against Dallas.

He scored 24 points in our league scoring WITH 6 turnovers. I didn’t own him nor did I start him at the time.

All qbs score a lot but looking at his floor even on bad games it’s pretty good. His worst game by far has been game 1 against San Fran. Wentz just put up a worse scoring day against Dallas.
Yep, and Kyler Murray and Darnold, both of whom I started in a Superflex league, combined for four total points last week. FOUR.

Ooof.

My main league is 20 yds too. I don't have Winston in that league, but he did get 9 points in the first game of the season. We are penalized -2 for interceptions, and he threw 3 in that one with low volume. In that same league he got 16 points for his last outing with 5 interceptions, which isn't bad considering all the turnovers.

My main league is 20 yds too. I don't have Winston in that league, but he did get 9 points in the first game of the season. We are penalized -2 for interceptions, and he threw 3 in that one with low volume. In that same league he got 16 points for his last outing with 5 interceptions, which isn't bad considering all the turnovers.
True that different leagues give different penalties and the first game was a mess in SF for him. But I think your point and my follow-up stick, though. Even in a disastrous outing, he can score respectably.

They're riding it out because they don't have an alternative like Fitzpatrick now.

He's in my lineup over Wentz, FWIW.

I think it depends on your league scoring. I’m still rolling with him in a league that gives 6 per TD and only -1 per turnover. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny. I actually still believe in this guy and this system. He had a terrible game last game out. Okay. Move on and learn. 
I just think it’s enough. It’s clear he’s very good when he’s on but he has too many games where he gives the team no chance to win. They would have beat SF and almost certainly Carolina if he played even decent and if that happened they are in the playoff race. There are just too many throws where he could have just thrown it away. He doesn’t get it and it’s year 5 so he never will. And it sucks, because he is sooooo good when he is on. 

I just think it’s enough. It’s clear he’s very good when he’s on but he has too many games where he gives the team no chance to win. They would have beat SF and almost certainly Carolina if he played even decent and if that happened they are in the playoff race. There are just too many throws where he could have just thrown it away. He doesn’t get it and it’s year 5 so he never will. And it sucks, because he is sooooo good when he is on. 
That's a fair assessment. It's tantalizing, because when he is on -- and not forcing it nor flailing like he does where he has his arm cocked with that back leg buckling under --  he looks fully legit. 

Had to start him because of Ryan getting hurt. Feeling pretty not too great at the moment. When he’s bad, he’s horrid.

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

Anybody know who the receivers should have been on those picks?

I also saw that Mike Evans had 198 yards in the first 3 quarters, and received zero of the twelve 4th quarter targets - seems odd, no?

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

Anybody know who the receivers should have been on those picks?

I also saw that Mike Evans had 198 yards in the first 3 quarters, and received zero of the twelve 4th quarter targets - seems odd, no?
There was one right where Godwin may have stopped on the route. You’d like to give a guy having that phenomenal of a season the benefit of the doubt through. I don’t really remember what happened on the others. The center snapped a fumble when he wasn’t looking though.  

No matter how Arians spins it 10 turnovers in two games is lunacy. You can’t just blame everybody else for that. 

https://youtu.be/PODaUl4zY_w

Is Bucs GM Running a Pro Jameis Winston Burner Account?

Joe Praino and Andy Ruther offer substantial evidence that Tampa Bay Buccaneers GM Jason Licht is the man behind an anonymous pro Jameis Winston Twitter account and Amazon book.

:lmao:
In all seriousness, I remember I used to comment at boston.com for the Red Sox games and I could swear that on the scene around 2010-11 there popped up a bunch of suspicious accounts that sounded like disinformation in the form of positive trolling. I thought it was weird, and never could prove it, but I think these things happen. 

:scared: And I see dead people. 

Sold him for a middle of the pack 2020 1st in a superflex league.  Might’ve been able to squeeze out more, but my team isn’t competing and the QBs next year are far more attractive.  I don’t believe he has much long term value beyond this season

no talent bum. can't be trustedin your lineup. there's no way you'd start him as we get closed to the fantasy playoffs.no way!
Really depends greatly on whether your league penalizes for turnovers.  Mine doesn't.  He's currently QB7 on a ppg basis.  Last year the combined stats for Winston and Fitz would have been QB2, behind only Mahomes. 

Plenty to like for fantasy, even if he's a terrible QB in real life.

Really depends greatly on whether your league penalizes for turnovers.  Mine doesn't.  He's currently QB7 on a ppg basis.  Last year the combined stats for Winston and Fitz would have been QB2, behind only Mahomes. 

Plenty to like for fantasy, even if he's a terrible QB in real life.

Agree 100 percent.  Bucs can't run the ball.  They can't play defense which leads to up-tempo game script and shoot-outs.  As someone else already stated, even with the TOs he producing.

To add the cherry on top, his schedule really begins to lighten up.  I expect Winston to be much better going forward.  

Users who are viewing this thread