What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (7 Viewers)

my comments copied from the other Winston thread

Houston is really bad vs the pass. 30 TDs vs 8 picks.  Like Arizona, Oakland and Detroit bad.  Can't cover anybody, can't get to the QB.  Equal opportunity, can get burned by WRs and TEs.  I think Howard and Brate have big days.  But have to temper expectations.  It's far more likely to be a 275 and 2 TD day than his last two.  Still rolling with him.  He's earned it. Against a better defense probably not.

Wrong, but thanks. He's a great leader. There's plenty to dislike about his past, but that's for other to decide. I'm not even discussing that here. He's too careless with the football. End of story. He's averaging a pick a game for his career. He's averaging 10 fumbles a season for his career. That's 26 INTs/fumbles per season. That's not acceptable at all. And spare me the it'll improve stuff. He's 5 full years in. He is who he is. Mechanics can change, even work ethic can change. Know what can't change? Mentality and a guy's natural instincts. Jameis just doesn't have them when it comes to ball security.
What's your take on the argument that it's his first year in Arians system and QBs like Palmer and Manning both had high turnovers in this system in the beginning.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone not starting him in the SB?
I probably am starting him but I am looking at a few other options as well. It is either him or I could pick up Dalton @ Miami,  Mustachio @ ATL or Trubisky Vs KC.  So far i like Winston the best but that could change later this week.

What's your take on the argument that it's his first year in Arians system and QBs like Palmer and Manning both had high turnovers in this system in the beginning.  
First look at the fact that in both cases, said QBs (1, a rookie) were with their first year in a new organization. On top of learning the new system, there were also new locker room dynamics/culture being formed and new receivers to gel with. I would argue the performance would be sub-par regardless.

With Peyton, he is one of the greatest ever who was a legendary film room savant. I'm 100% sure he would have found his way regardless of coaching.

Carson was always an up and down QB, even before Bruce. He had great years (05/06) and then other very average years. I don't think this changed much with Bruce, though this is tougher to judge due to the injuries, but his last season (7 games) wasn't looking particularly impressive, though age could also have been a factor at that point.

We'll see with Jameis. I don't have high hopes because the gunslinging goes back to college. Nobody has ever really reined that in, because you can't rein in a gunslinger. It's just pure instinct, it's in their DNA. But we'll see.

Anyone not starting him in the SB?
It’s him or Brees. I know that sounds like a “no-brainer” for Brees but he’s on the road at Tennessee. Seems the Saints struggle on the road...

In addition I’m going against the Watson owner. Probably shouldn’t let that influence me but....

TB fans input needed. 

How do you think Winston will do throwing to Perriman? I haven't watch any TB games. Will Perriman be his default #1WR? 

Jameis Winston (thumb) was throwing tennis balls at Wednesday's practice.

It's the same routine he followed last week before lighting the Lions on fire for 458 yards and four touchdowns. Winston is going to play against the Texans Saturday and will be a top-six QB1 for that matchup, even with Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Scotty Miller all out with hamstring injuries.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:44 AM ET

my comments copied from the other Winston thread

Houston is really bad vs the pass. 30 TDs vs 8 picks.  Like Arizona, Oakland and Detroit bad.  Can't cover anybody, can't get to the QB.  Equal opportunity, can get burned by WRs and TEs.  I think Howard and Brate have big days.  But have to temper expectations.  It's far more likely to be a 275 and 2 TD day than his last two.  Still rolling with him.  He's earned it. Against a better defense probably not.
He's gotten us this far and will be riding him, not looking for another monster 400+ 4TD game, 275-300 and 2 will be just fine, could also score on the ground.  

TB fans input needed. 

How do you think Winston will do throwing to Perriman? I haven't watch any TB games. Will Perriman be his default #1WR? 
Perriman has been big the last couple weeks. If you’re desperate for WR help you could do much worse. Perriman will be his #1 target. 

I’m getting cold feet with Winston not having Evans and Godwin 

:(
I think the volume will be there, they are playing another elite QB and you cant run on Tampa. or at least teams choose not to. 

Could he have a 3 turnover day? sure, but hes at home and I think he will do fine, honestly I think OJ howard and Brate will get some targets....

I’m getting cold feet with Winston not having Evans and Godwin 

:(
I have him and Brees and I’m rolling Brees although his history on grass and on the road and some “experts” like that Fabiano guy, have me nervous. My opponent also has Watson so there’s definitely a side to me that wants to play Winston and go head-to-head. But man...just get a bad feeling...

I have him and Brees and I’m rolling Brees although his history on grass and on the road and some “experts” like that Fabiano guy, have me nervous. My opponent also has Watson so there’s definitely a side to me that wants to play Winston and go head-to-head. But man...just get a bad feeling...
Brees on the road, outdoors, cold, against a decent team? Yeah Id roll Jamies at home.

Winston with a pick-6 on the first play of the game, and he has now thrown an INT on the opening drive in four of their last five games, but I thought he only threw so many picks because TB's defense was so bad?  There goes that theory. 

Block in the back saved him for another pick-6.  He has six this year.  I wonder what the record is for most pick-6's in a single season. 

I hate this guy.  It is ALWAYS the same story with him.  When I don't really need him to step up, he goes crazy.  Need a big game?  He does this crap.  Can't stand him.  Shame on me, I guess.

He’s like the hot girl you want to break up with but you don’t because she keeps giving you some amazing nights. Bucs will prob go through a couple more years of this.

as awful as he has been he still has 14.12 points in myleague WITHOUT perriman playing a big role in it.  Since im playing against perriman its not an awful 1st half for me.  

Today, he didn't have his top two WRs and he would have been better served not to have his top two TEs....

Jameis Winston completed 25-of-48 passes for 335 yards, one touchdown, and four interceptions in Tampa Bay's Week 16 loss to the Texans.

Winston's three interceptions in the first half, including two on back-to-back possessions out the gates, made for the 11th time he's tossed at least three picks in a single game — three more than Philip Rivers has registered since entering the league. It also ensured the 25-year-old head into Sunday as the league leader in interceptions (28). Sunday's performance ran the gamut of Winston's criticisms including a pick-six on Tampa Bay's opening drive, two dropped interceptions, multiple overthrown receivers wide-open in the end zone, and a handful of pinpoint back-shoulder fades 20-plus yards downfield. Having passed Tony Romo for No. 19 all-time with 4,908 single-season passing yards, Winston will finish this year in the record books no matter his final tally in Week 17. He's arguably become must-see television despite Tampa Bay's subpar 7-8 record.

Users who are viewing this thread