What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (3 Viewers)

Jameis Winston: Trying to avoid doing something dumb for 4 months

Well, getting drafted by the Bucs would certainly end that streak.
Yeah, throwing to Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, and Austin Sefarian Jenkins is going to be a real bummer.

Guess all those rumors about Winston being fat were wrong, as the QB checked in at 6'3 3/4" and 231 pounds, which is very good size. Florida State had him listed around that height.
:coffee:

Yeah, throwing to Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson, and Austin Sefarian Jenkins is going to be a real bummer.
That's nice. Too bad their offensive line is terrible.
Yea things never change in an offseason.
It was actually a joke. I guess I had no idea Bucs fans couldn't laugh at their team. But yeah, you're probably right, they'll rebuild that offensive line over the offseason and be gangbusters with their rookie QB. Teams do that all the time. :yes:

Rotoworld:

Florida State QB Jameis Winston measured 6-foot-3 3/4 and 231 pounds at the NFL Combine weigh-in.

Winston played the 2014 college season at 248 pounds, so he's dropped a good deal of weight. The pluses on Winston are film-documented anticipation passing in Florida State's pro-style offense, and his willingness to pull the trigger on difficult throws into coverage and downfield. Winston is a deliberate mover, however, in terms of his pass drop, delivery, and pocket movement. He also has myriad off-field concerns. Winston remains the heavy favorite to be selected No. 1 overall by Tampa Bay and projects as a day-one NFL starter.

Feb 19 - 9:04 AM

It was actually a joke. I guess I had no idea Bucs fans couldn't laugh at their team. But yeah, you're probably right, they'll rebuild that offensive line over the offseason and be gangbusters with their rookie QB. Teams do that all the time. :yes:
We're a defensive bunch.

This is the part I love. There will be no excuses as far as weapons.

Bucs will still be a dumpster fire next season no matter who they pick.
Which is why they should pass on the QB since next year will provide better QB options in the draft. The team that doesn't get stuck with Winston or Mariota will be glad they passed if they can secure Jared Goff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Which is why they should pass on the QB since next year will provide better QB options in the draft. The team that doesn't get stuck with Winston or Mariota will be glad they passed if they can secure Jeff Goff.
So your strategy is to tank another season to get the #1 pick? You wouldn't be employed very long.

We laugh about the Bucs all the time. Do you not see the Bucs thread title here?

Which is why they should pass on the QB since next year will provide better QB options in the draft. The team that doesn't get stuck with Winston or Mariota will be glad they passed if they can secure Jeff Goff.
Goff is nowhere near JW or MM right now. :lmao: He's behind Cook, Jones and maybe even Hackenburg.

Maybe with a great season he can leap up to #1 but no GM is passing on these guys based on that hope. Idiotic.

Rotoworld:

Buccaneers GM Jason Licht indicated Tampa Bay must ascertain whether Florida State's Jameis Winston is "a bad person or just an immature person."
"The bottom line with all players who have concerns, you have to figure out whether the guy's a bad person or just an immature person," Licht said when asked about Winston's off-field issues. "And there's a big difference." Licht, the director of player personnel in Arizona when the Cardinals drafted Tyrann Mathieu, has some gamble in him. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah reported last week he's hearing most teams believe Winston is immature, as opposed to a bad apple.

Source: NFL.com
Feb 19 - 5:23 PM

Rotoworld:

Buccaneers GM Jason Licht indicated Tampa Bay must ascertain whether Florida State's Jameis Winston is "a bad person or just an immature person."

"The bottom line with all players who have concerns, you have to figure out whether the guy's a bad person or just an immature person," Licht said when asked about Winston's off-field issues. "And there's a big difference." Licht, the director of player personnel in Arizona when the Cardinals drafted Tyrann Mathieu, has some gamble in him. NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah reported last week he's hearing most teams believe Winston is immature, as opposed to a bad apple.

Feb 19 - 5:23 PM
"I'm not dangerous, guys, I'm just a dooshbag"

Goff is nowhere near JW or MM right now. :lmao: He's behind Cook, Jones and maybe even Hackenburg.

Maybe with a great season he can leap up to #1 but no GM is passing on these guys based on that hope. Idiotic.
Says the guy who called Glennon's game against Cleveland the worst QB display ever. You have zero credibility when it comes to evaluating QBs.

Goff is nowhere near JW or MM right now. :lmao: He's behind Cook, Jones and maybe even Hackenburg.Maybe with a great season he can leap up to #1 but no GM is passing on these guys based on that hope. Idiotic.
Says the guy who called Glennon's game against Cleveland the worst QB display ever. You have zero credibility when it comes to evaluating QBs.
:lmao: yes tell me more about his yardage totals that game please

Rotoworld:

Buccaneers GM Jason Licht said he would listen to Bucs great Derrick Brooks' endorsement of Florida State's Jameis Winston.
Brooks, a former FSU linebacker, has "taken a liking to Winston," according to NFL.com, and could be a potential mentor if Winston winds up in Tampa. Not everyone agrees with Brooks, of course, so Licht will have plenty of voices to choose from when making this decision. For instance, former TB HC Tony Dungy strongly endorses Marcus Mariota for the top pick and said he would have a tough time taking Winston. "Keep in mind," Licht said, "our head coach is one of the finest human beings I have ever met, inside or outside of football. Character is very important to him."

Feb 19 - 7:28 PM

Rotoworld:

Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

Titans GM Ruston Webster said his team has "done a lot of work" on Florida State's Jameis Winston.

"You have to know the reality of the situation and don't go along with perception," Webster said. "Give the player, I don't want to say benefit of the doubt, but do your research." Webster and coach Ken Whisenhunt haven't given enthusiastic endorsements to Zach Mettenberger, and Whisenhunt indicated the franchise is on the lookout for a long-term star signal-caller. Webster didn't state what the team found during Winston's background check.

Feb 19 - 8:28 PM

I'm just gonna go ahead and refer to him as Jamarcus Winston until this crab legs-stealin' mofo proves me wrong.

@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago
Jameis Winston’s passing coach @georgewhitfield says Winston had no strength issues. He did undergo a Electromyography, as @mortreport said

@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
Florida St. QB Jameis Winston had extra medical tests yesterday to look at throwing-related nerve issue that's likely minor, source said.

@RCummingsTBO 7m7 minutes ago
Whitfield on Winston shoulder exam: “It’s a surprise. I don’t think it’s a situation. It’s probably just some observation.''

Rotoworld:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jameis Winston "checked out fine at the hospital" after doctors at the NFL Combine discovered "weakness" in his throwing shoulder.
RapSheet reports that just one doctor perceived the weakness, which is common in pitchers. Winston pitches for the Florida State baseball team. Per Rapoport, the "throwing-related nerve issue" is "likely minor." It sounds like Winston's shoulder "injury" will end up as a non-story within a few days.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Feb 20 - 2:15 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Florida State QB Jameis Winston announced he will throw at the NFL Combine on Saturday.
Winston expressed no worry about his recent "shoulder weakness," and will fully participate in quarterback drills when they kick off this weekend. The shoulder injury story now officially appears to be water under the bridge.

Feb 20 - 3:03 PM

‏@DanGrazianoESPN 1m1

Winston: "A lot of people thought I was fat, but I'm proving everybody wrong. I look good, and I know it."
@WillBrinson 55s

“I don’t know how good I really even am yet.” Jameis Winston does not lack for confidence.
@RavensInsider 6m

Jameis Winston: 'I plan on winning the Super Bowl next year. I want my name to stay relevant for the next 15, 20 years.'
"Y'know, I'm just happy to be here

and hope I can help the ballclub.

I just want to give it my best

shot and good Lord willing,

things'll work out... gotta play

'em one day at a time, Y'know..."

Jameis needs to go watch Bull Durham and brush up on his Cliches. They are his friend.

He has to behave, obviously, in order to reach his potential, but his press conference showed that, without question, he is a terrible little jagoff.

I wish him nothing but the worst.

golfer1a

30 minutes ago

The new Tampa Bay logo will be Winston's face (face of the franchise) above two crossed crab legs.

LionsLoseAgain

10 minutes ago

Winston doesn't like crossed legs ask that girl he raped.

Users who are viewing this thread