Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Jameis Winston - football talk

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Similar to when I was a teenager, I was "methodical" in my pursuit of Christie Brinkley. 

So that deft, thumbed blind kid sure could throw a football?

Winston has more completions to Saints players than Taysom Hill does in his career. I like the fit a ton. 

Harbaugh on Draft Academy talking about pre-draft interviews:

"It's not going to be confrontational. But that's basically what you're trying to find out. Is he an ###hole or not...so Jameis, let's start with you".

Jameis proceeds to lie and say he's only be involved with the police once - over the BB incident.

Did find out something new - I had never heard about him getting suspended a game in high school for laughing at his coach who had cried.

Edited by cstu

Just don't see how you take him #1. I'm not a hater, he's got talent. But he's too cocky, out of shape and too used to living off talent. That doesn't fly in the NFL. You need to be smarter and better prepared than your opponent.

More I read and watch I see Cutler.

• Like 2

"It's not going to be confrontational. But that's basically what you're trying to find out. Is he an ###hole or not...so Jameis, let's start with you".

Jameis proceeds to lie and say he's only be involved with the police once - over the BB incident.

Did find out something new - I had never heard about him getting suspended a game in high school for laughing at his coach who had cried.

Not that this video means anything, but him omitting thefts and rapes from the category of police involvement was just odd. And the coaches didn't know what to say, and they're no longer NFL guys. Has anything been more widely publicized than Jameis's off-field issues in the college game and football world? Why would he omit that?

The gentle correction about lies of omission they gave him is almost quaint, but sad.

Edited by rockaction

whichever team drafts Winston will have few female viewers on game days and that team will lose some male viewers too

people hate a rapist and even though he wasn't charged, I think most people believe he did force himself onto that woman

which NFL team wants to fight that image every week and take a chance on a guy who habitually gets into trouble ?

big

red

flag

whichever team drafts Winston will have few female viewers on game days and that team will lose some male viewers too

people hate a rapist and even though he wasn't charged, I think most people believe he did force himself onto that woman

which NFL team wants to fight that image every week and take a chance on a guy who habitually gets into trouble ?

big

red

flag

Yet the Steelers are one of the most popular teams still.

Not that this video means anything, but him omitting thefts and rapes from the category of police involvement was just odd. And the coaches didn't know what to say, and they're no longer NFL guys. Has anything been more widely publicized than Jameis's off-field issues in the college game and football world? Why would he omit that?

The gentle correction about lies of omission they gave him is almost quaint, but sad.

https://vine.co/v/eanhgeBwnOH

https://vine.co/v/eanhgeBwnOH
:lmao: he's so awkward.

big

red

flag

- Ben was already a Super Bowl champion when the first allegation happened.

- The Steelers were and still are one of the most popular teams but Ben's image is shot.

- Ben's first allegation is shady - a completely sober woman didn't try to fight back and was more worried about getting pregnant than being raped.

- the other allegation was attempted sexual assault (both were drunk but I don't believe she was sober enough to resist) however there was no proven intercourse (might have been 3 seconds) and the accuser didn't seem believable to me.

its a different world now with the NFL, violence to women, thug image etc than it was when Ben was raping college girls

can a team afford to have a Ray Rice ? not really no ... ADP as legend as he is was teetering on exile

it just isn't put up with anymore

I wouldn't be shocked to see Winston fall in the draft based on character and truthfully he SHOULD fall into the 2nd round

talent isn't everything in the NFL or any sport, not anymore

big

red

flag

- Ben was already a Super Bowl champion when the first allegation happened.

- The Steelers were and still are one of the most popular teams but Ben's image is shot.

- Ben's first allegation is shady - a completely sober woman didn't try to fight back and was more worried about getting pregnant than being raped.

- the other allegation was attempted sexual assault (both were drunk but I don't believe she was sober enough to resist) however there was no proven intercourse (might have been 3 seconds) and the

to me.
As long as Winston keeps clean and the team he plays for wins, he will be popular with the fans. As demonstrated many time on this thread, folks are willing to dismiss a lot, so long as he throws touchdowns and their team wins.

But, if I were a fan of a team, I'd be very concerned that (a) he is just a fat, lazy guy who never develops into even an adequate NFL QB and (b)that his past history is a predictor of future behavior that lands him in trouble, suspended, and eventually out of the league. He's a young kid and already has had multiple run-ins with the law, from the downright stupid to far more concerning issues.

Is it possible he has a complete overhaul of his personality and stays out of big time trouble? Sure. But, if I'm making a high selection on a guy, I need more than it being simply possible. I better be damn well certain. His omission of other police involvement in the Harbaugh piece suggests to me he still doesn't get it.

Edited by Proust Loves Cake

big

red

flag

Big difference here.

Actually he didn't lie. He wandered on about the bb thing and Harbaugh comments. They didn't ask him to continue. Matter of fact, they asked him if he had been involved with the police, not list list every occasion. Jameis actually gave a good interview answer to that question. He's just kind of hosed because everyone already knows everything about him.

Admitted that the crab legs were a 'hook up' - anytime he wanted something a guy would let him steal it, like that's supposed to be better.

It wasn't the first time he stole something from Publix - which was a birthday cake.

Edited by cstu

"The week before it was my buddy's birthday and we had got a cake and we met a dude who was inside Publix. And he said, ‘Hey, any time you come in here, I got you.’

So that day, we just walked up and he hooked us up with that (birthday cake).

"And when I came in to get crab legs, he did the same thing. And he just gave them to me and I walked out.

"Someone from inside the store said I didn't pay for them and that's how the whole thing started."

big

red

flag

Big difference here.

Sure. That's part of my point. Winning cures a lot in the eyes of fans.

Actually he didn't lie. He wandered on about the bb thing and Harbaugh comments. They didn't ask him to continue. Matter of fact, they asked him if he had been involved with the police, not list list every occasion. Jameis actually gave a good interview answer to that question. He's just kind of hosed because everyone already knows everything about him.

Wow that's some pretty solid spin there.

Sure this is technically stealing, but I have to admit when I was in college some of my fraternity brothers bartended at local bars and I would some times get free drinks from them. This actually makes him look better than just straight out thievery - although he may have violated NCAA rules. What college kid turns down free stuff, especially one that has some celebrity status?

Like I said earlier, I'd be very concerned if the Jets end up drafting him - but some of this stuff is kind of a stretch. If you truly want to assassinate his character, stick with the rape stuff.

The fact that he didn't throw his boy who was giving him the hook up under the bus at publix is impressive. Demonstrates leadership. Courage in the face of adversity. True #1 pick. :thumbup:

And maybe an NCAA sniffing around town.

Have you ever been in an interview where they ask you what your weaknesses are? Obviously you give them some benign answer and don't tell them everything you can think of for 30 minutes.

• Like 1

Have you ever been in an interview where they ask you what your weaknesses are? Obviously you give them some benign answer and don't tell them everything you can think of for 30 minutes.

Smithers: What would each of you say is your worst quality?

Man 1: Well, I a workaholic.

Man 2: I push myself too hard.

Homer: Well, it takes me a long time to learn anything, I'm kind of a goof-off...

Smithers: Okay, that'll do.

Homer: ... little stuff starts disappearing from the workplace...

Smithers: That's enough!

Except, you know, there's a tiny difference...everybody knows about Winston. It's not like some network analyst position at Initech.

Homer: Well, it takes me a long time to learn anything, I'm kind of a goof-off...

exactly

"The week before it was my buddy's birthday and we had got a cake and we met a dude who was inside Publix. And he said, ‘Hey, any time you come in here, I got you.’

So that day, we just walked up and he hooked us up with that (birthday cake).

"And when I came in to get crab legs, he did the same thing. And he just gave them to me and I walked out.

"Someone from inside the store said I didn't pay for them and that's how the whole thing started."

This is news to you?

These guys are like royalty in Tallahassee, just like anywhere else in the country that's crazy about football. Some dork was having a bad day and ratted him out, and of course it was mega news because he's Jameis freaking Winston.

exactly

Now, imagine you've been coached to be Man 1 by the best interview prep guy money can buy, and when the question comes up, the best thing you can think of is still, "Well, I'm only sort of a rapist and thief, if you really stop to think about it."

What does this say about: (1) your ability to process or communicate information; (2) the stuff you're feeling relieved you didn't have to bring up.

The fact that he didn't throw his boy who was giving him the hook up under the bus at publix is impressive. Demonstrates leadership. Courage in the face of adversity. True #1 pick. :thumbup:

For free crab legs? He already paid it back and was suspended too.

I said it months ago. The only really bad thing the guy has done since enrolling at FSU was the BB gun fight. Extremely dumb, & dangerous.

-saying "FHRITP" was a viral internet YouTube. That is a 20yo kid joking around, and him standing on a table wasn't even true. He said it at the top of a stairwell.

-crab legs - we all know he was getting hooked up. The only dumb part about this is that he let Harbaugh get the truth out of him, and potentially opened up FSU to investigation. It was impressive that he was able to shoulder the blame for this at the time. He was already in the spotlight, and by keeping his mouth shut it subjected him to the butt of a bunch if racial jokes. Teammates then, and in the future will respect a guy that can "keep it in the locker room"

-rape allegations - CSTU holllllddddddd mmmyyyy diiiccccckkkkk.

Edited by Quez

I said it months ago. The only really bad thing the guy has done since enrolling at FSU was the BB gun fight. Extremely dumb, & dangerous.

-saying "FHRITP" was a viral internet YouTube. That is a 20yo kid joking around, and him standing on a table wasn't even true. He said it at the top of a stairwell.

-crab legs - we all know he was getting hooked up. The only dumb part about this is that he let Harbaugh get the truth out of him, and potentially opened up FSU to investigation. It was impressive that he was able to shoulder the blame for this at the time. He was already in the spotlight, and by keeping his mouth shut it subjected him to the butt of a bunch if racial jokes. Teammates then, and in the future will respect a guy that can "keep it in the locker room"

-rape allegations - CSTU holllllddddddd mmmyyyy diiiccccckkkkk.

Nobody is investigating FSU because some kids got free subs at publix. I can promise you that.

As long as Winston keeps clean and the team he plays for wins, he will be popular with the fans. As demonstrated many time on this thread, folks are willing to dismiss a lot, so long as he throws touchdowns and their team wins.

I disagree.

I think that USE to be how it was, but anymore? Fans don't put up with it, special interest groups lobby it and teams/owners simply cannot afford a Ray Rice incident.

Can you imagine spending 1.1 on Winston and him being charged with another female assault in 3 months ? TBB would have to literally cut him ... that's an enormous loss.

With Mariota, you get no character issues and a very low risk of being an absolute bust like you get with Winston.

Is there THAT great a difference in talent/desire/strengths etc when you look at the whole ?

i don't think there is - and I think teams are changing to that philosophy more and more or at least I hope they are.

It's either:

- A NCAA violation for receiving a benefit that is not available to other students at the University - this assumes the person who gave him the crab legs and birthday cake was the store owner.

- Stealing since the person who gave him the crab legs and birthday cake was participating in the theft.

It's either:

- A NCAA violation for receiving a benefit that is not available to other students at the University - this assumes the person who gave him the crab legs and birthday cake was the store owner.

- Stealing since the person who gave him the crab legs and birthday cake was participating in the theft.

Ok. Either one isn't going to amount to anything.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 31m31 minutes ago

On crab legs RT @BruceFeldmanCFB: Jimbo said FSU compliance did look into it back then to make sure nothing was going on.

Stewart Mandel @slmandel 5m5 minutes ago

2 years in a nutshell. RT @McMurphyESPN: Jimbo on Jameis saying he got crab legs hook up at Publix: “If he says it is (true), I guess it is"

Edited by cstu

Capella with a gem of a post. Even you had to be laughing as you thought it up.

Now in the real world, this shows a high level of stupidity and inability to think. If some joker working at publix said he could 'hook me up' with stuff, I would immediately know it wasn't because he was buying it for me. This moron doesn't even think about it. He just thinks 'cool, free stuff' and goes with it. That's what a reactor does. He reacts to the situation without thinking. Winston is a reactor, not a thinker. He will do the same on the field which won't end well for him or the lowly bucs.

Edited by lod01