What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (3 Viewers)

Why target a guy that hadn't played a down?
He was the #1 QB recruit in the nation.
If she knew who he was why didn't she name him that night instead of waiting a month until she saw him in one of her classes?
My guess is she doesn't know what happened that night and there was another males DNA found on her during the rape kit examination... she probably was trying to choose her target. Winston seems like a pretty good target in hindsight doesn't he?

If she knew who he was why didn't she name him that night instead of waiting a month until she saw him in one of her classes?
My guess is she doesn't know what happened that night and there was another males DNA found on her during the rape kit examination... she probably was trying to choose her target. Winston seems like a pretty good target in hindsight doesn't he?
You really aren't paying attention. The other DNA belonged to her boyfriend in Ohio. And it was on her shorts, not her body.

Sounds like she doesn't do laundry often enough. It doesn't sound at all like she was trying to choose her target.

You really aren't paying attention. The other DNA belonged to her boyfriend in Ohio. And it was on her shorts, not her body.

Sounds like she doesn't do laundry often enough. It doesn't sound at all like she was trying to choose her target.
Jamal Roberts was sometimes said to be an acquaintance and also said to be a boyfriend.

She seems to have a type... he's also a black baseball player who wouldn't cooperate with the investigation. Interesting. I've also heard mention of a group of girls on FSU campus called cleatchasers, which she was a member of... their goal? To bag a baseball player.

ETA removed. That wasn't right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure she had a Rivals subscription.
I was at Jim and Milt's once eating breakfast. It's a Tallahassee hot spot. Anyway, Christian Ponder walked in and the place practically stopped. You could hear people whispering "that's Christian Ponder." After about thirty seconds everyone in the restaurant knew he was there.

If you don't think something similar happens when the #1 QB recruit in the nation and likely soon to be starter walks into the bar I'm not sure I can help you.
For a HS recruit? A recruit barely among the top 50 from the state of Texas for that year? :lmao:

Lies.

Completely made up story. Never happened.

Except for the biggest stars in the NFL (a handful of QB's and a very few other players), most football players (pros included) live private life in near anonymity -- the result of playing a game in body armor and a full helmet. Hall of Fame guys have Q-ratings lower than bit actors on daytime soaps and infomercial hacks.

Christian Ponder's extended family wouldn't have recognized him.

But Tampa guy has to be right about everything Winston. Not sure we can help you, either. :lmao:
I lived in Tallahassee for almost 7 years. If a backup linebacker walks into a restaurant a) at least half the people will know who he is and b) his entire meal will be comped.

I don't know. Nobody does.

I've gone from 100% Mariota to wondering why the Bucs were flirting with this guy to 50/50 Winston/Mariota to favoring Winston post Rose Bowl/Championship Game/Combine/Pro Days to defending Winston now. It's been a rough ride.

After playing this scenario out in my head I've come to the uneducated semi-conclusion that she went home with these guys to hook up with at least one of them. Jameis, mostly. The roommates were there watching through the door, filming, trying to join in, successfully joining in?, etc. Once the booze wore off the inhibitions returned and the shame set in. She freaks out. Exaggerates Winston's aggressiveness and downplays her level of consent.

I'm not one of these crazy people who downplays rape or thinks there's a "gray area." However, I do think there are some inconsistencies in her story and believe Winston's level of involvement is somewhere in between what she's saying and what he's saying.

I'll also willingly admit I'm probably 100% biased now because I expect Winston to be Tampa's pick and I want to root for him.

^^ good post.

There are inconsistencies in her story because there are inconsistencies. That's one of the main reasons the DA didn't take it, along with a botched investigation.

Plaintiff Cries Out for Help Over Social Media

36. Plaintiff stood overcome by trauma and sobbing in the street. She did not know who to call for help but she knew that if she sent a Tweet, multiple close friends would see it and someone would respond. She tweeted, “SOMEONE HELP ME.”

37. Plaintiff’s high school friend Bria Henry (“Bria”) called almost immediately, at 2:48 a.m. on December 7, 2012, while Plaintiff was still alone in the street. Plaintiff was crying uncontrollably and Bria had to repeatedly ask what happened to understand that Plaintiff had been raped. Bria told Plaintiff that she needed to call her parents right away and Plaintiff began walking the short distance to her dorm.

38. Immediately after speaking with Bria, Plaintiff’s friend Jenna Weisberg (“Jenna”) called her. Jenna told Plaintiff that she was coming right over to Plaintiff’s dorm. She kept talking with Plaintiff the entire way as she drove, giving reassurances block by block that she would soon be there. Upon arrival, Jenna found Plaintiff still crying uncontrollably. Jenna called the police at 3:22 a.m. and reported that her friend had just been raped by an unknown assailant. FSU Police responded six minutes later.

39. Before FSU Police Officer Dinorah Harris (“FSU Officer Harris”) arrived, Plaintiff got a phone call from her mother. Bria had contacted her former high school cheerleading coach who had called Plaintiff’s parents. Plaintiff, still crying, told her mother and father what had happened that night. They told her they were leaving immediately and would be there in four hours or less.

40. Meanwhile, FSU Officer Harris arrived and interviewed Plaintiff, who began to provide detailed information about the incident.

At the time, however, Plaintiff did not know the identity of her assailant.
The entire attack on Kinsman has been that she was a money-grubbing whore yet she didn't even know who he was until a month later - when she finally was able to identify him and the DNA sample taken the night of the alleged rape matched him.

Jameis wouldn't even admit to having sex with Kinsman until after the DNA test came back.
Do you really think that any student at FSU didn't know who Jameis Winston was? I knew who all the players were on the Seton Hall basketball team and they were relative nobodies (and all the girls did as well).
Winston red shirted the 2012 season. I highly doubt she knew who the hell he was.
Everyone in that bar knew who he was. I guarantee it. Why else would she willingly get into a taxi with three black guys?
I find it amusing that you are trying to defend Jameis Winston while simultaneously insulting him.
Dude. Where did I insult him? The PC police are out of control. My point was she wasn't headed to their apartment to play a raucous game of Scrabble.

Jamal Roberts was sometimes said to be an acquaintance and also said to be a boyfriend.

She seems to have a type... he's also a black baseball player who wouldn't cooperate with the investigation. Interesting. I've also heard mention of a group of girls on FSU campus called cleatchasers, which she was a member of... their goal? To bag a baseball player.

ETA: There was also mention of "foreign DNA" on her face and underwear. Roberts DNA didn't match the face or underwear, just the shorts. This foreign DNA wasn't Winston's either.
Jamal Roberts went to Kent State in Ohio and went to high school with Erica Kinsman. His semen was on her shorts and she apparently didn't wash them after being with him.

Your claim that she knew Winston but didn't name him because was undecided on who to name as her rapist is a pathetic answer.

Please link me the evidence of the "foreign DNA" that didn't match Roberts or Winston.

You appear to be implying that if a girl likes black athletes then it's ok for a black athlete to rape her.

I've gone from 100% Mariota to wondering why the Bucs were flirting with this guy to 50/50 Winston/Mariota to favoring Winston post Rose Bowl/Championship Game/Combine/Pro Days to defending Winston now. It's been a rough ride.

After playing this scenario out in my head I've come to the uneducated semi-conclusion that she went home with these guys to hook up with at least one of them. Jameis, mostly. The roommates were there watching through the door, filming, trying to join in, successfully joining in?, etc. Once the booze wore off the inhibitions returned and the shame set in. She freaks out. Exaggerates Winston's aggressiveness and downplays her level of consent.

I'm not one of these crazy people who downplays rape or thinks there's a "gray area." However, I do think there are some inconsistencies in her story and believe Winston's level of involvement is somewhere in between what she's saying and what he's saying.

I'll also willingly admit I'm probably 100% biased now because I expect Winston to be Tampa's pick and I want to root for him.
If that's the case then why did Casher not only delete the video (that could prove Winston's innocence) but destroy his phone before he could give it to the police?

What's more embarrassing to a girl - regretful sex where someone was watching or making your entire private life public and exposing yourself to the hatred of the people you go to school with?

Dude. Where did I insult him? The PC police are out of control. My point was she wasn't headed to their apartment to play a raucous game of Scrabble.
You implied there's no reason for a girl to get into a taxi with 3 black guys unless they were football players. You don't see how that could be taken as racist?

^^ good post.

There are inconsistencies in her story because there are inconsistencies. That's one of the main reasons the DA didn't take it, along with a botched investigation.
Give me all of these 'inconsistencies in her story' and I will debunk them all.

ETA: There was also mention of "foreign DNA" on her face and underwear. Roberts DNA didn't match the face or underwear, just the shorts. This foreign DNA wasn't Winston's either.
Jamal Roberts went to Kent State in Ohio and went to high school with Erica Kinsman. His semen was on her shorts and she apparently didn't wash them after being with him.

Your claim that she knew Winston but didn't name him because was undecided on who to name as her rapist is a pathetic answer.

Please link me the evidence of the "foreign DNA" that didn't match Roberts or Winston.

You appear to be implying that if a girl likes black athletes then it's ok for a black athlete to rape her.
The foreign DNA part was incorrect, I've removed that from my original post - thanks.

I'm not implying it's OK to rape anyone, I think you know that but are just being purposefully dense.

Why is it pathetic? She was trying to decide if she would pursue him and live happily ever after or accuse him of rape and try to ruin his life. That's a hard decision. I understand her wanting to take her time with it.

If that's the case then why did Casher not only delete the video (that could prove Winston's innocence) but destroy his phone before he could give it to the police?

What's more embarrassing to a girl - regretful sex where someone was watching or making your entire private life public and exposing yourself to the hatred of the people you go to school with?
Because the act may have been embarrassing to them as well? Not to be racist or stereotypical again, but a lot of these kids have grown up to be pretty mistrusting of law enforcement.

I doubt she understood the gravity of accusing him initially.

You implied there's no reason for a girl to get into a taxi with 3 black guys unless they were football players. You don't see how that could be taken as racist?
I implied there's no reason for a girl to leave a bar alone with three guys unless she has some bad intentions.

I implied there's no reason for a girl to leave a bar alone with three guys unless she has some bad intentions.
So a girl getting into a car with 3 guys automatically entitles them to have sex with her?

Because the act may have been embarrassing to them as well? Not to be racist or stereotypical again, but a lot of these kids have grown up to be pretty mistrusting of law enforcement.

I doubt she understood the gravity of accusing him initially.
So better to destroy evidence?

You really want to claim that she didn't understand the gravity of being interviewed by the police and having to go to the hospital to have a humiliating rape exam done on her in the middle of the night?

Even granting the benefit of the doubt to your 'not understanding the gravity' claim, she named Winston a month later when the whole thing would have went away if she didn't.

The foreign DNA part was incorrect, I've removed that from my original post - thanks.

I'm not implying it's OK to rape anyone, I think you know that but are just being purposefully dense.

Why is it pathetic? She was trying to decide if she would pursue him and live happily ever after or accuse him of rape and try to ruin his life. That's a hard decision. I understand her wanting to take her time with it.
You're trolling me, right? No one is this stupid.

You mean I'm smart right? :spin:

I'm sure she had a Rivals subscription.
I was at Jim and Milt's once eating breakfast. It's a Tallahassee hot spot. Anyway, Christian Ponder walked in and the place practically stopped. You could hear people whispering "that's Christian Ponder." After about thirty seconds everyone in the restaurant knew he was there.

If you don't think something similar happens when the #1 QB recruit in the nation and likely soon to be starter walks into the bar I'm not sure I can help you.
For a HS recruit? A recruit barely among the top 50 from the state of Texas for that year?

:lmao:

Lies.

Completely made up story. Never happened.

Except for the biggest stars in the NFL (a handful of QB's and a very few other players), most football players (pros included) live private life in near anonymity -- the result of playing a game in body armor and a full helmet. Hall of Fame guys have Q-ratings lower than bit actors on daytime soaps and infomercial hacks.

Christian Ponder's extended family wouldn't have recognized him.

But Tampa guy has to be right about everything Winston. Not sure we can help you, either. :lmao:
Wow...are you from Oregon too?

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1slsq3u

GM says NFL investigators verified Jameis Winston crab leg storyOne NFL general manager was asked his thoughts on the contention by Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher that Jameis Winston’s crab leg escapade was an isolated incident. His response was anger. Almost rage. Not at Winston but at Fisher. Let me explain.

Winston told Jim Harbaugh on ESPN's draft show that he didn’t steal the crab legs, but that they were part of an arrangement with a store employee that would provide Winston with free food from the store.

“Well, a week before it was my buddy’s birthday and we had got a cake and we met a dude that worked inside Publix and he said, ‘Hey, anytime you come in here, I got you.’” Winston said. “So that day we just walked out and he hooked us up with that.

“And when I went in to get crab legs, did the same thing and he just gave them to me and I walked out. Someone from inside the store had told the security that I didn’t pay for them, and that’s how the whole thing started.”

Bruce Feldman of Fox reported that Fisher says the school’s compliance department investigated the matter and found that what happened was an isolated incident.

I asked an NFL general manager about it and he offered this scathing rebuke of Fisher.

“Our investigators found several Publix employees who corroborated what Winston said. Winston told this story to our team and I believe others. We were able to determine that he was telling the truth. I won’t get into more detail than that.

“Should Winston have taken free food? No, of course not. But college football stars, at every campus in America, get free stuff. They all do. Every single one.

“We feel like Winston was wrong but he’s part of an overall college system where this happens daily. My personal opinion is that on this issue, and this issue alone, he was hung out to dry.”

Meaning, it was easier to portray Winston as a thief, than to face scrutiny from the NCAA.

Two things are clear here. First, as the general manager said, almost every athlete, in every big-time program, gets perks. That's just common sense. It is far more likely that Winston is telling the truth, and far less likely that he was alone doing it, and only did it that once.

Second, NFL investigators can find out anything.

Anything.

A spokesperson from the supermarket chain told USA Today that the company’s investigation last year concluded that an employee did not give merchandise to Winston.

The bucs deserve this lying piece of dog ####.
A spokesperson from the supermarket chain told USA Today that the company’s investigation last year concluded that an employee did not give merchandise to Winston.

all employees were interviewed and none were found to give away merchandise
No one would admit to it knowing they would lose their job. Regardless of whether his thefts were conspired with an employee or done independently he has still admitted to multiple thefts.

all employees were interviewed and none were found to give away merchandise
Exactly. He was trying to steal them. All he could come up with was a feeble lie about a phantom employee that 'hooked him up' Go bucs, I will laugh all season.

What exactly are you thinking she took her time with?

She was calling out to friends for help within minutes of getting off of Winston's moped.

She was in contact with a detective within about an hour.

She was at the hospital for a rape screen within about two hours.

And in January, upon recognizing Winston in class, she phoned the TPD detective to ID her attacker after class let out.

Look I get that there's a huge element of he-said, she-said going on here. But certain facts are beyond dispute. The DNA stuff is one example. The timing of events is another. These elements are fully documented and easily verified. You should get a better handle on these details before you fire off any more nonsensical theories that fly directly in the face of these known facts.

You mean I'm smart right? :spin:
The amount of intellectual dishonesty in this thread is incredible.

- I ask why she didn't name Winston that night...answer: she was waiting to name a guy she went to high school with who moved to Ohio.

- I ask why a girl would come home in tears, beg for help from friends at 2 am, spend the night talking to police and submit to a humiliating rape test at the hospital...answers: she was embarrassed about having sex with a black guy or regretted her decision to have sex

- I ask why if she only reported the rape because of a regretful decision or didn't understand the gravity of the accusation did she report Winston went she saw him in class a month later...no answer

- I ask why Winston waited until the DNA test came back to admit he had sex with her...no answer

- I ask why Casher destroyed his phone...answer: he's afraid of police

- I ask why Casher and Darby's stories from that night don't match up...no answer

- I ask why her blood wasn't tested for the two most common rape drugs (Rohypnol and GHB)...no answer

At Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, a sexual assault examination was performed on XX by Nurse

Walker who completed a report and collected a Sexual Assault Examination Kit. Nurse Walker

noted during the Sexual Assault Examination that the incident occurred around 1 :30 a.m.

NurseWalker's notes section reads as follows: vague recollection of events from last night. Reports

vodka 5 cups & shot of something@ bar- unknown P ERP states held down by arms and legs.

Now generalized muscle aches & ######l tenderness. Now HA and nausea.

The SAE report indicates XX advised Nurse Walker: the suspect did ejaculate in her ###### and possibly wore a

condom; no oral sex was performed; no anal assault occurred; and the suspect did kiss or lick XX

on her face. Nurse Walker noted mild redness on both XX's knees below the kneecap, a bruise

above the left knee, a bruise on the right forearm, and redness on XX's right foot.

Nurse Walker also collected cotton swabs per standard procedure in a sexual assault examination. Swabs were

collected from XX's face, interior cheek, ######, cervix, and ######. Since no anal penetration was

reported, only swabs of the exterior of the ###### were collected.
The bolded contradicts what Casher and Darby claimed.

Both Casher and Darby said they saw her perform oral sex on Winston.

Their reports contradict each other since one said she was sitting on the bed when she did it and the other said she was on her knees.

cstu said:
Capella said:
Sabertooth said:
It's a really major difference. I mean.....there are 10 year olds who know that difference.
If you really are a lawyer Capella you are either:

- incompetent at your job

- Saul Goodman
Weren't you just complaining about personal attacks?
How else would I interpret Capella's responses in this thread?

At least a majority of my posts in this thread have an attempt to get at the truth...Capella seems mostly concerned with covering it up.

cstu said:
Capella said:
Sabertooth said:
It's a really major difference. I mean.....there are 10 year olds who know that difference.
If you really are a lawyer Capella you are either:

- incompetent at your job

- Saul Goodman
So you think he was charged too. That actually makes a lot of sense. And :lmao: :lmao: at me "covering it up". You really think you are doing important work here don't you?

@nfldraftscout: If you're being objective, easy to see Jameis is the best passer in this class.

Soooooo...this doesn't apply to a few people here.
I've never said he wasn't the best pure passer...just like Ryan Leaf was the best pure passer in the '98 draft.
Do you keep linking Winston to Leaf because of this perceived inability to deal with adversity also?
Look, I won't mention Winston again until after the draft. Nothing will change your mind so I'll let it play out.
ORLY

This is from investigator Jason Newlin's report:

On 11/11/13 I met with Chief Assistant State Attorney Cappleman and State Attorney Meggs to
discuss the ongoing investigation. I was directed to follow up on all possible DNA leads,
investigate possible information from phone records, check with local cab companies, go to the
locations indicated in the report, interview the victim, and interview all possible witnesses.
Despite being told to look for leads, he never contacted any black FSU players named Chris:

XX said she could possibly identify the black male she was talking to when she and Monique went to the bathroom at Pot
Belly's; however, she was unsure if this male was involved. She said "his name was Chris and he was a starter on the football team."
Investigator Angulo claimed that he contacted the cab companies (Yellow Cab and City Cab) yet only thoroughly examined records from Yellow Cab because for some unknown reason he claimed Yellow Cab was the only one that offered FSU discounts. In the report he never states in what manner he made contact with City Cab.

Inv. Angulo attempted to locate the cab driver through Yellow Cab. Angulo had a mass email sent out to the drivers that evening and did not receive a response.

He also attempted to research GPS systems in the car and the results were negative.

I made contact with both Yellow Cab and City Cab in an effort to locate the cab driver in question with negative results. It is believed the cab was a Yellow Cab, .as they offer discounts to FSU students.
Angulo, a FSU graduate and fundraiser, was the guy who Kinsman claims said this when she reported Winston's name after seeing him in one of her classes:

Later, when Kinsman contacted Angulo to report Winston’s name, which she said she only learned when she overheard it being called as part of an event on campus, she was further warned by Angulo. She says he said, “This is a huge football town. You really should think long and hard if you want to press charges.”

Look, I won't mention Winston again until after the draft. Nothing will change your mind so I'll let it play out.
ORLY
I'm not doing it for them, they won't change their mind.

It's for everyone else who don't think there's nothing to the case because FSU fans and the media are sweeping it under the rug.

Users who are viewing this thread