What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (4 Viewers)

In 25 years Winston could be giving his HoF speech in Canton and CSTU will still be skowering the Internet and posting garbage here to try and convince everyone he was a terrible pick.

:lmao:
Or in 25 years Winston could be doing time in prison as a serial rapist and Jurb26, Capella, and Grahamburn will be saying "we don't know how this happened, there just weren't any signs that he was that type of person"

In 25 years Winston could be giving his HoF speech in Canton and CSTU will still be skowering the Internet and posting garbage here to try and convince everyone he was a terrible pick.

In about 6 months the bucs will wonder why he sucks. In a year or so they will be wondering who dropped the ball on trading out of the #1 pick. In 2 years a new regime will have drafted a new QB while watching a couple QBs from the previous draft become All-Pro.

In about 6 months the bucs will wonder why he sucks. In a year or so they will be wondering who dropped the ball on trading out of the #1 pick. In 2 years a new regime will have drafted a new QB while watching a couple QBs from the previous draft become All-Pro.
Should be a fun ride either way.

In 25 years Winston could be giving his HoF speech in Canton and CSTU will still be skowering the Internet and posting garbage here to try and convince everyone he was a terrible pick. :lmao:
Or in 25 years Winston could be doing time in prison as a serial rapist and Jurb26, Capella, and Grahamburn will be saying "we don't know how this happened, there just weren't any signs that he was that type of person"
I have multiple time said Winston has character concerns and the team investigating him must do their diligence before drafting.

This is the biggest load of :bs: I've ever read. It doesn't even match up to Casher and Darby's (conflicting) stories.

Mr. Casher left the room and Ms. Kinsman rose from the bed, followed him and struggled to close the door completely, and turned off the lights in Mr. Winston’s room.

Mr.Winston told Ms. Kinsman that the door was broken and did not close completely lock. Ms. Kinsman returned to Mr.Winston and the two continued to engage in consensual sexual intercourse.

Thereafter, Mr. Casher or Mr. Darby pushed the door open again as a prank, which prompted Ms. Kinsman to ask Mr. Winston if there was somewhere more private they could go to continue to have consensual sex.

Mr. Winston suggested they continue having sex in his bathroom because the bathroom door locked. Mr. Winston and Ms. Kinsman went to the bathroom where they continued and eventually concluded having sex.

Ms. Kinsman also did not protest or say “no” to Mr. Winston while they had sex in the bathroom.

I have to admit, I questioned him. But he was taken #1 overall. So that's proof enough for me. Not that they are perfect but previous QB #1 overalls are:

Andrew Luck (Stud)

Cam Newton (Stud)

Sam Bradford (Incomplete - inj)

Matt Stafford (Once threw 40 touchdowns)

Jamarcus Russell (Bust)

Alex Smith (Better NFL than Fantasy but still playing)

Eli Manning (Stud at times, 2 Super Bowls)

Carson Palmer (Stud and then inj)

David Carr (Poor poor David Carr - PTSD bust)

Tim Couch (Looked like a bust before inj)

Peyton Manning (The man, the myth)

That's a pretty good lineup there. Considering it goes back 17 years and only 3 are out of the NFL. Also it does not lack for star power with Luck, Peyton, Cam, and Eli all being in the QB1s last year, at 1, 3, 7, and 11 respectively in PPG. Palmer and Stafford were also in the Top 20 in PPG. I like to play the percentages and this looks like as good a bet as any.

I hold the 6 spot in a superflex, and he's probably going to be there. I know it's going Cooper, Gurley, Gordon, ???, Mariota. If he's there, I have to pull the trigger.

Winston alleges that Kinsman made “vicious lies” to frame Winston for rape and that these lies constitute defamation.
So why did she wait a month to name you, Jameis?

Sabertooth said:
I have to admit, I questioned him. But he was taken #1 overall. So that's proof enough for me. Not that they are perfect but previous QB #1 overalls are:

Andrew Luck (Stud)

Cam Newton (Stud)

Jamarcus Russell (Bust)

That's a pretty good lineup there. Considering it goes back 17 years and only 3 are out of the NFL. Also it does not lack for star power with Luck, Peyton, Cam, and Eli all being in the QB1s last year, at 1, 3, 7, and 11 respectively in PPG. Palmer and Stafford were also in the Top 20 in PPG. I like to play the percentages and this looks like as good a bet as any.

I hold the 6 spot in a superflex, and he's probably going to be there. I know it's going Cooper, Gurley, Gordon, ???, Mariota. If he's there, I have to pull the trigger.
The Bucs are basically going to try to re-create Atlanta's offense (hopefully with a better offensive line than theirs was) from a few years ago with Dirk Koetter running the show. Mike Evans is Julio Jones. Vincent Jackson is Roddy White. Austin Sefarian Jenkins is Tony Gonzalez. Kenny Bell is Harry Douglas. Jameis Winston is Matt Ryan. In theory.

If you liked Matt Ryan's numbers during those seasons I think you'll see something similar from Jameis. It's possible he could even improve on those numbers as the Bucs will have better receiving options out of the backfield for check downs and screen plays than Ryan did with Michael Turner, and Jameis will likely have more goal line passing attempts for the same reason.

cstu said:
Yikes. That is interesting, if true.
That's one of the very good things about a defamation claim. The accuser voluntary puts ALL those character issues into play. That is why I like to see these lawyered-up know-it-alls file defamation claims, because they have just invited a Canalo Alvarez-like counterpunch (and if you haven't seen the punch, good Lord go Youtube it).

voiceofunreason said:
Hey VY, Cutler, George, Leaf, Jamarcus, make some room. There's a new idiot in town. This guy has bust written all over him.
Your handle does not lend credence to this type of statement.

Whether right or wrong.

Sabertooth said:

Andrew Luck (Stud)

Cam Newton (Stud)

Jamarcus Russell (Bust)

The Bucs are basically going to try to re-create Atlanta's offense (hopefully with a better offensive line than theirs was) from a few years ago with Dirk Koetter running the show. Mike Evans is Julio Jones. Vincent Jackson is Roddy White. Austin Sefarian Jenkins is Tony Gonzalez. Kenny Bell is Harry Douglas. Jameis Winston is Matt Ryan. In theory.

If you liked Matt Ryan's numbers during those seasons I think you'll see something similar from Jameis. It's possible he could even improve on those numbers as the Bucs will have better receiving options out of the backfield for check downs and screen plays than Ryan did with Michael Turner, and Jameis will likely have more goal line passing attempts for the same reason.
There's no apples to apples comparisons obviously, but I'd be fine with that. Matt Ryan is a pretty good comp for Winston, no?

cstu said:
Yikes. That is interesting, if true.
That's one of the very good things about a defamation claim. The accuser voluntary puts ALL those character issues into play. That is why I like to see these lawyered-up know-it-alls file defamation claims, because they have just invited a Canalo Alvarez-like counterpunch (and if you haven't seen the punch, good Lord go Youtube it).
Him yelling a meme and stealing 30 bucks worth of food isn't going to go far to prove he has terrible character in a federal court. Actually I doubt Kinsman's lawyers will even bring up the meme, the judge would probably laugh at them in court.

Sabertooth said:

Andrew Luck (Stud)

Cam Newton (Stud)

Jamarcus Russell (Bust)

There's no apples to apples comparisons obviously, but I'd be fine with that. Matt Ryan is a pretty good comp for Winston, no?
I see that as the Bucs' plan. The Falcons made the NFC Championship game with Koetter's offense and with McCoy, David, and Lovie's schemes hopefully they'll play more defense than Atlanta did.

Tony Dungy preferred Marcus Mariota, but trusts Bucs research

Posted by Darin Gantt on May 7, 2015, 6:28 AM EDT

Make no mistake, Tony Dungy was lobbying for Marcus Mariota.

But he said he’s confident that the Buccaneers will be fine with Jameis Winston, because he trusts Lovie Smith and the background work they did.

Dungy told Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times he “feels good” about the choice now.

He was leaning the other way, because his son Eric played at Oregon with Mariota and he knew him well, but thinks Winston’s a better fit for their offense.

Such that that was the biggest concern.

“I talked to Lovie a couple of months ago and I knew they were going to research those two guys,” Dungy said. “I told them about Marcus and the experience I had with him, and they looked at everything and were very thorough and got the guy they felt was the best for their offense and their attack.

“I feel good about it because I know how much they researched. I was selfishly hoping it would be Marcus, but I think Jameis is going to do well, and I’ve talked to Marcus. I know he’s excited about going to Tennessee.”

Like the rest of the world, Dungy has questions about how Winston has handled himself off the field.

“I’ve talked to people I know at Florida State and trust really well and they had nothing but great things to say about the young man, so I think there’s probably two sides to everything,” Dungy said. “Obviously, I would’ve been concerned and you research it just like the Bucs did and you make a decision. . . .

“The thing Jameis has to realize is he’s not coming in a neutral situation with a clean slate. He’s going to have to earn people’s trust and earn them over … but it’s going to take some time. They’re going to watch him through a magnifying glass, so he has to understand that and we’ll see.”

So while Dungy has nothing but respect for Smith, that’s an endorsement with reservations.

Winston alleges that Kinsman made vicious lies to frame Winston for rape and that these lies constitute defamation.
You tell us.
She's telling the truth.
Prove it.
I'll let her lawyers do that in court.

However, you still have no answer to why she didn't name him that night.
Because it was a one night stand, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
Winston alleges that Kinsman made vicious lies to frame Winston for rape and that these lies constitute defamation.
You tell us.
She's telling the truth.
Prove it.

What on earth on you talking about?

She reported the rape to the police as soon as she got home, had a rape exam, etc. but said she didn't know the rapist's name.

She didn't report his name until a month later when he was in one of her classes. His DNA matched from the night of rape.

You tell us.
She's telling the truth.
Prove it.

She reported the rape to the police as soon as she got home, had a rape exam, etc. but said she didn't know the rapist's name.

She didn't report his name until a month later when he was in one of her classes. His DNA matched from the night of rape.
Playing devil's advocate here. It wouldn't be the first time an athlete got accused falsely of rape.

Yet trying to get you to understand this is like :wall:

Playing devil's advocate here. It wouldn't be the first time an athlete got accused falsely of rape.

Yet trying to get you to understand this is like :wall:
And trying to get anyone to give a legitimate reason why she wouldn't give his name that night if she knew is :wall:

It just doesn't make any sense if her goal was to falsely report a rape.

Cstu > the Bucs drafted him #1. Your crusade didn't work buddy. Let it go, get some fresh air.
Past & future timeline of CSTU trolling4/30/2014 - the crusade begins

4/30/2015 - Jameis is drafted #1

2016 - crusade continues against Jameis winning ROY

2017 - Jameis shouldn't make the pro bowl

2019 - Jameis shouldn't win MVP

2020 - Jameis shouldn't win SB MVP

2025 - Jameis shouldn't get his own reality show

2030 - Jameis shouldn't be on the NFL Network, Kurt Warner was better! Every analyst is black now!

2035 - Jameis isn't a 1st ballot

2036 - Jameis doesn't belong in the Bucs ring of honor
Lol ?

You tell us.
She's telling the truth.
Prove it.

I don't need one. You're the one making the accusations. You're the one who needs to provide the proof.

Her waiting could mean anything and could also mean nothing. You keep saying she waited and keep asking everyone else to tell you why... I think it means diddly squat.

I'm assuming it is Erika's lawyer in the video but not sure. She was just saying that it can't be proven in court that Winston is guilty of rape, but she still thinks he is guilty. She might be related to CSTU.
It's Georgia Cappleman, the chief assistant state attorney, who investigated Winston.

Transcript:

“If a victim comes in and reports a violent crime, I don’t think it’s appropriate to then say, ‘Well, what do you want to do about it? Are you sure you want go ahead with it?’

I think the appropriate thing to do assume by her being there making the report, that she does want an investigation and to proceed with it accordingly.

I have personal concerns about what happened in that room that night but that's completely separate from whether or not I can prove a crime occurred that night.

I believe that Mr. Winston cannot be convicted. I don't necessarily believe that he's innocent."

So basically what all of us have known all along. Excellent. Time to move on.
:thumbup:
You guys have known all along that he did it?

Then why have you been spending so much time and effort to try and convince folks he didn't do it?
Known that it cannot be proven what actually happened... As I've said multiple times.

ETA: You guys have been so caught up on throwing guilt around that anything that anyone who doesn't outright say "He's GUILTY" is saying he's not guilty... that's not the case at all.

Users who are viewing this thread