What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (10 Viewers)

You can say and believe whatever you like. 177 big yards and a gift wrapped win. You probably discounted the 4 ATL TO's at least 2 in scoring position.
Lots of big throws with a bunch of arena league WRs out there. Had a couple of big runs too. Love that you continue to throw more onto your #### mountain.

You can say and believe whatever you like. 177 big yards and a gift wrapped win. You probably discounted the 4 ATL TO's at least 2 in scoring position.
Well we know what you said and believe...which is already hysterically wrong.

Evans drew like four PI's that would have added a large number of passing yards, but who cares. Winston did what he had to do and won. Made good decisions, made the throws he had to, exploited the mismatches down field.

TD throw to Brate was beautiful. It's amazing how far he's come in just a few weeks. Clutch throws on 3rd downs. Good decisions with the ball.

I can't wait to see this Jameis with his full arsenal of weapons.

Wanted to mention the audible he made on a 3rd down as well. Changed the play to a run action and threw a strike to another no name tight end.

He's really playing exceptionally well.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but that was another really good game.
I would have to agree with that.Man wouldn't it be nice if the Bucs could be relevant again.Its only happened 9 times in 38 years.If Winston can help them do that then I'm a fan.

1650 yards, 10 touchdowns passing, 2 running, 7 INTs in 7 games and 59% completion percentage. Passer rating of 86.

Amazing so far. Not sure if anybody could have hoped for anything better.

Winston gives Bucs fans reasons to be excited in win

Excerpt:

1. This game was the Full Jameis Winston Experience as a rookie. There was a lot to like, including some big third down throws in overtime. He showed composure and pocket presence throughout the game. There was also a lot to shake your head at. He was not consistently accurate. On the go-ahead drive in overtime, he short-armed a potential game-winning score and threw one pass right at the Falcons (they dropped it). Overall, Winston again gave Bucs fans plenty of reasons to be excited about the future. Now 3-4, they are exciting to watch again.

Capella said:
Oline has been fantastic the past month. Zero complaints there.
Not taking anything away from them, but since ASJ's injury they've basically been keeping 6 linemen in on just about every play.

He didn't choke, which I don't know if you can say that about the other QB in this game.
No doubt Ryan lost that game, along with a center that can't snap a ball. Ryan threw a horrible pass to the TE with 3 guys around him while 15 feet to the right was Hardy with no one around him. And why the hell are they trying a read option handoff? That's just stupid and caused another turnover. That's on Shanahan for being stupid.

Looks good, and with no VJax and ASJ.

I was a big fan of that running play he probably screwed up, by trying to block for Martin and getting in the way. That's the kind of stuff teammates will love him for.

Looks good, and with no VJax and ASJ.

I was a big fan of that running play he probably screwed up, by trying to block for Martin and getting in the way. That's the kind of stuff teammates will love him for.
Yeah, don't do that again Winston. Love the effort, but; 1. You can't block. It looks awkward as hell.

2. Martin doesn't need your help.

Not FF related at all, but when he tossed it to Martin, led block, and flattened that DE, I about spilled my drink. Rewinded it 3X, called my wife over. That was epic. Extremely dumb, but epic. Turned me into a fan!

Say all you want about the block but I thought it was great. He shows desire and that can go a long way.

However in crunch time he made some errant throws and at least one should have been picked off. Not good. And he definitely threw what would have been the game winning TD into the ground. From less than 10 yards away. That was a choke. When the pressure is on you'd like to see more polish than that. But it may come.

If tampa doesn't win the game it wouldn't be so rosy in here and people would be pointing to the flaws instead. Big win nonetheless.

Say all you want about the block but I thought it was great. He shows desire and that can go a long way.

However in crunch time he made some errant throws and at least one should have been picked off. Not good. And he definitely threw what would have been the game winning TD into the ground. From less than 10 yards away. That was a choke. When the pressure is on you'd like to see more polish than that. But it may come.

If tampa doesn't win the game it wouldn't be so rosy in here and people would be pointing to the flaws instead. Big win nonetheless.
Another if: if Jackson and seferian Jenkins aren't hurt, Tampa puts this game away early in the 4th quarter.

Sigmund and Cecil are already projecting him to be on the Andrew Luck level of talent. The window to buy low in dynasty is evaporating.

Alluro said:
Sigmund and Cecil are already projecting him to be on the Andrew Luck level of talent. The window to buy low in dynasty is evaporating.
The KoD. Great. I was looking forward to a decade and a half of production out of him.

kOOk said:

He short-armed the last throw but he was also playing with 3 wideouts he has basically never played with before. All undrafted rookies. Deserves a lot of credit for that.

kOOk said:

I'll make sure to point out the 3 third down conversion throws he had on that game winning drive though.

Alluro said:
Link?
It was during their week 8 review podcast while discussing the tampa game. Good stuff.
Thanks. I'll download that.
To be fair, Cecil actually said he's already on Luck's level or higher, long term. I guess that settles it. That guy is never wrong.

kOOk said:

I'll make sure to point out the 3 third down conversion throws he had on that game winning drive though.
You sound like a little league baseball dad. Did you not see what I mentioned?

Imagine an alternate world, if you will, where Jameis was bad enough to get his coach canned after 7 games.

Imagine this thread.

Bucs players knew Winston had taken control of the leadership of the team when he gathered them in a huddle following warmups Sunday and made an emotional plea to win the game and play for rookie linebacker Kwon Alexander, who was playing despite learning two days earlier his teenage brother had been murdered during an argument near the familys home in Alabama.

When our brother is down, another one of our brothers step up and rise! Winston said. Kwon Alexander come here.

Alexander removed his helmet and stepped forward. Weve got a brother in pain,'' Winston said. "Pain guys! Weve got a brother who is in pain. Are we our brothers keeper? Are we our brothers keeper? Depend on the man next to you! Lets go out there and fight! Lets go out there and win the battle! Lets do it guys! Family on three.

Winston then sprinted off the field and was the first to the locker room, greeting each player with a hug at the door.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/players-coaches-say-winston-is-now-the-leader-of-the-bucs/2252654

Rare leader.

Yeah starting Ol' Crabby for the first time in any league (Palmer bye).

Meanwhile I will be watching Mariota at the Saints game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread