What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (7 Viewers)

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
He's carving up these hacks. You gotta be playing with your Winston doll like he's your #### lover right about now.
Why yes, you were hilariously and comically wrong on this guy. Might have to give back that scouting degree you have.
Like he was hilariously wrong about Russell Wilson. And hilariously wrong about Cam Newton.

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
He's carving up these hacks. You gotta be playing with your Winston doll like he's your #### lover right about now.
Why yes, you were hilariously and comically wrong on this guy. Might have to give back that scouting degree you have.
Like he was hilariously wrong about Russell Wilson. And hilariously wrong about Cam Newton.
There seems to be a common denominator there. Can't quite put my finger on it...

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
There seems to be a common denominator there. Can't quite put my finger on it...
Wait didn't you run some bad racist shtick like 2 years ago?

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
I know what it is. They all play or played NFL QB like Tebow, Vince Young, David Carr, K-stink and Gabbert among others.

You are welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
Wait didn't you run some bad racist shtick like 2 years ago?
I believe you're confusing me with Waldman.

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
I know what it is. They all play or played NFL QB like Tebow, Vince Young, David Carr, K-stink and Gabbert among others.

You are welcome.
Yeah, Winston's exactly like those guys. :)

Thank you.

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?

You are welcome.

Thank you.
Not yet. Give it time. Tebow and Vinc were talked up at one time. So was K-stink. All came crashing down.

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
but was he right about RGIII?

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?
I know what it is. They all play or played NFL QB like Tebow, Vince Young, David Carr, K-stink and Gabbert among others.You are welcome.

Thank you.
Not yet. Give it time. Tebow and Vinc were talked up at one time. So was K-stink. All came crashing down.
I mean, I know it doesn't have to be said, but none of those guys were ever half as good as Jameis is now.

lod01 said:
Capella said:

Can we pin this thread?

You are welcome.

Thank you.
But Tebow and VY never threw as well in the NFL as Winston already was by his Freshman year in college (maybe high school? :) ). Other than that, they are exactly alike.

Today was by far his most impressive game. Some of the throws he was making were just incredible. Super exciting. Can't believe the Bucs have a qb this good.

Unless he get injured, he's in my lineup. Dealing with a Luck injury but to be honest I was starting him over Luck a times anyway.

He's still available in leagues which is surprising given that New Orleans matchup at home in W14. Not to mention Chicago at home in W16.

He's still available in leagues which is surprising given that New Orleans matchup at home in W14. Not to mention Chicago at home in W16.
Chicago has been shutting every qb down for the most part. I wouldn't do it.Since the bye week, the #Bears defense is allowing 14.6 points per game (over five games).

So is he a top 10 QB next year? Where does he end up?
As long as Lovie is in Tampa he'll be held back from putting up eye popping fantasy stats.
The best way for Winston to be successful is as a game manager like Russell Wilson. The trouble from him comes when you make him throw a lot. He's 1-4 with 5 TD's and 9 INT's when he has thrown 30+ passes. H

He's 3-1 with 5 TD's and 0 INT's when he's thrown less than 30.
Make that 4-1 with 10 TD's and 0 INT's with under 30 passes.

kOOk said:
I placed a small bid on him this week and added him as my 3rd QB (Bortles, Cutler). It was mostly for Week 14.

I considered going with him against the Colts this week, but they haven't really given up any huge fantasy totals to QBs this year.

So is he a top 10 QB next year? Where does he end up?
As long as Lovie is in Tampa he'll be held back from putting up eye popping fantasy stats.
The best way for Winston to be successful is as a game manager like Russell Wilson. The trouble from him comes when you make him throw a lot. He's 1-4 with 5 TD's and 9 INT's when he has thrown 30+ passes. H

He's 3-1 with 5 TD's and 0 INT's when he's thrown less than 30.
Make that 4-1 with 10 TD's and 0 INT's with under 30 passes.
If only he threw one more pass. That would have surely lost them the game.

Hopefully the game manager can stay out of the way also that the defense can pull out another W today.

I don't understand the criticism. Being a game manager is good if your team continues to win and has nothing to do with fantasy football. You can be a great "game manager" and win in real footbal without putting up gaudy FF points. For you younger guys, Troy Aikman, was like that. Great real QB, bad ff QB. Don't criticize the guy if he wins football games. And besides, I'll take a game manager for my FF team any day if he throws for 5 TDs.

@RapSheet: Told a story from #Bucs GM Jason Licht on Jameis Winston: Headsets went out Sun. on 1st 3 drives, he called plays based on personnel. 2 TDs
This story, if true, reflects well on Jameis, but also reflects badly on the OC. Maybe they'd be more efficient if they let Jameis call the rest of the plays too!

This morning NFLN showed a clip of him talking to the team & noted it's pretty rare for a rookie to address the team. First one on the field, shakes every single players hand in the tunnel coming off. Might seem like trite trivial thing but the leadership is not forced, it comes naturally.

The maturation has been impressive. He almost screwed his life up as a 18-20 year old but he seems like a hard working player who is doing the right things.

Users who are viewing this thread