Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Jameis Winston - football talk

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Similar to when I was a teenager, I was "methodical" in my pursuit of Christie Brinkley. 

So that deft, thumbed blind kid sure could throw a football?

Winston has more completions to Saints players than Taysom Hill does in his career. I like the fit a ton. 

:cool:

He played reasonably well today. Wrong thread?

I expected a lot more vs the league's 29th ranked pass D. after a 5 TD performance vs the 27th ranked pass D. Of course, we can all agree that Philly has no pass D after allowing two bottom feeder teams throw 5 TDs against them back to back.

I expected a lot more vs the league's 29th ranked pass D. after a 5 TD performance vs the 27th ranked pass D. Of course, we can all agree that Philly has no pass D after allowing two bottom feeder teams throw 5 TDs against them back to back.

I am glad that you have finally come around to expecting good things from him, but he is still a rookie and the team around him is only ok.

Good for you lod for finally having decent expectations of the guy. We'll turn you into a Winston stan yet, even if I disagree that a team roaming .500 is a bottom feeder.

Can't wait for this guy to play Sunday. Your guy better come thru or I will go ballistic in this thread. I need a shootout with a score by both teams in the 30s at a minimum. I want fast paced, deep passes, move the chains and score quickly. I will cheer ever Winston TD. I could use 2 or more TDs to Jackson. Don't own him but need him to score big.

signed, Matt Ryan (turdlet ruined by Kyle Shanahan) owner.

FYI, the Bucs screw me over every time I have a player playing against them. Start them, they do nothing. Bench them, they have a career day. Yeah.....hate the Bucs, can't stand the Bucs. SOB's are going to screw me over this week I'm sure.

Go Bucs, score points and lots of them!

Can't wait for this guy to play Sunday. Your guy better come thru or I will go ballistic in this thread.

It's okay. We're pretty much used to your sophomoric drivel by now no matter how he performs.

He's going to be patient and see how it plays out long term, where Jameis will fail eventually...also that Jameis would be a failure by October...also if he doesn't have a huge game this week he's a failure.

• Like 1

Can't wait for this guy to play Sunday. Your guy better come thru or I will go ballistic in this thread.

It's okay. We're pretty much used to your sophomoric drivel by now no matter how he performs.

He's going to be patient and see how it plays out long term, where Jameis will fail eventually...also that Jameis would be a failure by October...also if he doesn't have a huge game this week he's a failure.

Of course. Said that from the beginning.

Of course. Said that from the beginning.

Nothing is a given but there is literally zero he's done on the field that will lead any senseable person to think he will eventually bust in the way you outlined he would.

I read that earlier, thanks for the link.

Congrats to TB (and fantasy football Winston) fans. With what looks like a come from behind win over ATL (second in a month?), the Bucs will have gone 4-2 in their past six games, and in the process pulling their record to 6-6 and a tie with the Falcons, actually beating them in the tie-breaker by sweeping them. The article notes if TB continues with a winning record in December, they could get to .500 (or even surpass that mark) for the first time in a half decade, which should position him well in the Offensive Rookie of the Year voting.

His run on third and 19 was incredible. Couldn't believe how he kept going.

That run was nuts. Winston's not even fast but for one play he turned in to Christian Okoye.

Pre-Steve Atwater Okoye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90HMXA5I2Tk

3rd & 19. I gotta admit, that was something. Had no idea the guy was that hard to bring down.He won the game for them on that run. Watched the replay. ATL 99 should be cut from the team immediately. ATL 52 should get lessons in tackling. TB 68 did not quit on the play and even assisted in the tackle. He had to because the ATL D was standing around watching at that point.

:lmao: ATL 52 actually knocked him off the pile.

It gets better. TB 68 is Joe Hawley. No wonder he tackles Winston. He used to be the ATL center. Way to go ATL. Cut the guy, look at ya now. Now he's a success.

"When Joe became available, I went to Coach (Lovie Smith) and went to Jason (Licht, general manager), and said, 'Look, we have a chance to get this guy,' " Koetter said this week. " 'He may not be quite healthy yet, but he is going to get better.' I know what kind of player Joe is."

No Koetter, no Hawley...pure #### at OC in ATL and no blocking. Bravo.

Edited by lod01

Can't wait for this guy to play Sunday. Your guy better come thru or I will go ballistic in this thread. I need a shootout with a score by both teams in the 30s at a minimum. I want fast paced, deep passes, move the chains and score quickly. I will cheer ever Winston TD. I could use 2 or more TDs to Jackson. Don't own him but need him to score big.

signed, Matt Ryan (turdlet ruined by Kyle Shanahan) owner.

FYI, the Bucs screw me over every time I have a player playing against them. Start them, they do nothing. Bench them, they have a career day. Yeah.....hate the Bucs, can't stand the Bucs. SOB's are going to screw me over this week I'm sure.

Go Bucs, score points and lots of them!

Too bad you couldn't start Jameis over Matty.

Do you think this could be a situation like Hoyer against the Saints a few weeks ago? Everyone was all over him but once the Saints couldn't score points, Hoyer backed off and didn't go nuts like everyone had hoped. Could we be seeing the same out of Winston this week especially with Cooks and Ingram out?

Do you think this could be a situation like Hoyer against the Saints a few weeks ago? Everyone was all over him but once the Saints couldn't score points, Hoyer backed off and didn't go nuts like everyone had hoped. Could we be seeing the same out of Winston this week especially with Cooks and Ingram out?

It's possible. That being said, Kwon is serving the first of his four game suspension, and McCoy, Smith, and David have all been limited. I still think the Saints will score.

Am i nuts for considering Winston over Rodgers? Eek.

Weather in GB is supposed to be pretty awful. 75 and sunny in Tampa. Winston against the worst defense in the NFL with a full slate of weapons.

Tough decision to make. I'm starting him over Bortles.