Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Official Jameis Winston - football talk

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Similar to when I was a teenager, I was "methodical" in my pursuit of Christie Brinkley. 

So that deft, thumbed blind kid sure could throw a football?

Winston has more completions to Saints players than Taysom Hill does in his career. I like the fit a ton. 

As much as I don't want Winston to have to suffer through regime after regime, this coaching staff needs to go. If you can't get your team motivated to win a game like this, get out of town.

It's really bad but that's Lovie. Running a relic of a defense while standing there asleep on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Geez, this thread dropped all the way to pg 6 without lod bumping it to prove to everyone just how strong his acumen is.

Lol.

15 games: 3700 yards, 7.6 ypa, 58% completion percentage, 27 total TDs, 14 turnovers (13 picks)...really can't beat it. Incredible rookie season.

Nice INT. Cost the team 7 points. Probably the win.

Evans Dropped a 70 yard TD right in his bread basket. Cost the team 7 points. Probably the win.

Mike Evans leads the league in drops. As a team they're 5th worst.

Evans Dropped a 70 yard TD right in his bread basket. Cost the team 7 points. Probably the win.

Jameis can't throw a catchable ball. Bust.

• Like 1

Jameis can't throw a catchable ball. Bust.

Out of the league after this week.

Rk 		        Age 	Year 	Lg 	Tm 	G 	W 	L 	T 	Cmp 	Att 	Cmp% 	Yds 	TD 	Int 	Rate 	Y/A 	AY/A1  	Russell Wilson 	23 	2012 	NFL 	SEA 	11 	8 	3 	0 	177 	274 	64.60 	2274 	21 	6 	106.9 	8.30 	8.852 	Robert Griffin 	22 	2012 	NFL 	WAS 	10 	6 	4 	0 	163 	251 	64.94 	2030 	16 	4 	104.5 	8.09 	8.653 	Roethlisberger 	22 	2004 	NFL 	PIT 	11 	11 	0 	0 	155 	228 	67.98 	2108 	13 	8 	101.6 	9.25 	8.814  	Marc Bulger 	25 	2002 	NFL 	RAM 	7 	6 	1 	0 	138 	214 	64.49 	1826 	14 	6 	101.5 	8.53 	8.585 	Matt Ryan 	23 	2008 	NFL 	ATL 	11 	8 	3 	0 	200 	308 	64.94 	2611 	13 	7 	96.1 	8.48 	8.306 	Dan Marino* 	22 	1983 	NFL 	MIA 	10 	7 	3 	0 	162 	279 	58.06 	2120 	18 	6 	94.7 	7.60 	7.927 	Charlie Batch 	23 	1998 	NFL 	DET 	10 	4 	6 	0 	139 	240 	57.92 	1903 	11 	4 	91.7 	7.93 	8.108 	Jameis Winston 	21 	2015 	NFL 	TAM 	11 	5 	6 	0 	210 	355 	59.15 	2752 	16 	6 	91.7 	7.75 	7.899 	Jay Cutler 	23 	2006 	NFL 	DEN 	4 	2 	2 	0 	60 	105 	57.14 	771 	8 	4 	89.8 	7.34 	7.1510 	Mike Glennon 	23 	2013 	NFL 	TAM 	11 	4 	7 	0 	201 	332 	60.54 	2196 	16 	6 	88.6 	6.61 	6.77

Jameis has been very good since week 5 - #8 in rookie QB rating weeks 5-16.

Still think he's a lot like Cutler.

35 picks update? Don't run from it.

I won't as soon as you show me that '35 INT' post...which doesn't exist.

So it got deleted?

Nope. He's making #### up. He bumped it for the 20's to 35.

Edited by lod01

So it got deleted?

No. You said it and said he would break the record. But I'm not digging through 80 pages of this and the bucs thread to find one of your hundreds of truly idiotic posts. You did a good enough job of demonstrating how little you know about football with this guy, I don't have to find a random post from 9 months ago to prove it further. Edited by Capella
  • Like 2

So it got deleted?

No. You said it and said he would break the record. But I'm not digging through 80 pages of this and the bucs thread to find one of your hundreds of truly idiotic posts. You did a good enough job of demonstrating how little you know about football with this guy, I don't have to find a random post from 9 months ago to prove it further.

The dude is in denial. Winston is already a star in th NFL...on his way to being a Superstar.

• Like 2

So it got deleted?

No. You said it and said he would break the record. But I'm not digging through 80 pages of this and the bucs thread to find one of your hundreds of truly idiotic posts. You did a good enough job of demonstrating how little you know about football with this guy, I don't have to find a random post from 9 months ago to prove it further.

Did not say '35' so you lose all credibility as you are simply making #### up.

So: Best since Luck. Clutch factor like Montana. Football IQ like Peyton.

No way we're setting this kid up to fail.

Reality: Delivery like Leftwich, server of INTs like Ryan Leaf, Football IQ of Josh Freeman.

This one is partcularly great.

Final stat line for #Bucs rookie QB Jameis Winston:

4,042 passing yards

28 total TDs (22 pass, 6 rush)

213 rushing yards

17 total turnovers

3rd rookie to throw for 4000 yards along with Cam and Luck. Offense sputtered down the stretch when 83 got hurt, but still an incredible rookie season. Better than even I expected.

• Like 3

Searching for that '35 INT' post I see. :lmao: You have zero credibility Mr. homer.

How angry are you going to be when he either wins or places second in OROY voting?

Not at all. He's going to win it. But you know what that means? Nothing. Vince Young won it. It is not a guarantee of future success. Bob Griffin won it. Bradford won it. So did Percy Harvin.

Edited by lod01

Final stat line for #Bucs rookie QB Jameis Winston:

4,042 passing yards

28 total TDs (22 pass, 6 rush)

213 rushing yards

17 total turnovers

3rd rookie to throw for 4000 yards along with Cam and Luck. Offense sputtered down the stretch when 83 got hurt, but still an incredible rookie season. Better than even I expected.

One of the few bright spots in another disappointing season. At least we have something to look forward to. Maybe?

We do. He went off on his soft teammates after the game too.

:lmao: He loves him some Lovie so you better fall in line.

Then, when asked about Dirk Koetter, Jameis went off, saying there was no way that the Bucs would have won six games without the drive and fire of the coaching staff, including Lovie Smith, and that, “I guarantee that some of our coaches want it more than some of our players and that’s the bad part! That’s the bad part. Our coaches want it, I guarantee you!”

Just letting ya know, next year's schedule has some real tough D's. Not the crap that was on this year's schedule. NFC West, AFC West, Dallas, Carolina twice. Dude is going to lose his mind

Edited by lod01

Then, when asked about Dirk Koetter, Jameis went off, saying there was no way that the Bucs would have won six games without the drive and fire of the coaching staff, including Lovie Smith, and that, I guarantee that some of our coaches want it more than some of our players and thats the bad part! Thats the bad part. Our coaches want it, I guarantee you!

Just letting ya know, next year's schedule has some real tough D's. Not the crap that was on this year's schedule. NFC West, AFC West, Dallas, Carolina twice. Dude is going to lose his mind

If this were poker, this statement would you be saying you busted out but you will come back with even more money next week.

Then, when asked about Dirk Koetter, Jameis went off, saying there was no way that the Bucs would have won six games without the drive and fire of the coaching staff, including Lovie Smith, and that, I guarantee that some of our coaches want it more than some of our players and thats the bad part! Thats the bad part. Our coaches want it, I guarantee you!

If this were poker, this statement would you be saying you busted out but you will come back with even more money next week.

See ya in September.

See ya in September.

Maybe by this time next year he will finally have your 35 picks (probably not) :bye:

Seems like Winston has a bright NFL future ahead of him, but I'm a bit more cautious on his fantasy prospects.

Have to figure that the defensive-minded Lovie will focus on improving the defensive side of the ball and focus on a ball control type offense.

Seems like Winston has a bright NFL future ahead of him, but I'm a bit more cautious on his fantasy prospects.

Have to figure that the defensive-minded Lovie will focus on improving the defensive side of the ball and focus on a ball control type offense.

He just threw for almost 4100 yards as a rookie. You think Lovie is going to get more conservative as Jameis gets better? :confused:

He just threw for almost 4100 yards as a rookie. You think Lovie is going to get more conservative as Jameis gets better? :confused:

Maybe not conservative, but not efficient either. I have serious doubts Lovie knows how to create an offensive powerhouse, even with all the weapons we have in place.

Edited by ShamrockPride

Maybe not conservative, but not efficient either. I have serious doubts Lovie knows how to create an offensive powerhouse, even with all the weapons we have in place.

Are we under the impression Lovie really has any say in the offense at this point? Other than "go for it or kick" situations?

The offense was quite good this year. :shrug:

They finished top-5 in offense this year. :confused:

They finished top-5 in offense this year. :confused:
20th in points per game.