What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (5 Viewers)

On the running out of the pocket: While I think a QB needs to keep his eyes down field to look for an open receiver, I think mobile QB's need to take some runs to keep the defense honest. If you look what Rodgers, Smith, and even Wentz are doing with their feet, they are gaining important first downs with their feet, and they are forcing linebackers to come up to defend the run which will open up things up for future completions on the run. Winston would be well served to take advantage of some open runs to put more pressure on the defense.

We saw Vince Young go for 4000 yards and 25 touchdowns his first two years?

or are you just comparing them because they are tall black quarterbacks you don't like?
"Young has a professional track record of success, at times showing flashes of his innate ability with last-minute game-winning drives. Young has a 31-19 record as a starter with 13 game-winning drives and seven fourth-quarter comebacks to his credit. The two-time Pro Bowler has accomplished more than a number of current NFL backup quarterbacks".

The rise and fall of Vince Young

By Jerome Solomon, Houston Chronicle, Terri Langford, and Mike Tolson

Last edited by a moderator:
On the running out of the pocket: While I think a QB needs to keep his eyes down field to look for an open receiver, I think mobile QB's need to take some runs to keep the defense honest. If you look what Rodgers, Smith, and even Wentz are doing with their feet, they are gaining important first downs with their feet, and they are forcing linebackers to come up to defend the run which will open up things up for future completions on the run. Winston would be well served to take advantage of some open runs to put more pressure on the defense.
Completely agree.

Ditka Butkus said:
"Young has a professional track record of success, at times showing flashes of his innate ability with last-minute game-winning drives. Young has a 31-19 record as a starter with 13 game-winning drives and seven fourth-quarter comebacks to his credit. The two-time Pro Bowler has accomplished more than a number of current NFL backup quarterbacks".

The rise and fall of Vince Young

By Jerome Solomon, Houston Chronicle, Terri Langford, and Mike Tolson
I know I shouldn't even dignify this, but, here's a link to Vince Young's numbers in the NFL.  The following link is to Jameis' numbers.  Notice anything?

Vince Young

Jameis Winston

You might as well compare him to Tim Tebow.

I know I shouldn't even dignify this, but, here's a link to Vince Young's numbers in the NFL.  The following link is to Jameis' numbers.  Notice anything?

Vince Young

Jameis Winston

You might as well compare him to Tim Tebow.
A couple more stats:

Vince Young record as starter: 31-19

Jameis Winston record as starter: 17-19

(Yes, I am trolling  :D . Enjoy flaming away at me)

That was entertaining. Nice try there. See ya in 10 days.
See ya next week.....maybe. Solid 5-10 for 61 big yards. That's 6.1 YPA. :X  But no picks, so ya got that going for you. :thumbup:

This will be bumped a lot by December FYI 
Doing my best to help out. Time for the Bucs to start looking for a franchise QB.  if only they had waited 1 year and drafted a winner like Carson Wentz or Jared Goff, but Lovie wanted this guy. Man, he screwed over this franchise bigly.

Yeah, it was kinda funny. He was awful and the Cards almost blew it by letting Fitz-Magik in the game. Man all those bumps of this thread that you had planned sure blew up in your face. This guy has arguably the best supporting cast in the NFL and can't get the job done. Fitz looked great except for one bad pass. Of course, Evans didn't fight for the ball on the pass. You should be rooting for him to stay as starting QB instead of sticking with this boat anchor. Fitz-Magik dropped that bomb into Evans like a champ. Winston would have throw it over his head into the 1st row.

btw, you are losing this battle, bigly.

See ya next week.....maybe. Solid 5-10 for 61 big yards. That's 6.1 YPA. :X  But no picks, so ya got that going for you. :thumbup:

Doing my best to help out. Time for the Bucs to start looking for a franchise QB.  if only they had waited 1 year and drafted a winner like Carson Wentz or Jared Goff, but Lovie wanted this guy. Man, he screwed over this franchise bigly.

Welcome to ignore.  Your tool factor is just too high.

lod001 said:
Yeah, it was kinda funny. He was awful and the Cards almost blew it by letting Fitz-Magik in the game. Man all those bumps of this thread that you had planned sure blew up in your face. This guy has arguably the best supporting cast in the NFL and can't get the job done. Fitz looked great except for one bad pass. Of course, Evans didn't fight for the ball on the pass. You should be rooting for him to stay as starting QB instead of sticking with this boat anchor. Fitz-Magik dropped that bomb into Evans like a champ. Winston would have throw it over his head into the 1st row.

Please turn it down.

So an sprained AC-joint on the throwing shoulder.  Do they have him play on the road this week vs. an AFC team or do they rest him one week for two straight divisional games after (Panthers, Saints)

@Jene Bramel

So an sprained AC-joint on the throwing shoulder.  Do they have him play on the road this week vs. an AFC team or do they rest him one week for two straight divisional games after (Panthers, Saints)

@Jene Bramel
This will depend on how much range of motion he has by midweek. If his throwing motion will be altered or he's not able to protect himself in the pocket, they won't risk him. They'll need to know relatively early to adjust their game plan. Plenty of comps for quarterbacks who have played through low-grade AC sprains without missing time but it's too early to say which side of questionable he's on.

You really ran to post in here about a guy's performance that was injured in the first quarter? Must have been the highlight of your day.

Back to actual relevant talk - TB did the right thing by signing Fitz. Really hard to find a back up that can jump in and lead your team from a blowout to actually being in the game. Well played, sir. I think having Fitz gives them the opportunity to allow Winston to get to 100% rather than rush him back. 

You really ran to post in here about a guy's performance that was injured in the first quarter? Must have been the highlight of your day.

Back to actual relevant talk - TB did the right thing by signing Fitz. Really hard to find a back up that can jump in and lead your team from a blowout to actually being in the game. Well played, sir. I think having Fitz gives them the opportunity to allow Winston to get to 100% rather than rush him back. 
As an owner of a few Bucs, not named Jameis, I hope he takes his time getting healthy.

IMO the folks on the other side have been equally as obnoxious.
Nah. This guy has been coming up with childish troll nicknames for Jameis for years now, avoids the thread when he plays great, avoids quotes bumping his wrong predictions and only comes back when the guy has a bad game. It's textbook troll behavior. 

Which is all fine. You have to account for who you are talking to and I put literally no value on his opinion at all, but other people are not acting the same way. Honestly, it's like conversing with a 13-year-old. 

Nah. This guy has been coming up with childish troll nicknames for Jameis for years now, avoids the thread when he plays great, avoids quotes bumping his wrong predictions and only comes back when the guy has a bad game. It's textbook troll behavior. 

Which is all fine. You have to account for who you are talking to and I put literally no value on his opinion at all, but other people are not acting the same way. Honestly, it's like conversing with a 13-year-old. 
Opinions vary. I see a number of posters acting childishly in this thread.

You and lod are tied for the lead though.

I’d sit him for a week. He needs to see the game from a different perspective.

He played really poorly against New England and in my opinion was on his way to another poor performance versus the Cardinals. Another deep ball overthrow to an open Evans that may have changed the course of the game as an example.

I realize he’s still an extremely young QB and there’s no doubt that Jameis is the future. He just hasn’t stepped up when his team has needed him. The rah rah leadership qualities are going to fall on deaf ears if he continues to struggle. 

I’m through making excuses. He has too many weapons. The line has actually played pretty well. If the defense is getting gashed sometimes the franchise QB needs to make some plays instead of going 3 or 4 and out the first 3 series of every game. 

I’d sit him for a week. He needs to see the game from a different perspective.

He played really poorly against New England and in my opinion was on his way to another poor performance versus the Cardinals. Another deep ball overthrow to an open Evans that may have changed the course of the game as an example.

I realize he’s still an extremely young QB and there’s no doubt that Jameis is the future. He just hasn’t stepped up when his team has needed him. The rah rah leadership qualities are going to fall on deaf ears if he continues to struggle. 

I’m through making excuses. He has too many weapons. The line has actually played pretty well. If the defense is getting gashed sometimes the franchise QB needs to make some plays instead of going 3 or 4 and out the first 3 series of every game. 
Exactly, non conference game too and Fitzpatrick has success returning to Buffalo.  Rest up for the two NFCS games to follow.  Even padded up, one big hit vs. a Bills D that gets after the QB and coming off a bye could set him back further.

Gottabesweet said:
Exactly, non conference game too and Fitzpatrick has success returning to Buffalo.  Rest up for the two NFCS games to follow.  Even padded up, one big hit vs. a Bills D that gets after the QB and coming off a bye could set him back further.
Buffalo is coming off their bye as well I believe.  Another road blowout looming for TB.

Capella said:

Looking in the mirror when you wrote this I see. If I didn't bump this thread this week, it would have faded down 5-6 pages. You totally disappear when he stinks it up. That's why you haven't bumped the thread like you said you were going to a few pages back.

The bottom line is I'm right, you are wrong, your guy stinks, you are getting angry about being so wrong about this guy and it's only a matter of time before he's done. He's just not any good. You resort to posts like this when your guy stinks it up like he has. The thread is filled with them.

Now I'll swim away from your stinky bait.

23rd in total QBR rating. http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr  with arguably the best supporting cast in the league.
The bottom line is I'm right, you are wrong, your guy stinks, you are getting angry about being so wrong about this guy and it's only a matter of time before he's done. He's just not any good. You resort to posts like this when your guy stinks it up like he has. The thread is filled with them.
He hasn't played well so far this year with a few exceptions.  But, the rhetoric above from you is what's so obnoxious.  He's going to be Tampa's QB for a long time and the odds are at just 23 years old he's likely to improve.

Looking in the mirror when you wrote this I see. If I didn't bump this thread this week, it would have faded down 5-6 pages. You totally disappear when he stinks it up. That's why you haven't bumped the thread like you said you were going to a few pages back.

Dude you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with Jameis.  Almost stalkerish.

Please point those out.  What post numbers? 
I don't see post numbers.

Look for posts by lod, or replies to posts by lod.  Virtually all are of the "I'm right, you're wrong" chest pounding and name calling variety.  Childish.

I'm happy to see @joebryant try and put the kibosh on it, but he only chastised one of the guilty parties.

I don't see post numbers.

Look for posts by lod, or replies to posts by lod.  Virtually all are of the "I'm right, you're wrong" chest pounding and name calling variety.  Childish.

I'm happy to see @joebryant try and put the kibosh on it, but he only chastised one of the guilty parties.
I haven't called anybody names, other than to say he has perfect troll behavior, which is true. :shrug:  

Sorry, but no. I was here right after he Minnesota game saying it was the worst game of his career. The posts are still right there. 

Also, yes, it would have faded this week because I didn't think anybody would be.....unique enough to bump his bad play off of 5 healthy snaps. You got me there. 

Guys, come on; Winston is hurt this week and we're all going to be pounding this thread looking for info up until game time. Lets not pollute the thread.

ool

Users who are viewing this thread