What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (2 Viewers)

Let's go hypothetical for a moment here.  If Winston's suspension was only two games and Fitz throws 3 interceptions in full tilt mode on Monday Night Football, does Tampa Bay make the switch at halftime?

I think they would have.
I think you may be correct here minus the strike through, I wouldn't' call it that but it's not worth debating. 

But for an average-at-best guy like Winston? 
Guy almost threw 30 TDs 2 years ago. He's got a big arm. I honestly think he has potential to be a top 10 QB in this offense. If Fitzpatrick can look this good, imagine a QB who is "average at best."

Get in now while you can. People scoffed at the mention of TB being a great offense just 1 month ago in the Barber thread... now they still haven't learned their lesson and now they are scoffing at the possibility of Winston being a legitimate fantasy QB. 

I do believe Fitzpatrick will lose his job at some point. And when he does, Winston is going to be a huge pick up for many leagues. I'm just hoping to get through a couple injuries and byes until I can pick him up after week 5. 

FTR I do believe Winston comes in at some point, I just was surprised people felt that Fitzpatrick had a bad game last week... he over came adversity and looked pretty solid in that second half. A lot of QBs have done the same. 
Lots have folded up like a cheap suitcase too, which he did not. If anything this likely bolsters his confidence.

I'm talking NFL, not fantasy.  Just a middle of the pack guy. That's my point. Why would you bench one of the hottest QBs in the league for someone who's never been more than average?  I'm not saying that Fitz will keep it up or that Winston won't take(and deserve) the job back at some point. But Fitz is playing better on this three game run than Winston ever has.  Why change? 
This ties into the perception that NFL wins define a QB's "greatness".  The Bucs have been complete ####e on the field for pretty much Winston's entire tenure.  Full disclosure, I don't follow the team very closely, so if you were to tell me that he looks like trash more often than he looks like a winner, I couldn't argue it.

From a fantasy stats perspective, I see someone who looks like a tremendous buy low opportunity.

I honestly think he has potential to be a top 10 QB in this offense. If Fitzpatrick can look this good, imagine a QB who is "average at best."

Get in now while you can. People scoffed at the mention of TB being a great offense just 1 month ago in the Barber thread... now they still haven't learned their lesson and now they are scoffing at the possibility of Winston being a legitimate fantasy QB. 

I do believe Fitzpatrick will lose his job at some point. And when he does, Winston is going to be a huge pick up for many leagues. I'm just hoping to get through a couple injuries and byes until I can pick him up after week 5. 
I'm struggling to understand why people just don't get this.  He passed for 325+ yds and/or 3 TDs in 7 of 11 full, healthy games last year, with a less experienced receiving corps and a similarly putrid running game. 

Koetter is making the right call sticking with the hot hand over a player who hasn't been with the team for three weeks, but there is no reason to believe this offense is going to crap if a QB switch is made

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitz was the least pressured QB in weeks 1 and 2.  The steelers knew that, went after him and all of a sudden Fitz looks normal again. 

The Bears will do the same this week, eat Fitz for lunch and Winston is your starter in week 6 because he's better against the pass rush than Fitz and it's not close.

Plan accordingly.  I would be selling high on Ftiz if there are any suckers out there.

Fitz was the least pressured QB in weeks 1 and 2.  The steelers knew that, went after him and all of a sudden Fitz looks normal again. 

The Bears will do the same this week, eat Fitz for lunch and Winston is your starter in week 6 because he's better against the pass rush than Fitz and it's not close.

Plan accordingly.  I would be selling high on Ftiz if there are any suckers out there.
I’ve been toying with the idea of adding Winston for this exact reason. 

Dodds early rankings has Fitz 3rd, not sure why, I don't want to risk a halftime swap this game... that being said, he wins this game, he has some rope for a few more games...

Dodds early rankings has Fitz 3rd, not sure why, I don't want to risk a halftime swap this game... that being said, he wins this game, he has some rope for a few more games...
Fitzpatrick can have a big fantasy game and still have a bad real football game.   

The Bears are going to send the house and that could result in some long TDs, similar to the Steelers game.   I wouldn't rank Fitz #3 but there is definitely an avenue for him to put up a big fantasy game...particularly if the Bucs pass blocking can withstand Mack and company.   One thing is for certain, the Bucs will not be running on the Bears, that only leaves the pass.

I'm struggling to understand why people just don't get this.  He passed for 325+ yds and/or 3 TDs in 7 of 11 full, healthy games last year, with a less experienced receiving corps and a similarly putrid running game. 

Koetter is making the right call sticking with the hot hand over a player who hasn't been with the team for three weeks, but there is no reason to believe this offense is going to crap if a QB switch is made
If a switch is made this offense will get better IMO. 

I don't understand why people aren't just falling over themselves to buy this offense (especially Winston) either. I feel incredibly validated being correct on this (because we all know we are wrong more often than right), but it surprises me that there are still doubters out there.

Winston gets a lot of hate, but that's more directed toward Winston the human being, and people just let that over flow into Winston the football player. He has potential to finish the season with 30 TDs in 12 games 

Dr. Dan said:
If a switch is made this offense will get better IMO. 

I don't understand why people aren't just falling over themselves to buy this offense (especially Winston) either. I feel incredibly validated being correct on this (because we all know we are wrong more often than right), but it surprises me that there are still doubters out there.

Winston gets a lot of hate, but that's more directed toward Winston the human being, and people just let that over flow into Winston the football player. He has potential to finish the season with 30 TDs in 12 games 
I won't be surprised if Winston gets back in at some point.  My concern isn't that he's a bad person, it's that he's just a strange guy who may not be well liked by his team mates.  I'll never forget the faces of his teammates when he was doing that weird W eating bit.  Obviously, he's super talented, but his leadership is questionable at best and seems forced at times.  That may very well be a factor in the coaches decision to stick with Fitz as long as they can.  The team seems to like him more.

I won't be surprised if Winston gets back in at some point.  My concern isn't that he's a bad person, it's that he's just a strange guy who may not be well liked by his team mates.  I'll never forget the faces of his teammates when he was doing that weird W eating bit.  Obviously, he's super talented, but his leadership is questionable at best and seems forced at times.  That may very well be a factor in the coaches decision to stick with Fitz as long as they can.  The team seems to like him more.
The other thing is simply can his game be "polished up" any further?

It's a cliche but this looks like one of those infamous "We have two quarterbacks" situations and we all know what the rest of that old saying is. It's okay that Fitz is ultimately not the guy but it's a different problem if Winston isn't.

I would be shocked if Winston isn't starting at some point this season for a couple reasons.

1) Fitz is playing at an unsustainable pace both generally and given his career arc. We saw that in the 1st half of the Steelers game with two bizarre INTs.

2) The team needs to know what they have in Winston so they're strongly incentivized to play him with the final year of his deal next year. 

Winston, like Fitz, looked excellent in the preseason (albeit sometimes against no. 2s). He looked like peak Winston from last year when for a few games Winston was on fire -  making the right reads, not doing boneheaded things.

But Winston has been the same player since his 2nd year at FSU. He hasn't significantly improved (relative to competition) since his freshman year. He's flashed at times, the question is: is this the year he becomes reliable? I don't know. It's a really, really weird season (see Fitzpatrick, Ryan).

Looking like post-bye start at the earliest, based on the tone of his press conference today. That's assuming Fitz doesn't tear up the Bears.

Looking like post-bye start at the earliest, based on the tone of his press conference today. That's assuming Fitz doesn't tear up the Bears.
If he has a solid game against the Bears I think he keeps the job for a while, anything less than average gives the brass ammo to go with Winston.  IMO

can you elaborate? what constituted a meltdown?

Was it the part where two of his INTs were not his fault?

Or was it the part where he lead his team back down 3 scores to give them a chance to win?

I guess I was watching a different game than you. I didnt see a meltdown. unless all you're doing is looking at the box score 
It was the part where he made some very reckless throws, I saw probably 3 or more throws that just seemed rushed (a couple were late and I know that happens in catch up mode ) and if memory serves correctly at least 1 should have been an INT. I'm well aware at one of his early INT's was batted.

I watched every minute of the game, other than the bull#### "ad free halftime" which was led in directly with an ad placement LOL.

Go back and watch again, starting late in the second quarter.

I remember several passes where he just should have thrown the ball away, but he flung it wildly in the immediate vicinity of defenders. Look, its not like this is some new movie we haven't seen before, we all know this is usually how it ends up.  I'm not exactly expecting this guy to be Aaron Rodgers, nor Tom Brady.  All QBs make some of these bad throws under pressure, Fitz just makes a few more than some of the others.

(I do admit to being an owner when he had his great Jets run there awhile back though)

The meltdown was absolutely starting to take place, but halftime came at just the right time in my opinion. He seemed to gather himself a bit. But several of those throws late game were just not what you want to see.

If you think you were watching a different game, then go back and watch it again.

All this is really irrelevant, judge it how you want, no harm no foul. Make your own decisions accordingly.    I cut him last night, and put Winston on the bench in the one league I could spare the roster spot not taken up by needed RBs for depth. I'd much rather have him at the ready when he eventually gets back in, than starting Fitz, knowing whats going to transpire sooner or later.

In a few weeks theres a good chance everyone is going to be running to the wire to acquire a possible QB1 in Winston, and I'm going to have him already. His weeks 10-14 schedule looks pretty good, and hopefully by then he will be firing on all cylinders.  I do admit his two road games in weeks 15-16 are something to think about though. @BAL and @ DAL

TZM

Well it really hurt to do but I cut the #1 QB so far in two different dynasty leagues that has a roster cap of 2-QBs.  I have Watson and Wentz as my QB1s so I'm not hurting, but the Bucs' situation sure did make my backup QB a pain in the rear to plan for so far.  

I didn't see too much of the first half on Monday night but I did catch the entire 4th quarter.  I tried not to let it cloud my judgement.  I cannot see throwing Winston to waivers in a dynasty league though.  That was what ultimately led me to cut Fitz.  Long term I'll take Winston over Fitzpatrick without question.

It was the part where he made some very reckless throws, I saw probably 3 or more throws that just seemed rushed (a couple were late and I know that happens in catch up mode ) and if memory serves correctly at least 1 should have been an INT. I'm well aware at one of his early INT's was batted.

I watched every minute of the game, other than the bull#### "ad free halftime" which was led in directly with an ad placement LOL.

I remember several passes where he just should have thrown the ball away, but he flung it wildly in the immediate vicinity of defenders. Look, its not like this is some new movie we haven't seen before, we all know this is usually how it ends up.  I'm not exactly expecting this guy to be Aaron Rodgers, nor Tom Brady.  All QBs make some of these bad throws under pressure, Fitz just makes a few more than some of the others.

(I do admit to being an owner when he had his great Jets run there awhile back though)

The meltdown was absolutely starting to take place, but halftime came at just the right time in my opinion. He seemed to gather himself a bit. But several of those throws late game were just not what you want to see.

If you think you were watching a different game, then go back and watch it again.

All this is really irrelevant, judge it how you want, no harm no foul. Make your own decisions accordingly.    I cut him last night, and put Winston on the bench in the one league I could spare the roster spot not taken up by needed RBs for depth. I'd much rather have him at the ready when he eventually gets back in, than starting Fitz, knowing whats going to transpire sooner or later.

In a few weeks theres a good chance everyone is going to be running to the wire to acquire a possible QB1 in Winston, and I'm going to have him already. His weeks 10-14 schedule looks pretty good, and hopefully by then he will be firing on all cylinders.  I do admit his two road games in weeks 15-16 are something to think about though. @BAL and @ DAL

TZM
I watched a lot of the j-e-t-s- when I lived in NJ. Fitz was good for a while.then fizzled out..he's Bratt Favre without the talent - he's a gunslinger..but he causes critical , unforced errors in the WORST times in games..

look at it this way: had his 3 INTS on MNF occured in the 2nd half, we'd be talking about a GUARANTEE that Winston is starting this weekend. the ONLY saving grace for fitz is that his picks came in the first half, while his 3 tds came in the 2nd half. people are more inclined to remember the good and not the bad. 

this guy is what he has always been - a gunslinger without a conscience, one who is wreckless and careless..I dont see him making it past halftime vs. the Bears...and those who loved what he did end of last season - wasn;t that when he KNEW that he was the guy and that Winston was down-n-out? yeah.and same this year..2 games he looks unstoppable.week before JW comes back , he tosses 3 picks. dont misread that...

people, there's a REASON he's played on SOOOOOOOOOO many teams in his NFL career. hell,NYJ let him go to hand the jjob to J. McCown!!!! LOL. 

cmon now.anyone holding out hope that fitz and his short shelf life magic will last as a starting QB past this weekend, are dillusional..seek help. 

just.stop..

and yes, Winston is a LOCK top 5 QB going forward..

TZM
I'm trying to get through engrams injury to grab him. I have Goff and figure both are a winning combo. hoping engram is back week 5

Grahamburn said:
People struggle to separate the off field and on field with him.  He's not a good guy. 
I think why people have such a hard time with this or confuse it very easily, is because he really is a great teammate as far as his willingness to take blame for a loss, and willing to be a rah-rah sideline cheerleader when he's not playing. He plays with a great passion and energy. And there's so much footage of him doing just that. In huddles, eating W's, it all gives most people a false representation.

Tanner9919 said:
I watched a lot of the j-e-t-s- when I lived in NJ. Fitz was good for a while.then fizzled out..he's Bratt Favre without the talent - he's a gunslinger..but he causes critical , unforced errors in the WORST times in games..

look at it this way: had his 3 INTS on MNF occured in the 2nd half, we'd be talking about a GUARANTEE that Winston is starting this weekend. the ONLY saving grace for fitz is that his picks came in the first half, while his 3 tds came in the 2nd half. people are more inclined to remember the good and not the bad. 

this guy is what he has always been - a gunslinger without a conscience, one who is wreckless and careless..I dont see him making it past halftime vs. the Bears...and those who loved what he did end of last season - wasn;t that when he KNEW that he was the guy and that Winston was down-n-out? yeah.and same this year..2 games he looks unstoppable.week before JW comes back , he tosses 3 picks. dont misread that...

people, there's a REASON he's played on SOOOOOOOOOO many teams in his NFL career. hell,NYJ let him go to hand the jjob to J. McCown!!!! LOL. 

cmon now.anyone holding out hope that fitz and his short shelf life magic will last as a starting QB past this weekend, are dillusional..seek help. 

just.stop..

and yes, Winston is a LOCK top 5 QB going forward..
I think everyone knows What Fitzmagic is. A lot of us are having fun watching this play out. Hard not to root for Fitz man. 

But the bolded? Dude in today's NFL......take your pick from a lot of QB's. The offense is waaaaaaaay up. You can't touch WR's, can't touch QB's. 

It's easy to pass and be a yardage whore in the NFL now. The QB position in fantasy football is quite deep.

So your strategy is to tank another season to get the #1 pick? You wouldn't be employed very long.
Yep, Bucs would be the one with the franchise QB Jared Goff. I would have been named GM of the century.

Goff is nowhere near JW or MM right now. :lmao: He's behind Cook, Jones and maybe even Hackenburg.

Maybe with a great season he can leap up to #1 but no GM is passing on these guys based on that hope. Idiotic.
oops. I told you guys Wentz and Goff were better that Winston.

Yep, Bucs would be the one with the franchise QB Jared Goff. I would have been named GM of the century.

oops. I told you guys Wentz and Goff were better that Winston.
What's crazy is Winston's wrs are way above average.  He should have better stats than what he has

Buc homers in particular - Any way Fitz holds Winston off long-term (ROS) or is a Winston start inevitable making him a must pick-up if you're a Fitz owner?

Winston is inaccurate throwing the deep ball. Fitz has been good with the deep ball. I think the leash should be longer then it probably is. The real question is how manic is Coach Dirk? He may be playing for his job this year so if a couple of loses pile up a switch will probably occur out of desperation and blame displacement. 

If you think Fitz is holding the starting job long term you’re delusional. HOWEVER, that is not to say Winston doesn’t do something to sabotage himself, but Fitz won’t keep him off the field personally. 

Buc homers in particular - Any way Fitz holds Winston off long-term (ROS) or is a Winston start inevitable making him a must pick-up if you're a Fitz owner?
Not a TB homer just reading local outlets down there past couple weeks these are my takeaways:

- The TB players care about winning.  They like Fitz and Winston, but they like winning more (this includes Winston’s BFF Evans).  Players will continue to make a point of staying out of who should start at QB in the coming weeks.  I do get the feeling criticism of Fitzpatrick from players will leak out if he were to lose a game for them though.

- Fans and media on the other hand are very into Fitz, definite connection there.  Lots of human interest stories about him; they talk about his family, interview his neighbors, etc...  It’s a good story and people like a good story.

As a Fitz owner I think he starts after the bye if he plays well this week AND they win. As soon as either thing doesn’t happen this season (which is guaranteed) it will become a confusing mess with roughly 50/50 odds on the QB starter the next week, probably with an edge to Winston.

So ya Winston taking over at some point is inevitable in 99% of the ways this plays out.

As a result I plan to p/u Winston.  

Most interesting thing to me is that right now all the pressure is on Fitz with Winston right in his rear view mirror, but depending on how Winston takes the starting job back those roles could be reversed later in the season.

Interesting analysis jtp.

I watched a fair bit of their preseason and imo Winston looked great. But of course he was throwing to these same tremendous receivers that Fitz has.

My gut says that it will be hard for Fitz to hold off Jameis for too long.

I agree.  Will probably be Winston but either way I’m hoping to ride a TB quarterback as the season goes on.

JUICY schedule.  Week 16 at Dallas is the only really suspect matchup after Chicago this week, but by then who knows how the Dallas D is playing.

They have already picked up Winston's option for next year.
As we have seen with other QBs, the option is only locked in if Winston is injured at the start of the league year.  Even having picked up the option, he can still be cut without penalty.

So if the Bucs have decided to move on (big if), it adds incentive to stay with Fitz and not play Jameis at all, to avoid injury.  

They have already picked up Winston's option for next year.
But those options are only guaranteed against injury.  It doesn’t become fully guaranteed until the first day of the 2019 league year.  So, if they wanted to walk away, they still could, I think.

**ETA-I don’t think they will, just that I think they “could”**

As we have seen with other QBs, the option is only locked in if Winston is injured at the start of the league year.  Even having picked up the option, he can still be cut without penalty.

So if the Bucs have decided to move on (big if), it adds incentive to stay with Fitz and not play Jameis at all, to avoid injury.  
This is an awful time for backup QBs. This year's rookies have helped the mix. If I were a GM, I would feel fortunate I'm one of the teams with two and any addition would be a third. When the third is ready for a bump, only then would I make a move. I'd be so guarded about my QBs.

Fitz does have some history of getting hot. He also cools down. He is old. I mean he was third stringer behind Warner with those Rams. I'd enjoy the ride with him and ask Winston a thousand times why is this working, what did he do there, etc. You can't miss that Winston can learn from this. Maybe even consider a QB coach issue? Not sure.

The expensive 5th year option could be renegotiated to be an extension at a more reasonable rate with incentives. 

Jameis Winston completed 16-of-20 passes for 145 yards, one touchdown, and two picks in the Bucs' Week 4 loss to the Bears.

An 80% completion rate is actually impressive given that Winston was suspended and away from football during the first three weeks. He replaced Ryan Fitzpatrick, who tossed an interception in his own right, at the half and will seemingly stay under center (barring injury) for the remainder of the season. Winston will have the entire bye week to become acclimated to football again and will return in Week 6 as a sneaky low-end QB1 against the Falcons' injury-riddled secondary.

Sep 30 - 9:54 PM

"Winston will have the entire bye week to become acclimated to football again and will return in Week 6 as a sneaky low-end QB1 against the Falcons' injury-riddled secondary."
Last three QBs against Falcons:

71% comp rate, 337 yds, 3 TDs

80% comp rate, 396 yds, 5 TDs

71% comp rate, 335 yds, 3 TDs

Pretty sneaky, sis. CJ Beathard against ATL might be "sneaky"; Winston probably QB SOTW

Last three QBs against Falcons:

71% comp rate, 337 yds, 3 TDs

80% comp rate, 396 yds, 5 TDs

71% comp rate, 335 yds, 3 TDs

Pretty sneaky, sis. CJ Beathard against ATL might be "sneaky"; Winston probably QB SOTW
I’ll be playing him that week.  Unless the D gets better Winston will have to put up 35+ FPs just to keep from getting blown out.

That’s really the only thing I’m worried about over the course of the season with his situation, blow-out game scripts due to TBs horrendous defense and locker room morale if they don’t start winning. 

Week 6 win would be really good for that team, reading post game comments from those guys and they sound devastated.

I’ll be playing him that week.  Unless the D gets better Winston will have to put up 35+ FPs just to keep from getting blown out.

That’s really the only thing I’m worried about over the course of the season with his situation, blow-out game scripts due to TBs horrendous defense and locker room morale if they don’t start winning. 

Week 6 win would be really good for that team, reading post game comments from those guys and they sound devastated.
Their pass coverage is horrendous. I can't even imagine how they can looks so bad. It's mind-boggling.

But as long as they just don't give up on the season, it does ensure positive game scripts for Winston.

I cut him last night, and put Winston on the bench in the one league I could spare the roster spot not taken up by needed RBs for depth. I'd much rather have him at the ready when he eventually gets back in, than starting Fitz, knowing whats going to transpire sooner or later.

TZM
This may have just helped to save my fantasy season. I tried to tell everyone Fitzpatrick was going to be ousted. (I hope some of you made a move while you could do it free)

Not that I'm really happy about it, but I do feel like I saw what I needed to see, then the coaching came out and said he was "just 1 or 2 plays away from being benched".

I'll be 2-2, but at least I will have someone to start at QB in 2 weeks.

In other news, I have Russell Wilson in 2 OTHER leagues, and my God is he terrible.  Same bull#### a couple years ago, then he took off like a Roman Candle late season after I dropped him.

Debating on claiming Winston in the other leagues too, and benching Wilson.  Yeah, fantasy is a swiftly moving current.  Never thought I would ever say I would bench Wilson in favor of Winston. But its looking like that is about to happen.

I feel dirty.  I might even have to start Bortles or Smith this week, while the TB QB carousel is on bye.  Maybe I should make a gif of ME eating one of those "W"s , like Winston did in Hard Knocks.   :thumbup:

TZM

This may have just helped to save my fantasy season. I tried to tell everyone Fitzpatrick was going to be ousted. (I hope some of you made a move while you could do it free)

Not that I'm really happy about it, but I do feel like I saw what I needed to see, then the coaching came out and said he was "just 1 or 2 plays away from being benched".

I'll be 2-2, but at least I will have someone to start at QB in 2 weeks.

In other news, I have Russell Wilson in 2 OTHER leagues, and my God is he terrible.  Same bull#### a couple years ago, then he took off like a Roman Candle late season after I dropped him.

Debating on claiming Winston in the other leagues too, and benching Wilson.  Yeah, fantasy is a swiftly moving current.  Never thought I would ever say I would bench Wilson in favor of Winston. But its looking like that is about to happen.

I feel dirty.  I might even have to start Bortles or Smith this week, while the TB QB carousel is on bye.  Maybe I should make a gif of ME eating one of those "W"s , like Winston did in Hard Knocks.   :thumbup:

TZM
Wilson has a habit of heating up second half of the season.  I’d bench him for plenty of guys when he’s slumping but keep him rostered. 

Bortles did the same thing last year actually.  He was very startable for the last half of the season all the way through the fantasy playoffs

Id roster either with Winston and play the hot hand/matchups

Wilson has a habit of heating up second half of the season.  I’d bench him for plenty of guys when he’s slumping but keep him rostered. 

Bortles did the same thing last year actually.  He was very startable for the last half of the season all the way through the fantasy playoffs

Id roster either with Winston and play the hot hand/matchups
For sure on Bortles.   I mentioned it either in this thread, or the Fitzmagic thread.  I actually rostered Bortles 2 times in the last 2 seasons, and BOTH TIMES he was a late season pickup.  He also helped me win 2 championships in those 2 leagues I picked him up. (Err, not saying he was the exact reason why..... but he helped and filled in nicely over the other lackluster QBs I was starting prior)

I mentioned earlier in this thread (or maybe it was the Fitzpatrick thread), Winston has a very strong schedule in weeks 10-14. Judging from that defense, they might be in comeback mode damn near every week. But I will for sure be rolling him out those weeks.

I also mentioned his weeks 15 and 16 schedule. (@BAL and @DAL)  I don't like those fantasy playoffs matchups, but like I alluded to, I need to get there first.

I won't be dropping Wilson, but Winston has the recipe working to be one Hell of a play for that stretch and help many owners get to the playoffs.

I'm going to find out on this one.  :thumbup:

TZM

Ya QB is a deep position but the TB schedule down the stretch looks like the stuff of a championship run as far as fantasy QB production

Ya QB is a deep position but the TB schedule down the stretch looks like the stuff of a championship run as far as fantasy QB production
The only thing that has my spidey sense tingling was everyone was saying the same thing a couple years ago when he faced NO twice in the fantasy playoffs. As I recall, he didn't do much.

I'm not putting too much stock in SoS at this point. But I am looking at the fact that he is now running the offense with all those weapons that produced three straight 400-yard games for Fitz to start the season.

Only real question is how things might change with Jameis in there. Fewer deep shots, presumably. Bump Brate and downgrade DJax. But overall, I think they can continue to produce. I'm planning on pairing him with Luck and seeing how the next few weeks shake out. Don't like to carry two QBs if I can avoid it but they both have big potential with a bunch of question marks hanging over them.

Not if you retained Jeff Fisher as coach, you wouldn't.  
If I stepped into a GM job with that guy at HC, he'd be the first one gone and then anyone he hired. 

Their pass coverage is horrendous. I can't even imagine how they can looks so bad. It's mind-boggling.

But as long as they just don't give up on the season, it does ensure positive game scripts for Winston.
You think it's bad now. If they make the mistake of signing this guy to a big $ contract, they will not only stink on D, they won't be able to keep all their skill position guys. They will look like Seattle. You can get any ham & egger QB to perform with this O.

If I stepped into a GM job with that guy at HC, he'd be the first one gone and then anyone he hired. 

You think it's bad now. If they make the mistake of signing this guy to a big $ contract, they will not only stink on D, they won't be able to keep all their skill position guys. They will look like Seattle. You can get any ham & egger QB to perform with this O.
All their skill position guys, other than DeSean, are either on their rookie deals or signed to extensions. 

Users who are viewing this thread