Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

QB Jameis Winston, NO


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

Sacks and return TDs dont really matter to passing defense in terms of fantasy point production. Defenses can return TDs and get sacks and fumble and the QB can still light them up. Now while that will matter if they pick off Winston or Recover his fumbles, the point remains their defense is easier to pass on than run on...by a wide wide wide margin.

Got to disagree with you there, sacks have a lot to do with QB play.  Winston has been pretty erratic in the past under pressure. 

Like I said I am starting him just wouldn't be surprised to see a bad game just as I wouldn't be surprised if I saw 300 yrds and 3 Tds

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, in2win said:

Got to disagree with you there, sacks have a lot to do with QB play.  Winston has been pretty erratic in the past under pressure. 

Like I said I am starting him just wouldn't be surprised to see a bad game just as I wouldn't be surprised if I saw 300 yrds and 3 Tds

He’s #1 in the nfl agaisnt the blitz. 86% completion percentage 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, in2win said:

Got to disagree with you there, sacks have a lot to do with QB play.  Winston has been pretty erratic in the past under pressure. 

Like I said I am starting him just wouldn't be surprised to see a bad game just as I wouldn't be surprised if I saw 300 yrds and 3 Tds

The secondary is bad and Lattimore has given up the most yards to a WR, regardless of how many points the Saints D has in your NFL.com league. They still allowed the 3rd most points to QBs, and thats including all the sacks they have. Sacks have nothing to do with fantasy football QB stats, it can effect a few drop backs obviously, but it doesnt give them negatives and it doesnt mean they wont throw for TDs and yards. He can get sacked 5 times and still throw for 300 and 3, like he virtually has.

I know, you are starting him.

 

Edited by tackle for loss
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Wrigley said:

QB desperate

 

I can have him for Gore or Coleman

 

Who/why?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jesus that's crazy cheap.

In my league last year, Mahomes finished the year QB1 with 445 points, Matt Ryan was second at 378.  

Fitzpatrick and Winston combined for 422.

TB QB is a pretty nice fantasy asset.  Right now that's Winston, with no competition in sight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

His last ten games after being benched in 2018 against the Bengals:

3,030 yards. 22 TDs. 9 INTs. 109 QBR. 

Pretty solid average baseline there. Keep it up, Jameis.
 

This is a big game early in the season. He hasn’t shown up for the few big games the Bucs have had in the past.

 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wrigley said:

His RB desperation may be worse then my QB desperation

Mostert might be a better back than Coleman when it all comes out of the wash, anyway. Just whether Shanny wants to use him over the guy he knows from Atlanta. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

His last ten games after being benched in 2018 against the Bengals:

3,030 yards. 22 TDs. 9 INTs. 109 QBR

Pretty solid average baseline there. Keep it up, Jameis.
 

This is a big game early in the season. He hasn’t shown up for the few big games the Bucs have had in the past.

 

:confused: 

QBR goes from 0 to 100, so how does one get to 109? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Wrigley said:

Done deal

Gore/Dalton for Winston/AP

 

 

Nice.

Opinions seem to be all over the board on this guy but IMO he's got a pretty good shot to be a top 5 fantasy QB.  And that might even be conservative with Brees Rothlisberger Luck out of the picture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, davearm said:

Nice.

Opinions seem to be all over the board on this guy but IMO he's got a pretty good shot to be a top 5 fantasy QB.  And that might even be conservative with Brees Rothlisberger Luck out of the picture.

I’ll be happy with top 10

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The problem with Winston , in my experience , is that you’ll bench him last week (he went off) then you’ll play him this week (he will suck). Thats been my experience.

 

And I fell for it again this yr and drafted him. And I benched him last week and starting him this week    🙄

This.

 

It's why I finally avoided him this year, even though he was as a tempting this pre-season with Arians on board and Godwin + Howard(lol) emerging.

 

He's a great DFS QB though, play him in a couple of tournament lineups every week and you'll get some big games from him and his wr's. 

Edited by Nucker101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The problem with Winston , in my experience , is that you’ll bench him last week (he went off) then you’ll play him this week (he will suck). Thats been my experience.

 

And I fell for it again this yr and drafted him. And I benched him last week and starting him this week    🙄

Exactly.  Hes done this his whole career.  Maybe this year will be different  but I will believe it when I see it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If he can get through the season without those momentum-crushing mental errors resurfacing, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. He's always been like a crazy girlfriend - when it's good, it's great. When it's bad, all four of your tires are slashed and everything you own is scattered on the front lawn.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Capella said:

He didn’t play bad but also didn’t do anything to elevate them up. Just meh. Tough game. 

Also, next game against the Saints he’s probably going to need to keep his head on a swivel after this. 
https://twitter.com/joecaygle/status/1180952870948147207?s=21

Edited by Henry Ford
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, tackle for loss said:

He got 22 points. Fairly reasonable, not lighting the world on fire, but he got 2 scores and no TOs

Rodgers had 9 and Rivers had 4 on my bench.

So, disaster? No. He just was average. He didnt put up Watson numbers. 

It was ugly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Jameis Winston completed 30-of-54 passes for 400 yards with a touchdown and five interceptions.

He also took seven sacks and lost a fumble. Winston was awful in this one, though not all the interceptions were on him. His only touchdown was a wide open red-zone throw to Cameron Brate. Winston had been on a tear, with a 10:2 TD/INT ratio over his last four games. The Bucs are on bye next week, but Winston will have a shy-away matchup with the Titans in Week 8.

:X

Edited by The Frankman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Your typical down game from Winston after a brief run of good games. Nothing to see here folks, par for the course. You know this is what he does and you accepted these games when you acquired him.

Also coincided with the entire right side of the line going down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The O-line is terrible and Jameis could be the worst QB in the league behind a bad line.  He just isn't the QB to have back there getting sacked 7 times.  I'm actually surprised he hasn't been injured.  I'd expect an injury to pop up here shortly and the Bucs will burry him on ir until the end of the season.

The one to luke kuechly was horrendous.

Mike Evans may have had some fault in the first one, you gotta come to the ball.  Evans and OJ both dropped a few passes that them right in the hands. 

Godwin & Brate were the only positives on O imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

The O-line is terrible and Jameis could be the worst QB in the league behind a bad line.  He just isn't the QB to have back there getting sacked 7 times.  I'm actually surprised he hasn't been injured.  I'd expect an injury to pop up here shortly and the Bucs will burry him on ir until the end of the season.

The one to luke kuechly was horrendous.

Mike Evans may have had some fault in the first one, you gotta come to the ball.  Evans and OJ both dropped a few passes that them right in the hands. 

Godwin & Brate were the only positives on O imo.

I think there were 2 Mike didn’t fight for. First and last maybe? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said Jameis Winston has a "habit of trying to be Superman."

Winston threw for 400 yards Sunday in London but hamstrung the offense with his six turnovers including a career-worst five interceptions. Arians said he told Winston to "throw the damn ball away" while lamenting the quarterback's affinity for hero ball. "You’re not going to beat anybody with seven turnovers," said Arians, referring to Winston's six giveaways and another by Bobo Wilson, who coughed up a fumble in the loss to Carolina. "You've got to protect the football," Winston agreed. "I can't have that happen." Through six weeks, only Cleveland's Baker Mayfield (11) has thrown more picks than Winston (10).

SOURCE: The Athletic

Oct 14, 2019, 9:37 AM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, lod001 said:

Has there ever been a worse 1-2 pick in the NFL draft? Both the Bucs and the Titans drafted colossal busts and wasted the careers of everyone else on the team for 5 years each. Now both need to start over and try and find a QB in the draft.

What’s kind of funny (well, not if you’re a fan of either team) is that they’re failing for opposite reasons. Winston is overly aggressive and turns the ball over way too much because he makes poor decisions, Mariota is overly conservative and doesn’t do enough to help his team or make the defense defend the deep parts of the field.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, leave a whisper said:

as someone who starts Evans & Godwin weekly - I am afraid Jameis will get benched before the end of season (he isn't great but no one on their current roster is a better QB)

I think Arians hitched his horse to Jameis's star a long time ago and that Arians even being there is part of an ego stroke that he can indeed get the best out of a very talented yet volatile quarterback. I think that unless Jameis has over four turnovers plus in a game that he won't get benched. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think Arians hitched his horse to Jameis's star a long time ago and that Arians even being there is part of an ego stroke that he can indeed get the best out of a very talented yet volatile quarterback. I think that unless Jameis has over four six turnovers plus in a game that he won't get benched. 

FTFY.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to QB Jameis Winston, NO

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...