Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

QB Jameis Winston, NO


Recommended Posts

On 12/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, wgoldsph said:

Advanced sort of f(x) stuff about his game doesn't seem to bode well for him from what I've seen. As I've mentioned before in the thread the Deep Ball Project comes to mind.

Dead last for 2018-18, much higher in 2017.

I don't know what it tells us, but it tells us something. 

Edited by rockaction
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, SproutDaddy said:

To each his own.  But considering who we are talking about........

Some sportrac guy estimated his FA value at 25M a year so he’s going to get paid no matter what. I guess it doesn’t matter who reports it, it’s going to happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Capella said:

Some sportrac guy estimated his FA value at 25M a year so he’s going to get paid no matter what. I guess it doesn’t matter who reports it, it’s going to happen. 

Yeah, Cousins reset the market and everyone else will follow until somebody like Dak does again, and then it'll fall into place for these guys.

Unless, of course, they accept the franchise tags willingly without using holdouts as leverage against the bargaining power of the employer. Personally, I just don't see any easy way out for the players or the owners. If they're spending to cap, it's not that the owners are cheap, they're concerned with cap allocation. 

I think the owners are desperately trying to get the market and cap structure away from being so QB-centric, but it won't be, and it isn't, and until the CBA comes around, the winning way is still a first-deal quarterback with great pieces around him, or Tom Brady and that ugly display of football that they call the Patriots. God, winning never looked so five yard dunk ugly.

Edited by rockaction
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

Jameis Winston (right thumb, knee) is questionable for the Buccaneers' Week 17 matchup against the Falcons.

Winston is fully expected to suit up after practicing in full on Thursday and Friday. Winston still managed to score 18 fantasy points last week during his four-interception effort. The problem is the league's most pass-happy QB doesn't have the world's easiest matchup against a Falcons defense that has been playing much better since their Week 9 bye, and it's tough to expect a true 'boom' performance from Winston with both Mike Evans (hamstring, IR) and Chris Godwin (hamstring, out) again sidelined.

SOURCE: Jenna Laine on Twitter

Dec 27, 2019, 4:55 PM ET

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, icehouse said:

He finished 2nd in QB scoring in my league, which gives 6 per td and only -1 for turnovers. I know most leagues use -2 for turnovers, but I would think most were satisfied with him in fantasy this year, especially considering weeks 14 and 15?

He  was QB-3 in one of my leagues behind Dak and Lamar.  It's a complicated scoring system but -10 for an INT and only +5 for a TD,  0.225 points per passing yard with 15 bonus points at 300 yards, -0.333 points per passing attempt and +0.5 per completion.

He took me to the title game but I fell short.  He was a great fantasy QB this year, hard to argue against that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grahamburn said:

Fitting end to the season. 

However, if the kicker makes a couple field goals Jameis is taking a knee at the end of that game.  :shrug:

Exactly. Yes the pick was egregious, but he should have never been in that situation. The kicker missed 3 if I remember correctly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Exactly. Yes the pick was egregious, but he should have never been in that situation. The kicker missed 3 if I remember correctly. 

You're right.  But there were still 29 other occasions.  6 others that went to the endzone if I'm not mistaken. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Grahamburn said:

Fitting end to the season. 

However, if the kicker makes a couple field goals Jameis is taking a knee at the end of that game.  :shrug:

Doesn't matter if he shouldn't have been in that position. The Bucs are lucky he was. When they start thinking about wasting more $, they will have this incredibly bad pass, that ended the season, to remember. It's going to be near impossible to forget that one. This one was embarrassing beyond belief.

Matt Gay may very well have saved the Bucs from wasting another year & another $27 milllion plus on a bust of a QB. Those missed allowed them to possible finally get it through their thick heads what a disaster it would be to pay this guy more $ for more INTs. 

Pay him, Gruden. There would be nothing more entertaining in 2020 than a match made in hell of Gruden & Winston. The sneers as he comes back to the sidelines after another pick-6 would be gold, Jerry, gold. I do hope he can continue this clown show elsewhere. Wouldn't really mind CHI either since he would be able to get the ball to Miller for some TDs to match the Pick-6s.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lod001 said:

Doesn't matter if he shouldn't have been in that position. The Bucs are lucky he was. When they start thinking about wasting more $, they will have this incredibly bad pass, that ended the season, to remember. It's going to be near impossible to forget that one. This one was embarrassing beyond belief.

Matt Gay may very well have saved the Bucs from wasting another year & another $27 milllion plus on a bust of a QB. Those missed allowed them to possible finally get it through their thick heads what a disaster it would be to pay this guy more $ for more INTs. 

Pay him, Gruden. There would be nothing more entertaining in 2020 than a match made in hell of Gruden & Winston. The sneers as he comes back to the sidelines after another pick-6 would be gold, Jerry, gold. I do hope he can continue this clown show elsewhere. Wouldn't really mind CHI either since he would be able to get the ball to Miller for some TDs to match the Pick-6s.

If the Bucs drop him he wont be starting anywhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has there ever been a QB who had SUCH a Turnover start first 5 years and turned it around? Not like this is year one or two... but the arm talent is undeniable.  I know some guys were early busts then blossom late career (Plunkett, Gannon), but this is an extended run with a consistent outcome of INTs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Bucs coach Bruce Arians expects to reach a decision on Jameis Winston's future with the team in a "couple weeks."

"You look at it and there’s so much good and so much outright terrible,'' Arians said of Winston's play on Sunday evening. He was even more aggressive on Monday when asked if he could win with another quarterback. "Oh yeah. If we can win with this one, we can definitely win with another one, too." As you already know, Winston posted a 33:30 TD:INT total this season while throwing for the eighth most yards in league history (5,109). Winston's turnovers are partly a function of far more down-field aggression than most QBs, but as Arians alludes to, many more are simply the result of terrible decision-making. Anything will be possible in Tampa this offseason.

SOURCE: Rick Stroud on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 1:45 PM ET

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For all the great throws he makes (and he can make every throw) the passes that ended the last two games are what makes it tough to count on him. He’s been staring down receivers and D’s jump routes.  Usually it’s short over the middle or short down and outs. If he could just clean that up he could be a viable starter in this league. But it’s a big if.  Arians may just be negotiating as I’m not sure what his options are. Team is too far along to rebuild with a rookie 

Edited by Judge Smails
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

Team is too far along to rebuild with a rookie 

Bucs would probably miss the best window as far as utilizing their WR/TEs in their prime but other than that I don't really agree with this statement. The defense is Swiss cheese. No household name at RB. Oline is unimpressive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Bucs would probably miss the best window as far as utilizing their WR/TEs in their prime but other than that I don't really agree with this statement. The defense is Swiss cheese. No household name at RB. Oline is unimpressive.

Defense finished 5th in DVOA. They were really good the second half. They’ll take a back in the draft. Oline is fine-ish. Team could win 9-10 next year with good qb play and a decent kicker. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Bucs would probably miss the best window as far as utilizing their WR/TEs in their prime but other than that I don't really agree with this statement. The defense is Swiss cheese. No household name at RB. Oline is unimpressive.

With the QB turning it over that many times they were a few placekicks away from 9-7. A blown call in Tennessee from 10-6... 

They aren’t that far away from playoff contention+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Capella said:

Virtually no chance he doesn’t. And he’ll get over 20M. 

Lol, please give me a list of those teams. Out of the nfc there's the panthers and bucs. I'd say Newton will be back. In the AFC there's the Dolphins, Bengals, Chargers and Jags. So 4 teams and Dalton and the rookie qbs take those spots. You're living in a dream world. Nobody is signing a 35 turnover qb to 20 million a year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Joe Bryant changed the title to QB Jameis Winston, NO

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...