What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (9 Viewers)

I would love if he stayed at FSU another year, but he will likely be a guaranteed top 5 pick next draft.
no way. Too risky, character flaws are abundant.
A team will fall in love with Winston and he will be a top five pick. Stealing crab legs and and yelling fhritp is not enough to stop him from being a top five pick.
Oh and the whole alleged rape thing. Kids a punk and if I were a GM I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
The alleged victim had another man's semen in her panties and on her shorts and a member of FSU cleat chasers. She insinuated she was drugged but no drugs found in her system. She stated she was clubbed in the head but no physical evidence to prove that.
Let me set you s"craight.Youve obviously not read the police reports...as I have. She had another mans DNA (not semen) on her clothing. So what...what does that matter anyway if she had a boyfriend. You insinuate since she had sex with someone else he is just "ENTITLED" to get his too. Her blood work was conveniently held by the law enforcement for more than 40 days (which is past what GHB would testing would be useless). Instead of the 3 days to test they sat on the blood work. Are you aware of the SANE nurses diagnosis of "forced rape" which was also erased during the TPD press conference? Why? Because SANE nurse diagnosis is virtually 100% convicted. Let me know how many investigators make a PHONE CALL to investigate a rape case...and then are told Ive got baseball practice I cant talk to you now. Do they also make PHONE CALLS to investigate murder cases. FSU/TPD and the scum bag rapist are as sleezy as they come. How many times would not arrest a person when they changed their story from I wasnt there to it was consensual AFTER the DNA test came back identifying him as not only being there but being "involved" with her. Im not even saying he is guilty at this point...but that he should have been charged. Sorry to burst your bubble of FSU BS but has FSU done the required by 90 days title IX investigation yet? No they just started because HE was uncooperative. Good luck with the FBI on that one...it worked well for Penn St. By FSU's own code of conduct he should have been IMMEDIATELY expelled from the school for pleading the 5th as a student (cough cough). You can do that in a criminal trial but it doesnt apply for title ix at a public university. He has to answer period to his own school. Which he never has. I could go on and on but lets just say he is a punk and they are dirty as they always are in Tally.
Her urine was tested for over 170 drugs including ghb and all the results were negative. The sexual assault description is based on the alleged victim's statement not the findings of the examination. Her attorney and aunt is a personal injury attorney trying a criminal case,this is about as bad as Tyson using a tax attorney to defend him in his rape case. I smell a civil lawsuit.

Speaking of changing their story, one day she states the suspect is 5'9-5'11 and the next day he's 6'2. You meet a guy in a bar and you don't get his name but you get in a cab with three men you don't know and go back to the suspect's apartment. Her female and male friend at the bar didn't find her behavior to be anything out of the normal. She's stated that she was blacking out but was able to text coherently throughout this time. Before the results were back, why did her attorney tell the police that the DNA on the clothing might not be from her boyfriend because the alleged victim and the female friend at the bar wore each other's clothing? The female friend denied wearing the alleged victim's clothing.

Meggs, the state attorney is known to be tough on FSU athletes. He tried another FSU football player with rape and the all female jury found him innocent in 30 minutes.
Really...the date on the test is obvious....37 days to test urine and blood. None of which was for GHB, the date rape drug. Why would she be confused...well lets see GHB. Additionally he has another girl with a similar story already in crisis counselling. Nice guy. She must have been a cleat chaser too. Have you ever seen a girl drugged by GHB...as someone in the medical field I have...and it fits the scenario to a "t", Absolutely NO law enforcement agency sits on blood and urine samples for 37 days. Just let that sink in....

Since she has retained Kobe Bryants attorney in Denver to pursue a title ix violation Im sure youll be happy about her high dollar lawyer. Her aunt handled the case because most college kids dont have big money or big money behind them. However, apparently Winston has also retained a high dollar attorney in Atlanta who handles all the athletes and NOT PRO BONO. SO who is paying this attorney? He isnt taking it for free. Who? Winstons South Alabama parents...or boosters?

Lets just get back on topic. Greg Dent...your senior receiver at FSU....forced himself on his OWN GIRLFRIEND. She claimed sexual assault...he was arrested THE NEXT DAY. No DNA test...no changing story. No SANE nurse diagnosis of forced rape...no cleat chaser BS. He was cuffed and stuffed and went for trial the next day. Why...because he wasnt the number one qb in the country. You think a 20 year booster in Detective Angulo would know who WInston was? A guy who had job applications to do security for FSU. Thats who the TPD sent over there? Why not send his parents to do the investigation. The first DA before Meggs, Cappleman, her dad played qb at FSU...nice. It is like CLetus and Boss Hogg doing the detective work. How do you explain concurrent bruises on the BOTTOM of her feet? Ive been barefoot my whole life as a kid and never bruised the BOTTOM of my feet. However kicking a big dumb rapist off me would certainly bruise my feet but other than that I have a very hard time explaining that little fact. Now on to enough evidence to charge...really...she claimed rape, went to the ER THAT NIGHT. Got a rape screen (which is not very pleasant). Her diagnosis is enough right there. She identified a freshman football player named Chris as involved. So if I look at last years roster...one freshman football player named Chris. Detective Angulo couldnt find Chris. Couldnt find him...or didnt want to find him...which is it? I think it is obvious.

ON to title ix...since this involves two Nolie students the school was obligated under title ix to investigate and report within 90 days....regardless of the criminal case. So now 1 a year and a half later the AD and interim President understand they now have minorly a serial liar and majorly a person who has no inkling respect for women or authority. They have never got a statement from him even now....yet he takes a public full ride scholarship. Imagine a unquestioned potential rapist living in a dorm with your daughter. He basically tells the cops to get lost (and they do) and tells the school officials to get lost. Does this guy still exist on campus or is he expelled? He is immediately gone. No scholarship, no football...no school (as if he ever intended to get an education). Sorry...its just the facts.

How about a three time Pulitzer prize winning investigative reporter from the NY Times calling the investigation laughable. A former 60 minutes producer even. And how can you possibly be stupid enough to bring a gun on campus (and of course not be arrested). How can you have a cops gun drawn because you didnt listen and put to your head...only to get up...dust yourself off and then 4 hours later shoot out several thousand dollars of windows on campus? If I had a cop stick a gun to my head I go home and call it a night...not laugh it off and continue the same lawless behavior. SO who paid for the windows in 48 hours for him and Casher? I guess theyre rich college kids huh? But since the Noles are under scrutiny now it seems Casher has gone to collections because he couldnt come up with $6oo to pay for traffic violations in 4 MONTHS. Lets see $2000 in 48 hours...but cant do $600 in 4 months now that the money train has come undone.

So what happened to the FSU story of all the autograph seekers harassing the rapist in Publix...the cop asking for his autograph and he "forgot" to pay because he was in a hurry. It didnt look like what the Nole fan base said when the video came out did it. Unless he was looking at womens hygeine products for some reason he looked unaccosted, unnoticed and like a prototypical shop lifter. I could go on and on about this phony and this school whose prior title included a Sports Illustrated cover called "Tainted Title" but Im done.

Good luck with the feds and that feral you have at qb. I look forward to the 30 for 30 on ESPN about him as an incarcerated serial rapist and the University getting the Sandusky like treatment from the NCAA. Its coming soon dont you worry.

I would love if he stayed at FSU another year, but he will likely be a guaranteed top 5 pick next draft.
A team will fall in love with Winston and he will be a top five pick. Stealing crab legs and and yelling fhritp is not enough to stop him from being a top five pick.
Oh and the whole alleged rape thing. Kids a punk and if I were a GM I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
The alleged victim had another man's semen in her panties and on her shorts and a member of FSU cleat chasers. She insinuated she was drugged but no drugs found in her system. She stated she was clubbed in the head but no physical evidence to prove that.
Let me set you s"craight.Youve obviously not read the police reports...as I have. She had another mans DNA (not semen) on her clothing. So what...what does that matter anyway if she had a boyfriend. You insinuate since she had sex with someone else he is just "ENTITLED" to get his too. Her blood work was conveniently held by the law enforcement for more than 40 days (which is past what GHB would testing would be useless). Instead of the 3 days to test they sat on the blood work. Are you aware of the SANE nurses diagnosis of "forced rape" which was also erased during the TPD press conference? Why? Because SANE nurse diagnosis is virtually 100% convicted. Let me know how many investigators make a PHONE CALL to investigate a rape case...and then are told Ive got baseball practice I cant talk to you now. Do they also make PHONE CALLS to investigate murder cases. FSU/TPD and the scum bag rapist are as sleezy as they come. How many times would not arrest a person when they changed their story from I wasnt there to it was consensual AFTER the DNA test came back identifying him as not only being there but being "involved" with her. Im not even saying he is guilty at this point...but that he should have been charged. Sorry to burst your bubble of FSU BS but has FSU done the required by 90 days title IX investigation yet? No they just started because HE was uncooperative. Good luck with the FBI on that one...it worked well for Penn St. By FSU's own code of conduct he should have been IMMEDIATELY expelled from the school for pleading the 5th as a student (cough cough). You can do that in a criminal trial but it doesnt apply for title ix at a public university. He has to answer period to his own school. Which he never has. I could go on and on but lets just say he is a punk and they are dirty as they always are in Tally.
Her urine was tested for over 170 drugs including ghb and all the results were negative. The sexual assault description is based on the alleged victim's statement not the findings of the examination. Her attorney and aunt is a personal injury attorney trying a criminal case,this is about as bad as Tyson using a tax attorney to defend him in his rape case. I smell a civil lawsuit.

Speaking of changing their story, one day she states the suspect is 5'9-5'11 and the next day he's 6'2. You meet a guy in a bar and you don't get his name but you get in a cab with three men you don't know and go back to the suspect's apartment. Her female and male friend at the bar didn't find her behavior to be anything out of the normal. She's stated that she was blacking out but was able to text coherently throughout this time. Before the results were back, why did her attorney tell the police that the DNA on the clothing might not be from her boyfriend because the alleged victim and the female friend at the bar wore each other's clothing? The female friend denied wearing the alleged victim's clothing.

Meggs, the state attorney is known to be tough on FSU athletes. He tried another FSU football player with rape and the all female jury found him innocent in 30 minutes.
Really...the date on the test is obvious....37 days to test urine and blood. None of which was for GHB, the date rape drug. Why would she be confused...well lets see GHB. Additionally he has another girl with a similar story already in crisis counselling. Nice guy. She must have been a cleat chaser too. Have you ever seen a girl drugged by GHB...as someone in the medical field I have...and it fits the scenario to a "t", Absolutely NO law enforcement agency sits on blood and urine samples for 37 days. Just let that sink in....

Since she has retained Kobe Bryants attorney in Denver to pursue a title ix violation Im sure youll be happy about her high dollar lawyer. Her aunt handled the case because most college kids dont have big money or big money behind them. However, apparently Winston has also retained a high dollar attorney in Atlanta who handles all the athletes and NOT PRO BONO. SO who is paying this attorney? He isnt taking it for free. Who? Winstons South Alabama parents...or boosters?

Lets just get back on topic. Greg Dent...your senior receiver at FSU....forced himself on his OWN GIRLFRIEND. She claimed sexual assault...he was arrested THE NEXT DAY. No DNA test...no changing story. No SANE nurse diagnosis of forced rape...no cleat chaser BS. He was cuffed and stuffed and went for trial the next day. Why...because he wasnt the number one qb in the country. You think a 20 year booster in Detective Angulo would know who WInston was? A guy who had job applications to do security for FSU. Thats who the TPD sent over there? Why not send his parents to do the investigation. The first DA before Meggs, Cappleman, her dad played qb at FSU...nice. It is like CLetus and Boss Hogg doing the detective work. How do you explain concurrent bruises on the BOTTOM of her feet? Ive been barefoot my whole life as a kid and never bruised the BOTTOM of my feet. However kicking a big dumb rapist off me would certainly bruise my feet but other than that I have a very hard time explaining that little fact. Now on to enough evidence to charge...really...she claimed rape, went to the ER THAT NIGHT. Got a rape screen (which is not very pleasant). Her diagnosis is enough right there. She identified a freshman football player named Chris as involved. So if I look at last years roster...one freshman football player named Chris. Detective Angulo couldnt find Chris. Couldnt find him...or didnt want to find him...which is it? I think it is obvious.

ON to title ix...since this involves two Nolie students the school was obligated under title ix to investigate and report within 90 days....regardless of the criminal case. So now 1 a year and a half later the AD and interim President understand they now have minorly a serial liar and majorly a person who has no inkling respect for women or authority. They have never got a statement from him even now....yet he takes a public full ride scholarship. Imagine a unquestioned potential rapist living in a dorm with your daughter. He basically tells the cops to get lost (and they do) and tells the school officials to get lost. Does this guy still exist on campus or is he expelled? He is immediately gone. No scholarship, no football...no school (as if he ever intended to get an education). Sorry...its just the facts.

How about a three time Pulitzer prize winning investigative reporter from the NY Times calling the investigation laughable. A former 60 minutes producer even. And how can you possibly be stupid enough to bring a gun on campus (and of course not be arrested). How can you have a cops gun drawn because you didnt listen and put to your head...only to get up...dust yourself off and then 4 hours later shoot out several thousand dollars of windows on campus? If I had a cop stick a gun to my head I go home and call it a night...not laugh it off and continue the same lawless behavior. SO who paid for the windows in 48 hours for him and Casher? I guess theyre rich college kids huh? But since the Noles are under scrutiny now it seems Casher has gone to collections because he couldnt come up with $6oo to pay for traffic violations in 4 MONTHS. Lets see $2000 in 48 hours...but cant do $600 in 4 months now that the money train has come undone.

So what happened to the FSU story of all the autograph seekers harassing the rapist in Publix...the cop asking for his autograph and he "forgot" to pay because he was in a hurry. It didnt look like what the Nole fan base said when the video came out did it. Unless he was looking at womens hygeine products for some reason he looked unaccosted, unnoticed and like a prototypical shop lifter. I could go on and on about this phony and this school whose prior title included a Sports Illustrated cover called "Tainted Title" but Im done.

Good luck with the feds and that feral you have at qb. I look forward to the 30 for 30 on ESPN about him as an incarcerated serial rapist and the University getting the Sandusky like treatment from the NCAA. Its coming soon dont you worry.
lolol...that is a pretty comprehensive account...whatever dumb team picks this dikhead up is going to be set back 5 years.

Stealing the crablegs in and of themselves is totally idiotic and a disqualifier for being the #1 or the #20 pick.

Her urine was tested for over 170 drugs including ghb and all the results were negative. The sexual assault description is based on the alleged victim's statement not the findings of the examination. Her attorney and aunt is a personal injury attorney trying a criminal case,this is about as bad as Tyson using a tax attorney to defend him in his rape case. I smell a civil lawsuit.Speaking of changing their story, one day she states the suspect is 5'9-5'11 and the next day he's 6'2. You meet a guy in a bar and you don't get his name but you get in a cab with three men you don't know and go back to the suspect's apartment. Her female and male friend at the bar didn't find her behavior to be anything out of the normal. She's stated that she was blacking out but was able to text coherently throughout this time. Before the results were back, why did her attorney tell the police that the DNA on the clothing might not be from her boyfriend because the alleged victim and the female friend at the bar wore each other's clothing? The female friend denied wearing the alleged victim's clothing.

Really...the date on the test is obvious....37 days to test urine and blood. None of which was for GHB, the date rape drug. Why would she be confused...well lets see GHB. Additionally he has another girl with a similar story already in crisis counselling. Nice guy. She must have been a cleat chaser too. Have you ever seen a girl drugged by GHB...as someone in the medical field I have...and it fits the scenario to a "t", Absolutely NO law enforcement agency sits on blood and urine samples for 37 days. Just let that sink in....Since she has retained Kobe Bryants attorney in Denver to pursue a title ix violation Im sure youll be happy about her high dollar lawyer. Her aunt handled the case because most college kids dont have big money or big money behind them. However, apparently Winston has also retained a high dollar attorney in Atlanta who handles all the athletes and NOT PRO BONO. SO who is paying this attorney? He isnt taking it for free. Who? Winstons South Alabama parents...or boosters?

My God this is filled with so many inaccuracies and misguided assumptions I literally don't even know where to start. My two favorites:1) saying the police covered up the rape for him because he was "the 1 QB in the country" while he was the third-string QB for a team that finished 11th nationally during the year of the incident.

2) saying Winston's "south Alabama" parents couldn't afford an attorney, as if that makes any sense. Clearly all people from south Alabama are poor and nobody in any of those families ever made any kind of money.

Also the lawyer could be working based off a future fee structure, but \_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw they didn't start the title IX investigation until recently because the accuser didn't cooperate with school requests to interview her. She had to initiate it. But continue on with your inaccuracies, it's fascinating to read.

Btw they didn't start the title IX investigation until recently because the accuser didn't cooperate with school requests to interview her. She had to initiate it. But continue on with your inaccuracies, it's fascinating to read.
College football season started so now is the time.

LOL

YOU GUYS DO REALIZE HE GOT INTO STANFORD RIGHT?!?!
That's no particular accomplishment. It's an open campus - anyone can walk in.

Peyton Manning is Lucky Social Media Wasn't Around in 1996 When He Allegedly Sat on a Female Trainer's Face

http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/18/peyton-manning-1996-tennessee-lawsuit-trainer-bare-butt-mooning/

Let’s start here: What Jameis Winston did on Florida State’s campus this week was wrong, for multiple reasons. He’s easily the most high-profile member of the student body. Winston won the Heisman Trophy last year, led the Seminoles to the National Championship, and is projected to be a 1st round pick in the 2015 NFL draft, assuming he enters.

He’s also 20 years old, and the idiocy of immature, 20-year old college kids knows no bounds. But Florida State was right – Winston is an ambassador to the University, one who is regularly on television. When he’s standing up on campus shouting obscene things – internet memes or not – that’s a horrible look for the school and Seminoles. His two-quarter suspension was warranted.

As a reminder of how dumb college kids can be, here’s an old story about Peyton Manning – clean cut Peyton Manning! – from his days at Tennessee. One thing to remember: this happened in 1996, when Manning, then a junior, was the star QB for the Volunteers. These were the very early days of the internet. Surely you remember: AOL dial-up, Netscape, chat rooms.

Social media wasn’t a glimmer in the eye of Silicon Valley.

The setting: The Vols training room. Peyton wrote in his book, Manning: A Father, His Sons, a Football Legacy, a “track athlete” made a remark, and he mooned the athlete. He “didn’t think the [female] trainer would see” but when she did, “it seemed like something she’d have laughed at, considering” the locker room environment.

“Crude maybe, but harmless,” were his words. (FSU fans may argue that quote applies to Winston’s explicit comment, except that Manning hadn’t been investigated for rape.)

Manning, for whatever reason, also added in the book that the trainer had a “vulgar mouth.” The trainer, however, told a different version of events in a court filing.

she was examining Manning to see why Manning was having pain in one of his feet and was crouched behind him when “entirely unprovoked, Peyton Manning decided to pull down his shorts and sit on Dr. Naughright’s head and face.”
As Naughright described it in a deposition entered into the court record: “It was the gluteus maximus, the rectum, the #### and the area in between the ####. And all that was on my face when I pushed him up. … To get leverage, I took my head out to push him up and off.”
Before you downplay it as a he said/she said, let the record show that the track athlete Manning claimed to have mooned wrote the QB a letter in 2002 saying, “you might as well maintain some dignity and admit what happened … do the right thing here.” Within hours of the incident, the trainer reported it to the Sexual Assault Crisis Center in Knoxville. She reached a settlement with the University in 1997 and left Knoxville.

Why is any of this relevant? In 2001, she was the program director of the Athletic Training Educational Program at Florida Southern College. In 2002, Manning’s book came out and the “vulgar” label hit the trainer. She lost her job as the program director.

Manning settled out of court with the trainer in 2003. She came after Manning again in 2005 after he violated the settlement by talking to ESPN about it.

In 1996, this story doesn’t get out. Even in 2002 the court filing got some attention, but nothing like it would have in 2014.

To recap: College kids have always done really stupid things, and will continue to. In the past, some (many?) got away with things that they’d be crucified for in 2014.
And so what does this mean for Jameis in your mind?

What, did you think you have to crack it open like a safe?

Jameis Winston and the Angry White People Who Would Definitely Do Things Differently Than Him Because They Would Just Be Thankful For The Opportunity Thread

Jameis Winston and the Angry White People Who Would Definitely Do Things Differently Than Him Because They Would Just Be Thankful For The Opportunity Thread
I think you'll find the people slamming Winston are the same people that had nasty things to say about Manziel.

This isn't about what a bunch of posters on a FF message board would do. This is about what other young, talented QBs have done with their opportunity. Winston isn't the first phenom QB to get a ton of success and media love. Other QBs have been down this road. And if you look at the successful QBs in the NFL, not too many of them pulled the crap Winston did.

He'll get it alright. The light will go on. He'll mature, and understand the error of his ways. But what if that doesn't happen till he's 24? Or 26?

The girl was a member of the FSU Cleat Chasers, yet didn't know the name of the accuser? Also, Winston's buddies video taped her giving him a BJ, that is why they got in trouble. I'm pretty sure she was willing. She sure didn't mind riding on the back of his scooter to get dropped off after "being raped" or maybe she was in a G hole, and had no idea what she was doing, yet could ride on the back of a scooter.

The only thing Jameis Winston has done wrong was get into a BB gun fight. This is incredibly stupid, and someone could of shot lost an eye.

He was falsely accused of rape. He took free food from PUBLIX, and took the blame as stealing. He yelled out a funny as hell popular internet meme.

Most of you guys got it all wrong. If you want to hate on the kid, then at least do it for the BB gun fight.

"Angry white people" were also extremely critical of Johnny Manziel for similar reasons to Winston, and there were plenty of "angry white people" who were critical of Tim Tebow's chances to succeed in the NFL. You trying desperately to make this a race issue says more about you than it does the "angry white people".
There is no way in hell Manziel got anywhere near this much vitriol here, particularly the "dumb" thing that keeps getting tossed at Winston constantly. Sorry you can't see it but it's there.

"Angry white people" were also extremely critical of Johnny Manziel for similar reasons to Winston, and there were plenty of "angry white people" who were critical of Tim Tebow's chances to succeed in the NFL. You trying desperately to make this a race issue says more about you than it does the "angry white people".
There is no way in hell Manziel got anywhere near this much vitriol here, particularly the "dumb" thing that keeps getting tossed at Winston constantly.
Yeah, Manziel got a lot MORE.

A guy can be smart and dumb at the same time. As an example: Jameis Winston.

Wait what?

People were critical of Manziel for sexual assault, shop lifting, and yelling obscenities on campus?

I thought they were just jealous of his partying and cocky attitude. To my knowledge JFF never hurt anybody.

The only thing Jameis Winston has done wrong was get into a BB gun fight. This is incredibly stupid, and someone could of shot lost an eye.

He was falsely accused of rape. He took free food from PUBLIX, and took the blame as stealing. He yelled out a funny as hell popular internet meme.

Most of you guys got it all wrong. If you want to hate on the kid, then at least do it for the BB gun fight.
Her urine was tested for over 170 drugs including ghb and all the results were negative. The sexual assault description is based on the alleged victim's statement not the findings of the examination. Her attorney and aunt is a personal injury attorney trying a criminal case,this is about as bad as Tyson using a tax attorney to defend him in his rape case. I smell a civil lawsuit.Speaking of changing their story, one day she states the suspect is 5'9-5'11 and the next day he's 6'2. You meet a guy in a bar and you don't get his name but you get in a cab with three men you don't know and go back to the suspect's apartment. Her female and male friend at the bar didn't find her behavior to be anything out of the normal. She's stated that she was blacking out but was able to text coherently throughout this time. Before the results were back, why did her attorney tell the police that the DNA on the clothing might not be from her boyfriend because the alleged victim and the female friend at the bar wore each other's clothing? The female friend denied wearing the alleged victim's clothing.

Really...the date on the test is obvious....37 days to test urine and blood. None of which was for GHB, the date rape drug. Why would she be confused...well lets see GHB. Additionally he has another girl with a similar story already in crisis counselling. Nice guy. She must have been a cleat chaser too. Have you ever seen a girl drugged by GHB...as someone in the medical field I have...and it fits the scenario to a "t", Absolutely NO law enforcement agency sits on blood and urine samples for 37 days. Just let that sink in....Since she has retained Kobe Bryants attorney in Denver to pursue a title ix violation Im sure youll be happy about her high dollar lawyer. Her aunt handled the case because most college kids dont have big money or big money behind them. However, apparently Winston has also retained a high dollar attorney in Atlanta who handles all the athletes and NOT PRO BONO. SO who is paying this attorney? He isnt taking it for free. Who? Winstons South Alabama parents...or boosters?

My God this is filled with so many inaccuracies and misguided assumptions I literally don't even know where to start. My two favorites:1) saying the police covered up the rape for him because he was "the 1 QB in the country" while he was the third-string QB for a team that finished 11th nationally during the year of the incident.

2) saying Winston's "south Alabama" parents couldn't afford an attorney, as if that makes any sense. Clearly all people from south Alabama are poor and nobody in any of those families ever made any kind of money.

Also the lawyer could be working based off a future fee structure, but \_(ツ)_/¯
1.) In response to #1....the detective that handled the case was a twenty plus year booster and had repeatedly applied to work FSU security. Youre saying his lack of investigation (which is what Willie Meggs said himself) was thorough. A phone call to investigate a rape case...really. Think about that for a second. So we go to the Cleat Chasers...Meggs himself reported this girl was not aware of who Winston was before or after...in 170 pages of report NOT ONE MENTION of "Cleat Chaser". This cleat chaser claim has been largely dismissed everywhere outside War Chant and the sad population of FSU students who still bring it up. Smear the victim when she was drugged and raped. Let me know which way you want to play the facts either he was known by some freshman GIRL as a famous football player in which case a twenty year booster certainly knew him. Or he wasnt known by Detective Angulo because he was a third string qb...which means obviously a freshman GIRL would not know him as a great athlete for the Cleat Chasers. Which one is it? When you decide let me know.

2.) Why has Casher been turned over to collections for his traffic infractions not being able to pay HUNDREDS dollars of fines in MONTHS yet he was able to come up with $2000 in TWO DAYS to pay for the windows. BTW Cornwall doesnt do contingency AT ALL. He doesnt need to. He isnt also counter suing for money NOR WOULD HE GET ANY of substance from the girl.

Lastly if you dont think FSU and the TPD covered it up and looked the other way for athletes in general I will point out there was a complaint filed by the girl. Casher ADMITTED TO THE POLICE ILLEGALLY VIDEO TAPING A SEX ACT. HE EVEN SAID THE GIRL YELLED AT HIM TO QUIT AND SLAMMED THE DOOR. THIS IT IS A FELONY AT MINIMUM IN FLORIDA. Felony means off the team immediately. The charge to Casher is NON NEGOTIABLE. Yet the police just passed it over. Why? Why didnt Casher go to jail? Are you going to tell me because she ALSO consented to the illegal video taping? The reason Casher didnt go to jail was because he might just spill the beans if he was forced into the choice of wether to to tell the truth on what actually happened or go to jail. So the cops covered Jameis up by also failing to charge Casher who ABSOLUTELY and without question committed a felony. Of course FSU's honor court managed to suspend him for two games laughably for committing a felony.

Read the police report its great stuff. The police filed and got warrants for the victims phone IMMEDIATELY. They dug through her phone records and found nothing. They got her friends phone records, her boy friends phone records, two other friends phone records. However did the get Winstons? Did they get Cashers? Did they get Darby's? NEVER TO THIS DAY DID THEY GET PHONE RECORDS OF THE ACCUSED! How bizarre is that? What kind of investigation gets the victims phone records but not the accused? Thats some serious cover up. You are looking for a way to place blame on the girl that filed the complaint. Plain and simple.

The guy is a pile of $hit as is the administration and coaches for looking the other way. It is exactly what collegiate athletics should never be. Why not just check what a THREE TIME PULITZER prize winner wrote for the NY Times. Surely someone who was a former 60 minutes producer and three time Pultizer winner for investigative reporting has little need to dig up a BS story.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/16/sports/errors-in-inquiry-on-rape-allegations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0

Ill just state facts before answering. Cornwall said he flew down to hear the claim from Patricia Carroll. "7 million and it goes away...or I leak it public. He then claims a few days later she leaked it to the press in November because she didnt get paid". Interesting fact was Jansen was Winstons only attorney in November and Cornwall was not retained until March/April. So how did Cornwall meet with her before the story broke if he wasnt even Jameis attorney at that time? BTW her attorneys have their side of the story too.....but these dates are facts! Check them out. Also do you not think about 90% of cases are settled this way? It is quite common from both plaintiff/defense attorneys to avoid trial. Do you also understand Winston does not have $7M and has no access to $7M as a student. If it were legit she would have made her civil claim AFTER he got an NFL deal not before. There would be no purpose to try and get money from a kid who had no money...

What Winstons attorney is doing is letting FSU know in no uncertain terms if they find Winston guilty from their title iX investigation (cough cough) they are currently doing they will be getting sued for a lot of money. It is a smart move and the last gasp for Winston who is likely to be found guilty and expelled. Cornwall is drawing his line in the sand...thats all.

The girl was a member of the FSU Cleat Chasers, yet didn't know the name of the accuser? Also, Winston's buddies video taped her giving him a BJ, that is why they got in trouble. I'm pretty sure she was willing. She sure didn't mind riding on the back of his scooter to get dropped off after "being raped" or maybe she was in a G hole, and had no idea what she was doing, yet could ride on the back of a scooter.
Hopefully youll have a daughter one day that attends FSU and gets exactly the same experience with an athlete. When the police dont look into it I hope you will feel the same. Pathetic.

Hopefully youll have a daughter one day that attends FSU and gets exactly the same experience with an athlete. When the police dont look into it I hope you will feel the same. Pathetic.
Why the need to get personal here? Did someone you know get raped or something?

I've said it in other threads, I read quite a bit about this event, and have my opinion he didn't rape her. I have no problem calling an athlete a rapeist if the details cause me to form that opinion. Jeremy Stevens was on my favorite pro team, and I would cheer when he scored TD's, while always making sure to remind everyone around me he was a rapist. The difference was the details of the Jeremy Stevens case were pretty indicative of rape, and not consensual sex.

I've said it in other threads, I read quite a bit about this event, and have my opinion he didn't rape her. I have no problem calling an athlete a rapeist if the details cause me to form that opinion. Jeremy Stevens was on my favorite pro team, and I would cheer when he scored TD's, while always making sure to remind everyone around me he was a rapist. The difference was the details of the Jeremy Stevens case were pretty indicative of rape, and not consensual sex.
Apologies. The facts certainly point to the fact FSU/TPD absolutely bungled the case. That everyone agrees to. You do know there is another girl who had to go to crisis counselling after a night with him. The reason I am adamant is because believe it or not I have knowledge of at least two other girls "involved" with him who have similar stories one of which got away from him after he stuffed his fingers in her pants. Her dad is a big money redneck and doesnt need any more money. He wants Winston to be held accountable but the family doesnt want the same to happen to their daughter as did the prior two girls. IE they either got death threats/withdrew from school or both. Winston was questioned and denied knowing her...but they did get phone records from him to her and he lied again. The school knows about it too. The father wants justice but the girls mother and family want anonymity. I cant blame them based on they way the last victim got treated. You can believe it or not...but that is one of the real reasons I cant stand this school or guy. He will lie to everyone including the school president, his coach and his own lawyer all while painting himself as a devout man of god.

Did that make you feel less dirty for cheering for him when he scored TD's? Just asking, I would have a hard time cheering for him, even if he was on my favorite team.

Premier said:
dhockster said:
Faust said:
So Jimbo Fisher has coached JaMarcus Russell, Christian Ponder, and EJ Manual?

I'll take first round busts for $500, Alex.
He didn't coach any of them in the NFL. Not sure how it's his fault they go to the league and end up in ####ty situations with ####ty coaches.

Keep getting those QBs paid, Jimbo.
Certain college coaches develop the players that play for them. Others just take advantage of their players superior physical tools but don't necessarily develop their game. Jimbo seems to be in this camp regarding QB's. And that's okay regarding Florida State and Jimbo Fisher. He is doing his job for Florida State.

As for an NFL team drafting a Jimbo Fisher QB from college? I would be very leery of that based on the track records of his QB's. I will be very interested to see who ends up drafting Winston, what round he gets drafted, and how that turns out.

Their are plenty of good NFL QB's who have overcome bad coaches and bad situations.

This applies to most prospects, including guys like Winston and Mariota, but I'm sick of hearing about how a certain school or coach hasn't produced a solid player at x position. Just like Florida and Urban Meyer hadn't had a good WR until some guy named Percy Harvin came along. Most players are busts, but that has no bearing on future prospects.

He needs to grow up, but there is no denying his talent. Best QB since Luck and it's not close.
Yikes. He's a fine college player, but his baseball wind-up is part of his football release as well. His mechanics are poor. I have little doubt he'll be a first rounder, but he and Luck are in different classes by quite a few degrees.

He needs to grow up, but there is no denying his talent. Best QB since Luck and it's not close.
Yikes. He's a fine college player, but his baseball wind-up is part of his football release as well. His mechanics are poor. I have little doubt he'll be a first rounder, but he and Luck are in different classes by quite a few degrees.
He sees the field like Luck. Incredible ability to scan the field. Has nice touch on his deep balls and is crazy accurate on intermediate throws. Is able to step up from a rush while keeping this eyes downfield. Great leader on the field. Needs work on shortening his delivery a little and obviously the off the field stuff. But talent-wise he's close to Luck.

Premier said:
bigmarc27 said:
bulger2holt said:
He sees the field like Luck. Incredible ability to scan the field. Has nice touch on his deep balls and is crazy accurate on intermediate throws. Is able to step up from a rush while keeping this eyes downfield. Great leader on the field. Needs work on shortening his delivery a little and obviously the off the field stuff. But talent-wise he's close to Luck.
I'm sorry but he doesn't compare. Luck was the best prospect since Peyton or some say Elway. Winston won't even be the first QB taken on his class.

Users who are viewing this thread