What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Jameis Winston - QB - Seminoles

FSU QB Jameis Winston has "the intelligence, confidence and talent to boom, but there are bust signs that cannot be ignored," writes NFL Media draft analyst Lance Zierlein.

You already know about Winston's off-the-field concerns, which largely contribute to the notion that the Seminole is this class' most volatile boom-or-bust prospect. Lets talk about his on-field uncertainty instead. Winston's explosive passing percentage dropped from 9 percent in 2013 to 6 percent in 2014 and his turnover-per-play ratio plummeted from 1:54 in 2013 to 1:33 in 2014, which Zierlein attributes to defensive coordinators solving him on film. "Clearly, Winston hasn't shown a consistent level of maturity up to this point and his productivity took a sharp dip in 2014 despite playing with seven offensive teammates who should be drafted this season," Zierlein wrote.

Source: NFL.com

Apr 27 - 8:45 PM

Capella said:
B-Deep said:
Capella said:
2014 Jameis was better than 2013. By a sizeable margin even.

But hey, interceptions.
interceptions are killers
Mariotta has like 25 fumbles that nobody ever talks about for some reason. :shrug:
It's just so unfair.
I bet the guys who matter talked about it a lot. :ptts:
The Bucs decision-makers? I suppose you are correct. When picking first, rule number one is convince yourself upside and down the other that you've made the right decision, even to the extent that you make #### up and deliberately omit contradictory information when it doesn't fit with your narrative. Classic way to resolve cognitive dissonance.

Bomani Jones on the draft, Jameis Winston, and Jamarcus Russell:

Racial slur? Seems a bit much. Hasn't Jamarcus suffered enough?

And the white comparison for a fatso would be Janikowski.

Judging by that combine pick, Winston does seem to be heading in the wrong direction weight-wise. Looks like he did the freshman 15, sophomore 15, summer break 15,... good thing he's leaving undergrad. I'm sure it will stop now.

Still targeting NFC South defenses.

I like Steve White. His breakdowns of defensive linemen is very detailed.

Not sure about how he is on projecting offensive guys.

JV: One of the parts of the segment on Winston that stood out to me was when State Attorney Willie Meggs said, “I think I did not have sufficient evidence to prove that he sexually assaulted her against her will. I think things that happened there that night were not good.” What was your interpretation of what he meant by “not good”? KD: We were told by both Meggs and his assistant DA, Georgia Cappleman, that they felt something traumatic happened between Winston and Erica that night, but they didn’t have enough evidence to charge him. Meggs said to us that if he’d been in charge of the investigation he would very likely have been able to find Winston and his teammates within 24 hours, rather than the months it took the Tallahassee Police Department, and could have very possibly gathered the evidence right away.

[A Tallahassee PD spokesperson declined via email to provide specific comment concerning criticism of their investigation. The TPD referred to past statements, including this one.]

JV: There seems to be an implication there that Meggs was troubled by Winston’s actions that night. Is that how you interpreted it?

KD: Yes, absolutely.
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/28/kirby-****-the-hunting-ground-jameis-winston-erica-kinsman/

JV: One of the parts of the segment on Winston that stood out to me was when State Attorney Willie Meggs said, “I think I did not have sufficient evidence to prove that he sexually assaulted her against her will. I think things that happened there that night were not good.” What was your interpretation of what he meant by “not good”? KD: We were told by both Meggs and his assistant DA, Georgia Cappleman, that they felt something traumatic happened between Winston and Erica that night, but they didn’t have enough evidence to charge him. Meggs said to us that if he’d been in charge of the investigation he would very likely have been able to find Winston and his teammates within 24 hours, rather than the months it took the Tallahassee Police Department, and could have very possibly gathered the evidence right away.

[A Tallahassee PD spokesperson declined via email to provide specific comment concerning criticism of their investigation. The TPD referred to past statements, including this one.]

JV: There seems to be an implication there that Meggs was troubled by Winston’s actions that night. Is that how you interpreted it?

KD: Yes, absolutely.
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/04/28/kirby-****-the-hunting-ground-jameis-winston-erica-kinsman/
Of course the director of a film called "The Hunting Ground" is going to say that.

This guy has he's also been known to throw out some absolutely ridiculous statistics when it comes to victims of sexual assault... such as the one found here: http://www.southbendtribune.com/entertainment/inthebend/entertainmentnews/hunting-ground-tackles-campus-rapes/article_34bc4bf4-6fba-5345-8a78-56db1a2ce436.html

19 of 20 charges [of sexual assault] are true...
That quote basically ruins any credibility the guy has because it's an absolutely ridiculous number. Sources:

http://www.cotwa.info/2013/01/the-enliven-projects-truth-about-false.html

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2014/09/false_rape_accusations_why_must_be_pretend_they_never_happen.single.html

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-09-19/how-many-rape-reports-are-false

Your own link validates the 5% number:

Dr. David Lisak published a study on the subject in 2010 in Violence Against Women where he classified 8 out of the 136 (5.9%) reported rapes at a major northeastern university over a ten year period as false.

"I don't know what that slur is a proxy for..."

Yeah, Bomani, it's a slur for a fat QB prospect with a great arm and nothing else. Nothing to do with skin. Nothing to see here.

"Why aren't people comparing Mettenberger to Jamarcus Russell?"

Yeah, Bomani, it's because no team was stupid enough to consider Zach Mettenberger in the first round. He was a sixth round zero with limited upside, just like Winston ought to be.

"Why aren't people comparing Winston to Manning, as a cerebral QB?"

Yeah, Bomaini, have you ever heard Winston talk? He's dumb as a lump of ####.

Angry Black Journalist being an angry black journalist, Oblivious Tampa Fan Grasping at Straws being an oblivious Tampa fan grasping at straws. :eyeroll:

Why do people (e.g., Bomani Jones) quote Winston's Wonderlic score as if it's remarkable? The conversion from Wonderlic to IQ, ~(2W + 60), suggests that Winston's IQ is ~114, which is within one SD of the average score of 100. Therefore, Winston's IQ is pretty ordinary.

Oh, and a big :eyeroll: at comparing the INT's to Andrew Luck. Andrew's got a laser cannon and the ability to use it, and we've known there was no bust potential there since he was a kid at Stanford. The high-risk downfield pass attack with the inherent INT risk is part of the optimal gameplan when you have an All-Universe QB and diddly-squat for supporting talent on the team. If Luck were to be more careful with the ball, the team would be worse. He's got the tools to adjust that downward once it's in the team's interests to do so.

Not understanding that pretty fundamental football concept would get Bomani laughed out of a lot of places. But racist rants sell. So he's coo, even though clueless.

Why do people (e.g., Bomani Jones) quote Winston's Wonderlic score as if it's remarkable? The conversion from Wonderlic to IQ, ~(2W + 60), suggests that Winston's IQ is ~114, which is within one SD of the average score of 100. Therefore, Winston's IQ is pretty ordinary.
Here's how he compares to Jimbo's other QB's:

Ponder - 35

Manuel - 28

Winston - 27

Russell - 24

Eat that Capella. Your boy is gonna suck at the next level. I can see it. Freelove can see it. You can't but I will make sure you know it when you run screaming from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are not a FSU sycophant, why won't you acknowledge the valid questions I posted about the rape case?

Dr. David Lisak published a study on the subject in 2010 in Violence Against Women where he classified 8 out of the 136 (5.9%) reported rapes at a major northeastern university over a ten year period as false.
That's all that particular article said too huh, cstu?

- Why didn't she name Winston that night (other that a ridiculous reason like she was waiting to name a guy she went to high school with who moved to Ohio)?

- Why would a girl come home in tears, beg for help from friends at 2 am, spend the night talking to police and submit to a humiliating rape test at the hospital if she wasn't raped (besides a ridiculous answer like she was embarrassed about having sex with a black guy or regretted her decision to have sex)?

- Why if she only reported the rape because of a regretful decision or didn't understand the gravity of the accusation did she report Winston went she saw him in class a month later?

- Why did Winston wait until the DNA test came back to admit he had sex with her?

- Why did Casher destroy his phone with evidence that would clear Winston (other than the ridiculous answer that he's afraid of police)?

- Why don't Casher and Darby's stories from that night match up?

When it's one person's word against another it's very easy to call it 'gray area'. There were witnesses to this case - with suspicious stories according to the investigator - why would you not charge Winston and put them on the stand (other than to protect the football team, that is)?

How about this statistic - only 12% of rapes lead to an arrest.

When it's one person's word against another it's very easy to call it 'gray area'. There were witnesses to this case - with suspicious stories according to the investigator - why would you not charge Winston and put them on the stand (other than to protect the football team, that is)?

Doesn't really have much to do with what I was saying, but shows how little the legal system can do to prove rape or a fake report... Or what a guy like you can do to prove it to us.

Doesn't really have much to do with what I was saying, but shows how little the legal system can do to prove rape or a fake report... Or what a guy like you can do to prove it to us.
Nothing you or Capella have written on this topic suggests you even care to know if he is a rapist or not. Seems like you're both just invested in him being innocent or don't care and, regardless, just want him to be the #1 pick and score touchdowns.

I don't want to be right - I want you to convince me that Jameis is not a rapist so I can enjoy my Sundays without thinking there's a rapist on the field.

So far you've made no attempt to alleviate my concerns that he actually is a rapist.

“The most important reason we know Erica is credible is that when you sit down and speak with her one on one the overwhelming conclusion you come away with is that she is telling the truth.

Which raises the question: Why haven’t the Tampa Bay Buccaneers reached out to her? They claim to have exhaustively investigated Winston and heard his side of the story, and yet they haven’t even taken the time to speak with Erica. Is it because they’re afraid they would realize that she’s telling the truth?”

(A Buccaneers spokesperson said per team policy, they have consistently declined to go into specifics about the details of their research and whom they have contacted.)

Nothing you or Capella have written on this topic suggests you even care to know if he is a rapist or not. Seems like you're both just invested in him being innocent or don't care and, regardless, just want him to be the #1 pick and score touchdowns.
I would care if it was actually something that we could determine, but we can't and won't. I'm ok with the process being over and never knowing what happened. I'm ready to move on. Some here clearly aren't.

I would care if it was actually something that we could determine, but we can't and won't. I'm ok with the process being over and never knowing what happened. I'm ready to move on. Some here clearly aren't.
We get it. Police work was thorough, exhaustive, timely, and complete. Nothing to see here. The woman is a liar, Jameis is a victim. Pick him first, score touchdowns, sweep all this mess under the rug, and move on.

We get it. Police work was thorough, exhaustive, timely, and complete. Nothing to see here. The woman is a liar, Jameis is a victim. Pick him first, score touchdowns, sweep all this mess under the rug, and move on.
No you don't. No. No. No. No. True. Probably. Maybe. Yes. Hopefully. I have nothing to do with it. Yes.

I love the sweep it under the rug thing. I actually am starting to believe Proust and Cstu think they are running an active investigation here.

It's cool that so many people with Internet access think they make a difference in what actually happens to Winston.

I don't want to be right - I want you to convince me that Jameis is not a rapist so I can enjoy my Sundays without thinking there's a rapist on the field.

So far you've made no attempt to alleviate my concerns that he actually is a rapist.
Why do you think anybody here cares how you feel about watching anything? You could get shot to the moon tomorrow and I wouldn't care.

Why do you think anybody here cares how you feel about watching anything? You could get shot to the moon tomorrow and I wouldn't care.
You have mentioned at least a half-dozen times here on this thread that you don't care what people think. It seems like a highly unusual thing to keep repeating over and over for a guy that doesn't care. Not suggesting anything, just making an observation.

It's cool that so many people with Internet access think they make a difference in what actually happens to Winston.
Wait. So, what's your purpose of posting?
Well, as outlandish as it sounds in this thread. To talk about football.
Is that what your post above was? Talking football?
Well, I also have to clean up CSTU falsely here and there as well. I mean he is trying to claim me as FSU fan. You have to draw the line somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread