What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (5 Viewers)

I heard he didn't let ESPN in his house last night because he was pissed at them for airing the crab leg discussion with Harbaugh. That was supposed to be off the record, but they put it in anyways to try and sabotage the ACC.
Really I've been kind of neutral on the personality stuff, but are you sure you want to start feuding with the worldwide leader on the night your career starts?

I heard he didn't let ESPN in his house last night because he was pissed at them for airing the crab leg discussion with Harbaugh. That was supposed to be off the record, but they put it in anyways to try and sabotage the ACC.
Really I've been kind of neutral on the personality stuff, but are you sure you want to start feuding with the worldwide leader on the night your career starts?
He can live without them, they can't live without him...

If the crableg pic is supposed to be a stab at self-deprecating humor, it was just merely a failure and in bad taste.

But if it's a giant middle finger to his critics, well the Bucs look all the more foolish for thinking he's changed.

Given the smug look on his face, it seems more like the latter to me, but thats JMHO.

If the crableg pic is supposed to be a stab at self-deprecating humor, it was just merely a failure and in bad taste.

But if it's a giant middle finger to his critics, well the Bucs look all the more foolish for thinking he's changed.

Given the smug look on his face, it seems more like the latter to me, but thats JMHO.
I think it's both, which makes it perfect. :cry:

...and the photo is deleted.

Apparently his new employer didn't appreciate him acting like a child just hours after the draft. At least he's become pretty adept at trying to cover-up his mistakes.

lod01 said:
:lmao: Glad to see this thread hasn't changed in two months.

The draft party went well.
Will be an interesting and exciting time at One Buc for the next 4 months. Then it heads downhill fast.
Enjoy the calm before the storm, Winston fans.
The storm of Tuddys and ROTY.
Yep. I fully expect Shaq Thompson to jack him up, grab the fumbles, rumble into the endzone a couple of times and win ROTY.

Dude doesn't have a single iota of self-awareness.
I think your hate for him is clouding your judgement.

Any 21 year old kid from Alabama who doesn't have a shellfish allergy would devour crablegs too if 25lbs were given as a gift of appreciation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Winston is the biggest gamble in NFL history.

Despite assurances from Leaf's coach at Washington State, Mike Price, that his guy's personal character was the equal of Manning's, Beathard had intel from a staff member at the school suggesting that Leaf was arrogant and too fond of having a good time.

"We had concerns about Ryan and we thought we could work through it, and it backfired," the retired 78-year-old executive said from his Tennessee home. "We just made a big mistake. ... Sometimes you see a guy with so much ability that you think, 'We can't pass this guy up. We can change his character.' But boy, changing someone's character is a really hard thing to do."

Despite assurances from Leaf's coach at Washington State, Mike Price, that his guy's personal character was the equal of Manning's, Beathard had intel from a staff member at the school suggesting that Leaf was arrogant and too fond of having a good time.

"We had concerns about Ryan and we thought we could work through it, and it backfired," the retired 78-year-old executive said from his Tennessee home. "We just made a big mistake. ... Sometimes you see a guy with so much ability that you think, 'We can't pass this guy up. We can change his character.' But boy, changing someone's character is a really hard thing to do."
Gambles aren't as huge now as they were in the recent past... rookies aren't as much as a financial risk as they once were. Sure it sets the franchise back, but not nearly as much as it used to.

cstu's jab is like a jackhammer peppering werdnoynek and Capella's faces.

cstu's jab is like a jackhammer peppering werdnoynek and Capella's faces.
Every single draftee in the history of the NFL draft is a gamble.

cstu's smear-campaign regurgitation-posts are like a ripple in still water as the late, grate*, Jerry Garcia would say.

greenie nailed it on the crab legs

Mike Greenberg@Espngreeny 4m4 minutes ago
I don't think it's a big deal that Jameis Winston posted the picture with the crab legs. But I don't think it was a real good idea either.
It wasn't a big deal on the surface.

It's a big deal because of what it says about the guy's ego, his maturity, his judgement, etc. etc. etc.

All of those character concerns he brought with him to the draft, he validated within minutes of being chosen.

I don't think it's a big deal that Jameis Winston posted the picture with the crab legs. But I don't think it was a real good idea either.

It's a big deal because of what it says about the guy's ego, his maturity, his judgement, etc. etc. etc.

All of those character concerns he brought with him to the draft, he validated within minutes of being chosen.
The only people who took offense were the people who were worked up about this minor mishap to begin with... wonder why? Because they're tightasses.

I'm not offended. I think it's great that he's revealing his true colors once again.

The only people who took offense were the people who were worked up about this minor mishap to begin with... wonder why? Because they're tightasses.
Theft is a "minor mishap"?

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 4m4 minutes ago

Really tight.

Nailed it? Doesn't sound like much of an opinion at all.
based on the number of people that disagree, seems like it is an opinion

and i think it is right

this has 0 impact on him going forward, and it was a pretty dumb idea

Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny 4m4 minutes ago

Really tight.
You're right. It's a victimless crime. My bad.

This whole crab leg thing is just one more indicator of his true character and lack of concern for anyone else other than himslef and his own ego. I don't know a single person over the age of 16 who thinks that was a classy move or even remotely funny. Kid has a lot of growing up to do, more so than others his age and is a major risk for an NFL franchise. If I GM'd the Bucs, I would ship him off NOW while he still has value as this certainly is not the last mishap or foot-in-mouth episode this kid will have. He is a walking talking PR nightmare in the making.

As I watched the coverage of him last night and after he thought the cameras were no longer on, his demeanor immediately changed and that contrived smile of his went quickly away, but the cameras kept rolling. It was kind of odd to watch. IMO, it appears he's not this personality plus type that he portrays to be and put on during this interview process. At least he wasn't last night, the biggest night of his professional life. I have a very bad feeling about this one.....

BTW, I am not a "hater", I'm just somebody who thinks character is a factor to consider when investing in a human being.

Dude has signed his deal. NFL Networks says $20 mil over 5 years with $16 mil. flushed down the toilet at signing. Says he will get right to work and work harder than anyone..as soon as he finishes off a couple huge plates of crablegs.

Dude has signed his deal. NFL Networks says $20 mil over 5 years with $16 mil. flushed down the toilet at signing. Says he will get right to work and work harder than anyone..as soon as he finishes off a couple huge plates of crablegs.
That didn't take long - wanted to get the ink on paper before the Bucs changed their mind.

That didn't take long - wanted to get the ink on paper before the Bucs changed their mind.
Or pocket that 16 mil before doing something really stupid.

Make that 4 years 25+ Mil and 16.7 flushed down the crapper instantly. oof.

and i think it is right

I don't know we can say 0 impact. I imagine there are potential sponsors out there who are considering him, and debating how likely he is do to do something in the future that would reflect negatively on them if he's promoting them.

While the picture isn't itself a very big deal compared to his past actions, it suggests immaturity and a lack of understanding of how his actions as a public figure are going to be perceived. And that should be important to a sponsor.

and i think it is right

I don't know we can say 0 impact. I imagine there are potential sponsors out there who are considering him, and debating how likely he is do to do something in the future that would reflect negatively on them if he's promoting them.

While the picture isn't itself a very big deal compared to his past actions, it suggests immaturity and a lack of understanding of how his actions as a public figure are going to be perceived. And that should be important to a sponsor.
so you think all the rape allegations and "#### her right in the #####" might not have scared off this hypothetical sponsor, but a picture of him with legal acquired crab legs will?

not buying it

Winston will make for an interesting case study as to whether a top QB pick can completely ignore personal fitness, yet be able to play at a high level for several years. I personally don't think it is possible but maybe he will prove the doubters wrong.

This whole crab leg thing is just one more indicator of his true character and lack of concern for anyone else other than himslef and his own ego. I don't know a single person over the age of 16 who thinks that was a classy move or even remotely funny. Kid has a lot of growing up to do, more so than others his age and is a major risk for an NFL franchise. If I GM'd the Bucs, I would ship him off NOW while he still has value as this certainly is not the last mishap or foot-in-mouth episode this kid will have. He is a walking talking PR nightmare in the making.

As I watched the coverage of him last night and after he thought the cameras were no longer on, his demeanor immediately changed and that contrived smile of his went quickly away, but the cameras kept rolling. It was kind of odd to watch. IMO, it appears he's not this personality plus type that he portrays to be and put on during this interview process. At least he wasn't last night, the biggest night of his professional life. I have a very bad feeling about this one.....

BTW, I am not a "hater", I'm just somebody who thinks character is a factor to consider when investing in a human being.
Excellent post.

Winston will make for an interesting case study as to whether a top QB pick can completely ignore personal fitness, yet be able to play at a high level for several years. I personally don't think it is possible but maybe he will prove the doubters wrong.
If Winston succeeds it will be a Ryan Leaf "What Could Have Been".

and i think it is right

i dont think many ppl are arguing this has much impact on his future, more that its another indication of his idiocy.

Yeah I am not ready to compare him to Ryan Leaf in all aspects, but they both shared the same lack of attention to personal fitness. I would say that is the #1 red flag about Winston over all else. Ron Burgundy has a better body than this guy and he's only 21. Now imagine when he is 30 and out of the league with a serious weight problem and full-blown diabetes.

and i think it is right

so you think all the rape allegations and "#### her right in the #####" might not have scared off this hypothetical sponsor, but a picture of him with legal acquired crab legs will?

not buying it
Yes it can impact him. There already companies (Nike) who have taken the gamble. Others are surely considering it and some will and some won't. Someone who was already uncomfortable with the thought but was considering if he might be maturing might be pushed off the fence away from him.

It could also affect dollar amounts of any who do go with him. There are systems that rate public awareness and likeability of celebrities that these companies use in deciding who to go with and for how much. If there is a net down tick there over the photo, it can cost him dollars even with a company who still decides to go with him.

and i think it is right

not buying it
Yes it can impact him. There already companies (Nike) who have taken the gamble. Others are surely considering it and some will and some won't. Someone who was already uncomfortable with the thought but was considering if he might be maturing might be pushed off the fence away from him.

It could also affect dollar amounts of any who do go with him. There are systems that rate public awareness and likeability of celebrities that these companies use in deciding who to go with and for how much. If there is a net down tick there over the photo, it can cost him dollars even with a company who still decides to go with him.
A company like Nike and an NFL franchise feels he's worth their monetary risk at the moment, but a bunch of folks who frequent this here forum think he's such a bad person and scum of the earth. Polarizing and oh so fascinating.

Yeah I am not ready to compare him to Ryan Leaf in all aspects, but they both shared the same lack of attention to personal fitness. I would say that is the #1 red flag about Winston over all else. Ron Burgundy has a better body than this guy and he's only 21. Now imagine when he is 30 and out of the league with a serious weight problem and full-blown diabetes.
He looks so out of shape...

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/02/22/Sports/Images/NFL_Combine_Football-0c112-4958.jpg&w=1484

This is the whole Alshon Jeffrey thing all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread