Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

QB Jameis Winston, NO

Winston will make for an interesting case study as to whether a top QB pick can completely ignore personal fitness, yet be able to play at a high level for several years. I personally don't think it is possible but maybe he will prove the doubters wrong.

If Winston succeeds it will be a Ryan Leaf "What Could Have Been".

Yeah I am not ready to compare him to Ryan Leaf in all aspects, but they both shared the same lack of attention to personal fitness. I would say that is the #1 red flag about Winston over all else. Ron Burgundy has a better body than this guy and he's only 21. Now imagine when he is 30 and out of the league with a serious weight problem and full-blown diabetes.

He looks so out of shape...

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/02/22/Sports/Images/NFL_Combine_Football-0c112-4958.jpg&w=1484

This is the whole Alshon Jeffrey thing all over again.

It has been acknowledged that he was up to 262 last year.

A company like Nike and an NFL franchise feels he's worth their monetary risk at the moment, but a bunch of folks who frequent this here forum think he's such a bad person and scum of the earth. Polarizing and oh so fascinating.

Just wait until the women's groups get involved. Most women don't know anything about his rape lawsuit, but they will.

#HuntingGround

The picture, according to King and Stroud, had nothing to do with trolling, but with trawling. Winston posted the picture as a courtesy to Capt. Keith Colburn, star of “The Deadliest Catch,” who reportedly sent Winston 25 pounds of crab legs as a gift for his draft party.

How about not being a complete moron and instead of taking a picture with the crab legs simply thank the Captain for the gift, but tell him it's not a good idea to take a photo with them.

Winston will make for an interesting case study as to whether a top QB pick can completely ignore personal fitness, yet be able to play at a high level for several years. I personally don't think it is possible but maybe he will prove the doubters wrong.

Yeah I am not ready to compare him to Ryan Leaf in all aspects, but they both shared the same lack of attention to personal fitness. I would say that is the #1 red flag about Winston over all else. Ron Burgundy has a better body than this guy and he's only 21. Now imagine when he is 30 and out of the league with a serious weight problem and full-blown diabetes.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/wp-apps/imrs.php?src=https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2015/02/22/Sports/Images/NFL_Combine_Football-0c112-4958.jpg&w=1484

Unlike Alshon Jeffrey, I doubt Winston can bench press his own weight more than once.

Think that was Lacy wasn't it ?

He has won at every level. This kid is a special talent. He only played 2 years at FSU. Watch him get even better in the NFL.

:lmao:. What levels beyond his two years of college are you counting? High school? Junior high? Pop Warner?

Whether you're Jamarcus Russell, Andrew Luck, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, or Marcus Mariota, all these guys win at every level. It's a necessary, but insufficient reason to be selected number one overall. Dig a little deeper on your next post.

He has won at every level. This kid is a special talent. He only played 2 years at FSU. Watch him get even better in the NFL.

:lmao:. What levels beyond his two years of college are you counting? High school? Junior high? Pop Warner?

Whether you're Jamarcus Russell, Andrew Luck, Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, or Marcus Mariota, all these guys win at every level. It's a necessary, but insufficient reason to be selected number one overall. Dig a little deeper on your next post.

Actually none of these guys at all won a national title in college.

:lmao:

Ummm Tebow did that twice. Just sayin.

He won it against a QB who's now likely going to be an undrafted CB. :rolleyes:

What happened when he played Mariota?

Astute analysis. Maybe it's bedtime, kiddo.

Do you want any links to QBs who have won the national championship? The winners at every level? I can PM some resources, if you like.

Want to know how much of a joke wins and national titles are in college football?

Here's the QB's of the ranked teams Winston faced to win the national title:

#25 Maryland - Caleb Rowe (staying another year, but unlikely to be drafted)

#3 Clemson - Tajh Boyd (2014 6th round pick)

#7 Miami - Stephen Morris (undrafted, on Jags practice squad)

#20 Duke - Anthony Boone (unlikely to be drafted)

#2 Auburn - Nick Marshall (converted to QB, unlikely to be drafted)

• Like 1

Do you want any links to QBs who have won the national championship? The winners at every level? I can PM some resources, if you like.

I'm not the one rattling off QBs that won at every level that didn't actually win at every level, especially the biggest one they've played at so far. :shrug:

Close second to being found guilty at the civil trial IMO.

I'm not the one rattling off QBs that won at every level that didn't actually win at every level, especially the biggest one they've played at so far. :shrug:

Well, you sort of missed Tim Tebow in the "none" comment.

But, sure, if it is really important for you to select national championship quarterbacks at number one, you have a really bad list of QBs to choose from. A few hits. Most are awful.

Winners at Every Level:

AJ McCarron

Vince Young

Matt Leinart

Tim Tebow

Chris Weinke

Josh Heupel

Ken Dorsey

Matt Mauck

Chris Leak

Matt Flynn

Tee Martin

Greg McElroy

Craig Krenzel

And to be fair, Cam Newton.

Edited by cobalt_27
  • Like 1

Want to know how much of a joke wins and national titles are in college football?

Here's the QB's of the ranked teams Winston faced to win the national title:

#25 Maryland - Caleb Rowe (staying another year, but unlikely to be drafted)

#3 Clemson - Tajh Boyd (2014 6th round pick)

#7 Miami - Stephen Morris (undrafted, on Jags practice squad)

#20 Duke - Anthony Boone (unlikely to be drafted)

#2 Auburn - Nick Marshall (converted to QB, unlikely to be drafted)

Jesus, this gets even worse...out of curiosity I looked up the QB's on ranked teams he played in 2014:

#5 Notre Dame - Everett Golson (rated #16 QB on NFLDraftScout for 2016 - unlikely to be drafted)

#12 Georgia Tech - Justin Thomas (rated #23 QB on NFLDraftScout for 2017 - unlikely to be drafted)

LOST to #3 Oregon - Marcus Mariota (#2 overall pick)

So the only QB drafted (or likely to be drafted) on a ranked team that Winston beat was 6th round pick Tajh Boyd.

The one time he did play against a NFL QB starting QB (Mariota) he LOST.

In statistical terminology, being a national championship quarterback lacks both sensitivity and specificity as it relates to future success as a pro quarterback. Using the "he's a winner at every level" argument is silly because it is entirely irrelevant. Sounds great, of course. Everyone wants a winner. But, functionally, it's a meaningless, empty argument.

I'm just going off the bolded. You didn't mention tebow there. I don't even know what you're talking about.

I'm just going off the bolded. You didn't mention tebow there. I don't even know what you're talking about.

That is abundantly clear. Worse, you're supporting an argument you know is dumb.

WTF are you guys bickering about now?

I'm not sure.

Guy: all these players won a title on every level [lists players]

Me: actually none of those players you listed did

Guy: yea but tebow did!!!!

Me: but you didn't mention tebow

Guy: WHY WON'T YOU ADDRESS TEBOW

Edited by Capella

Wait Hundley from UCLA only had 5 picks why hasn't he been drafted

Hundley is garbage and every team know it. That's the difference. Only throws when the guy is wide open. In the NFL you have to anticipate. You have to make throws when the WR hasn't even made his break. The guy can't do that.

I had two pounds of crab legs at Hooters yesterday to celebrate. Immature?

Depends. Was it to celebrate the fact that you got away with stealing crab legs? :confused:

I paid for them. They're like $16.99 a pound though. Can't blame a college kid for taking a freebie when they're that expensive. Yeesh.

Shaun King reads this board:

@realshaunking

Thats the backstory behind last nights picture for those of you who need to seriously have some self evaluation done

No. People that laugh about their prior thievery and stick it in peoples' faces need to have self-evaluation done. People that publicly yell obscenities about copulation using vulgar expressions while under investigation for sexual assault need self-evaluation, Shaun.

You Floridian tool.

Edited by rockaction

@realshaunking

Thats the backstory behind last nights picture for those of you who need to seriously have some self evaluation done

What is?

There's a string if tweets ending with that...he was given the crab legs for his party from a captain from Deadliest Catch...apparently Jameis helped him auction off a crab item at the Alstott charity event so the captain wanted to show his appreciation.

That you go to Hooters and admit it? Only men under the age of 22 should even remotely be able to say they go to Hooters, with special exemption status to any male who is obese, unkempt, and has a gut protruding out from his sweat stained wife-beater. If you don't fall in either of those two categories, yes, it's immature and sort of pathetic.

For Winston, the crab leg part of the immaturity is exclusive to him.

Edited by cobalt_27

@realshaunking

What is?

There's a string if tweets ending with that...he was given the crab legs for his party from a captain from Deadliest Catch...apparently Jameis helped him auction off a crab item at the Alstott charity event so the captain wanted to show his appreciation.

Oh yeah, I'd heard that. These fellas posting in here are pretty uptight about our new franchise QB.

That you go to Hooters and admit it? Only men under the age of 22 should even remotely be able to say they go to Hooters, with special exemption status to any male who is obese, unkempt, and has a gut protruding out from his sweat stained wife-beater. If you don't fall in either of those two categories, yes, it's immature and sort of pathetic.

:kicksrock:

Yes! Special exemption!

• Like 1

Time for everyone to relax, take a deep breath, and wait for the rape trial.

Yes. Where he will be found guilty in a civil matter. :lmao:

Are you still parsing words? :grad:

• Joe Bryant changed the title to QB Jameis Winston, NO