What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Jameis Winston, NO (4 Viewers)

Heard this the CBS podcast and thought it was interesting. This is a comp of Winston's 2nd year and Blake Bortles 2nd year

Winston  YPA: 7.2  TD% 4.9  Int% 3.2   QB Rating:86.1 Completion% 60.8 

Bortles   YPA: 7.3  TD% 5.8  Int% 3.0   QB Rating:88.2 Completion% 58.6 

Now these aren't perfect comparisons since Bortles was likely throwing into softer defensive coverage in garbage time where I think Winston was in more close games. However, there were similarities in having struggling run games, one big time WR and some questionable supporting targets (I know Hurns had a good year, but are we really sure he's actually all that good?). 
Numbers can't show how bad bortles is.

Seeing him in the 10-12 range, I thinK with Evans & the new stretch option of DJack he could outperform his draft position.

This will be bumped a lot by December FYI 
My turn. Boy this sure hasn't turned out like you thought it would now has it? Did you see how he threw that one pass to the wide open defender. Koetter is in trouble if they can't get a lead and reign in Mr. INT. Koetter knows the guy is a turover machine and is at best a game manager. It's ok, I think next week you guys play a cupcake.

I couldn't help myself.
Me either.

You mean because he's out of the league?
He should be because he totally sucks. Another 3 INTs for Mr Turnover. Should have been 4 but Brate bailed him out on that stupid pass he threw falling backwards.

My turn. Boy this sure hasn't turned out like you thought it would now has it? Did you see how he threw that one pass to the wide open defender. Koetter is in trouble if they can't get a lead and reign in Mr. INT. Koetter knows the guy is a turover machine and is at best a game manager. It's ok, I think next week you guys play a cupcake.

Me either.

He should be because he totally sucks. Another 3 INTs for Mr Turnover. Should have been 4 but Brate bailed him out on that stupid pass he threw falling backwards.
:lmao:  love that you are still fighting this overwhelmingly losing fight. Good for you. :thumbup:  

And I'm winning the fight. KO'ed you today. Your bum is one of the biggest turnover machines when allowed to throw. Dirk has a real problem and he knows it. He's gona need to build a 85 Bears style D in order to take the next step and overcome your guy that keeps making stupid decisions.

As someone who has no dog in this fight (I don't own Winston, don't hate him as a player, don't own any bucs WRs, and wish him well), I have to agree that Winston is a game manager, or at least that's what his coach wants him to be.  It's the reason I did not draft him this year.  2nd half of last season koetter transitioned the bucs to a run heavy offense that relies more on stingy defense  and grind it out game scripts in order to lower winston's mistakes.  

I think Winston has the ability to be much more than a game manager but that's all his coach wants out of him rt now.  

Now, if that injury to gerald mccoy keeps him out for any period of time that might make koetter open things up for winston to start slinging it more as they might be trailing in more games moving forward.  

I think he has a bright future but his coach holds him back, and he does make boneheaded turnovers.  

And I'm winning the fight. KO'ed you today. Your bum is one of the biggest turnover machines when allowed to throw. Dirk has a real problem and he knows it. He's gona need to build a 85 Bears style D in order to take the next step and overcome your guy that keeps making stupid decisions.
:lmao:  Troll on, troll

Yes it is.
Not his best day. All three of those picks were at times where it looked like points would have swung the game in Tampa's favor. But, he kind of had to force the issue with the way the defense was playing. I'd prefer that versus 5 yard checkdowns when the team is behind by 2 scores. 

Speaking of checkdowns. We going to bump this every week? Glennon isn't in Jameis' league, which was the reason I quoted your previous post. Your entire argument has been that he'd be out of the NFL in 3 years and Tampa should have kept Glennon. 

Can't see how that sum equals you "winning" anything here. 

Not his best day. All three of those picks were at times where it looked like points would have swung the game in Tampa's favor. But, he kind of had to force the issue with the way the defense was playing. I'd prefer that versus 5 yard checkdowns when the team is behind by 2 scores. 

Speaking of checkdowns. We going to bump this every week? Glennon isn't in Jameis' league, which was the reason I quoted your previous post. Your entire argument has been that he'd be out of the NFL in 3 years and Tampa should have kept Glennon. 

Can't see how that sum equals you "winning" anything here. 
Nice try putting words in my mouth. Let me correct you. Keep Glennon and draft either Goff or Wentz the following year. Both will prove to be better QBs. Goff now has a legit head coach. Using one of Capella favorite stats, yards per attempt, Goff is double digits and a 5-1 TD-INT ratio. You can rad it here: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/732059-official-jared-goff-bandwagon/?page=3

Also, I can't make them get rid of the bum. They have to feel the pain of his mistakes. Eventually they will give up. He should be gone. He's a mistake prone bum that doesn't learn from his mistakes. I'd say they are about eaven. maybe give the edge to Glennon as he has NOTHING to throw to in Chicago and r. INT has 2 Pro Bowl WRs.

Just doing what Capella does when the bum plays a cupcake team and puts up stats. I didn't bump it last week when Dirk reigned him in and ran the ball to a victory and let him manage the game. Oh yeah, as far as you guys bringing up the 'gone in 3 years' comment, I can equally bring up Capella's statement 'Winston is a generational talent'. We can see he is much closer to my prediction than Capella's because if a turnover machine is what a generational talent looks like, then the NFL may as well fold up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
What pick would JW be if all players were thrown back into a pool and re-drafted, starting with the worst current records?

Big deal. Played a 0-3 inept cupcake at home and barely won. No one 20 yards close to OJ Howard. Yeah, that's a real tough team ya barely beat.

:lmao:

Big deal. Played a 0-3 inept cupcake at home and barely won. No one 20 yards close to OJ Howard. Yeah, that's a real tough team ya barely beat.

:lmao:
The only thing to do when you have a horrible argument that you are clearly getting trounced on, is to keep moving the target. :thumbup:  

Not even close.  FWIW, NFL network has Winston at #57 on their list of the top 100 players in 2017.

http://www.nfl.com/network/top100

Granted, that's a slightly different focus than what gump asked.
Considering his parameters and the way he framed the question Winston would have to be considered #1.  Now, gump didn't say if it was for one season, 10 seasons, etc.  But, I took it to mean if all the NFL franchises were starting fresh right now which players would get drafted early?  QB's.  I can't think of any I'd rather have over Jameis for the next 10+ years.

Considering his parameters and the way he framed the question Winston would have to be considered #1.  Now, gump didn't say if it was for one season, 10 seasons, etc.  But, I took it to mean if all the NFL franchises were starting fresh right now which players would get drafted early?  QB's.  I can't think of any I'd rather have over Jameis for the next 10+ years.
Wentz. But I'm an Eagles fan. I am very happy he is our QB.

You understood what I was asking and it was a question almost everyone knows the answer to...

I think your top 5 of young QB's would be Winston, Wentz, Goff, Watson, and Prescott, in no particular order. Obviously they will differentiate themselves over time, but they all are looking like they have the tools to be successful for a long time.

If a really awfully managed team was #1, then it's Winston. Otherwise it's Goff and Wentz as the 1st 2 QBs taken.

If a really awfully managed team was #1, then it's Winston. Otherwise it's Goff and Wentz as the 1st 2 QBs taken.
Pff has Winston as the #6 QB so far this year. Goff 17. Don't know about Wentz. :bye:  

Went and looked. Wentz 11. 

New England D just getting within 3 yards of Winston and he's missing wildly.  They should've tried that with Smith Brees, and Cam.  It's like the 85 Bears!

I very rarely get to watch Winston play, but whenever I do he is awful.  However,  he has put up some good games when I haven't watched.  Seems to still make a lot of stupid decisions.

He sucks tonight. There is no way to sugercoat it.  Jackson was just open for an easy long TD and Winston overthrew him by 5 yards. Awful. 

I very rarely get to watch Winston play, but whenever I do he is awful.  However,  he has put up some good games when I haven't watched.  Seems to still make a lot of stupid decisions.
He's good way more than bad.  But when he's bad he's like the worst you have ever seen

Before the game the commentators said he was excited to be on the same field as Tom Brady. I don't know if he as ever played against the Patriots before, but it seems that he has the jitters, and still hasn't settled down.

Two years running, EVERY time I start him, he ####s the bed....

perma-benched...

Still waiting for him to make one good throw tonight against this matador defense.  Give me Mariota, Wentz, Prescott, and maybe Goff when talking QBs who have been drafted the last 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread