What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mock Draft #3 (1 Viewer)

jurb26

Footballguy
This will likely be my last mock so I figured, what the hell may as well throw in some trades. Gets a lot trickier with trades.

1. *TRADE* - Atl (from HOU) - Atl gives 6, 37, 15' 1st and 3rd for 1 overall - Jadeveon Clowney, DE South Carolina - I think Atl wants Clowney bad and HOU will be willing to do the trade for the right price. Clowney is easily the best player in this draft and he will go 1st overall no matter what IMO. Atl gets the dominant edge rusher and freak they so desire.

2. St. L - Greg Robinson, T Auburn - With Clowney off the board most of the hopes St. L had of trading this pick went away. There's not much reason for St. L to bypass the best T prospect to come out in a few years and one of the few elite players in this draft.

3. Jack - Khalil Mack, OLB Buffalo - This is a tough call between Mack and Watkins. Jack will be looking for insurance at the WR position thanks to Blackmon and his problems. Mack however is the player with a higher grade and also fills a major need for Jack. M. Is the 2nd best edge rusher in this draft and will make an immediate impact as one of the final pieces to the overhaul of Jack's front 7.

4. Clev - Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson - Many seem to think this pick has to be a QB but I simply don't agree. Clev doesn't view any of this years QB worthy of this pick and will use it to grab a top talent. That player is Watkins.

5. *TRADE* - Buf (from Oak) - Buf gives 9 and 41, Oak gives 5 and 107 - Mike Evans, WR Texas A&M - with 2 of the 3 players Buf highly covets off the board and a willing trading partner, Buf takes their opportunity to come up and grab Evans. Buf needs a big body WR to help their young QB and inject the offense with big plays. Insert Evans, who may be the best deep threat in the class.

6. HOU (from Atl) - Jake Mathews, T Texas A&M - Surprisingly, even after moving down HOU doesn't use their 1st selection on a QB. T is also a need for HOU and Mathews is clearly the top player on their board at this stage. HOU will look to address QB in round 2 or possibly trade back into the end of round 1 to select a signal caller.

7. TB - Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A&M - 3 A&M players come off the board in a row here. TB clearly doesn't see Glennon as the future of their franchise and use this opportunity to draft their top QB. That guy seems to be Johnny Manziel, who will compete in year 1 for the starting role vs. McCown.

8. *TRADE* - NYG (from Minn) - NYG gives 12 and 74 for 8 - Taylor Lewan, T Michigan - NYG simply have to protect Eli better this year and Lewan is the last top notch T in the draft. The NYG move up to secure him because there is a very good chance he's not there with the 12 pick.

9. Oak (from Buf) - Blake Bortles, QB UCF - Oak selects Bortles to be the future of their franchise after moving down a few spots.

10. Det - Anthony Barr, OLB UCLA - For a long time now I've been slating Gilbert here. I've began to think Barr is the guy, however. Barr should be the higher rated player and Det needs help getting to the QB as well as covering guys. Pass rushers are in limited supply in this draft, especially ones with the raw explosiveness of Barr, so he trumps Gilbert.

11. Tenn - Justin Gilbert, CB Oklahoma St. - Det passing on Gilbert makes this an easy choice for Tenn. They will gladly take the best CB in the draft to address the hole left by Verner.

12. Minn (from NYG) - Haha Clinton-Dix, S Alabama - This pick could go a lot of ways; QB, Oline or S. In the end Minn takes the best S in the draft as he's the BPA.

13. St. L - Calvin Pryor, S Louisville - St. L will look at WRs with this selection as well but inevitably come to the conclusion they can get a great WR later in the draft. Pryor is 1 of 2 top talents at S and waiting on this position will be much more difficult.

14. Chi - Aaron Donald, DT Pitt - The run on S makes this selection rather easy for Chi. Donald is the perfect scheme fit for Chi as he can create inside pressure with his athleticism.

15. Pitt - Kyle Fuller, CB VTech - Pitt really seems to be targeting a CB here and for good reason. They need to add youth to this position. Picking Fuller may come as a surprise to many but he's moving up draft boards pretty rapidly. He's got better overall athleticism than Dennard as well as better fluidity in his hips.

16. *TRADE* SF (from Dal) - SF gives 30, 56 and 129 for 16 - Odell Beckham Jr., WR LSU - Dal was hoping to land either Donald or 1 of the top S's. With them all gone, they look to move this pick as they've got a lot of holes. SF seems like a great partner to move up. They are looking for a playmaking WR and OBJ is just the right fit.

17. Balt - Zach Martin, T Notre Dame - Balt needs a RT and Martin appears to be a great fit for that spot. WR could also be in play here but I think the guy they want is OBJ, who SF jumped in front of them to take.

18. NYJ - Darqueze Dennard, CB MSU - By adding Decker via free agency, NYJ afford themselves the option of going BPA here. CB is also an area of need for them so Dennard falling is a blessing in disguise.

19. *TRADE* HOU (from Mia) - HOU gives 33, 65 and 141 for 19 - Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville - Rumors of the epic Teddy slide do not come to fruition as HOU moves back into round 1 to put the madness to an end. Mia was desperate to get out of this pick once Martin came off the board and is happy to gain extra picks to fill their needs.

20. Arz - Ryan Shazier, OLB tOSU - without any real needs to address here Arz simply takes the top guy on their board, Shazier. They could potentially look at QBs here but decide they can wait until later.

21. GB - Eric Ebron, TE UNC - Ebron is the clear top TE in the draft and he fills a need in the GB offense. Pretty good match of top player meeting need.

22. Philly - Brandon Cooks, WR Oregon St. - Cooks can come in an immediately help cushion the loss of Jackson. He's got the speed to threaten deep and can also play a hand on ST.

23. *TRADE* Minn (from KC) - Minn gives 40 and 72 for 23 - Derek Carr, QB Fresno St. - Carr looks like a solid fit for Tuners offense in Minn. He's got perhaps the best pure arm in the draft and can challenge defenses with deep throws.

24. Cinci - Bradley Roby, CB tOSU - Cinci needs help a CB pretty badly and Roby is the best available. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cinci move up to get a top CB.

25. SD - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT Minn - Hageman has skills that can transition him I to several different roles on the Dline and is just too talent for SD to pass up here.

26. Clev - CJ Mosely, LB Alabama - With the top QBs all gone now, Clev finds themselves in a bit of a pinch. They revert to taking the BPA at this point and that is Mosely.

27. NO - Marcus Roberson, CB Florida - one of the only weak spots in NO is at CB and there are a couple of guys I could see them going with to address that. Roberson is my highest rated available so I'll slot him in.

28. Car - Marqise Lee, WR USC - the WR position in Car is a joke right now. Then again, so is T. Lee is just much better than the Olinemen available at this stage.

29. NE - Louis Nix, DT Notre Dame - Wilfork isn't going to be around forever and NE needs to start thinking about his replacement. Nix is the perfect guy for that job and probably should have been drafted earlier.

30. Dal (from SF) - Timmy Jernigan, DT FSU - this is a great consolation prize to missing out on Donald earlier. Not only do they get a comparable player, but they add much needed picks in the process.

31. Den - Kony Ealy, DE Mizzue - Den could use some depth and added pass rush. Who couldn't? Ealy is a steal this late.

32. Sea - Stephon Tuitt, DE Notre Dame - The current Champs are pretty loaded so this pick is anyone's guess. I'll place Tuitt here as he's one of the top guys remaining and Sea did lose Bryant.

33. Mia (from HOU) - Xavier Su'a-Filo, G UCLA

34. Wash - Morgan Moses, T Virginia

35. Clev - Carlos Hyde, RB tOSU

36. Oak - Kelvin Benjamin, WR FSU

37. HOU (from Atl) - Demarcus Lawrence, OLB Boise St.

38. TB - Allen Robinson, WR PSU

39. Jack - Marcus Martin, C USC

40. KC (from Minn) - David Yankey, G Stanford

41. Oak (from Buf) - Cyrus Kouandjio, T Alabama

42. Tenn - Bishop Sankey, RB Washington

43. NYG - Dominique Easley, DT Florida

44. St. L - Davante Adams, WR Fresno St.

45. Det - Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE Washington

46. Pitt - Jordan Mathews, WR Vandy

47. Dal - Dee Ford, DE Auburn

48. Balt - Jimmie Ward, S Northern Illinois

49. NYJ - Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech

50. Mia - JuWan James, T Tenn

51. Chi - Lamarcus Joyner, CB FSU

52. Arz - Tre Mason, RB Auburn

53. GB - Scott Crichton, DE Oregon St.

54. Philly - Jason Verret, CB TCU

55. Cinci - Kyle Van Noy, DE BYU

56. Dal (from SF) - Dion Baily, S USC

57. SD - Jarvis Landry, WR LSU

58. NO - Christian Jones, OLB FSU

59. Indy - Antonio Richardson, T Tenn

60. Car - Joel Bitonio, T Neveda

61. SF - Ego Ferguson, DT LSU

62. NE - Jeremy Hill, RB LSU

63. Den - Loucheiz Purifoy, CB Florida

64. Sea - Cody Latimer, WR Indiana

I like the fact that you have the Raiders trading back and getting Bortles with the 9th pick. However, in my opnion there is no way the Radiers give up the 104 also. They want to add more picks. I would rather stay at #5 in that case and draft Evans.

Pretty realistic draft and trade scenarios. Don't see David Yankey going that early though. He's supposedly a day 3 guy now.

I like it. As a Dallas fan, I can totally see that happening with the trade back with SF. The caveat is that they are high on Zack Martin. If he's available at 16, that will give them significant pause to trade back. The only other minor nit from Dallas' perspective is pick 56 which would most likely be OL, not safety. Though if the safety were Ward or Joyner, they may take the safety. I don't think Bailey would rate above the much-needed OL help.

Great job overall and a very fun read.

Users who are viewing this thread