Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Can we discuss pet peeves here?


Recommended Posts

Ben & Jerry's stupid wooden spoons they give you at their shops. They pay all that attention to their ice cream's taste and mouthfeel and then (if you're not in the mood for a cone), they make you eat it off of those weirdly-shaped, rough-on-your-tongue "spoons."

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, jhib said:

Ben & Jerry's stupid wooden spoons they give you at their shops. They pay all that attention to their ice cream's taste and mouthfeel and then (if you're not in the mood for a cone), they make you eat it off of those weirdly-shaped, rough-on-your-tongue "spoons."

 

We used to use wooden spoons when I was a kid.  I don't see much of a problem here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, jhib said:

Ben & Jerry's stupid wooden spoons they give you at their shops. They pay all that attention to their ice cream's taste and mouthfeel and then (if you're not in the mood for a cone), they make you eat it off of those weirdly-shaped, rough-on-your-tongue "spoons."

 

Hate the wooden “spoon”

Cant even stand the last part of a popsicle because of the wooden stick

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

We used to use wooden spoons when I was a kid.  I don't see much of a problem here.

Yeah, I had my share of those cheap dixie cup ice creams and that's what these remind me of. I never really liked the spoons then, either, but they just were part of the deal. 

When I get ice cream now, I like to savor it. If I'm overpaying for B&J's, I'd rather not use a dixie cup spoon to eat it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've been going to the same amusement park every year for 12 years. It's our little family tradition.  The park has gone through minimal changes in layout during this time, but my wife acts like it's the first time she's ever been here.

Not knowing where rides are, food is etc.

Drives me batty lol

Edited by belljr
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/24/2019 at 9:05 AM, mr. furley said:

when my wife rearranges the dishwasher so that she can jam even more #### in to an already stuffed machine.. then walks away without turning it on because "i was just adding more stuff, not washing the dishes".

literally, just push the button. it will eat up less than 1 second of your life. 

Mine is the opposite.  There will be a sink full of dirty dishes and she will find the absolute worst way to load the dishwasher leaving at least half the dishes still in the sink and then runs the dishwasher right before I get home from work to adjust it.  So now after dinner we have a completely overflowing sink of dishes, but she thinks she saved the world because she ran it with 2 plates and 4 bowls. Or she tried to jam it full but managed to end up with a pot over the center spray jets, so the upper shelf doesn't actually get clean.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Keerock said:

"I could care less"

My response is always "how  much less?"

I tried this with a friend and now he deliberately uses the phrase just to get under my skin.

"Yeah, I could care less about that. By which I mean that I care a tiny, tiny, almost undetectable amount."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, belljr said:

We've been going to the same amusement park every year for 12 years. It's our little family tradition.  The park has gone through minimal changes in layout during this time, but my wife acts k me it's the first time she's ever been here.

Not knowing where rides are, food is etc.

Drives me batty lol

When FBGs PMs are full/won't accept messages

Edited by Keerock
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, UOFI_316 said:

Mine is the opposite.  There will be a sink full of dirty dishes and she will find the absolute worst way to load the dishwasher leaving at least half the dishes still in the sink and then runs the dishwasher right before I get home from work to adjust it.  So now after dinner we have a completely overflowing sink of dishes, but she thinks she saved the world because she ran it with 2 plates and 4 bowls. Or she tried to jam it full but managed to end up with a pot over the center spray jets, so the upper shelf doesn't actually get clean.

In the same category - but my wife and kids pack the sink with dirty dishes with food on them still...

So when its time to load the dishwasher, you have to unpack the sink. Put the dished on the counter so the sink is empty to be able to scrape and rinse the dishes so you can put them in the dishwasher.

JUST PUT THE DAMN DIRTY DISHES ON THE SINK. SAVE A STEP LATER. HEY.....BETTER YET, RINSE YOUR DAMN DISH AND JUST PUT IT IN THE DISHWASHER.

Bunch of lazies in my house. :wall:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see I posted in here before, and I'm not going to check if I'm repeating myself, but . . . people who leave shopping carts loose in parking lots.  Yes, sometimes certain lots don't have enough housing for the carts.  Nonetheless, take the 60-90 seconds tops to walk your cart to the enclosure or ramp or whatever it's called.  You'll get exercise.  You'll prevent people's cars from getting hit.  You'll assist the people working in the store.  And you won't look like someone who's just too frigging self-absorbed or lazy to take care of this basic courtesy.    

Edited by Aerial Assault
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To add on to the dishwasher/sink topic, two things that a certain someone in my household does:

1) I'll sometimes wash dishes at night before heading up to bed, and since we have one of those double bowl sinks, I'll use the one on the left to wash and the one on the right to put them in to air dry overnight.  Usually I'll put them away in the morning before anyone else even gets up, but once in a while she'll be up earlier and use a dish and then rinse it off and put it on top of the clean dishes that were nice and dry and ready to be put away.

2) My kids like to make themselves smoothies, and I've told them to clean the blender right away because it's so much harder to get clean if you let that fruit stuff dry and harden first.  But sometimes they "forget" or "don't have time" and no one gets to it before it's already dry.  So, since I'm a nice guy, I'll fill it with water to let it soak until they're around and can get to it or I decide to wash it for them later on.  Hours later I find that someone needed the sink, so dumped the blender out and put it on the counter where the gunk could get nice and dry and caked-on again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jhib said:

2) My kids like to make themselves smoothies, and I've told them to clean the blender right away because it's so much harder to get clean if you let that fruit stuff dry and harden first.  But sometimes they "forget" or "don't have time" and no one gets to it before it's already dry.  So, since I'm a nice guy, I'll fill it with water to let it soak until they're around and can get to it or I decide to wash it for them later on.  Hours later I find that someone needed the sink, so dumped the blender out and put it on the counter where the gunk could get nice and dry and caked-on again. 

Stop doing any of that.  It's just not worth your time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, jhib said:

To add on to the dishwasher/sink topic, two things that a certain someone in my household does:

1) I'll sometimes wash dishes at night before heading up to bed, and since we have one of those double bowl sinks, I'll use the one on the left to wash and the one on the right to put them in to air dry overnight.  Usually I'll put them away in the morning before anyone else even gets up, but once in a while she'll be up earlier and use a dish and then rinse it off and put it on top of the clean dishes that were nice and dry and ready to be put away.

2) My kids like to make themselves smoothies, and I've told them to clean the blender right away because it's so much harder to get clean if you let that fruit stuff dry and harden first.  But sometimes they "forget" or "don't have time" and no one gets to it before it's already dry.  So, since I'm a nice guy, I'll fill it with water to let it soak until they're around and can get to it or I decide to wash it for them later on.  Hours later I find that someone needed the sink, so dumped the blender out and put it on the counter where the gunk could get nice and dry and caked-on again. 

Throw the blender in the trash. Problem solved. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Throw the blender in the trash. Problem solved. 

leave it dirty and let them clean it if they want to use it.... which only works if the op doesn't use the blender. 

 

re: dishwashers- the wife has a history with a herniated disc, and the movement of bending and reaching is a trigger for it, so I deal with the d/w most of the time. she does put stuff in while I'm at work, especially late, just to keep it from filling up the sink. but she has an uncanny ability to minimize the amount that can go in that (tends to start loading from the middle/center out) combined with the ability to minimize the washability of the items placed within (items on top of other items, bowls facing up to collect water and/or not face the sprayers... it's a pretty spectacular gift. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, dino259 said:

When you actually pay with cash and they give you your change back,  please hand me the coins first.  I don't want then on top of the bills so they fall on the floor.

Huh... I prefer opposite. Bigger on the bottom, smaller on top. Also helps the bills from floating off when you move/close your hand to grab it all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Huh... I prefer opposite. Bigger on the bottom, smaller on top. Also helps the bills from floating off when you move/close your hand to grab it all.

Agreed, and doesn't it make more sense to do the larger currency first to start squaring things up, then the change to finish it off?

You can easily slide the change into your other hand and then into your pocket or whatever, then handle the bills.

I'm with ya here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baseball managers being allowed to watch video before they decide to call for a video review.  In a sport that abhors technology, why allow that?  If you think the ump made a mistake, challenge it.  But I hate that they get to look at video prior to deciding to challenge it or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

Stop doing any of that.  It's just not worth your time.

If you mean stop enabling my kids by helping them clean it, I totally agree.  If you mean I'm not saving anyone time by using a couple seconds to turn on and off the water to fill the blender, I respectfully disagree.  If you mean have a wife and kids, well, I guess it's too late for that advice.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, parasaurolophus said:

Throw the blender in the trash. Problem solved. 

leave it dirty and let them clean it if they want to use it.... which only works if the op doesn't use the blender. 

Yeah, I use it sometimes.  And the wife and kids all have a much greater ability to tolerate clutter and mess than I do (and I'm really not all that picky compared to most people I know).  It's probably one of their pet peeves about me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, El Floppo said:
1 hour ago, dino259 said:

When you actually pay with cash and they give you your change back,  please hand me the coins first.  I don't want then on top of the bills so they fall on the floor.

Huh... I prefer opposite. Bigger on the bottom, smaller on top. Also helps the bills from floating off when you move/close your hand to grab it all.

And please all the Washingtons and/or Lincolns face up and in the same direction.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

Agreed, and doesn't it make more sense to do the larger currency first to start squaring things up, then the change to finish it off?

You can easily slide the change into your other hand and then into your pocket or whatever, then handle the bills.

I'm with ya here.

The bills should all be nice and lined up already.  I would prefer all face up and in one direction but that isn't going to happen.  Lined up should.  I am not holding the bills like a platter.  I want to grab them, and add to the rest of my stack (not racks), slip into my money clip and into my left front pocket.  The coins then go into the right front pocket.  Grab my Burrito and get outta there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Who the hell is paying with cash?  Is this something Boomers love?

I still use cash for small purchases at a lot of places. If it looks sketchy or there isnt a chip reader and my purchase is less than 5 bucks i am likely paying cash. 

I also will often just throw a 20 in my little zip pocket and my drivers license when i go hiking. Dont want to carry my wallet on the mountain and i dont want to leave it in the car unattended for hours. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, jhib said:

1) I'll sometimes wash dishes at night before heading up to bed, and since we have one of those double bowl sinks, I'll use the one on the left to wash and the one on the right to put them in to air dry overnight.  Usually I'll put them away in the morning before anyone else even gets up, but once in a while she'll be up earlier and use a dish and then rinse it off and put it on top of the clean dishes that were nice and dry and ready to be put away.

Been thinking about this.  Can you get a dish drying rack that drains into the sink?  They have them on Amazon.  That would spare this annoyance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/26/2019 at 4:51 PM, Aerial Assault said:

I see I posted in here before, and I'm not going to check if I'm repeating myself, but . . . people who leave shopping carts loose in parking lots.  Yes, sometimes certain lots don't have enough housing for the carts.  Nonetheless, take the 60-90 seconds tops to walk your cart to the enclosure or ramp or whatever it's called.  You'll get exercise.  You'll prevent people's cars from getting hit.  You'll assist the people working in the store.  And you won't look like someone who's just too frigging self-absorbed or lazy to take care of this basic courtesy.    

Not quite as bad, but still bumps my blood pressure...

My local grocery store has two types of carts, the big traditional wagon, and the smaller, sporty model for the image-conscious. The basket return corrals in the parking lot have two distinct lanes, and yet an empty corral is upset as early as basket #2 when dolt-head mismatches his cart with the one in front of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Mister CIA said:

Not quite as bad, but still bumps my blood pressure...

My local grocery store has two types of carts, the big traditional wagon, and the smaller, sporty model for the image-conscious. The basket return corrals in the parking lot have two distinct lanes, and yet an empty corral is upset as early as basket #2 when dolt-head mismatches his cart with the one in front of it.

Return corral!  Thank you!   Turns out that's exactly what it's called.  :thumbup:   Now I can be more articulate about my pet peeve.  :)  

Yeah, that is not as bad because at least they made the effort, but it sounds like it's almost better that they didn't. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My neighbor, for some reason, doesn't seem to understand that a dog or some other animal strews out his garbage every f'n week because he doesn't secure the lid on his garbage can. Every f'n Friday I have to drive by his house, see his trash strewn all over the road. And of course the wind blows it into my yard.

Since he doesn't clean it up I have finally chosen to clean it up myself. Today I walked away with a trash-bag full of his crap.

I could understand a week or two. But every week? Have respect for your neighborhood!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...