What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (7 Viewers)

Becuase it is one thing for someone to jump out in front of traffic when they can tell there is no other opening coming.  But, to cut one single solitary car off when you could have waited 5 seconds and not slowed them down is a total jerk move.
Yep. I can come up with a thought process for the guy that does it in heavy traffic. Still a jerk for driving so slow.

Another driving one.  I'm cruising along in the right lane with barely a safe stopping distance in the car in front of me.  Plenty of room behind me but zippy in the left lane, who's getting off at the next exit, insists on filling that small gap in front of me instead of just filling in behind me where there are multiple car lengths for him to slide right in.  Of course we he merges I have to hit the breaks to avoid hitting him.  Though to his/her credit zippy typically uses a blinker though they likely turn it on at the last possible second as the are in the middle of their lane change.

Another driving one.  I'm cruising along in the right lane with barely a safe stopping distance in the car in front of me.  Plenty of room behind me but zippy in the left lane, who's getting off at the next exit, insists on filling that small gap in front of me instead of just filling in behind me where there are multiple car lengths for him to slide right in.  Of course we he merges I have to hit the breaks to avoid hitting him.  Though to his/her credit zippy typically uses a blinker though they likely turn it on at the last possible second as the are in the middle of their lane change.
zippy sounds like a pinhead

My rule is if there is traffic wait your turn, don't make someone else slam on their brakes because you are in a hurry.  No traffic, go ahead and do 5 u-turns in a row if you want.

My rule is if there is traffic wait your turn, don't make someone else slam on their brakes because you are in a hurry.  No traffic, go ahead and do 5 u-turns in a row if you want.
That's the rule of thumb I've taught my boys when they were/are learning to drive.  If you are going to enter traffic, if the person coming has to alter their speed, you don't have enough room.  I think people when learning to drive do the calculation of "do I have enough time to get into traffic" instead of "can I enter traffic without disrupting it."

Oh, and no one likes Shark Week.  It's like the Pope of cable events.  Everyone loves to talk about Shark Week and count it down and post the stupid clothes they bought for SW.  But no one actually WATCHES Shark Week.  
Shark Week draws over 35 million viewers. I wasn't one of them but apparently a lot of people watch it. 

Even one of the YouTube creator videos got 38 million views: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugRc5jx80yg

Why do the slowest drivers feel the need to get out in front of traffic?  I'm usually a 10 over the speed limit guy, especially on non highway roads.  Driving into work today and I'm on a road that's 25 mph.  I'm doing 30.  Guy pulls out in front of me from a side street and proceeds to do about 16 mph with a parade of cars behind him.  Luckily he was only in front of me for a little over half of my commute.  :angry:
The pedestrian equivalent plaguing NYC sidewalks is that slow walking tourist family rolling 5 or 6 deep, shoulder to shoulder, with at least 1 baby stroller, completely oblivious to anything happening around them as they stare up at the skyscrapers above. 

The pedestrian equivalent plaguing NYC sidewalks is that slow walking tourist family rolling 5 or 6 deep, shoulder to shoulder, with at least 1 baby stroller, completely oblivious to anything happening around them as they stare up at the skyscrapers above. 
Just got back from disney. I swear not a single person ever considers that there are people that walk faster than them. Routinely saw two people take up an entire path. They would get closer together when people were coming opposite direction, but then fan back out as if the person they were with had ebola. 

Just got back from disney. I swear not a single person ever considers that there are people that walk faster than them. Routinely saw two people take up an entire path. They would get closer together when people were coming opposite direction, but then fan back out as if the person they were with had ebola. 
Exact same thing on NYC (and I assume all cities) sidewalks. Add that to some psychological imperative that makes people walk in the middle of a path/sidewalk rather than staying to the right, which with two people will take out most sidewalks in my hood.

Just stay to the right. Don't force me to play red rover red Rover. Because I will.

Exact same thing on NYC (and I assume all cities) sidewalks. Add that to some psychological imperative that makes people walk in the middle of a path/sidewalk rather than staying to the right, which with two people will take out most sidewalks in my hood.

Just stay to the right. Don't force me to play red rover red Rover. Because I will.
I broke through quite a few couples. My daughter loved it as we "zoomed" in the stroller. Never once had any contact. Thats how dumb these people are and how big the gaps in between were. 

look, i get it, you really do have something like a photographic memory. it's pretty amazing at times. but it's not flawless. other people can remember things differently. or actually remember things you've forgotten. or have forgotten things that happened 17 years ago that you think you remember in vivid detail.

it doesn't make you right 100% of the time. nor does it make you particularly smart. it's just some weird brain trick + need for control that you've honed to a point.

it's way beyond tired to hear you say "how can you not remember that?? it was 1998 and we were at the mexican place on the west side after we stopped at the gas station. it was 7:18 exactly when you said X. i remember it exactly. you just don't remember anything because you don't care."

look, i get it, you really do have something like a photographic memory. it's pretty amazing at times. but it's not flawless. other people can remember things differently. or actually remember things you've forgotten. or have forgotten things that happened 17 years ago that you think you remember in vivid detail.

it doesn't make you right 100% of the time. nor does it make you particularly smart. it's just some weird brain trick + need for control that you've honed to a point.

it's way beyond tired to hear you say "how can you not remember that?? it was 1998 and we were at the mexican place on the west side after we stopped at the gas station. it was 7:18 exactly when you said X. i remember it exactly. you just don't remember anything because you don't care."
You monster

Hey guys (and gals) - after you're done filling up gas and want to buy something from the convenience store, would it be too much trouble to ask you to move your ####### car away from the pump and park at one of the gazillion parking spots?

I always knew you were wrong for me - liquoredupfurleywife

Last edited by a moderator:
More dish talk...

Wife is making pancakes. I hear every damn drawer in the kitchen being opened and closed feverishly. So I ask what she is looking for. "The silicon brush for spreading sauce".

I explain "Oh that's on the dish drying rack since we have to hand wash it" (its a two piece annoying piece of crap that if you put it in the dishwasher doesnt come clean and tastes like lemony soap. It will also drip water out of the handle since there is a hole there that inevitably gets a little filled up in the dishwasher). 

Now of course since it is a pain in the butt to clean I try to use it only when we really need it. So I ask what she needs it for, since she is making pancakes and spreading bbq sauce isnt the usual process. She wants it so she can put butter on the griddle. Yes. That's right.  She has a little dish out that she is going to melt butter in and then use the brush to spread the melted butter on the griddle. 

Now I have two choices, I can point out how a pat of butter spreads on a hot griddle using any utensil you want, or I can come in this thread and complain about it, since I will inevitably have to wash the silicon brush since my wife doesn't believe it tastes and smells like soap. My wife has taste buds and a sense of smell like a smoker. Except for sulfur. I swear if my neighbor farts she can smell it. 

Thanks for listening. Time to go moisturize my hands with some palmolive and put some potpourri in my ######.  

It's my step-daughter's birthday next week. Not a child. She is turning 23, has graduated from college, has a job, and an apartment. She asked us to set up a brunch for local family members next Sunday. Wife asks her where she wants to go. She says we should pick. Wife asks me where I want to go:

> Not my birthday, she should pick.

> She wants us to pick.

> Okay, wherever, you pick.

> No, you'll be giving up a Sunday. You pick.

> Near us or near her?

> Near us, I want to make it as easy for you as possible.

> Okay, ABC (nice place, birthday-worthy, three block walk from the condo, valet for people who are driving)

> Isn't that kind of expensive? We're going to be paying for 8-10 people. And parking will be difficult.

> It has a valet. And WTH are we paying for everyone? Of course we'll pay for her. But everyone else has a job.

> Listen, we're paying. That's just the way we do it. Pick someplace else.

> Okay, XYZ (not as nice, but still birthday-worthy, four block walk, valet)

> Oh, I don't really like that place. And parking is still difficult.

> IT HAS A VALET! Why don't you pick since you don't like the places I picked.

She calls her daughter and they decide to go to a place that's almost an hour drive away, not much less expensive than the first place I picked. But it'll be easier to get parking for everyone who will be driving--which now includes us.

Summary of this thread.   The biggest pet peeve =women. 
My wife is great. We get along great. It couldn't be better when it's just the two of us. It just falls apart when other people are involved. She has this horrible need to accomodate everyone. Which is impossible.

new girl at work repeats the last thing you said back to you but with an extremely sarcastic tone

ng (asks question). furley responds "blah blah blah, let's wait and see how they respond.."

ng: yeaaaaaah.  let's wait and see how they respond :rolleyes:

which is fine sometimes. i don't mind sarcasm but not EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. YOU. RESPOND.

new girl at work repeats the last thing you said back to you but with an extremely sarcastic tone

ng (asks question). furley responds "blah blah blah, let's wait and see how they respond.."

which is fine sometimes. i don't mind sarcasm but not EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. YOU. RESPOND.
She wants you.

Don't know if this is just a Kroger thing, but the whole "I'm too lazy to do my own shopping so I get someone at the store to do it and she/he has a massive ####### cart that takes up half the ####### isle and does not give 2 ####s to get out of my way because I'm not too lazy to do my own shopping and why the #### would you want someone getting paid $7 an hour to pick out your produce" needs to stop.

Oh, and they take up great parking spots too. 

Don't know if this is just a Kroger thing, but the whole "I'm too lazy to do my own shopping so I get someone at the store to do it and she/he has a massive ####### cart that takes up half the ####### isle and does not give 2 ####s to get out of my way because I'm not too lazy to do my own shopping and why the #### would you want someone getting paid $7 an hour to pick out your produce" needs to stop.

Oh, and they take up great parking spots too. 
Greatest invention known to man.

Can't tell you the last time I actually Grocery Shopped 

I bet she has big, cheese filled knockers.

Go on...

Greatest invention known to man.

Can't tell you the last time I actually Grocery Shopped 
Then you are part of the problem.  And you just made the list.

P.S. you really let some troglodyte pick out your produce and meat or do you just eat Twinkies and ding dongs?  :nttawwt:

P.S. you really let some troglodyte pick out your produce and meat or do you just eat Twinkies and ding dongs?  :nttawwt:
lol - i dont think produce is available.   We dont buy steak.   But for chicken - yeah - :shrug:

Put in Purdue Chicken Breast - and ~ weight,    :shrug:

No Kroger, but I use this for Target.  Yes, I let some trog pick out the produce.  if they get crappy produce, we email the service and they take it off the bill (I'm guessing the shopper gets a red mark, but that might be expecting too much).  Regardless, I have no issues with what they get 95% of the time.  And the 5% inconvenience is worth never having to grocery shop.

My wife just refuses to admit she is in error about anything and it drives me batty. I am talking silly, meaningless things like failing to close the shower curtain after a shower so it drains and doesn't get mildew on it. 

Why is it so difficult to admit any errors in today's world? 

Oh... and this probably belongs in the "Note to my Co-worker" thread, but applies here too:

Folks that don't realize their constant coughing is bothering the EFF out of people around you.  

Hey smartie, ever hear of a cough drop?  

This happens 5-6 times a year without question.  This person is killing me.

My wife just refuses to admit she is in error about anything and it drives me batty. I am talking silly, meaningless things like failing to close the shower curtain after a shower so it drains and doesn't get mildew on it. 

Women have been like that for millennia my friend.

Oh... and this probably belongs in the "Note to my Co-worker" thread, but applies here too:

Folks that don't realize their constant coughing is bothering the EFF out of people around you.  

I have a chronic cough brought on by an asthmatic reaction to various things, but usually started after a cold or allergy season.

It was only diagnosed in the last few years...and I now have a arsenal of inhalers and medicine to take for it proactively and in the midst of a bad attack. They help a ton. But before then, I was just told by every Dr imaginable- tough luck, you've got a chronic cough...nothing to be done. And I hate being disruptive in any way...the coughing thing kills me, so it's been a relief to have a way to combat it. Only problem is that some insurance covers the medicine that works and others don't. My current one doesnt. I loaded up on my last trip to mexico- it's expensive af here in the US.

Fwiw...cough drops do bupkis for this, and likely for your coworker.

buddy, we've got a guy who cough incessantly all day. every day. for the last 15 years.

FIFTEEN YEARS

I have HEB deliver my groceries.  The produce has been perfect.  The date on the dairy products is excellent.  The one time I got a bad product was a twelve-pack of Coke.  They refunded the money without any questions.  No Trogladytes have delivered or picked my groceries.  This is Houston.  There are no caves.

Seriously, we save hours of our time not having to grocery shop.  It takes me about fifteen minutes to choose what we need.  It comes right to my door.  Easy peasy.

Mrs. Rannous said:
I have HEB deliver my groceries.  The produce has been perfect.  The date on the dairy products is excellent.  The one time I got a bad product was a twelve-pack of Coke.  They refunded the money without any questions.  No Trogladytes have delivered or picked my groceries.  This is Houston.  There are no caves.

Seriously, we save hours of our time not having to grocery shop.  It takes me about fifteen minutes to choose what we need.  It comes right to my door.  Easy peasy.
I've seen them in our HEB shopping the produce. Must vary by city because I sure wouldn't want them choosing mine. But regardless, and back to the OP's point, those carts are huge and they leave them all over the damn place, blocking half the items you are trying to get to. It is annoying.

I've seen them in our HEB shopping the produce. Must vary by city because I sure wouldn't want them choosing mine. But regardless, and back to the OP's point, those carts are huge and they leave them all over the damn place, blocking half the items you are trying to get to. It is annoying.
I expect it varies by store.  Great manager;  great service.  Crappy managers make for unhappy employees.

I haven't shopped in a grocery store since they started this service, so I've never seen the big carts.  Sounds a bit like Amazon.

New to women?

Welcome to the man's life, brother

Really annoyed with how often my sons school sends out automated voice messages. 

They always come from the same caller id number. So my son being injured, school being canceled, or the bake sale message show up from the same number. 

We just got one a few seconds ago because somebody called the anonymous tip line that somebody brought a toy gun to school on monday. Thats it. They have not identified the student or found the toy. 

I get wanting to have proper info out there, but maybe that could have been done via email? 

This applies to a lot of things, but I'll use golf shoe spikes as an example.  

Can we all just come up with a single standard when it comes to items we all use?  Every company uses golf spikes but they all have their own set that fits their models.  And I get they want to make sure they make money, but it gets even more annoying when the next year, they change the design.  So even a single company can have 12 different possible types of spikes that fit in a shoe.  

I don't believe the government should be involved in a lot of things, but I fully support them governing standards.  Phone chargers, golf spikes, screws, whatever.  I want 1 standard across the board, damnit.  :angry:

This applies to a lot of things, but I'll use golf shoe spikes as an example.  

Can we all just come up with a single standard when it comes to items we all use?  Every company uses golf spikes but they all have their own set that fits their models.  And I get they want to make sure they make money, but it gets even more annoying when the next year, they change the design.  So even a single company can have 12 different possible types of spikes that fit in a shoe.  

I don't believe the government should be involved in a lot of things, but I fully support them governing standards.  Phone chargers, golf spikes, screws, whatever.  I want 1 standard across the board, damnit.  :angry:
Gas fill up on the drivers side of the car on all cars. This is the one I want standardized.

Users who are viewing this thread