What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

So I get to spend $9k MQDs a year to reach Platinum status and maybe get a free, same day "upgrade" to Delta comfort over the Silver and Gold folks, for the chance to score $10 in free drinks. Makes sense. 
I cant even understand what you're saying here.  If you dont want the upgrade fine..give it to someone else.  I like them.  And I like boarding first.  That's it

It's the worst lcd hive mind kid stuff going. Be just out of college, out on a Santa cap, start drinking at 11am , start peeing and puking publicly everywhere by 3, general thoughtless beligerance until passing out. I'm sure it's fun for them- who doesn't like puking at 1pm in the middle of a busy NYC intersection and then mob mentality taking over sidewalks and neighborhoods the rest of the day... A blast. For the rest of us trying to take our kids to their classes and whatnot....yeah...awesome.
this feels like a Tuesday in Milwaukee

Another car one:

If you have a green light, do not let out traffic from a side road.  Drive.  When the light turns red and everyone starts coming to a stop, that's when the side street traffic can be waved in.  I can't tell you how many times I've got behind an idiot who lets out 20 people when we have a green light 50 yards ahead of us and we don't make it through the light.  You have literally just made traffic worse for miles behind you because you don't understand how the flow of traffic works.

Super 70s Sports twitter account posted the following and I agree 100%:

I hate it when a convenience store line is slowed down by some ####### buying lottery tickets. Go home, light a fire in a barrel, throw your money in that instead, and get the #### out of here. I’m trying to buy junk food like a responsible adult.

Super 70s Sports twitter account posted the following and I agree 100%:

I hate it when a convenience store line is slowed down by some ####### buying lottery tickets. Go home, light a fire in a barrel, throw your money in that instead, and get the #### out of here. I’m trying to buy junk food like a responsible adult.
:goodposting: Best post in here in awhile

Last edited by a moderator:
Another car one:

If you have a green light, do not let out traffic from a side road.  Drive.  When the light turns red and everyone starts coming to a stop, that's when the side street traffic can be waved in.  I can't tell you how many times I've got behind an idiot who lets out 20 people when we have a green light 50 yards ahead of us and we don't make it through the light.  You have literally just made traffic worse for miles behind you because you don't understand how the flow of traffic works.
So many times this...

Similar with 2 way stop signs...come to the stop, there is cross traffic going, another car stopped at the stop sign across the street.  Me, left turn signal on, them going straight.

They sit and wait, then either flash lights or wave to let me go...thinking they are being courteous.  What they are doing is stopping the normal flow of traffic and making things take longer.  had they just gone when I was supposed to yield the right of way...things would go smoother.

I used to just yell and call them morons...now I have a group of 15 year olds in the car at times to and from school activities and I end up being better and calmer and explaining to them why the other drive is wrong and when its them driving to be courteous by just following the normal rules and keeping traffic flowing as it is intended to.

Another car one:

Just yesterday I was at an intersection on a busy road.  The direction I'm traveling is two lights from an underpass for a highway, so it gets backed up with cars coming off and going on the highway.  I'm approaching a green light, and the cars are backed up as the next light is red.  Cars have already pulled into the intersection and blocking cross traffic (they will be blocking once their light turns red anyway).  The next light up finally turns green, so cars start moving up.  One of the cars sitting in the middle of the intersection waits and allows a car from the cross street turn right before he proceeds through the intersection.  I couldn't believe it.

So many times this...

Similar with 2 way stop signs...come to the stop, there is cross traffic going, another car stopped at the stop sign across the street.  Me, left turn signal on, them going straight.

They sit and wait, then either flash lights or wave to let me go...thinking they are being courteous.  What they are doing is stopping the normal flow of traffic and making things take longer.  had they just gone when I was supposed to yield the right of way...things would go smoother.

I used to just yell and call them morons...now I have a group of 15 year olds in the car at times to and from school activities and I end up being better and calmer and explaining to them why the other drive is wrong and when its them driving to be courteous by just following the normal rules and keeping traffic flowing as it is intended to.
I also hate the guy who doesn't go at the same time the guy across from him goes.  It technically isn't his turn, so he'll wait for the other three cars to go.  But he could have easily gone straight while the guy across from him was also going straight.  Situational awareness, people.  :angry:

I'm pretty much over all memes.  Some of them were funny for awhile (I'm looking at you, angry cat) but now it's just getting tiresome.  Enough already.
Reminds me of Facebook.  When I first got on a decade ago, it was just filled with people writing funny stuff and being goofy.  Then it morphed into a place to argue politics.  I got off about 3 years ago.

But memes used to all be funny.  But lately, I'll go on Imgur and it's nothing but political or woke stuff.  I could spend hours on that site a decade ago.  Now I go on and I'm done after about 2 minutes and 40 non humorous memes about Hong Kong.

Reminds me of Facebook.  When I first got on a decade ago, it was just filled with people writing funny stuff and being goofy.  Then it morphed into a place to argue politics.  I got off about 3 years ago.

But memes used to all be funny.  But lately, I'll go on Imgur and it's nothing but political or woke stuff.  I could spend hours on that site a decade ago.  Now I go on and I'm done after about 2 minutes and 40 non humorous memes about Hong Kong.
Don't want to turn this into the Politics Forum, but now that Trump's been impeached, I suspect my Facebook feed is going to be littered with more political crap than normal.  And yeah, it's all memes these days.  Some are chuckle-worthy, others get scrolled past without even looking.  

Cars have already pulled into the intersection and blocking cross traffic (they will be blocking once their light turns red anyway). 
I hate this guy/girl with a white-hot passion.  If he is stuck there when my light turns green I always drive right up to within inches of their car, laying on the horn the whole time. 

It does make me feel better.

ChiefD said:
I hate this guy/girl with a white-hot passion.  If he is stuck there when my light turns green I always drive right up to within inches of their car, laying on the horn the whole time. 

It does make me feel better.
Agreed when they are blocking after the light changes.  However, the cars in my scenario would have easily been able to proceed through, had this jackhole not stopped to let cross traffic in when he still had the right of way.

In the comment sections of youtube music videos  - people that post "Who's watching in 2019?"
I feel stupid just typing that. I don't know why I bother scrolling down to read that mess.
All those people are just counting down the days till they can start posting "Who's watching in 2020?"

Ambiguous traffic signs or signals. This right turn only arrow is so annoying. It should not be in front of that parking lot entrance. It should be after. Unless the intent was to make it so that it actually was right turn only into the parking lot in which case you need to not have it be a solid white line all the way to the corner. 

Which takes me to my next annoyance where people break a traffic law to avoid breaking a different traffic law(or maybe not even a law). 

People will get into that lane, then move back left, then move back right. 

Also about a week ago I saw somebody pulling into a do not enter part of a parking lot. They stopped. Then backed up, then drove down the wrong side of the road to pull into the entrance. They had to drive on the wrong side of the road because traffic was moving in the correct lane. Somehow that was the better solution to them instead of just breaking the parking lot rules??? 

Ambiguous traffic signs or signals.
Drives me nuts.  And just about every time I experience an ambiguous or poorly-placed traffic or parking sign, I go on a mini rant about how stupid it is and how easy it would be to correct, so I'm sure it is now one of my wife's pet peeves.  

It is really frustrating when the driver ahead of me leaves 5 or 6 car lengths between him and the car in front of him as we slowly, safely approach a green light, but I feel so good for them when they suddenly floor it to beat the inevitable yellow.  I mean, at least one of us got through, right?  :censored:

jhib said:
It is really frustrating when the driver ahead of me leaves 5 or 6 car lengths between him and the car in front of him as we slowly, safely approach a green light, but I feel so good for them when they suddenly floor it to beat the inevitable yellow.  I mean, at least one of us got through, right?  :censored:
stopping short.  get out of your car.

ask them to roll down their window.

punch their wrinkly stupid face.

people around here still don't understand roundabouts, though we've had them all over the city for years now.

i entered a roundabout, heading right at the same time as the dude to my left entered.  plenty of space. we were several car lengths apart. he freaked out and started randomly honking his horn and flashing his lights at me. then sped up to fake rear end me while blowing his horn.

considered brake check but had my kid in the car. he followed me until i had to turn and faked like he was going to follow me in to the lot but kept driving  :boxing:

people around here still don't understand roundabouts, though we've had them all over the city for years now.

i entered a roundabout, heading right at the same time as the dude to my left entered.  plenty of space. we were several car lengths apart. he freaked out and started randomly honking his horn and flashing his lights at me. then sped up to fake rear end me while blowing his horn.

considered brake check but had my kid in the car. he followed me until i had to turn and faked like he was going to follow me in to the lot but kept driving  :boxing:
So what you're saying is that instead of yielding to someone that wasn't yet in a position for you to yield to, you entered in a safe way that didn't inconvenience the other driver in the slightest?

https://youtu.be/Xk1KRzm0pvg

it's a mystery to me how people can't sort these things out. so many people stop at the yield. or stop right in the middle of the ####### things because they see cars waiting to enter the roundabout from their right and panic. 

i've seen people drive straight over them, then use their blinkers to turn left.  it's amazing. 

Had some lady the other day in St. Pete the other day almost slam into me as Yield signs do not apply to her and then she just looked at me. Sweet.

Also, people driving without their headlights on at dusk and dawn (other than gangbangers)

People that dont fully commit to stopping and just slowly crawl along. Dude its a stop sign. I am not running in front of you until you have stopped. 

I see this all the time at one intersection in particular. It has a hill to the left that blocks the view so you have to gun it pretty good sometimes if you start to turn and then all of a sudden there is a car coming. So people somehow think that the one mile an hour crawling head start makes a big difference. 

Freaking loud talkers in restaurants.  And they always seem to be the ones that never shut their trap. 

Loud talkers anywhere.  At my favorite box store (best prices on boxes), and I keep running into the same doofus walking around the store shouting into his phone. And of course he's not wearing headphones so I get the joy of both sides of the conversation at max volume.

Our smoke detector just started doing the dead battery beep.  It's ten feet up there.  We don't own a ladder.  Joy.
What the hell? Seriously, who doesn't own a ladder? Oh, if you live in an apartment, then I get it. But if you own a home, then right back to what the hell?

Edit: Mrs R, it's Christmas. Give him a ladder... and a 9V battery!

Users who are viewing this thread