What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (6 Viewers)

fight video commentary

everyone critiquing the techniques of dudes in the street punching each other.  "this guy clearly doesn't train MMA like i do. he should have shot the leg and executed a rear naked choke. or hit him with the triangle and submitted him like i would do in this situation."

so ####### dumb. 99% of these people have never even seen a fight in person, much less been in one, but years of wearing Affliction shirts and drinking Monsters makes them Howard Lederman on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
fight video commentary

everyone critiquing the techniques of dudes in the street punching each other.  "this guy clearly doesn't train MMA like i do. he should have shot the leg and executed a rear naked choke. or hit him with the triangle and submitted him like i would do in this situation."

so ####### dumb. 99% of these people have never even seen a fight in person, much less been in one, but years of wearing Affliction shirts and drinking Monsters makes them Howard Lederman on the internet.
try going to a BW3s on fight night ...

Binky The Doormat said:
try going to a BW3s on fight night ...
I'm pretty good buddies a few of the bartenders at our local BWW.   They absolutely HATE fight nights.  Drunk bros who camp out all evening, screaming and yelling their empty heads off, sexually harassing the females, picking fights with other drunk bros before stiffing the wait staff on their checks.  The one near my office just quit showing them because it wasn't worth the headache.  

Imagine a food truck parked next to a sidewalk.

Line forms onto the sidewalk..perpendicular to curb, immediately creating a wall of people blocking the sidewalk. (This applies anywhere that a line forms into a narrow space).

Line up parallel to the curb and the world will keep moving. Seems so stupidly obvious, but people are mind-blowed-up when I line up at a right angle to their idiotic line. 
I can't like this enough.  True story:

Back when I lived in Philly, I worked right across from Independence Hall/Liberty Bell.  I also had a bad habit of hitting the food truck outside my building a few times a week.  During peak tourist horde season, the lining up perpendicular to the street (it's not like 6th and Chestnut is a busy area or anything) drove me batty.  Like Floppo, I would stand next to the truck and tell the last person in line I was after them and add "no need to block the street."  One day, I get majorly tsked-tsked by a Karen who was sure I was trying to cut in line, despite my assurances that I was pretty good at remembering my spot.  A few seconds later, a guy walking down the street gives her an annoyed "excuse me," she huffily takes an exaggerated step backwards as I give a knowing head shake, and BOOM!, she gets plowed by a bike messenger riding illegally down the sidewalk.  Fortunately, she was OK, but it was really hard not celebrate my schadenfreude.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of my pet peeves that I would address should I become POTUS:

• Eliminate the penny.  Every bill paid in cash rounds to the nearest nickle.  Electronic payments can still be down to the penny.
  • Permanent daylight savings time.  There are very few arguments for "falling back" that can't be easily fixed (like later school day starts).  Benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
  • Make it legal to remove tags from mattresses and pillows.

• Eliminate the penny.  Every bill paid in cash rounds to the nearest nickle.  Electronic payments can still be down to the penny.
  • Permanent daylight savings time.  There are very few arguments for "falling back" that can't be easily fixed (like later school day starts).  Benefits far outweigh the drawbacks.
You have my vote.

You have my vote.
The rest of my platform is pretty shaky, but I'll surround myself with good people.

What's your position on duels?

What's your position on duels?
I could be convinced.

Also, I've always thought that pay-per-view executions for death penalty recipients with proceeds funding law enforcement or something similar would be a good thing.  Too polarizing for my platform though.

people turning left who don't get into the intersection while waiting for oncoming traffic.  They also need about two blocks of space before they will turn.  Then when the light turns yellow, instead of completing the turn, they sit there and the light goes red.

parasaurolophus said:
Then follow it up with virtue signaling about how people that havent repainted a wall in their house with a pandemic map with magnetic paint and didnt go buy 452 rolls of tp dont care about old people. 
wait, are we supposed to be doing this? has there been a run on paint?

wait, are we supposed to be doing this? has there been a run on paint?
How else would you constantly update the status of the pandemic without paint that you could stick the little graphics on? Basically need a whole wall. I guess you could repaint the room each time, but that seems a little overboard. 

I normally work from my home office but my wife is home "working" this week and it's distracting so I close my office door. She'll come in, bring the dog with her, play with the dog, make small talk while I'm trying to work, then leaving without closing the door behind her. I get up to shut the door and 15 minutes later she's back to socialize, and leaves again without closing the door. :wall:  
I may need to get this virus if I'm to actually get some peace and quiet to do my job. 

I normally work from my home office but my wife is home "working" this week and it's distracting so I close my office door. She'll come in, bring the dog with her, play with the dog, make small talk while I'm trying to work, then leaving without closing the door behind her. I get up to shut the door and 15 minutes later she's back to socialize, and leaves again without closing the door. :wall:  
I may need to get this virus if I'm to actually get some peace and quiet to do my job. 
I went through that when I first started my new full-time WFH position. We had those discussions very early on. Don't print (printer is in the home office) until you see if I am in a Skype meeting. If the door is closed, don't even think about coming in because I am in a meeting where I am presenting. A little hurt feelings up front will save you a world of annoyance.

Is there a lock on the door?  Can you install one?

She'd just burst through like the Kool-Aid man.
oh yeah!

Ok.  replace the door with a two part door. 

keep the top half open and lock the bottom. 

install a ticket machine. 

have everyone take a ticket to meet with you.

always remove a few numbers to ensure a little wait time.

lock top half and hang a "will be back at....." sign on door.  

make sure you get the last marble rye

I went through that when I first started my new full-time WFH position. We had those discussions very early on. Don't print (printer is in the home office) until you see if I am in a Skype meeting. If the door is closed, don't even think about coming in because I am in a meeting where I am presenting. A little hurt feelings up front will save you a world of annoyance.
Yep.  Clearly TELL her you are working.  Ask her to leave.  Repeat until she gets it.

When an athlete changes teams and before they even get to try on the new uniform websites and such photoshop their heads on their new teams uniform.

Like this one.

Really terrible job on this one, also.

Trying to get our son, who was studying abroad, home from Argentina.  It's been a nightmare for obvious reasons resulting in multiple flight cancellations, rebookings, credits, etc..  My wife and I took turns waiting on hold yesterday to talk to an airline representative - it was about 6 hours worth.  Not whining about the airlines, COVID 19, or the length of time holding.

The music they play while you are on hold is excruciatingly bad and on a continuous loop mixed with "Thank you for your patience, a representative will be with you soon.  Have you tried our website?"  

Delta - I can't get that Delta theme out of my head - I even had dreams that incorporated it last night.  Ba Ba Da Dummm.

United - Talk Talk Talk Talk Talk

AeroMexico - Even on the lowest volume setting, it was so loud.  It just kept coming in 90 seconds waves of a grainy classical piece with some spanish yammering.  Could only last about 20 minutes before having to go outside to get away from it.  The first 7 minutes were tolerable.  Then you started humming along.  Then it started piercing through your eardrums, driving a spike into your brain, and then reached into your soul, sucking out the last of your will.

Oh God, it was terrible.  My son got out of Argentina and is about to land in Panama.  Then to Houston.  Then home about midnight tonight. 

Users who are viewing this thread