What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (3 Viewers)

My neighbors kid and dog finally just finished playing outside. Thank god. Anybody know what game requires trading back and forth barking and high pitch screaming while dribbling a basketball?

Because whatever game that is...that's my new pet peeve. 
This sounds like me and my dog Sparky except instead of dribbling the basketball Sparky humps it. 

Also, Sparky is as blind as a bat

Nextdoor neighbor just mowed my fescue I was wanting to seed out under my 35' ash tree. My bermuda was all nicely cut and edged. Dude never mows his grass, his daughter comes over once a month with her riding mower. Why don't you try weedeating your side of the chain link fence separating our properties, wt? I let him know to stay away from my fescue. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nextdoor neighbor just mowed my fescue I was wanting to seed out under my 35' ash tree. My bermuda was all nicely cut and edged. Dude never mows his grass, his daughter comes over once a month with her riding mower. Why don't you try weedeating your side of the chain link fence separating our properties, wt? I let him know to stay away from my fescue. GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
Well you might want a different grass there anyway for when the tree gets eaten by that little green demon.

People that park in the online pickup designated spots at the grocery store to go inside and do their regular shopping  My local Kroger has 6 spots designated for online order pickup; Walmart has 8.  Every single time I go there to pickup groceries there's at least 1 car parked there with no one in it.  Makes me irrationally angry, and it makes me angrier that the employees delivering the online orders don't care in the slightest that people do this.  

People that go into stores, etc. mask-less., where it clearly says "no mask, no entry".... and the fact that the employees don't enforce it.  I'm wearing one, so should you.
Dinguses don't realize that the mask is to prevent themselves from spraying their nasty #### all over. I saw a few people not wearing masks in the store the other day. Made me irrationally angry. I seriously thought about going up behind them and sweeping their legs out from under them. I just avoided them by about 15 ft or more. 

I just bought an LED hat that I'm going to start wearing to the store to let people know they are ######s

Close talkers, especially during the COVID.  I have an oak tree I want to get taken down near the end of the house.  Called a guy, he comes to the house this evening to take a look and give a quote.  We're standing in my backyard, open air, just the two of us, and the guy just absolutely insists on standing 2 feet away from me.  I kept looking up at the tree, and casually stepping forward/back/side as if to improve my sight angle, and every step I took, he took right behind me.  I'm trying to maintain the 6 foot rule here dude, I can hear you perfectly fine, there's lots of room for us both out here, get out of my pocket! 

Close talkers, especially during the COVID.  I have an oak tree I want to get taken down near the end of the house.  Called a guy, he comes to the house this evening to take a look and give a quote.  We're standing in my backyard, open air, just the two of us, and the guy just absolutely insists on standing 2 feet away from me.  I kept looking up at the tree, and casually stepping forward/back/side as if to improve my sight angle, and every step I took, he took right behind me.  I'm trying to maintain the 6 foot rule here dude, I can hear you perfectly fine, there's lots of room for us both out here, get out of my pocket! 
I had a tree guy stop at my house unsolicited while I was outside working in my yard. I kept backing up, he kept coming forward. I only gave him a chance to speak because my tree guy kinda flaked on me and i do need something cut. He was doing work on a house two doors down. But after his idiocy I just told him I got a guy. 

Gotta give the Jehovah's Witnesses credit.  They stopped doing the door knock thing back in March.  If they can work it out, why can't others?

My wife watching TikTok videos, but she needs to watch each one at least 5 times and I need to hear that unfunny crap multiple times.

Salad dressing bottles that don't have the squeeze nozzle.  Seriously...I don't need giant globs of dressing on my salad.  I get it with a thin dressing like Italian or any oil based on...but thicker stuff...give me the ability to squeeze it in thin stream and not drench the damn lettuce.

Salad dressing bottles that don't have the squeeze nozzle.  Seriously...I don't need giant globs of dressing on my salad.  I get it with a thin dressing like Italian or any oil based on...but thicker stuff...give me the ability to squeeze it in thin stream and not drench the damn lettuce.
You don't use the insert that is in the cap?

My wife watching TikTok videos, but she needs to watch each one at least 5 times and I need to hear that unfunny crap multiple times.

This.  My wife will watch a video clip or something similar on her phone with the volume at 10.
Wow, I thought I was the only one to suffer through this garbage. I always ask her if she is deaf because the volume is as loud as it will go. But she gives me attitude if I so much as breath if she is on a phone call. Please let work from home end NOW!

Please allow 8 weeks for delivery of your rebate.

WTF, please improve your grossly inefficient process!  No way this should take more than two weeks, including mail delivery.

This is regarding my $600 rebate for the purchase of $7K of KitchenAid appliances for my remodel, but the same pet peeve applies to many similar situations...

WTF, please improve your grossly inefficient process!  No way this should take more than two weeks, including mail delivery.

This is regarding my $600 rebate for the purchase of $7K of KitchenAid appliances for my remodel, but the same pet peeve applies to many similar situations...
Same, except for LG.  After 8 weeks, I hadn't received the $500 gift card, so I called and they said I was missing a serial number...Re-filed it...another 8-10 weeks. WTF

Wow, I thought I was the only one to suffer through this garbage. I always ask her if she is deaf because the volume is as loud as it will go. But she gives me attitude if I so much as breath if she is on a phone call. Please let work from home end NOW!
The crazy thing is, my wife's phone is permanently on silent/vibrate and she plays her mobile games with the sound off. Audio provides cues as to what the enemies are doing and where they are so she's knowingly plays at a disadvantage. 
But TikTok? Nah... that ish needs to be 98 decibels through front firing stereo speakers.

Had a similar conversation yesterday. Pllaced an online order from Omaha Steaks,  box arrived late and only 2 of 8 items were still frozen.  I called them up mainly to ask if the items were refreezable.  They offered either a refund on the items that arrived thawed, or a store credit/gift card.  If I chose the refund it would take 2 weeks to go back on my card, but if I chose the gift card, it would be emailed to me immediately. 

UPS tracking says I am supposed to get a package today. It will not get here today. It is still very far away. Packages never arrive at my house without hitting the processing center nearby. That center never sends packages out late in the afternoon/evening. UPS still swears to me it will be on time and refuses to acknowledge that it isn't even in the state yet. Once 9pm rolls around they will update. Until then, Nope, all good!!!

UPS tracking says I am supposed to get a package today. It will not get here today. It is still very far away. Packages never arrive at my house without hitting the processing center nearby. That center never sends packages out late in the afternoon/evening. UPS still swears to me it will be on time and refuses to acknowledge that it isn't even in the state yet. Once 9pm rolls around they will update. Until then, Nope, all good!!!
Between my wife and I someone was here from daylight til midnight last Friday for a fedex “guaranteed delivery”. Nothing

Saturday morning we went to my daughters for a bit. She got a text at 10:16 am that said it would be delivered that day. 

At 1031 am she got a text that they were at our house and no one was home lol.

It ended up being delivered about 7 pm Monday

Between my wife and I someone was here from daylight til midnight last Friday for a fedex “guaranteed delivery”. Nothing

Saturday morning we went to my daughters for a bit. She got a text at 10:16 am that said it would be delivered that day. 

At 1031 am she got a text that they were at our house and no one was home lol.

It ended up being delivered about 7 pm Monday
Our deliveries have increasingly been delivered successfully and on time....just somewhere else. No idea where. And then my wife has to battle tooth and nail for hours to explain this and get a refund.

Amazon delivery people delivering your stuff to someone else and vice versa #firstworldproblems
I enjoy when they send you back a photo confirmation saying it was delivered and you can clearly see the wrong numbers in the photo. 

Which reminds me. Amazon, stop delivering packages next to my address marker along my front walk. There is a sheltered porch five feet away. 

I enjoy when they send you back a photo confirmation saying it was delivered and you can clearly see the wrong numbers in the photo. 

Which reminds me. Amazon, stop delivering packages next to my address marker along my front walk. There is a sheltered porch five feet away. 
Absolutely. My neighbors across the street have this teal metal chair that was a dead giveaway for where my stuff actually went. Good times. 

when ordering takeout & the restaurant says "30 minutes", but you live 15 minutes away.. don't leave the house 30 minutes later and then complain that the restaurant ####ed up because the food is cold when you get home.

you've selected an item to purchase at a store. you know that you have to pay for it. come to the register prepared to pay. whether that be with a card, cash or check. get to the counter ready to make payment.  do not act surprised when you get there. this is not the first time you have ever paid for something in your life.

my god the next time i stand behind someone who is totally shocked that there's an exchange of money for goods & then can't fumble through their possessions to find their form of payment i am going to KO myself.

when ordering takeout & the restaurant says "30 minutes", but you live 15 minutes away.. don't leave the house 30 minutes later and then complain that the restaurant ####ed up because the food is cold when you get home.
On the other hand, don't put a curbside delivery option on your restaurant's website if your staff has no intention to actually bring it out.  You follow the directions, get there at the time they give you and call to let them know you're there, and they tell you it's going to be another 5 minutes.  15 minutes go by - you figure it's taking even longer and you don't want to pester them.  You finally go in to see what's up and find the takeout package has been sitting there on the counter for probably the last 15 minutes. And the place didn't even look busy.

This probably can go in one of many threads but I'll put it here.

The commercial for asthma medicine. It has a mother and son, she's "teaching him" baseball.

So this mom is throwing a pitch from like 30 feet with no net. Then the powerhouse son rips a long drive, we see the mom turn and run the "fly ball" down and makes and "outstanding" catch.  As the son goes crazy and the camera pans back we see the mom is literally next to the pitching mound.....

Just drives me insane!@!@!@

Big shock. Still dont have. 

Package is officially lost. 

Need to call customer service about an issue.  No live chat feature on the website, but they at least give you the option of asking them to call you when it's your turn rather than having to call them and wait on the phone.  They ask what the issue is about so that they can get you to the right person - sounds good - "shipping."  They give you another menu to pick something more specific, and then another.  Wait for the call, but at least it's easier to get other stuff done. Eventually they call and the rep asks about your issue.  You spend 2 minutes explaining your issue, and she comes back with, "Okay, I'm going to transfer you to the shipping department so that someone who deals with shipping can help you."  Wait on hold for next available...   :wall:  

Decimate does NOT mean devastate. It means to wipe out one tenth of something - hence the ‘dec’ prefix. Nobody seems to understand this. It’s now to the point where the definition is being revised in respected dictionaries - kind of like ‘irregardless.’ Along those lines, I would imagine that most people who say that something ‘looks like a war zone’ have ever seen a war zone firsthand. 

This probably can go in one of many threads but I'll put it here.

The commercial for asthma medicine. It has a mother and son, she's "teaching him" baseball.

So this mom is throwing a pitch from like 30 feet with no net. Then the powerhouse son rips a long drive, we see the mom turn and run the "fly ball" down and makes and "outstanding" catch.  As the son goes crazy and the camera pans back we see the mom is literally next to the pitching mound.....

Just drives me insane!@!@!@
A great example, and there are many, of a commercial being directed by a "Corky St. Claire" director that routinely says things like "kick a touchdown".  

Decimate does NOT mean devastate. It means to wipe out one tenth of something - hence the ‘dec’ prefix. Nobody seems to understand this. It’s now to the point where the definition is being revised in respected dictionaries - kind of like ‘irregardless.’ Along those lines, I would imagine that most people who say that something ‘looks like a war zone’ have ever seen a war zone firsthand. 
THANK YOU.  This drives me nuts.  Although parts that get hit by a hurricane with that wind speed do look like a war zone- sometimes including the bodies.

My wife: i hate our fridge. It is too hard to find stuff.

Then goes shopping and jams even more crap in fridge. 

Also my wife while clanging every pot and pan we have: i am trying to find our really big pan. 

Me: it is right here. 

Wife: no thats not it. We have a bigger one.

Me: nope thats the biggest one. 

Wife: i am 100 % sure we have a bigger pan. I found the lid, but I cant find the pan. 

Me: ummmm....this lid fits on this pan. 

Wife...slams all cabinet doors shut. 

I know I posted this before.

My daughter's team I used to only get the emails, then my wife asked to get added. We now use TeamSnap for our schedule. So at my father and sisters request, I added them to my account.  So my wife and I get the team specific emails and my whole family gets the schedule.

Every bleeping week I get the so what time is the game?, where is it?, what do you mean daughter has to get there early?

Grrrrrrrrrrrdd

belljr said:
I know I posted this before.

My daughter's team I used to only get the emails, then my wife asked to get added. We now use TeamSnap for our schedule. So at my father and sisters request, I added them to my account.  So my wife and I get the team specific emails and my whole family gets the schedule.

Every bleeping week I get the so what time is the game?, where is it?, what do you mean daughter has to get there early?

Grrrrrrrrrrrdd
I hate team snap.

Corks in whiskey bottles. I'm a from-the-bottle drinker. I'm gonna take another drink soon, and it's too much effort to pull out for every drink. Can't leave it out, because I will knock the bottle over at some point. Leaving it partially in is the best choice, but too easy to accidentally pick up by the partially-inserted cork and there it all goes.

Corks in whiskey bottles. I'm a from-the-bottle drinker. I'm gonna take another drink soon, and it's too much effort to pull out for every drink. Can't leave it out, because I will knock the bottle over at some point. Leaving it partially in is the best choice, but too easy to accidentally pick up by the partially-inserted cork and there it all goes.
what the hell kind of bottles are you buying that this is a problem?

Wait, you just take pulls right from the bottle?  You got a brown paper bag over that bottle or what?

I can't say I've ever heard anyone doing this.  Whiskey belongs in a glass unless you plan on sleeping in the gutter later.

driving thing, might be local to Maryland.

come up on an intersection with a right turn, yield lane at the light (a lane that ends up merging quickly onto the main thoroughfare, so you can get up to speed after making a right on red and then merge/yield). in MD, most people stop before making the right into the yield lane, and sit there waiting for clear space before going. 

defeats the whole purpose of the damned lane. 

Users who are viewing this thread