What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Martavis Bryant (2 Viewers)

5th round to 6th round, that is it. I would consider taking him in 5th round as a third WR. You can't expect him to be there in 6th.

Last edited by a moderator:
5th round to 6th round, that is it. I would consider taking him in 5th round as a third WR. You can't expect him to be there in 6th.
3 WRs in the first 5 picks? This is the problem- he's a great WR3 but he's going where the WR 2s should be. Love the talent, don't love the value anymore.

Im seriously considering paying full price for Bryant right now. I have 3 first rounders and 2 seconds. In terms of picks, how many do you give up for Bryant right now? these are 2016 picks, all potentially high picks.
That said, as a MB owner I dont think I would take that offer right now. All the news is just too encouraging right now. I know it is an awesome sell high opportunity, but I still thik it would take two 1s for me to pull the trigger. Tough to evaluate right now. He only has 26 career catches!
I think this will be the problem you'll have, Sabertooth. I too am a MB owner, and am liking his potential in the near-term a lot.

Are you talking 2015 picks or 2016? For 2015...depends how high the picks are. I'd consider moving Bryant for Cooper, but would likely hold relative to later 1st round talent like Parker or Agholor. I think I'd hold MB over a 2016 1st, given the uncertainty of where that pick would fall.

In MFL 10s that I'm in this week he's going in the mid to late 4th. Seems to be getting a bit too pricey, but the upside is certainly there to justify it, I suppose, especially in best ball.

In MFL 10s that I'm in this week he's going in the mid to late 4th. Seems to be getting a bit too pricey, but the upside is certainly there to justify it, I suppose, especially in best ball.
That is a bit too high. Bryant probably should not be going before Keenan Allen but I could see him going before a Golden Tate, Brandon Marshall types. Jets offense may be bad and Marshall may not do much. I personally would not take him over Tate as Tate has proven what he can do.

Im seriously considering paying full price for Bryant right now. I have 3 first rounders and 2 seconds. In terms of picks, how many do you give up for Bryant right now? these are 2016 picks, all potentially high picks.
I was offered one 2015 mid-first by three owners, no one would give more. As the Brown owner I'm perfectly fine not selling for a mid. I think you could push someone off him for an early, but not sure.

That is a bit too high. Bryant probably should not be going before Keenan Allen but I could see him going before a Golden Tate, Brandon Marshall types. Jets offense may be bad and Marshall may not do much. I personally would not take him over Tate as Tate has proven what he can do.
Went ahead of Kelvin Benjamin, Jordan Matthews, Keenan Allen, and Andre Johnson (who fell to me in the 5th). He could conceivably outproduce those guys, but that's too rich for my blood.

It's crazy how values fluctuate depending on what time of year it is. I'm not even sure I have Bryant over john brown right now. Maybe I'll just sit tight. His value appears to be already reflecting that of a young star. And he certainly might be one but there's no way I'd trade devante Parker for him straight up right now. John brown is close, and did a lot more last season with street free agents at qb and not Big Ben.

It's crazy how values fluctuate depending on what time of year it is. I'm not even sure I have Bryant over john brown right now. Maybe I'll just sit tight. His value appears to be already reflecting that of a young star. And he certainly might be one but there's no way I'd trade devante Parker for him straight up right now. John brown is close, and did a lot more last season with street free agents at qb and not Big Ben.
???

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16804/john-brown

His best games and every single TD came in games Palmer played.In 16 games.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16886/martavis-bryant

In 10 games Bryant crushes Brown.

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant - WR - Steelers

Martavis Bryant will undergo a minor procedure for an elbow infection, and is expected to miss 7-10 days of training camp.

Although this clearly isn't a long-term worry, it is something of a concern for Bryant's re-draft fantasy outlook. He's trying to hold off Markus Wheaton to start in two-receiver sets after playing less than a third of Pittsburgh's 2015 offensive snaps. Bryant is expected to be held out of the Steelers' preseason opener. We'll monitor Bryant's status closely until he returns.

Source: Ross Jones on Twitter

Aug 1 - 6:57 PM

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant (elbow) is expected to miss the Hall of Fame Game in a "worst case scenario."

Bryant underwent a "minor" procedure to fix an infection. He'll miss "several" days, but should be back for the first full week of preseason. The Steelers kick off the exhibition season against the Vikings one week from today.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
Aug 2 - 5:46 PM

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant is listed behind Antonio Brown on the Steelers' first depth chart of training camp.

Brown and Markus Wheaton are the first-team wideouts, with Will Johnson listed among the 11 starters at fullback. Particularly with Bryant missing time due to an elbow procedure, fantasy owners can't expect him to open the season playing in two-receiver sets. The Steelers are still going to use a ton of three-receiver sets with Bryant outside and Wheaton in the slot, but they'll also have personnel packages that include FB Johnson and second TE Matt Spaeth. Bryant's playing time is a concern for his consistency and targets. In Bryant's games last year (Weeks 7-17), he only played 43 percent of Pittsburgh's offensive snaps.

Source: steelers.com

Aug 5 - 3:09 PM

no idea on the pass percentage, but the new FO states that PIT went 3WR sets 68% of the time (7th most frequent) and 4WR sets 4% (9th).

so there will be targets

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant had the cast removed from his elbow on Saturday.

Bryant, who underwent the minor elbow procedure roughly one week ago, was on the field working out prior to Sunday night's Hall of Fame game. It appears possible he'll still have an opportunity to participate in four preseason games. Bryant is trying to chase down Markus Wheaton for snaps in two-wide sets. Wheaton sat out Sunday night along with the majority of Pittsburgh's starters.

Related: Markus Wheaton

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Aug 10 - 7:32 AM

Man...I was on the fence between Martavis and Adams in slow draft a couple weeks ago. Kept hemming and hawing. My gut told me pick Martavis. :topcat:

Man...I was on the fence between Martavis and Adams in slow draft a couple weeks ago. Kept hemming and hawing. My gut told me pick Martavis. :topcat:
Martavis for sure at that time. He was getting drafted earlier than Adams by a good 1-2 round, more even. Going to be interesting where he goes now.

Rotoworld:

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant's four-game suspension is for "multiple failed marijuana tests."

Per Rapsheet, Bryant's appeal is in "the latter stages." Bryant now has all the makings of a boom-or-bust WR3, especially since Markus Wheaton has supposedly looked ready to break out as the Steelers' No. 2 receiver. Bryant's touchdown upside makes him worth a later-round draft pick and stash in re-draft leagues, but it can't be assumed he'll simply pick up where he left off in his impressive rookie campaign.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Aug 27 - 7:06 PM

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant caught three passes for 138 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's preseason game.

The Steelers rested their starters after one series, but Bryant played most of the first half. All of his production came against Buffalo's first-team defense. Bryant burned Bills rookie CB Ronald Darby for a 63-yard catch, and drew two pass interference calls. His touchdown was a 39-yard deep post over the middle of the field. Bryant will miss the first four games to suspension and is behind Markus Wheaton is two-wide sets, but has a high ceiling as a buy-low WR3.

Aug 29 - 6:12 PM

I'd wait a few weeks into the season if the 4 game ban stays, and then offer a combination of players like K.Allen/charles johnson if they start hot. Playing across from AB won't hurt him, it should only help. I would buy all day for a 2016 1st rounder. The report of multiple failed drug tests does hurt value but I'm the type to roll the dice on upside.

I was a staunch believer in Martavis, but the warning flags can't be avoided. I sold him for a couple of picks and am not looking back.

Meh, until a couple weeks before the suspension the Steelers couldn't stop talking up Martavis.

I'm hoping, cause I obviously don't know - that he isn't as dumb as Blackmon or Gordon.

But the offers I got this offseason (a mid first, from more than one person), are worth less to me than the investment (2013 4th rounder) and expected value (WR2 for as long as he has a WR1 in front of him.)

I'm standing pat.

Meh, until a couple weeks before the suspension the Steelers couldn't stop talking up Martavis.

I'm hoping, cause I obviously don't know - that he isn't as dumb as Blackmon or Gordon.

But the offers I got this offseason (a mid first, from more than one person), are worth less to me than the investment (2013 4th rounder) and expected value (WR2 for as long as he has a WR1 in front of him.)

I'm standing pat.
In order for a player to be suspended for marijuana use, he would have had to have failed multiple tests -- as many as four reportedly -- since entering the NFL last year.

I probably sold low, but what CSTU posted scared the bejeesus out of me. I was ready to move on with something than take nothing later. But I'm admittedly risk averse.

I'm standing pat.
In order for a player to be suspended for marijuana use, he would have had to have failed multiple tests -- as many as four reportedly -- since entering the NFL last year.
To my knowledge the results of drug tests are not given to players for some time, I think the league is the only one that receives them until they hand down judgement and notify the teams.

Obviously he knew what he was doing, but if you get tested x number of times in a season and hear nothing back I could definitely see the blissful ignorance of a young kid.

Hes suspended hes doing the time, hopefully he learns something. Another failed test will take him off the field for 10 games.

I don't trust him to mind his p's and q's. He obviously knew he was being tested. Knew the ramifications and got caught anyway. Not sorry for doping, just sorry he got caught. Without a come to Jesus type intercession, whether it's of his own volition, family, or his coaching staff, he's going to get bored and go right back to the well again. At least that's my bet, though I honestly hope I lose that bet and he pulls his life together.

Surprised that the Steelers were able to keep this so close to the vest. Probably explains why they drafted Sammy Coates. But that was months ago! So the Steelers have known about this for the last six months and knew they'd be without him for the beginning of the year? And that's why Ben talked up Markus Wheaton?

Wish we would have known this type of info before the draft! How come that weasel Adam Schefter couldn't uncover this nugget of information that would have been so helpful? Martavius is smoking away his pure talent. I also do hope this doesn't become a sad Josh Gordon or Justin Blackmon case.

Users who are viewing this thread