What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Martavis Bryant (3 Viewers)

True, but what do you do with both (if you have both rostered) when Ben gets back??
Well I started both this week in dynasty. Started Brown but not Bryant in redraft. Next week I'll be starting both everywhere if Ben or Landry are starting, if Vick starts I'm starting supermart and sitting Brown.

He plays KC next week, couldn't ask for a better match-up really.
With Ben!!?
One can only hope.

Ben Roethlisberger (knee) would not rule out playing Week 7 against the Chiefs.
"We’re going to tape it and brace it and I’m going to see what I can do," Roethlisberger said. "My plan is to go out Wednesday and practice. We’ll see what happens. I know I’ve got to be smart about it. I’ve got to be able to defend myself. We’re just going to take it day by day." Landry Jones kick-started Pittsburgh's offense after Michael Vick left injured Week 6, but neither Jones nor Vick can be trusted to consistently move the offense. Roethlisberger's return would represent a big upgrade for the Steelers' skill players.

His ADP in the October mocks at DLF was #31 overall before today. If he plays out the season without another suspension he could be a top-20 pick in startups next year.

This explosion couldn't have come at a better time for odb and Randall Cobb owners like me! Lol. Bryant is actually giving me a shot to win this week.

His ADP in the October mocks at DLF was #31 overall before today. If he plays out the season without another suspension he could be a top-20 pick in startups next year.
I dont think you could ever draft him that high due to the risk he cant stay away from the bong.

Still too small a sample size for me to put him anywhere near where people are talking about. Add in his behavioral concerns and it's an easy pass.

I actually don't think that was a catch but of course I'll take it. The fact that he's been able to be this productive with Jones bodes well for his value moving forward. I think he has a legit chance to finish the year as a WR1 from a PPG standpoint.

I actually don't think that was a catch but of course I'll take it. The fact that he's been able to be this productive with Jones bodes well for his value moving forward. I think he has a legit chance to finish the year as a WR1 from a PPG standpoint.
As a Steelers fan, I really dont think so. He might finish #1 in YPR, but Antonio is gonna be back in a big way once Ben is back.

As a Steelers fan, I really dont think so. He might finish #1 in YPR, but Antonio is gonna be back in a big way once Ben is back.
I see no reason why they can't both eat. I mean, the sample size is admittedly super small but he's currently WR2 (23.7) on a PPG with Vick/Jones as the QBs who helped him attain that position. I do not think it's even remotely out of the question that he averages the 17-18PPG from here on out that it would take for him solidify his spot as a WR1. The measurables, talent and opportunity are all there.

I see no reason why they can't both eat. I mean, the sample size is admittedly super small but he's currently WR2 (23.7) on a PPG with Vick/Jones as the QBs who helped him attain that position. I do not think it's even remotely out of the question that he averages the 17-18PPG from here on out that it would take for him solidify his spot as a WR1. The measurables, talent and opportunity are all there.
I don't see why they can't both eat, either. Once Ben comes back it will be good eatin, too.

I have joined the team. Traded Moncrief and Rishard for him in redraft. Hoping he and Diggs can join Julio to give me a dynamic and dominant WR trio down the stretch.

Should be some fireworks b/t Pitt and Cin if Ben can come back at 90% or so.
I'm not convinced of this. These teams know each other very well which could create a bit of a stalemate. If Roeth doesn't play then all bets are off and bump Cincy across the board.

Ben only has eyes for Brown. Feels more comfortable throwing to him.Gonna force feed him the ball today to make up for lost time.

Ben only has eyes for Brown. Feels more comfortable throwing to him.Gonna force feed him the ball today to make up for lost time.
They could do a 5:1 split and Bryant could still put up 30.

However, not a fan of DHB getting Bryant snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
They could do a 5:1 split and Bryant could still put up 30.However, not a fan of DHB getting Bryant snaps.
Who knew Ben would be bad for Bryant. All they have him doing again is running the go route why Ben forces the ball to Brown in triple coverage.

They could do a 5:1 split and Bryant could still put up 30.However, not a fan of DHB getting Bryant snaps.
Who knew Ben would be bad for Bryant. All they have him doing again is running the go route why Ben forces the ball to Brown in triple coverage.
I wouldn't read too much into this game as far as Bryant is concerned. Ben has not been good coming back from injuries and Bengals are no slouch. It was a tough defensive game on both sides of the ball.

All I took away from this game was on the first drive Ben looked great, on every other drive Ben looked like ####.

Hopefully he gets right for next week.

Adam LevitanVerified account@adamlevitan 16h16 hours ago
Last year, Martavis Bryant never played more than 59.1% of snaps in a regular season game. This year at 62.1%, 65.5% and 81.6% Sunday.
Graham Barfield@GrahamBarfield Nov 3
In 2014 Martavis Bryant only accounted for 12.5% of #Steelers' targets (when active). This year, he's seen 26.9% of targets in three games.
He drew 9 targets (Brown 11, Miller 13) last week. I agree Ben just looked off. Honestly, I'd be looking to buy Bryant during this small window.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy was a key piece of my team last year. I have been avoiding this thread because I like this guy so much and don't want to talk about him too much till he's on my team again in both leagues. Trying to get him again this week so I can come in here and gush again. LOL

Feel like we are going to get a monster week vs Oakland.
Kinda feeling the same. I think Big Ben, in general, will be a lot sharper this week. Definitely looked rusty.

For those who didn't see the game, Bryant missed a pass in the end zone last week from about 25yards out. He was well-covered, but it went straight through his hands. Mistimed his jump. Just saw a stat that Bryant has 12 TDs in his 16 NFL starts.

Haven't been watching the game, but I did see the first pass out the gate was an easy one to Bryant and it just bounced off his hands.

Users who are viewing this thread