What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Martavis Bryant (1 Viewer)

Dropped a second td in the end zone. Very catchable ball. He has the potential to be a top 5 wr. He just has to perfect his concentration.

What was the last team to support two legit #1s? Was it Fitz and Boldin in ARI?
I'm bored.

2014 - DT and Sanders

2013 - DT and Decker

2012 - DT and Decker / Roddy and Julio

2011 - Cruz and Nicks

2009 - Moss and Welker

2008 - Moss and Welker / Fitz and Boldin

2007 - Moss and Welker / Housh and Chad Johnson

You guys are talking about the Nolan Ryan fastball Roeth put 2 yards behind Bryant as he was racing across the back line? Catchable, yes. Drop, no.

What was the last team to support two legit #1s? Was it Fitz and Boldin in ARI?
I'm bored.

2014 - DT and Sanders

2013 - DT and Decker

2012 - DT and Decker / Roddy and Julio

2011 - Cruz and Nicks

2009 - Moss and Welker

2008 - Moss and Welker / Fitz and Boldin

2007 - Moss and Welker / Housh and Chad Johnson
2015 - Allen Robinson and Allen Hurns.

I think he is precisely 3 points behind 2 guys tied. (11th and 12th)

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/leaders?&seasonTotals=true&seasonId=2015&slotCategoryId=4

After this week he will likely creep back into the top 12.

Remember - he has also missed one game, and its widely known Hurns has been gimpy and not 100% in several other games.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
First matchup b/t the 2 was low scoring. Think that was Ben's first game back though.
First matchup was Ben's first game back and he looked extremely hobbled. It was one of the worst games I've seen from Ben. I expect another big day from Bryant this Sunday. They'll need to put up a lot of points.
disagree - Den's offense looks ordinary right now - could be a low scoring game.

He drops the tough ones and some of the not-so-tough ones. Bryant has a lot of potential but looks bad some days like today.

What happened today? 2 pt stinker in my championship. Doh!
He got at least 2 deep shots. The 1st one he was totally mugged and it was an easy TD. The defender flat out stopped him from running by him. Penalty. 2nd one, the defender and Bryant got their feet tangled. He was passing the defender to the ball and tripped up. It may have been a TD.

He's the next Torrey Smith.
You are losing credibility with this statement. If Antonio Brown didn't get 15 targets game and wasn't Roethlisberger's valentine, he'd be a 85+ catch 12 TD guy on any other team.

Torrey Smith has always been a one trick pony even as a supposed #1 WR on a given team.

It won't help if he is in-fact "soft". Then it just makes him cry even more.

The ceilling on him is almost limitless though if he starts dominating like Ben and us Steelers fans want him to. Hopefully this motivates him the way Ben is trying to make it play out. We have one of the best WR core's in the whole league, and if you add a more competitive, fiery Super-Mart then watch out league.

Rotoworld:

Martavis Bryant - WR - Steelers

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler expects a "bigger presence" from Martavis Bryant in the Wild Card round.

Limited to 14 snaps in Week 17 by an illness and neck issue, Bryant caught 1-of-3 targets for zero yards. He'll apparently be in much better shape for this weekend's playoff game. Ben Roethlisberger called his No. 2 receiver out on Tuesday, saying he needs to "toughen up." We'd expect a big day from Bryant against the Bengals.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter

Jan 5 - 4:47 PM

Offered my 1.04 for Bryant yesterday, got declined. Not quite sure how far off that might be but worth mentioning as it wasn't good enough.

Offered my 1.04 for Bryant yesterday, got declined. Not quite sure how far off that might be but worth mentioning as it wasn't good enough.
As the Antonio Brown owner also, I was offerend an early-mid 1st from two people last year - declined both.

Doubt I would move him for the 1.01 by itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, being a heavily invested MartyB dyno owner, seeing his name on the front page during the 'off season' is rather unsettling.

Users who are viewing this thread