• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you feel about calculus?

NEWS:   Speaking Thursday, Martavis Bryant declined comment on reports that he is facing another suspension. Advice: "I don’t know nothing about none of that," Bryant said. It's hardly

Earlier in this thread I believe I referred to him having a ten cent head. I may have overestimated that value

According to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette, "some people" in the Steelers' organization aren't happy with the NFL "dragging their feet" over the delay in Martavis Bryant's reinstatement.

Gaining reinstatement from the NFL requires a player to jump through several hoops. For what reason? We have no idea. Other than Roger Goodell trying to show who is boss by flexing his muscles. But Bryant remains suspended and can't practice until he gains full reinstatement. The Steelers are understandably displeased.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette 

Aug 2 - 10:28 AM

Martavis Bryant has been cleared for all preseason activities.

Bryant can now practice and play in preseason games. He's not fully reinstated, but it puts him on track to be before Week 1. Bryant should immediately replace Justin Hunter in the first-team offense.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Aug 9 - 7:15 PM

2 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Martavis Bryant has been cleared for all preseason activities.

Bryant can now practice and play in preseason games. He's not fully reinstated, but it puts him on track to be before Week 1. Bryant should immediately replace Justin Hunter in the first-team offense.

Source: Field Yates on Twitter 

Aug 9 - 7:15 PM

Value city

45 minutes ago, The Hank said:

Per Rapaport - Martavis has been Partially reinstated by NFL - allowed to participate in Preseason activities - "still evaluating" for regular season

That is good, but I think it is ridiculous to keep "evaluating" at this point. It seems like abuse of power to me by the NFL.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, meanjoegreen said:

That is good, but I think it is ridiculous to keep "evaluating" at this point. It seems like abuse of power to me by the NFL.

Agree completely.  They seem to be covering their own behinds and abusing it just so they can "hope" they don't get it wrong by allowing him to come back.  

9 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Agree completely.  They seem to be covering their own behinds and abusing it just so they can "hope" they don't get it wrong by allowing him to come back.  

Yes - I think the Josh Gordon case is weighing very heavily in the minds of Goodell & Co.

Edited by zamboni

I don't know why everybody here downplays the gateway drug. 50/50 that Martavis is on heroine when he can afford it, after signing his next contract. The NFL is just trying to help, doing its best to help keep these young men off of harder drugs. Making sure players never get the big money means they'll never afford the smack. 

But they can't get any support from fans. :confused: Well I applaud the NFL. 

31 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

I don't know why everybody here downplays the gateway drug. 50/50 that Martavis is on heroine when he can afford it, after signing his next contract. The NFL is just trying to help, doing its best to help keep these young men off of harder drugs. Making sure players never get the big money means they'll never afford the smack. 

Please don't. These threads can get off track easily. I know you're being sarcastic but please let's keep it to NFL talk here. Thanks.

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Heroin is not expensive. Plus, it is what they actually prescribe to their players in pill form (percoset) for pain relief.  Extremely addictive and dangerous.

Marijuana also serves as a pain reliever, but is far less addictive (some would argue it is not addictive at all - it isnt physically but for some it is mentally).  It is far - I mean exponentially - less dangerous than the prescriptions that are allowed, yet it results in suspensions and this crap that MB is having to go through.  You may think it makes sense...but to many who truly understand the hypocrisy and ridiculousness, it makes little sense.  It is the result of a bad clause in the collective bargaining agreement,and should be amended as soon as it it possible.  It is backawards.  They are banning and punishing for the wrong substance.

ETA - Joe thinks you were being sarcastic - if so, my bad.  I missed that.

Edited by ChuckLiddell
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

When is the right spot to grab this dude? I'm thinking early to mid 4 he should be grabbed in a 12 teamer? Too early?

This is what I'm struggling with. I'm in a 12 teamer, but with two keepers apiece. I have the last two picks of the second, no pick in the third and one of the last picks in the fourth. I really don't think he will still be there in the 4th...

2 minutes ago, OnTheReg said:

This is what I'm struggling with. I'm in a 12 teamer, but with two keepers apiece. I have the last two picks of the second, no pick in the third and one of the last picks in the fourth. I really don't think he will still be there in the 4th...

Right, I mean round 4-ish there is a lot of talent at WR out there. K.Allen, Benjamin, A.Jeffery, A.Robinson, D.Adams, Edelman etc etc. Is he worth picking over all of them? I know the potential, particularly with his TD rate before the suspension but there's plenty of risk too

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Right, I mean round 4-ish there is a lot of talent at WR out there. K.Allen, Benjamin, A.Jeffery, A.Robinson, D.Adams, Edelman etc etc. Is he worth picking over all of them? I know the potential, particularly with his TD rate before the suspension but there's plenty of risk too

I personally would take him over all those guys except Keenan Allen. 

Just now, OnTheReg said:

That's what i'm trying to get a handle on, where to put a marker in the sand and say "ok now the upside outweighs the risk and you have to grab him". Somewhere between WR15 and WR20. Seems high with the risk involved but the payoff could be huge. I think that's where i'm at, want to get him as a 3 on as many of my teams as possible, if it means reaching 8-12 spots early, so be it.

58 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

That's what i'm trying to get a handle on, where to put a marker in the sand and say "ok now the upside outweighs the risk and you have to grab him". Somewhere between WR15 and WR20. Seems high with the risk involved but the payoff could be huge. I think that's where i'm at, want to get him as a 3 on as many of my teams as possible, if it means reaching 8-12 spots early, so be it.

I'm in a league in which I could have kept Keenan Allen or Bryant. I kept Martavis. You can't hit a home run unless you swing for the fences.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, OnTheReg said:

I am SO all-in on him this year. I really think he could end up being a league winner type of pick. Anyone else feel similar? 

I am repeatedly drafting him, so yes, I must.

5 hours ago, OnTheReg said:

I'd probably take Adams over Bryant... only because Rodgers is throwing the ball. A lot of people talk about the TD regression with Adams but I am a believer that he can improve even more on his yardage total. 

8 hours ago, pbandy1 said:

I'd probably take Adams over Bryant... only because Rodgers is throwing the ball. A lot of people talk about the TD regression with Adams but I am a believer that he can improve even more on his yardage total. 

And that's totally understandable. Admittedly I'm being slightly irrational with my feelings on Bryant. Swinging for the fences. 

Hmm... this thread has my debating the route I should go in my current draft - had him on my short list, as I should be able to get one of him, Tate, Sanders or Diggs in the 5th as my WR3 (1RB,2WR,1TE, 2 flex lineup - 0.75PPR for WR). I figure 1 WR will go in the two picks in fornt of me, and at least 2-3 more will go after me... maybe the homerun swing for Bryant is the right call. I had been leaning Diggs.

I picked up Martavis late last year with the thought of keeping him this year, which in our league when a player went undrafted the previous year counts as a 14th round pick. Which is what I ended up doing so as long as he doesnt get suspended again, its :moneybag:

If I was to have to make the decision to draft him in the 4th or 5th round, especially in a PPR, Id favor Diggs. Some of these other WRs though, I think Bryant is worth the risk.

44 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I picked up Martavis late last year with the thought of keeping him this year, which in our league when a player went undrafted the previous year counts as a 14th round pick. Which is what I ended up doing so as long as he doesnt get suspended again, its :moneybag:

If I was to have to make the decision to draft him in the 4th or 5th round, especially in a PPR, Id favor Diggs. Some of these other WRs though, I think Bryant is worth the risk.

Ended up taking Diggs... Bryant went two picks later.

37 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Anyone a little leery of drafting this guy if you already drafted AB in round 1? I only ask because it's one thing to have Ben's annual injury affect one key player, but affecting two is something to think about surely.

You expose yourself to systemic risk because it seems to be a lock that Ben will miss a game or two this year but if Bryant is the best available I'd still grab him, especially if his ADP is still hovering around WR26 (according to MFL). That seems criminally low, I veiw him as a mid/high-end WR2.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Buffaloes said:

possibly a dumb question but has he been reinstated for regular season or just preseason? just drafted this guy as my wr3 and i'm pretty stoked if he actually is back

Still not reinstated for the regular season. Unless he's had another slip up though, have to think that the reinstatement is imminent.

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 1

Checking in on Martavis as have a draft tonight in a keeper league where he'll be available to me i think in 1st round. Love his upside but definitely more risk than some other guys available. Torn on taking him that high. Any lingering questions about reinstatement?

Edited by Tool
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:00 PM, zamboni said:

Still not reinstated for the regular season. Unless he's had another slip up though, have to think that the reinstatement is imminent.

Wonder why they are dragging their feet on this?

On 8/30/2017 at 7:41 AM, MattFancy said:

Wonder why they are dragging their feet on this?

At this point the options are:

A) to stick it to Bryant as much as possible

B) they waiting, hoping he screws up before the season starts and they can toss him

C) they know of something else that is an issue and are investigating 

13 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

At this point the options are:

A) to stick it to Bryant as much as possible

B) they waiting, hoping he screws up before the season starts and they can toss him

C) they know of something else that is an issue and are investigating 

I think it has to be A or B. If it was C, I don't think they would have given him partial reinstatement.

Just now, MattFancy said:

I think it has to be A or B. If it was C, I don't think they would have given him partial reinstatement.

I tend to agree. I also think something would have leaked by now if there was another incident. 

On 8/26/2017 at 2:49 PM, Buffaloes said:

possibly a dumb question but has he been reinstated for regular season or just preseason? just drafted this guy as my wr3 and i'm pretty stoked if he actually is back

IIRC in past instances the reinstatements have come pretty close to Gameday, even the weekend of. I can't think of the names right now but I think that can happen. Teams will make a roster move at that time, likely cutting someone.

• Like 1
  • Faust changed the title to WR Martavis Bryant, Toronto Argonauts