WR Martavis Bryant, Toronto Argonauts

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How do you feel about calculus?

NEWS:   Speaking Thursday, Martavis Bryant declined comment on reports that he is facing another suspension. Advice: "I don’t know nothing about none of that," Bryant said. It's hardly

Earlier in this thread I believe I referred to him having a ten cent head. I may have overestimated that value

From the Steelers statement when he was conditionally reinstated earlier this month...

“Prior to the start of the regular season, the NFL will review Bryant’s progress. Based on his compliance and engagement with his program and resources, he will be permitted to participate in all regular season activities beginning in Week 1. He will be evaluated later in the season for full reinstatement.”

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ketamine Dreams said:

This.  If you are one of the lucky ones to have bought low, congratulate yourself now. 

ETA:. I bought him for $7 in out $200 auction. 

Not sure what the excitement is about. It was pretty much a given he was going to get reinstated.  Like the upside but I think people are getting carried away. Don't forget about the risks involved.

2 hours ago, Tool said:

Not sure what the excitement is about. It was pretty much a given he was going to get reinstated.  Like the upside but I think people are getting carried away. Don't forget about the risks involved.

Eh, nothing is guaranteed with the NFL. He's also been out for a year so there is some uncertainty and that drove down his price. I think the risks are actually pretty low. 

17 minutes ago, Ketamine Dreams said:

Eh, nothing is guaranteed with the NFL. He's also been out for a year so there is some uncertainty and that drove down his price. I think the risks are actually pretty low. 

He's one make out session with a coked up stripper away from his career being essentially over.

2 hours ago, 32 Counter Pass said:

I am trying to decide on him. I just watched every target he had this preseason. He didn't look explosive. He had negative yardage on every wr screen. I don't know if he is still getting his legs back or if his legs have left him.

Something you can link by chance?

7 hours ago, Ketamine Dreams said:

Yeah. Anyone can get injured etc and be out for the year. It sounds like he has his stuff together. Again, I expect good things from him. 

Well, he can get injured too but he carries additional risk that others don't have.  Not just getting caught with weed but not having played in over a year, we don't know how he's going to look once game action starts.  I like him and he's on two of my teams so not trying to tell you not to pick him just that risks can't be discounted.

Edited by Tool
3 hours ago, Tool said:

Well, he can get injured too but he carries additional risk that others don't have.  Not just getting caught with weed but not having played in over a year, we don't know how he's going to look once game action starts.  I like him and he's on two of my teams so not trying to tell you not to pick him just that risks can't be discounted.

Isn't this all baked into his price? It's not much additional risk for the price you're paying. 

In my 12 team Super-flex, PPR redraft yesterday Bryant was drafted 5.8 as the #18 WR off the board. He is the #2 WR on this squad behind D.Thomas.  It is tough for me to evaluate this draft position for Bryant.  This team also only had one RB (D.Murray) and L.Miller was on the board at that point.  The only other WRs of note were T.Hill, Fitz & D.Adams. So, yeah, I guess I can agree with taking Bryant for his upside but it still feels risky as a #2 WR for a fantasy team.

I'm not worried about Bryant at all. It just takes some people a little longer in life to grow up and think/act like a responsible adult. Heck, Gronk just gave up drinking bc he knew his life style was affecting his all around health and realized the party was over,and time to take care of his body. I'm not worried about him not being in shape,I'd rather have a player coming of a suspension in perfect health,than having him coming back from a bad injury.Sure it might take him a game or 2 to get back into the flow of it,just like ANY player coming back from a long lay-off. I think Braynt is a great pick if you got him round 4 or later. He could easily have 12 to 14 TD's this year I'm very happy having him as my WR 3. I took J Jones and Baldwin with my first 2  picks,got Bryant in 4th.We start 3 wrs in my ppr league and have 2 flex spots (rb/wr/te) Those that get Bryant will be rewarded. I think that Bryant finally realizes it's his last chance at making himself some big $$$$ down the line and has his head on straight. Weed isn't that hard to give up either..

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, IheartGuinness said:

People still starting him this week? I have some reservations. But at the same time, I'm not sure that I can bench him in favor of Crowder, Agholor, Kupp, or Jordan Matthews. I'm hoping with Rhodes on AB, Bryant will have more opportunities.

Any thoughts? 

That was a disappointing re-debut for sure.  That offense is totally different at home.  I didnt watch the game, but I wonder if the team and Ben were sending both Bell and MB a small message last week.  Bell for turning down a ridiculous contract offer and skipping the offseason, and MB for obviously letting the team down last season.  Bell's usage in particular was baffling.  I know MB got 6 targets, including a couple deep ones but I have to believe coverage was rolled over to AB, and he was still getting all the love.  I recognize that he caught all 11 of his targets, which does poke a hole in that theory, but at the same time I suspect that MB was in man coverage a lot, and that Ben will target him in those situations more often as the season progresses.

Unless I have a worthy option - a Terrelle Pryor at minimum type option - I cant see benching him.  Especially at home, even against a good defense.  He's gonna get his.  Defenses will have to account for Bell and AB.  They wont have enough assets on D to account for all 3, and Ben is going to take full advantage of that.

I think Rhodes is going to shadow Brown, and if the Vikings have to worry about the run at all then they can't take away the deep ball with safeties 30 yards deep like the Browns.  Bryant should have the opportunity for a bounce back game, even against a tough D. Also, if the Vikings key in on JJ in the red zone, then Bryant might have more of an opportunity.

1 hour ago, MattFancy said:

Trying to decide between Bryant or Sanders. I have Ben, so not sure I want to invest too much into the Steelers O this week in case the Vikes D comes to play on the road.

I have both too.  Sanders not targeted much last week either.  I think more ceiling with Bryant.

16 hours ago, irishidiot said:

I have both too.  Sanders not targeted much last week either.  I think more ceiling with Bryant.

The thing with Sanders is the Cowboys secondary is pretty suspect. It's a tough call. I could see Bryant getting more looks since Rhodes will more than likely follow AB.

• 1 month later...

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Martavis Bryant has requested a trade.

Per RapSheet, Bryant's "teammates and coaches are well aware that he’s unhappy." Bryant struggled in the first six weeks and has been losing snaps to rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster. Bryant simply isn't the player he was before missing all of 2016 due to a suspension. Nevertheless, he should draw trade interest with a sub-$1 million base salary and lots of theoretical talent.

Oh boy.

Edited by The Frankman
30 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

Oh boy.

inexplicably, he's just not a big part of the offense anymore. He looks like the same guy to me, but isn't getting the opportunities. This is definitely Ben's last year and it's probably best that he gets dealt to team that will try and feature him more in the offense

4 minutes ago, FGITLOTR said:

inexplicably, he's just not a big part of the offense anymore. He looks like the same guy to me, but isn't getting the opportunities. This is definitely Ben's last year and it's probably best that he gets dealt to team that will try and feature him more in the offense

As a Bryant (and Bell ) owner, I'm good with this. If Ben does retire, they will be a mess as Bell will be leaving as well. If they don't get lucky at QB and the Browns do draft a QB in 2018, they will be a bottom dweller in the AFC N.

Just now, Arodin said:

Well, it worked for LeGarette Blount...

It seemingly worked for AP but it's an infinitely easier transition for a RB than it is a WR. I really don't think Bryant would benefit his fantasy owners if he got traded now. The last WR I remember who was traded in season was Braylon Edwards from CLE to NYJ. 

Just now, SameSongNDance said:

It seemingly worked for AP but it's an infinitely easier transition for a RB than it is a WR. I really don't think Bryant would benefit his fantasy owners if he got traded now. The last WR I remember who was traded in season was Braylon Edwards from CLE to NYJ. 

Randy Moss played for 3 teams in a year. 

Martavis Bryant‏Verified account @ThaBestUNO

FollowFollow @ThaBestUNO

More

Big win today and tomorrow right back to work tomorrow I am happy to be a steeler and can't wait to reach number 7 this year.

• Faust changed the title to WR Martavis Bryant, Toronto Argonauts