Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Clash of Clans (Official thread)

I would be fine with a 2 war a week clan. But if we do it my preference would be that the members take those wars as seriously as FBG1 does. I wouldn't like converting, say, Boog the way it is today.

To give one example, several times each Boog war there are requests for attacking CC troops with something like "War troops". If we spin off a new multi-war clan, my preference would be that everyone in it would take the war seriously enough that they wouldn't be happy with random contents for their CC, ones that might not even match the type of attack they are doing. The last Boog war had someone use goblins in their attack.

I don't mean to step on toes. Boog was always the mellow clan and during my time there I've tried to resist my admittedly over-competitive urges to try to get everyone else as to view the wars the same. I think having a place that doesn't take things as serious is a good thing.

I just think a new multi-war clan should go with a more serious focus than what Boog has today. I do think we have enough people to pull it off.

Bingo. But I am not sure how you enforce seriousness. It is sort of covered by the "no underdeveloped TH8+ base" requirement, but not completely.

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

I can say with Confidence that my group of five in Boog would be up for war twice a week. Scuttle, Luke, and my squirrel are strong and Nick and Collin are on their way. Johnny and my Luke two are bootable pre war always.

I don't want to come off like a jerk because your crew is active and fun, but if we roll with no underdeveloped bases, some of these guys would have to catch up to their TH level in a more casual clan before coming over.

Though maybe we don't roll with that requirement :shrug:

I can say with Confidence that my group of five in Boog would be up for war twice a week. Scuttle, Luke, and my squirrel are strong and Nick and Collin are on their way. Johnny and my Luke two are bootable pre war always.

I don't want to come off like a jerk because your crew is active and fun, but if we roll with no underdeveloped bases, some of these guys would have to catch up to their TH level in a more casual clan before coming over.

Honestly Scuttle and I are having fun in Boog. We are winning wars and getting loot. My Luke account is a bit underdeveloped but getting there quick. Nick and Collin are lower TH bases but building right. We will probably just hang in Boog if you guys all leave for a new clan. No biggie either way. I play as a stress relief and for some fun. I enjoy the chat. I don't take anything too serious though so no worries either way. Edited to add that I will be adding another account if Santa brings us another iPhone as expected. Edited by PIK95

Honestly Scuttle and I are having fun in Boog. We are winning wars and getting loot. My Luke account is a bit underdeveloped but getting there quick. Nick and Collin are lower TH bases but building right. We will probably just hang in Boog if you guys all leave for a new clan. No biggie either way. I play as a stress relief and for some fun. I enjoy the chat. I don't take anything too serious though so no worries either way. Edited to add that I will be adding another account if Santa brings us another iPhone as expected.

:thumbup::hifive:

5 - Greg for 1 or 2

10 - Bob

11 - Have 1 may need 2 TBD

17 TBD

19 for 2 TBD

20 Need TH8 and TH9 with drags to keep hitting this till we get 2

37 for 3 - TBD

41 for 3 - TBD

SML you are on backup for any open two star base remaining.

updated

down 5

Edited by culdeus

I learned something new from shuke. Peep this yo.

So if you war CC has lets say 5000DE

And

Your DE tank has 8000/10000 full

And

You empty your war CC

The war CC only empties up to the point where your DE is full and the rest stays in the clan castle, in this case 3000 of it.

Maybe I'm the last person to notice this, but this is a big boost to those that are a rising TH8 to TH9 so you can stuff the crap out of your clan castle with no worries on an empty.

Did not know this, but thanks. I'm entering TH9 and have way more gold than elixir at this point in trying to max both out and this helps a ton.

I really feel bad I choke-jobbed my second attack, I wasn't expecting this to be close so was going for a shot at a 3-star.

Anyway, I'm going to be traveling with intermittent internet access until probably Friday. I would like to not be clan-less because I'll probably be looking for some defense and normal raiding randomly over the next few days, but obviously don't want to be liability in a war.

When do the other clans war? Is there anyone that doesn't have an attack day until Friday?

I really feel bad I choke-jobbed my second attack, I wasn't expecting this to be close so was going for a shot at a 3-star.

Anyway, I'm going to be traveling with intermittent internet access until probably Friday. I would like to not be clan-less because I'll probably be looking for some defense and normal raiding randomly over the next few days, but obviously don't want to be liability in a war.

When do the other clans war? Is there anyone that doesn't have an attack day until Friday?

I think boog still declares Thursday.

Honda doesn't attack till afternoon Friday

Don't sweat it, we still have it.

Honda doesn't attack till afternoon Friday

Thanks, but already went back to my original stomping ground in Boog (after being rejected the first time because "Bryant Boats" was not an acceptable password, lol).

Would there be any interest in a new clan with the following characteristics:

War 2x a week

Disallow underdeveloped bases

It would sort of be a mid-level clan between FBGs: Constant War and The Boog/Honda. A bit more commitment than the single war clans with open enrollment, but not constantly having to war.

Will answer yours, TIA.

Can we shut down one of the other clans if this happens? Hard enough to fill for wars at times.

We'd have to figure out what to do with the other clans if there is strong interest.

It just seems like there such a big gap between the war-all-time-time and the casual play of Boog/Honda. I do know some Boogers are looking for more war, but I am not sure if there are some FBGs who are looking for less. I am also not sure if there are any Honda-ers who are looking for more.

I know this bear has been poked a dozen times, but just convert one of the existing clans to 2/week and be done with it. The two clans do the exact same thing. Makes no sense.

I would be fine with a 2 war a week clan. But if we do it my preference would be that the members take those wars as seriously as FBG1 does. I wouldn't like converting, say, Boog the way it is today.

To give one example, several times each Boog war there are requests for attacking CC troops with something like "War troops". If we spin off a new multi-war clan, my preference would be that everyone in it would take the war seriously enough that they wouldn't be happy with random contents for their CC, ones that might not even match the type of attack they are doing. The last Boog war had someone use goblins in their attack.

I don't mean to step on toes. Boog was always the mellow clan and during my time there I've tried to resist my admittedly over-competitive urges to try to get everyone else as to view the wars the same. I think having a place that doesn't take things as serious is a good thing.

I just think a new multi-war clan should go with a more serious focus than what Boog has today. I do think we have enough people to pull it off.

Any interest in cleaning house in Boog, like kick everyone (minus FBG legacy members), and rebuild into this?

• Like 2

I think for potentially tough opponents, we should recon their TH10s for any we doubt we'll get 2 on... and see how many buildings are outside their walls like #4 and #2. One of our lower TH9 who has fur coats could just deploy one to tank while some wiz/arch kill the outside buildings... repeat all the way around the base. Being careful to avoid a side that will trigger the CC troops until last.

I bet we could pick up quite a few stars that way that we've left behind.

One thing that's starting to show up in losses is we are usually outclased in hero level.

Other clans th10 have an easier time with our th9 bases when rolling in with big heroes

noticed this as well, the first attack on my base came with L6 on both and i held to 1 star. the attack that actually got 3 stars on my later came with L10 BK and L8 AQ or thereabout and that was the difference. The attacker had only the two heroes left with my TH still standing against my heroes and they pretty much rolled over my heroes, L8 BK and L6 AQ. Almost held to 1 star 96% attack. Need to upgrade them to L10, looks like that's the key number.

I'll have some thoughts later. But bottom line we had what we needed to win and it didn't happen. So it goes.

good job organizing again.

Edited by Pigskin Fanatic

Any interest in cleaning house in Boog, like kick everyone (minus FBG legacy members), and rebuild into this?

Well, like I said I don't think it's a bad thing to have a more mellow place like Boog for those who it fits. No reason we can't have that.

If we do anything, I'd rather just start up a new one like Black Box was suggesting and keep Boog as is for those who feel comfortable there. Then people are making a conscious decision to change and go war more, instead of just trying to get back in because they don't have a clan otherwise.

I'd be fine hanging in either FBG1 or a new multi-war clan. Probably even bouncing between the two a fair amount. Would be a good way to skip a FBG1 war while heroes upgrade or something, while still being with an active group.

I guess maybe we need to know how many would leave Honda and Boog, or come over from FBG1, and would that be enough. It isn't like we need 50, just need enough that it's not frustrating waiting for requests to be filled. And I think we'd probably not have much problem reaching that.

Well, like I said I don't think it's a bad thing to have a more mellow place like Boog for those who it fits. No reason we can't have that.

If we do anything, I'd rather just start up a new one like Black Box was suggesting and keep Boog as is for those who feel comfortable there. Then people are making a conscious decision to change and go war more, instead of just trying to get back in because they don't have a clan otherwise.

I'd be fine hanging in either FBG1 or a new multi-war clan. Probably even bouncing between the two a fair amount. Would be a good way to skip a FBG1 war while heroes upgrade or something, while still being with an active group.

I guess maybe we need to know how many would leave Honda and Boog, or come over from FBG1, and would that be enough. It isn't like we need 50, just need enough that it's not frustrating waiting for requests to be filled. And I think we'd probably not have much problem reaching that.

I'd leave the boog for the new 2x war clan.

No, pretty sure it's based purely on housing space. One archer = one donation, regardless of level.

I think he means if I donate him level 5 archers do they bump up to level 6 if I complete the upgrade and he still has the troops in his castle.

I would assume not but can't verify.

No, pretty sure it's based purely on housing space. One archer = one donation, regardless of level.

I think he means if I donate him level 5 archers do they bump up to level 6 if I complete the upgrade and he still has the troops in his castle.

That is my question. I'm wondering because trained troops in the army camp (and queued in barracks) level up when lab upgrades complete, so why not CC troops? Not a big deal but worth knowing just in case.

New collector level and retaining more resources in battles

Hey Chief!

In the next update we're going to be releasing a round of economy-balancing changes into Clash. The primary goals of these changes are to:

- Increase Dark Elixir availability in mid-level Villages and battles (Town Halls 7-8)

- Retain more Elixir in mid-level battles (Town Hall 7-9)

- Increase Gold and Elixir availability in higher-level Villages and battles (Town Hall 8-10)

So, what are the actual changes coming in the next update?

1) Upgrading Walls with Elixir is now available only when upgrading Walls to level 9 and higher.

2) New collector level! Gold Mine and Elixir Collector level 12 has been added, available at Town Hall 8.

3) The first Dark Elixir Drill can now be built at Town Hall 7 instead of Town Hall 8.

4) The second Dark Elixir Drill can now be built at Town Hall 8 instead of Town Hall 9.

5) Dark Elixir Drills have had their maximum capacity increased on all levels.

6) Unchanged: Maximum Dark Elixir Drill level is 3 at Town Hall 7 and 8, maximum level 6 at Town Hall 9 and 10.

Curious for more details? Read on, Chief!

1) Upgrading Walls with Elixir is now available only when upgrading Walls to level 9 and higher.

Mid-level Wall upgrades using Elixir have become an easy and highly-available place to spend away excess Elixir, which is good for idle Villagers, but bad for active attackers. Our primary goal for Wall upgrades using Elixir was always to give players more flexibility when pushing their Walls to higher levels, so pushing the Elixir option to Wall level 9+ will help us keep this flexibility for the most expensive of Walls while still retaining more Elixir in mid-level battles for when you go on the attack.

Note that moving the Elixir option up to Wall level 9 is the only change to Wall upgrading. The prices in Gold (or Elixir) will remain the same.

2) New collector level! Gold Mine and Elixir Collector level 12 has been added, available at Town Hall 8.

Along with improving Elixir and Dark Elixir availability in the mid-level, the entire higher-level Gold and Elixir economy will be getting a stimulating boost with Gold Mine and Elixir Collector level 12. This means more generation during idle times and more potential resources when going on the attack. The new collector level will have increased production rate, capacity and hitpoints.

3) The first Dark Elixir Drill can now be built at Town Hall 7 instead of Town Hall 8.

Town Hall level 7 has been a tricky place for Dark Elixir as the Dark Elixir storage is available at Town Hall 7, but without any drills to generate income. Not only does this make stockpiling Dark Elixir difficult, but it also means that Dark Elixir offers are generally quite poor when attacking other Town Hall 7 villages.

This rarity of Dark Elixir at Town Hall 7 was part of the original challenge and reward of unlocking the Barbarian King, as Heroes used to be the ONLY thing to spend Dark Elixir on when this murky currency was first introduced. Nowadays, however, there are the competing demands of training Dark Elixir troops, doing Dark Elixir troop research in the Laboratory, as well as trying to push your Barbarian King to level 5 to unlock his powerful Iron Fist ability.

To make Dark Elixir more available to Town Hall level 7, the first Dark Elixir Drill is now unlocked at the same time as the Dark Elixir Storage and the Dark Barracks. Keep it well protected, as it will surely be an attractive target to oncoming attackers!

4) The second Dark Elixir Drill can now be built at Town Hall 8 instead of Town Hall 9.

Nowadays, Town Hall 8 has more need for Dark Elixir than ever before, just like Town Hall level 7. Pushing the Barbarian King to higher levels comes in tandem with training the super-useful (and expensive) Golem troop along with researching its upgrade level. Moving the second Dark Elixir Drill to Town Hall level 8 will help to supply the increased demand by increasing resource generation as well as potential Dark Elixir offers in Town Hall 8 battles.

5) Dark Elixir Drills have had their maximum capacity increased on all levels.

&

6) Unchanged: Maximum Dark Elixir Drill level is 3 at Town Hall 7 and 8, maximum level 6 at Town Hall 9 and 10.

Dark Elixir Drill capacity will be increased on all levels after the update. This means that Dark Elixir Drills will no longer fill up and stop producing Dark Elixir as fast as they used to. Note that the production rate will remain the same and maximum Dark Elixir Drill upgrade level per Town Hall level will remain unchanged - Dark Elixir Drills will just be able to hold more resources at once after the update.

That is my question. I'm wondering because trained troops in the army camp (and queued in barracks) level up when lab upgrades complete, so why not CC troops? Not a big deal but worth knowing just in case.

Good programming. Storing the level for every unit in the CC limits server load, but it's not necessary for camps.

Whether you're attacking, donating, or viewing your camp, the copy of the app running in your phone has your base loaded in it already. Why use memory to store a level for every unit in your camp when they all came from you? It can just go by the level you're able to make, which is already in the app since your base will have been loaded.

However, you donate the unit to me. Now they have the choice of storing the unit's level, or storing your ID and having to go look up the level any time the unit is used. Looking up the level is extra overhead on the server and an attack or defense can't start until the server has returned the info on every unit in my CC. Which in a worst case, could be 35 different donators to a TH10 whose bases it has to check to see their current troop level. It would increase server load and slow attacks starting for no real gain.

It's just a much better architecture to store the level of the CC unit with the base, since that base will already be loaded into any app that needs the info.

It's like every update has been coming out just at the right time for me. Finish all my elixir-costing TH9 upgrades, want to work on walls... and they come out with the elixir depleting for walls update.

Nearing completion of skull walls, and moving to TH10 so will need elixir again... and they bump up elixir for raids and move the elixir requirement up to the lego walls I'll be starting next.