What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

Can we try a rope-a-dope the next elecboog war? Sounds fun to me.
That actually sounds hilarious. Just imagining their chat would be awesome.

The biggest issue would be the timing. We have usually started our wars at like 9am EST. That would make it pretty freaking early for most people to attack. Probably would have to start the war more like 9pm.

To do this perfectly we would need to have a clan of <50 so we could maybe infiltrate their clan during the middle of the war. Then someone caps the chat during the last few hours.

Ignoramus, P&K and Norville, your war CC's are messed up, you need to drop archers so the valk will fit.

Well, at least something fun is coming out if my paranoia.

Make sure and set up a nice honey pot for them so that they waste some of their attacks. Will make it easier to catch up at the end.

Well, at least something fun is coming out if my paranoia.

Make sure and set up a nice honey pot for them so that they waste some of their attacks. Will make it easier to catch up at the end.
It's still going to take the right combination of a non-full clan that speaks english and takes someone in the middle of a war, plus they have to have the firepower to get a decent lead. May take 2-3 wars to get it just right.

If I get in as a trojan horse I'm making sure they go after dude with my l3 drags. I'll even coach them around the big bombs.

is it not worth my time to farm DE at TH7? i was hoping to complete at least some of the DE upgrades before going to TH8 since i still have a couple of weeks of tesla and wall upgrades to go not to mention a week of the actual TH upgrade. I am sucking bad with wb's going astray, so balloons 4, hogs 1, and minions 1 are my options here. Even at hogs 2 and minions 2, are these even worth using as a separate but related question?

is it not worth my time to farm DE at TH7? i was hoping to complete at least some of the DE upgrades before going to TH8 since i still have a couple of weeks of tesla and wall upgrades to go not to mention a week of the actual TH upgrade. I am sucking bad with wb's going astray, so balloons 4, hogs 1, and minions 1 are my options here. Even at hogs 2 and minions 2, are these even worth using as a separate but related question?
Don't build hogs at TH7. You can use barch to farm enough DE for the first couple BK upgrades at that level, but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible. I found the most success by moving between 1300 and 1500 trophies. You'll start to see bases where you can take the DE with a barch army.

Others would revenge lightning for it.

I do think the lab upgrades are worth it. They are a huge bottleneck at TH8, and it would even be a bigger bottleneck if you still have those upgrades from TH7 to do. JMHO.

Right now I am barching with 8 wallbreakers, 4 giants, 20 gobs, 64 barbs, and 80 archers (200 camp size). Also go with 2 heals and 1 rage, but I do not always use them.

I am an early TH8, and look for full TH7 or TH8 collector bases, or TH7s with good loot in their storages. Can't hit much else. I also try to always 50% or take out the TH to maintain trophies, but if the loot is good enough I'll take the trophy loss.

I pushed my BK to level 5 and upgraded minions at TH7. I found that a slightly higher trophy count and using barch was the most effective way to climb. Get used to hitting next a lot. You want 400+ DE per raid but obviously from a base you can tackle so patience is key.

I found that the time I got hit the most for the biggest losses were overnights. The Chinese just wait until we all go to sleep and then attack our bases. That's exactly how WW3 is going to start.

thanks for the feedback fellas. right now i run with roughly 50 barbs, 50 arch, 12 wb's, and rest gobs. its an army built for gold and elixer farming. lately i've been hitting a lot of bases with 500+ de laying around, so i try to go deeper into their base but failing bad. i use to run with 8 wb's but upped it to 12 for this reason. so far i havnt touched any of the DE upgrades other than getting my BK to level 2. i don't plan on using hogs till TH8 but do use minions here and there. started to use them in war more so too instead of going 10 dragons which has become overkill at my level.

i'm climbing back up in trophy from sub200 since not much DE down there so maybe this gets better even with just barch once i get back to the range black box mentioned. definitely will try to do those upgrades before hitting the TH8 upgrade though.

thanks for the feedback fellas. right now i run with roughly 50 barbs, 50 arch, 12 wb's, and rest gobs. its an army built for gold and elixer farming. lately i've been hitting a lot of bases with 500+ de laying around, so i try to go deeper into their base but failing bad. i use to run with 8 wb's but upped it to 12 for this reason. so far i havnt touched any of the DE upgrades other than getting my BK to level 2. i don't plan on using hogs till TH8 but do use minions here and there. started to use them in war more so too instead of going 10 dragons which has become overkill at my level.

i'm climbing back up in trophy from sub200 since not much DE down there so maybe this gets better even with just barch once i get back to the range black box mentioned. definitely will try to do those upgrades before hitting the TH8 upgrade though.
Another tip when barching for DE up in the 1300-1500 range is once you are getting up there in DE and getting close to an upgrade, you will be a target. You can try and hide if you have to log off by dropping down to the 1200-1250 range and expose your TH. Then just hope for a shield from someone who doesn't take your DE, or at least get a shield and lose DE to only one attacker.

Another tip when barching for DE up in the 1300-1500 range is once you are getting up there in DE and getting close to an upgrade, you will be a target. You can try and hide if you have to log off by dropping down to the 1200-1250 range and expose your TH. Then just hope for a shield from someone who doesn't take your DE, or at least get a shield and lose DE to only one attacker.
heh, it's sub200 in reverse. thanks again.

DE hunting 101

imo imo imo

If you want a crap ton of DE choosing trophy range is crucial.

-Try to climb to 1800. Once you cross 1800 you are exposed to people trying to snipe for crystal. Same as sniping for 1250. This is powerful.

-Absolutely NEVER logoff if you can help it between 1450 and 1750. That is the zone of death and you can get some real attacks in there.

If you don't care about elixer

--If you get a free shield be patient. Build up a mass dragon army with 3 spells and wait for all those and your hero to finish.

--Be willing to next 50 times to get to a 1k DE if not 1.5kDE.

--Use your BK to guide dragons by letting BK get wasted hitting exterior collectors. This will steer dragons towards the DE tanks.

--Use rage spells to also steer dragons. This takes a bit of practice and luck. Most good bases are setup now to push dragons to perimeter.

If on an elixer budget

--Giant healer wb with 50 gobs. Use heal+rage as required for the gobs

IMO Barch is not going to give you 1k DE. Most bases are too strong to let barch get deep enough to get at the DE. If you do roll that way be prepared to roll 150 arch 20 barch and some WB/minions/gobs to finish out.

The biggest key to DE farming

-Logoff with less than 200k gold and with nearly 0 if not 0 elixer. Always be prepping a mass drag when you logoff, and keep a builder on hand to make walls. Even if you have 2k lootable DE unless someone 3 zaps you they won't normally bother if you have nothing else and will snipe instead.

I pushed my BK to level 5 and upgraded minions at TH7. I found that a slightly higher trophy count and using barch was the most effective way to climb. Get used to hitting next a lot. You want 400+ DE per raid but obviously from a base you can tackle so patience is key.

I found that the time I got hit the most for the biggest losses were overnights. The Chinese just wait until we all go to sleep and then attack our bases. That's exactly how WW3 is going to start.
Serious Business in here.

I have a ton of elixir and only have about 300k of it to spend over the next 6 days. And with extra raids I'll easily be up near 2M elixer. I'm dumping elixer through canceling spells, revenge lightning larger attackers and creating mass wizard/WB armies for laughs.

Brony FBG Loser

Norville

Ignoramus

these guys have sub-optimal war CC's due to someone not leaving enough room for a Valk. I've filled them with Wiz/Arch just so they are at least full, but if you guys want something better, empty out your CC and we can give you some Valks.

Just to make sure they weren't planning some master strategery and trickeration on us, I asked an Asian buddy who plays to join their clan and check their chat log. He sent me a translated copy:

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): we are getting our asses kicked in this war

小小鸟 (Little Bird): yeah 风流豆腐, this is getting embarrasing

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): I know we won 3 straight wars, but who was the dumb ### who suggested we handicap ourselves?

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): not putting troops in our war castles was bad enough, but limiting ourselves to 15 attacks? WTF!?

比基尼WAXER (Bikini Waxer): pretty sure it was 哈哈 who suggested it

哈哈 (culdeus): it would have worked if 花花公子 wouldn't have blown both his attacks. he sucks, we should boot him from the clan.

花花公子 (dude): #### off, 哈哈

小小鸟 (Little Bird): what are "fbgs" anyway? Anyone know?

比基尼WAXER (Bikini Waxer): don't you guys know anything about America? It stands for "fat bottomed girls".

哈哈 (culdeus): awesome, we should see if we can hook up with them after the war

Should I be proud to be a fat bottomed girl?

Just to make sure they weren't planning some master strategery and trickeration on us, I asked an Asian buddy who plays to join their clan and check their chat log. He sent me a translated copy:

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): we are getting our asses kicked in this war

小小鸟 (Little Bird): yeah 风流豆腐, this is getting embarrasing

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): I know we won 3 straight wars, but who was the dumb ### who suggested we handicap ourselves?

风流豆腐 (Merry Tofu): not putting troops in our war castles was bad enough, but limiting ourselves to 15 attacks? WTF!?

比基尼WAXER (Bikini Waxer): pretty sure it was 哈哈 who suggested it

哈哈 (culdeus): it would have worked if 花花公子 wouldn't have blown both his attacks. he sucks, we should boot him from the clan.

小小鸟 (Little Bird): what are "fbgs" anyway? Anyone know?

比基尼WAXER (Bikini Waxer): don't you guys know anything about America? It stands for "fat bottomed girls".

哈哈 (culdeus): awesome, we should see if we can hook up with them after the war

Should I be proud to be a fat bottomed girl?
You make the rockin world go round.

Approaching 4 hours in.

FBG1 47 attacks for 117 stars.

Michigan 31 attacks for 43 stars.

They still have available all their attacks from their top 19 except for one used by #9 and two by #12. (Hey, I'm trying here...)

PatsWillWin said:
Brony FBG Loser

Norville

Ignoramus

these guys have sub-optimal war CC's due to someone not leaving enough room for a Valk. I've filled them with Wiz/Arch just so they are at least full, but if you guys want something better, empty out your CC and we can give you some Valks.
Too late for me but thanks for the offer. Considering I got hit with a Dragon rush I think wizards and archers were probably the best I could do anyway.

PatsWillWin said:
Brony FBG Loser

Norville

Ignoramus

Too late for me but thanks for the offer. Considering I got hit with a Dragon rush I think wizards and archers were probably the best I could do anyway.
Yeah, when I heard they were coming heavy with dragons I figured the wizard/archer combo would be better than the valk anyway.

Is there a decent honeypot this go 'round? I just started minion lvl 3 so I have no DE for another hog raid on the top guys.

PatsWillWin said:
Brony FBG Loser

Norville

Ignoramus

Yeah, when I heard they were coming heavy with dragons I figured the wizard/archer combo would be better than the valk anyway.
I noticed that on mine too, but it didn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Ok guys, calling an audible at the line here. FBG1 is getting close to 150 stars, so lets go for it.

Their top 3 have no stars. #6 has 2 stars. 11, 12 and 13 each have 2 stars. The rest are done already.

We have 2 attacks from davidlee and Gary both. ja also has 2 attacks but I'm not sure if he's around so won't build this strategy around him. After that we have 1 attack each from Jason, Moroder, Dad, Nighthawk, VA in our 5-9 spots, and dude and tamtam at 13 and 14, and Acer at 19.

Gary and davidlee can probably take 1-3 and 6, so let's focus on cleaning up 11-13. Get 3 stars on them and then once they are clear, we can take more shots at #6, or attacks on 1-3 to try to reveal trap locations for Gary and david's attacks. If someone with higher level troops and/or more in your camps than 200 feels he really has a great shot at #6, maybe save your attack for a bit and see if the others finish off 11-13 so you'll be free to hit #6 then. But getting 11-13 should be our priority leaving no more than 4 bases for Gary and david to hit.

Pigskin Fanatic, can you contact davidlee and let him know we're shooting for 150 stars and see if he can get his attacks in?

Let's do it guys! Omaha! Omaha! [/peyton]

Edit: Bill just took down #12 with dragons. #13 is another good dragon candidate, same base layout so you can use Bill's attack on 12 as a template. #11 has a higher level of AA.

did anyone pm gary and ja? this is doable.

I would leave 3 for davidlee and let ja and gary try 1 and 2 and let dlee cleanup whatever they leave from those and in a best case one of them go down and cleanup 6 11 or 13 if still needed.

Users who are viewing this thread