What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

i know fbgs1 can give some expert advice on this:

What's the strategy for a TH8 hitting a TH8 with one of those grid bases? We've not been very good at that this war in Quattro. Our dragons keep pathing to the outside. I even dropped dragons to kill the outside boxes first, then deployed the rest in the middle compartment and they StILL pathed mostly outside. I even tried laying down my rages to try to pull them towards the center and the dragons simply raged for a moment and then turned around and exited the rage out the wrong way.
Hashtag?
Tic tac toe
Those are hard drag bases with center aa because you can't get skulls under cover to them easily. So a all rage works best because once they do get in center there isn't much to distract them

So I put up a 0/3 in my first attack in this FBG4 war. I figured with the 5:1 TH10 advantage, in order for us to have any shot, some of our TH9's would have to dent their TH10's.

I added some giants with 2 golems, and was still eviscerated by the Inferno Towers.

Any advice on taking on inferno towers via ground? I know lavaloon can open some options up, but I'm still 7 days away from getting level 2 lava hounds.

So I put up a 0/3 in my first attack in this FBG4 war. I figured with the 5:1 TH10 advantage, in order for us to have any shot, some of our TH9's would have to dent their TH10's.

I added some giants with 2 golems, and was still eviscerated by the Inferno Towers.

Any advice on taking on inferno towers via ground? I know lavaloon can open some options up, but I'm still 7 days away from getting level 2 lava hounds.
Giants to occupy the inferno seems to help

Giants to augment golems or to replace them? Maybe I just didn't bring enough. I think I packed 2 golems and 8 giants, rest DPS.

Or 5 Golems to occupy the multi infernos before they turn into 10 Golemites which will still occupy the Infernos.

Unless the Golems wander off to pick daisy's like my first attack this war.

Giants to augment golems or to replace them? Maybe I just didn't bring enough. I think I packed 2 golems and 8 giants, rest DPS.
The army comps I'm seeing is as follows.

4 L4 Golems - 120

12 L5 Wiz - 48

5 L6 Giants - 25

6 WB -12

Remainder used to suck and kill CC

CC - Max Golem

Spells

1 or 2 Jump

1 or 2 Rage

1 Zap (If CC is buried)

goal is to get to core as fast as possible by laying down jumps over a path the golems and giants would like to follow (lots of defensive structures)

Giants follow the golems

TH taken out by AQ and BK and your wiz gets you to 50%

This is a mandatory 2 hero strat to get 2 unless the base design is just awful.

If one or more heroes are down then stick to 4+ hounds.

Quez, check in on chat gb. We have some ideas for you from time to time. Also pick up your gem boxes and other trees. You only get so many and they quit spawning. That number is like 38 or so

I like mid crystal a little better these days. It's not just constant nexting over maxed out bases and you often can find TH8 or weak TH9 in that range. It's really ideal if you are only getting in raids sporadically. I think doc is taking all the good masters bases lately anyways.

finding only maxed out th10 in crystal 1. tons of nexting going broke almost. trying to make it to docs land where the gold is plenty

I don't get this clan.

Either they get a ton of asian clans to lay down to them, or they are the best sandboxers on the planet. They have 111 wins, but clearly the majority of the members in it currently were not part of those.

We haven't seen a clan with such weak anti air since August timeframe.

TH8 really should try to step up into the higher TH9 bases looking for 2 early. They only have 2 max TH8 and several of their low TH9 don't have a single L6 anti air among them.

Hell, it takes them to base 23 to find 3 L6 Anti Air, period.

I don't get this clan.

Either they get a ton of asian clans to lay down to them, or they are the best sandboxers on the planet. They have 111 wins, but clearly the majority of the members in it currently were not part of those.

TH8 really should try to step up into the higher TH9 bases looking for 2 early. They only have 2 max TH8 and several of their low TH9 don't have a single L6 anti air among them.

I think 36-38 have maxed out ADs.

ETA: But 39-50 are all basic drag rush bases. Easy 36 stars down there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I realize the irony that I called a base higher for Shuke to get 3 than my main account. And shuke won't be done after 3 starring that base either. He is out for blood.

I don't get this clan.

I nerded it up on troop levels sitting here waiting for a report to run because curiosity got the best of me.

A negative means their stronger, positive we're stonger.

Avg TH 10 troop level difference (including doc)

Archers -.45

Barbs -.69

Giants -.34

Loons .38

Wiz .02

Drag .57

Pekka 1.20

Hogs .77

Golem 1.15

Witch -.01

Hound 1.06

BK -6.69

AQ -9.43

War Stars -95.78

Avg TH9 troop levels (excluding shuke)

Archers - .12

Barbs - .27

Giants .12

Loons .62

Wiz .00

Drag 1.18

Pekka 1.02

Hogs .66

Golem .99

Witch .11

Hound .73

BK -.35

AQ .21

War Stars 19.20

We have quite an edge as far as regular war troops are concerned besides for the massive heroes some of them have. Then their barch and giants are stronger than ours. Then you look at their wins and war stars and its clear they are grabbing enough stars to win (and they have guys with 400+ stars and one over 500).

With that said, don't fall for the double pot they are offering.

Best measure of clan attack would be

TH10 - How many bases have

Max Golem

Max Pekka

Max Hound

Max Freeze

TH9 and 10

Max Hogs

Max Loons

TH9

L2 Hounds

TH8

Max Gowipe including spells

Best measure of clan attack would be

TH10 - How many bases have

Max Golem 6 vs 5

Max Pekka 2 vs 1

Max Hound 3 vs 5

Max Freeze 5 vs 1

Ones with max freeze have max golem and mainly made up of their top 5.

TH9 and 10

Max Hogs 17 vs 25

Max Loons 23 vs 31

TH9

L2 Hounds 1 vs 7

TH8

Max Gowipe including spells 2 vs 1 (didn't do spells)

What lvl walls should I have before going from TH8 to TH9? Thanks.
Meh, walls don't matter for the TH9 swap over. Critical path is labs.
Expound for me.

Right now I'm at:

Lvl 6 walls

Lab Upgrades - Regular barracks - all maxed except balloon and pekka. Dark Barracks - Hogs @ 2 is my only upgrade so far

Defenses - maxed wizard/mortar, cannons @ 9, archers @ 8/9, air at 4/5

Camps maxed of course

Yes, I realize the irony that I called a base higher for Shuke to get 3 than my main account. And shuke won't be done after 3 starring that base either. He is out for blood.
Pssst... He does realize he is shuke right? Third person reference and stuff.

"Jimmys got moves.... Ohhhhh Jimmys down.... Jimmy needs help."

Expound for me.

Right now I'm at:

Lvl 6 walls

Lab Upgrades - Regular barracks - all maxed except balloon and pekka. Dark Barracks - Hogs @ 2 is my only upgrade so far

Camps maxed of course
Loons to 5

Hogs to 4

King to 10

Push button

rest is mostly meaningless unless in a hardcore war clan

Expound for me.Right now I'm at:

Lvl 6 walls

Camps maxed of course
Moving to TH 9 before all your lab is maxed (aside pekka 3 and valk) is where you can get into trouble. Early TH9 you need all kinds of elixir for upgrades and if you are behind on troop levels it take a long time to dig out of the hole. You also don't want to be in a situation where your defense is much stronger than your offense.

Also getting BK to 10 is very much required (imo)

So, here's my first pass at this. It's definitely going to be tough to go much further since everything is correlated with each other and, obviously, with TH level.

Infernos will have to be revisited since so few guys have them and they're basically a proxy for TH10s right now.

Having said...here's my best initial guess at what really matters in terms of clan rankings:

Base Rank 51Townhouse Level 0.24 Total Troop Levels (0.19)Total Hero Levels (0.23)Total Wiz Tower Levels (0.44)Total Xbow Levels (2.08)Those five items explain about 95% of the variance in the rankings.One way of looking at the data above is that a level of X-bow is worth about 10 troop levels and a bit less than 5 Wizard Tower levels. Or that upgrading a Wizard Tower level is worth about twice as much as adding a Hero level or upgrading one troop.

The way you'd use this is to generate a number for each base in the clan, like this:

51 +

(TH Level * .24) +

(total of all Troop levels * -.19) +

(total Hero levels * -.23) +

(total Wizard Tower levels * -.44) +

(total X-bow levels * -2.08) +

Then rank the bases from lowest to highest using the scores.

If you do that with the test set you get this (I had to rerank the bases in the data set 1-46 to account for the four missing bases):

Predicted Rank Actual Rank Difference1 1 02 3 -13 4 -14 5 -15 2 36 9 -37 6 18 10 -29 7 210 11 -111 12 -112 14 -213 13 014 15 -115 17 -216 8 817 16 118 18 019 20 -120 30 -1021 22 -122 27 -523 21 224 19 525 23 226 26 027 24 328 29 -129 28 130 25 531 31 032 33 -133 32 134 35 -135 34 136 36 037 37 038 39 -139 40 -140 38 241 41 042 42 043 43 044 44 045 45 046 46 0That's pretty good. The predicted ranking for 38/46 of the bases is within two of their actual ranking. It wouldn't work exactly that well on a different set of bases, but it's definitely good enough that you can see the relative value of the stuff that matters.If someone wanted to look at bases 8 and 30 to see what's atypical about them there might be another clue or two as to how the rankings get done since both were ranked way differently than their predicted ranking. #8 was originally #11 (culdeus) and #30 was originally #27 (mddstarnes).

Ok, this next part is tricky.

Those rankings assume that you're developing your base in a typical way. It's not that passive defense or Teslas or etc don't matter at all -- it's just that there's basically no new information in that data since it's captured by the four or five pieces above. IOW, if you've got a TH10 with L20 heroes and 35 Wizard Tower levels, the total level of mortars or cannons or etc is basically known too. And the typical range of total levels for those other things doesn't make any difference in the rankings.

So if you developed ONLY Wizard Towers and Xbows, and ignored the other stuff, this wouldn't work for your base.

If at all possible I'd like to see what the cumulative gold spent is vs clan ranking. Taking townhall out of this since we know townhall gold doesnt count (see shuke)

for FBGS war, last night I noticed majority of the TH10 and TH9s have max hogs but barely upgraded their golems and pekkas. Maybe not majority but many that I looked at. I would expect a lot of hog attacks today.

why would mordoor and i be so different. the only thing we have separating us is heroes and wall
How different are you two?

ETA: In the clan war rankings?
He's one above me.
And I see that both of you are maxed out on your defensive towers. Hard to tell who has better walls, but he has some lavas mixed in his, so I would give the edge to him there.

And his heroes > your heroes.

And his troop upgrades > your troop upgrades.

You guys are ranked as expected as far as I can tell :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread