What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

server maintenance... do we expect alot of dead bases to float to the top here? I may need to find an empty conference room for a bit!

why would mordoor and i be so different. the only thing we have separating us is heroes and wall
How different are you two?

ETA: In the clan war rankings?
He's one above me.
And I see that both of you are maxed out on your defensive towers. Hard to tell who has better walls, but he has some lavas mixed in his, so I would give the edge to him there.

And his heroes > your heroes.

And his troop upgrades > your troop upgrades.

You guys are ranked as expected as far as I can tell :shrug:
Well in the data set he posted it has my base far lower and moredoor about where he should be.

And I bet I have more in walls both in gold and hp by about 30% than md. I am just going to get all legos before I start doing lavas. No real reason behind this approach. If I ever found myself with 3 mil gold I'd probably buy a lava.

my model16 my actual 8 delta 8

I'm willing to bet I had a data entry error. Check my raw counts vs. MD if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDD's main issue is he hasn't even unlocked witches or hounds.

eta: by issue I mean that his ranking disconnect may be tied to this fact. Or he also could have a data entry error.

I bet I have more in walls both in gold and hp by about 30% than md.
Certainly possible, but you were roughly 70 million (gold) behind me when you last compared us (early December). I've really taken my foot off the gas lately, but it would be surprising if you got that far ahead in a few weeks.

What is your wall composition today?

Certainly possible, but you were roughly 70 million (gold) behind me when you last compared us (early December). I've really taken my foot off the gas lately, but it would be surprising if you got that far ahead in a few weeks.

Server is down I'm gonna guess I'm at about 150 lego 100 skulls. I went on a wall bonanza with the gem boost. I stayed down in silver/gold for nearly the entire time.

ETA

139 lego

111 skulls

why would mordoor and i be so different. the only thing we have separating us is heroes and wall

He's one above me.
And I see that both of you are maxed out on your defensive towers. Hard to tell who has better walls, but he has some lavas mixed in his, so I would give the edge to him there.

Well in the data set he posted it has my base far lower and moredoor about where he should be.

And I bet I have more in walls both in gold and hp by about 30% than md. I am just going to get all legos before I start doing lavas. No real reason behind this approach. If I ever found myself with 3 mil gold I'd probably buy a lava.

I'm willing to bet I had a data entry error. Check my raw counts vs. MD if you can.
You must have lower hero and troop levels relative to the rest of the clan, but they both count for less in the "real world".

Barbarian & Dragon event!!

Chief, attack your opponents with Barbarians and Dragons. LOTS of Barbarians and Dragons!!!

For a limited time, both units train 5 times quicker!

He's one above me.

You must have lower hero and troop levels relative to the rest of the clan, but they both count for less in the "real world".
MD has on me

Level 6 Arch

Level 4 Healer

Level 2 Jump

I have him by one on BK level (18 vs 17)

He has me by seven on AQ level (15 vs 22)

Everything else is equal.

He has his lab running so the only thing it could be is valks and I'm doing that right now as well.

The update seems to have broken the game on my iphone. It crashes during load and tries to restart, repeating the cycle over and over.

It's safe to delete and reinstall the app right? Pretty sure it's linked to my gamecenter - it usually greets me every time I log on.

He's one above me.

MD has on me

Level 6 Arch

Level 4 Healer

Level 2 Jump

He has his lab running so the only thing it could be is valks and I'm doing that right now as well.
Those pesky little bombs are holding you back.

He's one above me.

MD has on me

Level 6 Arch

Level 4 Healer

Level 2 Jump

what bombs

There's another way to do this if someone's got a ton of time on their hands.

Basically pair base X with base X-1, X-2 and X-3 for every base. 1/2, 1/3, 1,4, 2/3, 2/4, 2/5, ... 49/50.

Then eliminate everything that's not held in common between each pair.

Call the higher-ranked base 1 and the lower rated base 0.

Get all 97 pairs (if you had all 50 bases) and run a logistic regression using the non-common items to predict the 1s and 0s. That would be quite a bit more refined than what I did and would get rid of the correlation problem too.

I can't take that on, but if someone wanted better estimates of how every item stacked up against every other item that would be one way to get there. Especially if you did it for multiple clans at the same time (which you could do since you're turning the rankings into 1s and 0s).

The update seems to have broken the game on my iphone. It crashes during load and tries to restart, repeating the cycle over and over.

It's safe to delete and reinstall the app right? Pretty sure it's linked to my gamecenter - it usually greets me every time I log on.
Well I deleted and reinstalled and the problem persists.

He's one above me.

MD has on me

Level 6 Arch

Level 4 Healer

Level 2 Jump

what bombs
The small bombs. You have yours at level 5 and he's at level 6

He's one above me.

MD has on me

Level 6 Arch

Level 4 Healer

Level 2 Jump

what bombs
The small bombs. You have yours at level 5 and he's at level 6
Oh for ####s sake. When did this happen?

In related news unemployment levels are projected to drop 80% in my village over the next week.

Tell me why our good friend 500 isn't the right place to be during this boost?

3 rax of drags 1 rax of barbs.

pack 3 zaps 1 rage

Those bases didn't get any harder in the last 6 months to mass drags. Keep the barbs for the collectors you run across.

Is anyone else using iPhone5 for this game? I rebooted and reinstalled twice, it doesn't want to load ever since the update.

Is anyone else using iPhone5 for this game? I rebooted and reinstalled twice, it doesn't want to load ever since the update.
There's one other guy on the SC forum saying the same thing.

So doesn't look like you are alone.

pack 3 zaps 1 rage

Those bases didn't get any harder in the last 6 months to mass drags. Keep the barbs for the collectors you run across.
I can't imagine dropping 2400 trophies right now. I just can't bring myself to do it......

So much for collector barching - going to be lots of barbs out there. I just got hit with 200 barbs for 8000/9000/0, so they'll do it for anything. It'll be like barb locust.

139 lego

111 skulls
Mine:

82 purple

13 skull

141 lego

14 lava

Simplifying the math makes it

98 skull walls

vs

82 purple

2 Lego

14 lava

I think that might mean you trail very slightly on gold spent; not sure about hp (about to hit the road can check later)

139 lego

111 skulls
Mine:

82 purple

13 skull

141 lego

14 lava

Simplifying the math makes it

98 skull walls

vs

82 purple

2 Lego

14 lava

I think that might mean you trail very slightly on gold spent; not sure about hp (about to hit the road can check later)
I have 15% more HP, so not that much. I didn't realize you've been pushing lava lately you sneaky *******.

Happend to me.

Open app store search clash and click open it will apply update

pack 3 zaps 1 rage

I can't imagine dropping 2400 trophies right now. I just can't bring myself to do it......
Not to mention how many time you'll have to hit 'Next' to find a worthwhile target for dragons down there.

Happend to me.

Open app store search clash and click open it will apply update
All other chatter needs to stop until we get Moroder back online!!!!!!11!!!

Happend to me.Open app store search clash and click open it will apply update
All other chatter needs to stop until we get Moroder back online!!!!!!11!!!
Ha! It's all good, VA's tip worked :)

So my main account is on my Android phone and iPad. I have a second attack that I started like a day ago that's on a random old iPhone. I'm not enjoying on the iPhone.

I don't really get how the Apple stuff works. If I wanted to sync my second account onto the iPad, does that I mean I have to log out on the whole iPad and log on to a separate Gamecenter account? Or I can I just sync it in the CoC game and that's it?

And obviously that won't affect my primary account that would continue to exist separately on the Android, right?

So my main account is on my Android phone and iPad. I have a second attack that I started like a day ago that's on a random old iPhone. I'm not enjoying on the iPhone.

I don't really get how the Apple stuff works. If I wanted to sync my second account onto the iPad, does that I mean I have to log out on the whole iPad and log on to a separate Gamecenter account? Or I can I just sync it in the CoC game and that's it?

And obviously that won't affect my primary account that would continue to exist separately on the Android, right?
Yes you have to use two gamecenter accounts. I highly advise against swapping game center accounts on the same ipad. Not only do you risk catching the ban, but if you followed my issue I lost the gamecenter link to my account for a period of time as well.

Yes you have to use two gamecenter accounts. I highly advise against swapping game center accounts on the same ipad. Not only do you risk catching the ban, but if you followed my issue I lost the gamecenter link to my account for a period of time as well.
Hm. Okay. Doesn't seem like it's worth it then. I will continue playing SameAsDay1 on the crappy old iPhone. Probably only going to max level 7 or something anyway.

Hey, you can't change the timer on clashcaller once the war starts. So please try to self regulate and don't call bases you can't hit within 2-4 hours at a maximum. If a call gets left up there too long don't be shocked if it gets taken down.

We will continue to use clashcaller to try and clean up for second attacks.

We need to get 3 stars at least up to base 20 and likely 4 more 3 stars from 1-19.

They have not unleashed their high hero TH10s on us. I expect they will 3 star up to 4 of our TH10 bases and will have 35-40 total 3 star attacks. We are not out of this, they still have to execute but they have the firepower to crush us.

Hm. Okay. Doesn't seem like it's worth it then. I will continue playing SameAsDay1 on the crappy old iPhone. Probably only going to max level 7 or something anyway.
It's only viable to have 2 accounts imo if you are a bluestacks guy, or you have a spare tablet or something to use at home.

It's only viable to have 2 accounts imo if you are a bluestacks guy, or you have a spare tablet or something to use at home.
We have an older iPhone nobody uses. Just planning on screwing around on it when it doesn't make sense to crack Myk's shield. If I can get him up to max level 7 (maybe even 8) and use him as a useful war filler, so be it.

Still haven't attacked yet. Have a max TH9 gowipe ready to rock. Anyone want to assign me a target? I'll go as high as needed.

Any android device works to switch easily. I play mostly on bluestacks, but on my android tablet, I've switched across multiple accounts just as easily.

We have an older iPhone nobody uses. Just planning on screwing around on it when it doesn't make sense to crack Myk's shield. If I can get him up to max level 7 (maybe even 8) and use him as a useful war filler, so be it.
My son and I have 5-6 accounts on different phones and tablets. We have no issues.

I think we are closing in on the point where a .500 win percent might be our goal in fbgs for awhile. Our really low hero level is going to be hard to overcome with the best organization. I watch these guys with crappy deployment just get their ### saved by their huge heroes every single time.

Even if you don't have time or effort to do the king, the queen level is the single biggest factor in clan war success going forward. I'd rather have a sleeping upgrading queen than one that is less than level 15. 20 should be the minimum before going to TH10. Ideally, 20 with a total value of 35 whether that's a 25/10 split or whatever.

King is low value imo and really is just there to serve as a meat shield and cleanup. I rarely see it factor in battles dependent on the level. If you have to punt it punt it.

I think we are closing in on the point where a .500 win percent might be our goal in fbgs for awhile. Our really low hero level is going to be hard to overcome with the best organization. I watch these guys with crappy deployment just get their ### saved by their huge heroes every single time.

Even if you don't have time or effort to do the king, the queen level is the single biggest factor in clan war success going forward. I'd rather have a sleeping upgrading queen than one that is less than level 15. 20 should be the minimum before going to TH10. Ideally, 20 with a total value of 35 whether that's a 25/10 split or whatever.

King is low value imo and really is just there to serve as a meat shield and cleanup. I rarely see it factor in battles dependent on the level. If you have to punt it punt it.
I agree heroes are a huge factor in TH10 level attacks, but Kings are very critical to me in dealing with opposing CC troops. His hero ability to spawn barbs and rage help deal with opposing CC troops. Providing that meat shield so your damage dealers can kill their CC troops is very key.

Users who are viewing this thread