Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Clash of Clans (Official thread)

How can you say Doc is not rushed and tell someone who has everything upgraded but heroes to stay until they get that done

Doesnt compute

Heroes are great and all but not the end all unless you are dealing with high 20s

It doesnt matter to me either way, but BB is right. Everything seems important in the NOW. Everyone should just do their own thing and have fun. People will figure it out. And gemming time is a huge benefit not everyone has

Right. I'm maxed at TH8 save ATs and Cannons at lvl 8 of 10, but I learned my lesson when I rushed TH7 by a month to get the DE drill quicker. Not sure in the end if it ended up being worth it or not, but it sucked being a punching bag for a month.

It's tempting to get up to TH9 and start investing this excess DE into AQ though, awfully.

• Replies 28.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

One aspect that is never discussed, is the attack/defense ratio. What I mean by that is, how many attacks you get in before you have to log off and defend. For many of us, it's 1:1. For doc, I would bet it's more than 20:1.

The answer is right here.

At Honda we have our own super farmer. Imagine the possibilities if they were united :o rival clans would tremble before them and probably not show up for war at all, but leave behind a couple high honeypots as tribute.

Lol...he even add all gold/elix vaults unprotected for weeks to keep his de alone and still kept them maxed.

Who is playing this game and not spent any money? Is there enough of us to start a 5th clan? FBG5: Dentites.

Mid-TH9 and never spent a dime. No plans to start either.

Never got that 5th builder either. More than happy with that decision.

One aspect that is never discussed, is the attack/defense ratio. What I mean by that is, how many attacks you get in before you have to log off and defend. For many of us, it's 1:1. For doc, I would bet it's more than 20:1.

At Honda we have our own super farmer. Imagine the possibilities if they were united :o rival clans would tremble before them and probably not show up for war at all, but leave behind a couple high honeypots as tribute.

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgrades.

It's hilarious, because a month ago, culd was adamant that walls had been neglected way too much and it was a huge downfall. So everyone in FBGs spent a bunch of time upgrading walls. Now that the walls are upgraded, they don't matter, lol.

Yeah, at the ends stage of TH10' of course Heroes are the big difference maker. Because everything else has already been taken care of. It's not like you guys are getting wrecked by a bunch of 1 cannon TH10s with Max Heroes.

The problem for FBGs isn't that you guys upgraded defenses and barbs and the like earlier, it's that a ton of you guys neglected Hero upgrades at lower levels. There's constantly been these "strategies" to "just ignore walls" or "just do these defensive upgrades" and push the TH button as fast as you can. Then a few months later people are stressed out because either raiding to get enough resources is extremely hard, it's hard to even keep resources, or they're getting killed in wars because they neglected a defense or walls or Heroes.

There are a TON of lab upgrades at TH8. If you don't upgrade your barbs, archers and Giants, good luck raiding at TH9. If you don'tt upgrade your dragons, good luck being useful in war for several months. If you don't upgrade your spells, good luck in both raiding and wars. If you don't start some of those DE upgrades at TH8, good luck grinding for it at TH9 with weaker defenses, tougher opponents and weaker troops.

The reality is that the game changes as you advance. Troops become more important, and then less important and other troops become more important. That also means that certain defenses become more and less important as you advance. If you neglect something because it isn't important at the moment, you run into the problems FBGs has run into multiple times when you find out it's important later. Or, if you ignore it now because someone tells you it's not important 2 TH levels from now, you may find yourself struggling to even advance those TH levels because that stuff IS important now.

Stop rushing through the game. Enjoy it and spend time figuring out how to best win as you go instead of constantly trying to game the system.

• Like 11

^ This.

And let's not forget the game itself changes when SC decides to make updates/tweaks/nerfs. Next update Valks might be the most important troop in the world, and we'll be behind the curve, again, because they are unimportant now, so why upgrade them?

• Like 2

There are two components to improving in war:

1. Be better on offense. This includes improving the level of your troops and also improving your attacking skills. It seems some people think they can just get high level heroes and then watch the stars roll in. It doesn't work that way. These clans that are ripping through TH10s and max TH9s are employing high-level attack strategies. They know it takes X number of balloons to destroy a Level X archer tower when the archer tower is X spaces away from the spawn point. They know the exact ratio of spells to bring. They practice these strategies in Champions League.

Instead of searching for some magic formula, time should be invested on perfecting attack strategies. Spend a week - or a month - doing nothing but a single strategy. Find videos so you'll have a good starting point, but actually use it - many times. Discover exactly which bases it's best against. Find out exactly when to release each type of troop. You'll soon be able to go down the opponents war bases and see which bases you'll excel against. Once you've mastered one strategy, spend time on another. It might take until summer, but you'll become a fantastic attacker.

2. Be better on defense. This includes improving the level of your defenses but also improving your base design. Sure, attacking inferno towers is no picnic, but that's only the case when they are tough to get to. Even the best defensive building is easily beaten when it's in the wrong place. We have many TH9s and TH10s with an easily lurable clan castles. This is a fundamental design failure. We have many bases at every level giving away double-digit free percentage. Another failure.

Rather than copying base designs, effort should be spent on learning design fundamentals. Constantly look at defensive replays. See why it's bad to have all your gold storage in one spot. Learn why it's better to have teslas just outside of your core. If you get 3-starred, the reaction should be "time to find another base." The options should be either tweaked the discovered flaw in your current design or a custom rebuild from scratch.

Anyway, if you don't want to do all of that, that's cool. It's a pretty sizable time investment to be a high-level player. Just don't throw your hands up when you are a TH9 or TH10 who keeps getting smashed and can't return the favor.

Also, put me in the "max everything before going to the next town hall" group.

• Like 5
Stop rushing through the game. Enjoy it and spend time figuring out how to best win as you go instead of constantly trying to game the system.

:thumbup:

There may be a most efficient way to upgrade through the THs, but you'll never go wrong with upgrading everything evenly and to completion. Losses happen, from what I can tell there is no avoiding that unless maybe you have an ultimate all maxed TH10 clan or something?

Or maybe there is a way to invincibility, I really hope Culd finds it and enjoy watching him search for it, but I think if it were there, somebody would have found it by now?

• Like 1

I think knowing what we know now I'd really tell TH8 the following

-As soon as you get your king to 10 push the button.

There is no value in staying at TH8 anymore past BK10.

Everything else, All of it. Is pointless.

I'm DE farming now. But I'll have to choose between BK10, Golem2 and Hog4. Still go BK and hit the button?

?

I'm DE farming now. But I'll have to choose between BK10, Golem2 and Hog4. Still go BK and hit the button?

?

If you're at BK 9, I don't think it makes sense to put off BK 10 to upgrade something else. BK10 is a big upgrade and you're right there. Go for it now if you can get it.

?

BK10 over those, but I would max TH8 - including walls - before moving up.

Define rushing.

Your definition and mine are different I bet.

I would argue doc is not rushed.

No offense to doc - he's obviously free to play as he sees fit, but any TH10 I can 3-star with barch and heal spells is rushed.

There is no argument. I dont even know what Culdy was getting at. However, the thing about Doc is that while you can three star it, he probably wont have any resources worth taking. When he logs out after 12 hours of attacking, he will dump all resources into walls or upgrades leaving nothing. Then he starts all over again. But he is definitely rushed. He is the anomaly like Ash where it wont hurt him when attacked

Define rushing.

No offense to doc - he's obviously free to play as he sees fit, but any TH10 I can 3-star with barch and heal spells is rushed.

He has the punching power of a TH10 and only counts as a TH8 or thereabouts in war rankings. That's not rushed in the war context at least.

Define rushing.

He has the punching power of a TH10 and only counts as a TH8 or thereabouts in war rankings. That's not rushed in the war context at least.

What's the point? If you had an entire clan of docs, you get matched up with a bunch of mostly TH8s and everything ends in draws because you can 3 star all of them but you are all easily 3 starred as well. Seems weird.

Define rushing.

He's our #11 this war...any easy 3 star there hurts. Especially when a TH9 can easily get it done.

TH9s had issue without infernos 3 starring him. I'm gonna bet it's gonna take a TH10 to do it now.

Define rushing.

He's our #11 this war...any easy 3 star there hurts. Especially when a TH9 can easily get it done.

I withdraw my post. Last I checked he was in the 30s.

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgrades.

It's hilarious, because a month ago, culd was adamant that walls had been neglected way too much and it was a huge downfall. So everyone in FBGs spent a bunch of time upgrading walls. Now that the walls are upgraded, they don't matter, lol.

Yeah, at the ends stage of TH10' of course Heroes are the big difference maker. Because everything else has already been taken care of. It's not like you guys are getting wrecked by a bunch of 1 cannon TH10s with Max Heroes.

The problem for FBGs isn't that you guys upgraded defenses and barbs and the like earlier, it's that a ton of you guys neglected Hero upgrades at lower levels. There's constantly been these "strategies" to "just ignore walls" or "just do these defensive upgrades" and push the TH button as fast as you can. Then a few months later people are stressed out because either raiding to get enough resources is extremely hard, it's hard to even keep resources, or they're getting killed in wars because they neglected a defense or walls or Heroes.

There are a TON of lab upgrades at TH8. If you don't upgrade your barbs, archers and Giants, good luck raiding at TH9. If you don'tt upgrade your dragons, good luck being useful in war for several months. If you don't upgrade your spells, good luck in both raiding and wars. If you don't start some of those DE upgrades at TH8, good luck grinding for it at TH9 with weaker defenses, tougher opponents and weaker troops.

The reality is that the game changes as you advance. Troops become more important, and then less important and other troops become more important. That also means that certain defenses become more and less important as you advance. If you neglect something because it isn't important at the moment, you run into the problems FBGs has run into multiple times when you find out it's important later. Or, if you ignore it now because someone tells you it's not important 2 TH levels from now, you may find yourself struggling to even advance those TH levels because that stuff IS important now.

Where have I backed off walls? Here's my mantra as of 2/3/15

Offense spaces and barracks

Farming Labs

War Offense Labs

Heroes

Walls

Resource buildings and gatherers

Splash

Point

poke holes

Define rushing.

You've just described a rushed base - a TH10 on a TH8 level. Whether or not it helps in war is immaterial.

Alot of us didn't do heroes because we hated missing them in war. That's ok. It's my excuse as well. Now we know they are ultimately going to be the deciding factor both for getting 3 starred in war and BEING 3 starred in war.

I'd be stunned if we can manage 2 on more than 2 TH10s this time. And we probably will have 5-6 of our TH10 completely rekt. I'm expecting a good show.

Define rushing.

What's the point? If you had an entire clan of docs, you get matched up with a bunch of mostly TH8s and everything ends in draws because you can 3 star all of them but you are all easily 3 starred as well. Seems weird.

you are overstating the weakness of his defenses.

Define rushing.

TH9s had issue without infernos 3 starring him. I'm gonna bet it's gonna take a TH10 to do it now.

Could a max TH9 get it done? I think anytime a lower TH level can get the 3 star on a higher TH its a major disadvantage for us.

A decent attacker with max hogs or TH9-max lavaloonian should be able to.

Define rushing.

You've just described a rushed base - a TH10 on a TH8 level. Whether or not it helps in war is immaterial.

You can only give up 3. You can get 6.

?
I'd personally get your hogs and golems upgraded

Agree. hog4 = 12 days, golem2 = 10 days. You won't be able to research TH9 troops until after that anyway.. might as well hunt the DE for them as a strong TH8 rather than a TH9 with a TH8 army.

If you're a superfarmer who will earn 100k DE/week vs. TH9s with a TH8 army, then go for it, the rules don't apply to you!

Define rushing.

As Culdeus said, you are working off a different definition of rushed. On a clan level, we only care if a base is rushed in the sense that they register as a strong war base but dont have the offensive firepower to match.

You seem to be saying anyone who upgrades the TH without maxed out defenses is rushing. Thats fine, but I couldn't care less if others in my clan are doing that as long as they can punch at their TH level. The only person they arguably hurt is themselves in that scenario in that they will have a tougher time holding onto loot. So when we say someone's base is "rushed" in a perjorative sense we are referring to the war centric definition.

Edited by thecatch

I don't think 100kDE a week is superfarmer TH9. you mine 17k a week as it is. Conservative lets say you get another 8 from war to get you to 25k

Loonian in the CR1/M3 range 5 raids a day will get you 100k a week as a TH9 without any stress.

If you can just loot plus bonus 2000 a raid, you are gonna get 100k a week no sweat.

Define rushing.

I see this thinking a lot, but it's flawed. Everyone can't get 6.

Anyway, the fact remains that he has rushed to TH10 in order to improve his army for war.

Define rushing.

Anyway, the fact remains that he has rushed to TH10 in order to improve his army for war.

I think we are to the point where our top 20 are expected to be able to 3 star any TH9. All of them.

Define rushing.

As Culdeus said, you are working off a different definition of rushed. On a clan level, we only care if a base is rushed in the sense that they register as a strong war base but dont have the offensive firepower to match.

You seem to be saying anyone who upgrades the TH without maxed out defenses is rushing. Thats fine, but I couldn't care less if others in my clan are doing that as long as they can punch at their TH level. The only person they arguably hurt is themselves in that scenario in that they will have a tougher time holding onto loot. So when we say someone's base is "rushed" in a perjorative sense we are referring to the war centric definition.

A TH10 with Level 4 aid defenses and mortars - not to mention his below average heroes, spells, and dragons - is rushed 100% of the time. You're just okay with this kind of rushed because it both helps you get stars and aids - a tad - with matchmaking.

And that's fine. But dude is rushed. I can't believe I'm arguing over this. I think I'm done.

I don't think 100kDE a week is superfarmer TH9. you mine 17k a week as it is. Conservative lets say you get another 8 from war to get you to 25k

Loonian in the CR1/M3 range 5 raids a day will get you 100k a week as a TH9 without any stress.

If you can just loot plus bonus 2000 a raid, you are gonna get 100k a week no sweat.

Agreed. Maybe 200k DE is superfarming.

Define rushing.

I think we are to the point where our top 20 are expected to be able to 3 star any TH9. All of them.

You face many clans with 40 TH9s?

TH9 can mine 33.6k a week can they not?

Define rushing.

A TH10 with Level 4 aid defenses and mortars - not to mention his below average heroes, spells, and dragons - is rushed 100% of the time. You're just okay with this kind of rushed because it both helps you get stars and aids - a tad - with matchmaking.

And that's fine. But dude is rushed. I can't believe I'm arguing over this. I think I'm done.

i can't believe you are arguing about it either.

Define rushing.

i can't believe you are arguing about it either.

I'm generally compelled to comment on laughable claims. :shrug:

Define rushing.

You face many clans with 40 TH9s?

Yeah, we do now. The normal mix we get are

10-12 TH10

30 TH9

rest of it comprised of a random mix of crap

TH9 can mine 33.6k a week can they not?

oops, yeah. 2 drills of the sweet sweet.

I am in the top 20 and can not 3 star th9

If I get my teslas and xbows up, I think Im in top 15. Still cant 3 star a th9

3 ways TH9 can be 3 starred imo - With both heroes.

Pentahound - SMN has the blueprint and has been dominating with this

Hogs - Doc has the blueprint for hog bases

GoHoWiWi - For those that just won't fall by the other means. Backside hogs and loons finish them off.

All our top 20 have this capacity. Execution is perhaps an issue, but we have the potential.

Glad to hear that. The AQ upgrade costs have intimidated me.

What's the proper army make up and strategy for Loonian for DE?

I've only ever used barchers and its been ok.

Also - at trophy level 1300, I need to level up majorly to get there right?

ETA: that link you posted to the guy who is an ace at it is way too long to read.

Edited by John Bender

I am in the top 20 and can not 3 star th9

If I get my teslas and xbows up, I think Im in top 15. Still cant 3 star a th9

3 ways TH9 can be 3 starred imo - With both heroes.

Pentahound - SMN has the blueprint and has been dominating with this

Hogs - Doc has the blueprint for hog bases

GoHoWiWi - For those that just won't fall by the other means. Backside hogs and loons finish them off.

All our top 20 have this capacity. Execution is perhaps an issue, but we have the potential.

I need to learn this one.

ETA: that link you posted to the guy who is an ace at it is way too long to read.

I've been at masters 3 using 1 hound 28 balloons 25 minions and cc minions. 3 Rage one zap. But like to only use one rage.

Usually shoot for a base of over 2000.

Need to be at M3/CR1 to effectively farm DE with loonian. Otherwise you just next forever. You can certainly do it at any trophy level, it's just a matter of how much nexting you can tolerate.

Nothing fancy. 40 minions rest loons, cc any flyers. 3 rage 1 heal.

Look for bases with 2000+ DE and easy to get to storage. Get er done.

At TH8 I used 24 loons, 24 minions, the rest archer with 3 zaps. Testing cc for troops is important.

Gold 3 and 2 had been fine for this army.

Ash has bullet points I think. Basically, he's has 2 barracks for barbs, 2 for archer and both de barracks for minions. Get to Gold 1 and next for bases with a total of 300k resources.

Leaving TH out is way better now with the increased search range and loot bonuses.

I only have my TH in if I have basically no loot to take.

What does this mean?

Your nexting used to only keep you within about +/-200 trophies. The latest update spread this out a bit, to perhaps as much as 400. This has had the effect of lowering the cups you lose on snipes, though this wasn't necessarily their intention.