What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

I think it almost changes the game completely, right? The named war attacks and bases are about either getting to or protecting the core, a majority of them at least. Not anymore.

Clean slate. Reinvent war.. could be fun.
Exactly. What are we building walls around? What are we defending? Essentially, just blocks of HP with no real value.

May as well put all the builder huts in the middle to protect those easy % points. :shrug:
Isn't it about time we protect them? Those hard working men build our buildings and remove our unwanted trees and they don't even get paid!
You don't pay yours? YOU MONSTER!

Lowering my expectations and targets to TH9's going forward.

Completely lost in clan war attacks lately. Zero confidence in both ground and air attacks.

Not doing anyone any good getting zero stars over and over again.
Good time for non stop double hero leveling.Keep your chin up. All good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it almost changes the game completely, right? The named war attacks and bases are about either getting to or protecting the core, a majority of them at least. Not anymore.

Clean slate. Reinvent war.. could be fun.
Exactly. What are we building walls around? What are we defending? Essentially, just blocks of HP with no real value.

May as well put all the builder huts in the middle to protect those easy % points. :shrug:
Isn't it about time we protect them? Those hard working men build our buildings and remove our unwanted trees and they don't even get paid!
You don't pay yours? YOU MONSTER!
When removing multiple trees I like to make my builders run to the opposite side of the screen to the tree furthest away. The guy looks like he could stand to lose a few pounds.

There were a few things with higher max levels at TH10 - dragons, mortars come to mind.

Wall prices after level 8 to be reduced "slightly."

Heroes available for war while being upgraded.

Anti-air defenses getting a slight HP boost.

The big thing was that war stars would be awarded differently. The TH would no longer be worth a star; instead you get 1 star for destroying 33%, another for 66%, and a third for 100%.

There were a few things with higher max levels at TH10 - dragons, mortars come to mind.

Wall prices after level 8 to be reduced "slightly."

Heroes available for war while being upgraded.

Anti-air defenses getting a slight HP boost.

The big thing was that war stars would be awarded differently. The TH would no longer be worth a star; instead you get 1 star for destroying 33%, another for 66%, and a third for 100%.
Cannons to Lv13

Bringing back the Waterfall from earlier game play

Topless Valks

The FBG1 loss yesterday really bugs me. In the past we would not have tolerated that 14 attacks go unused while rally cries are being posted here and in clan mail. Today, that behavior gets a shrug.

We lost by 11, and there were many opportunities on the board to close that gap.

I don't mind we fail as long as we are trying. Yesterday we had a real mixed bag in terms of effort.

The FBG1 loss yesterday really bugs me. In the past we would not have tolerated that 14 attacks go unused while rally cries are being posted here and in clan mail. Today, that behavior gets a shrug.

We lost by 11, and there were many opportunities on the board to close that gap.

I don't mind we fail as long as we are trying. Yesterday we had a real mixed bag in terms of effort.
yes I agree. I didn't get my second attack in I had a emergency pop up. I had my army ready to go also. I should have gotten my first attack in off the war launch the night before would have made it easier for me

I think yesterday was an anomaly. The way I understood it, we had been prepared to lose. There was no hope. I didnt even check the war all day. At around 4:30 I looked and we were kind of in it. I boosted a dark barracks and my spell factory and got off two uninspired attacks picking up 2 stars. I know the clan mail was sent but its hard to think you are not going to attack and then get something ready real quick. We dont usually have many attacks go unused.

I would say blame Culdy. It was like he called for a pass on 2nd and goal with the best bruising RB sitting on the bench

I think yesterday was an anomaly. The way I understood it, we had been prepared to lose. There was no hope. I didnt even check the war all day. At around 4:30 I looked and we were kind of in it. I boosted a dark barracks and my spell factory and got off two uninspired attacks picking up 2 stars. I know the clan mail was sent but its hard to think you are not going to attack and then get something ready real quick. We dont usually have many attacks go unused.

I would say blame Culdy. It was like he called for a pass on 2nd and goal with the best bruising RB sitting on the bench
Clan mail went out with 5 and a half hours to go. Not sure how much time is really needed.

I had hinted early in the morning that their math was shaky. It got shakier but they had 6 high powered attacks left down the stretch and potted with them. They could have stretched it to 120 if the needed to.

Our TH10 added 14 stars with one unused. Shuke and I added 10. They added 29 from theirs and had 3 unused. That's really the difference right there.

Guilty. I don't usually mail in my second attack, I did this time. Won't do that again.

I did however like the approach we took early.

• Let TH10s take their very best shots first if they want to. Call them.
  • Let TH8 and TH9 without max tanks take shots on the lower bases or anywhere they want until 9am.
  • Se what it looks like at 9am and guide in from there.
For example, that scout I got on 20 gave me the perfect blueprint to 3 star that base. No way I get that 3 star without that scout run, none. If I simply had a scout of the cc on 25 I get 3 there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think yesterday was an anomaly. The way I understood it, we had been prepared to lose. There was no hope. I didnt even check the war all day. At around 4:30 I looked and we were kind of in it. I boosted a dark barracks and my spell factory and got off two uninspired attacks picking up 2 stars. I know the clan mail was sent but its hard to think you are not going to attack and then get something ready real quick. We dont usually have many attacks go unused. I would say blame Culdy. It was like he called for a pass on 2nd and goal with the best bruising RB sitting on the bench
Yeah, the war was advertised as practice from the beginning. You can't make that announcement and then get upset about participation.

• Let TH8 and TH9 without max tanks take shots on the lower bases or anywhere they want until 9am.
For example, that scout I got on 20 gave me the perfect blueprint to 3 star that base. No way I get that 3 star without that scout run, none. If I simply had a scout of the cc on 25 I get 3 there as well.
I agree that having the lower bases go early was a positive. Ideally though we get them in right at the gun so that we aren't scrambling during the end of work hours the following day for the mid levels to call and build for a base.

I agree that having the lower bases go early was a positive. Ideally though we get them in right at the gun so that we aren't scrambling during the end of work hours the following day for the mid levels to call and build for a base.
That was the hardest part for me. I dont really have time to sit there and pick a base that I like. That is why the plus whatever works well for me. Having to scramble to find a base and build an army is a PIA. Luckily Doc was around and told me what base to hit. I admit, its part lazy. But sometimes I do have to take care of real life stuff.

In all practical sense the last 5-6 wars that are real have had

4 TH10 we can't even touch for more than 1

8 TH10 we try for 2 on

2 TH10 we have an outside shot at 3 on

~10 strong TH9

~10 TH9 with strong anti air and rest of it is meh

~10 weak TH9

~10 TH8 and below with 3 max TH8

We have maybe 40 attacks to catch the 3 stars in the bottom 10 bases that can't get 3 on any TH9. That's plenty. In actuality we need to be calling scouts for first attacks and let the bottom 10 work themselves out on the second day. Just need buy-in on this.

I think yesterday was an anomaly. The way I understood it, we had been prepared to lose. There was no hope. I didnt even check the war all day. At around 4:30 I looked and we were kind of in it. I boosted a dark barracks and my spell factory and got off two uninspired attacks picking up 2 stars. I know the clan mail was sent but its hard to think you are not going to attack and then get something ready real quick. We dont usually have many attacks go unused. I would say blame Culdy. It was like he called for a pass on 2nd and goal with the best bruising RB sitting on the bench
Clan mail went out with 5 and a half hours to go. Not sure how much time is really needed.

I had hinted early in the morning that their math was shaky. It got shakier but they had 6 high powered attacks left down the stretch and potted with them. They could have stretched it to 120 if the needed to.

Our TH10 added 14 stars with one unused. Shuke and I added 10. They added 29 from theirs and had 3 unused. That's really the difference right there.
Huh? They had one pot and it was from their 24. We also had 3 unused th10 attacks and they only put up 14 stars on our 11 th10s.

Definitely a winnable war but it happens with the mentality we had going in so understandable in my book.

Red Letter Day in the Bogart household.

Having Wednesday dinner with my kids and my 10 year old boy, who just got his first phone for Christmas, looks up from dinner and says, "I downloaded a new game on my phone. Pretty cool so far. Clash of Clans".

I was so Nerd Dad proud. His base is a total hot mess, and he's doing everything out of order, but I'm so happy. We pretty much talked elixer and barbarians the rest of the meal.

Yeah, the war was advertised as practice from the beginning. You can't make that announcement and then get upset about participation.
The direction was flaky from the beginning, I agree. Point is, the leadership should not be urging folks to get their attacks in, if they aren't committed themselves.

The half-raising of the white flag early on needs to stop. Either we do it or we don't.

Huh? They had one pot and it was from their 24. We also had 3 unused th10 attacks and they only put up 14 stars on our 11 th10s.

Definitely a winnable war but it happens with the mentality we had going in so understandable in my book.
Ok I see the little barb isn't there post war now to indicate unused attack. They had some strong th9 pot late.

A couple things...we basically gave up before it started and as morodor said have to stop that. Other was being told to hold attack until 9 am. Much too difficult for me at least to plan and execute two war attacks in less than 10 hours on a work day.

yes I agree. I didn't get my second attack in I had a emergency pop up. I had my army ready to go also. I should have gotten my first attack in off the war launch the night before would have made it easier for me
I understand RL issues come up, and I don't mean to point fingers at anyone individually. Several could have added stars, no one person is to blame for the loss.

A couple things...we basically gave up before it started and as morodor said have to stop that. Other was being told to hold attack until 9 am. Much too difficult for me at least to plan and execute two war attacks in less than 10 hours on a work day.
I should always state, RL considerations trump all. If you need to attack twice in the first 2 hours of the war to make it work for you irl then by all means do it.

This was nice. You got a bluprint, instinctive 2 starred 16 on a scouting mission, and speedwad 1 starred 13 on a scouting mission. Very nice rewards from throwing scouts out there. Just a matter of getting it all ironed out with RL issues as mentioned earlier.

I'm guilty on this one...held up my half of the bargain on defense but by the time I realized I could help, it was late (work has been a whore lately) and I cooked up drags, couldn't add a star with my first attack, then mailed it in.

I think if we are going to war we have to always go with the mentality that we are going to try and win. Obviously if its a lay down farming clan that's one thing, but in any real war all of us who are capable should be trying to get as many stars as we can.

Would things change if we change the start time of wars
to when?

might give us easier wars if we change also
Well, if we declare in the AM then a lot of us can look at bases after work

The meat of this war happend from 4:30-end of the war

Depending on where you are, you could be working, commuting, dinner

Add a few hours and now you can do all that stuff without the threat of missing.

I dont know, just trying to think of things

So do we know what the savings are for th8/skull walls is going to be?

Im basicaly holding off on th9 in order to finish my walls and want to know if I should hold off on the build out till post release. 500K a pop is expensive at th8.

Im basicaly holding off on th9 in order to finish my walls and want to know if I should hold off on the build out till post release. 500K a pop is expensive at th8.
I think it was a fake

May be worth it for us "random mix of crap" guys to get both attacks in early. I am one of the 11 that only attacked once. I got my first one in and then by the time I came back there was nowhere for me to add stars and higher level guys had already attacked bases (and left stars on the table in many cases) that I would have been able to scout.

2 people failed to attack at all - not using both attacks

IF it happens again they get booted. Simple as that. All knew the deal before joining.

If there is a two down xbow base there is zero reason a TH8 drag rush can't get 1 on it. And this helps immensely when planning the ultimate 3 star via pentaloon or quadhound or whatever. Really these should be our very first attacks at the gun. Let SMN handle the game plan once we see how those shake out and in the case where you do get 2 we can put those bases aside for later.

poke holes

I think it was a fake
Last updates were leaked the same way so it wouldn't surprise me if it is all true.
Not really, the last updates were leaked by apple or android when they got the changelist. someone internal to those orgs leaked it. This time someone just made a fake screenshot.

Users who are viewing this thread