What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (7 Viewers)

So do we know what the savings are for th8/skull walls is going to be?

Im basicaly holding off on th9 in order to finish my walls and want to know if I should hold off on the build out till post release. 500K a pop is expensive at th8.
I think it was a fake
Last updates were leaked the same way so it wouldn't surprise me if it is all true.
Not really, the last updates were leaked by apple or android when they got the changelist. someone internal to those orgs leaked it. This time someone just made a fake screenshot.
I remember seeing the same sort of thing: a screen cap of a post listing everything. But maybe I'm misremembering.

Theory was an admin posted to the wrong forum and quickly deleted it, but maybe someone gained access to a private forum (if this one turns out to be true as well).

If there is a two down xbow base there is zero reason a TH8 drag rush can't get 1 on it. And this helps immensely when planning the ultimate 3 star via pentaloon or quadhound or whatever. Really these should be our very first attacks at the gun. Let SMN handle the game plan once we see how those shake out and in the case where you do get 2 we can put those bases aside for later.

poke holes
I like a lot about this:

• promotes more scouting, in a way that benefits the scout as well as the clan
  • promotes early attacks from our lower ranks, so they don't get boxed out
  • delegation of leadership -- I realize how hard it must be to coordinate 50 folks of varying level. Employ some lieutenants for better coordination / less overload. SMN and doc are two obvious candidates here (assuming they were up for it). They could direct specialized sub-teams. There's probably room for another 1 or 2. Could even rotate if folks find it too burdensome. Just thinking out loud.

I think if we are going to war we have to always go with the mentality that we are going to try and win. Obviously if its a lay down farming clan that's one thing, but in any real war all of us who are capable should be trying to get as many stars as we can.
Couldn't agree more. That has to be our mindset.

Of course if we draw a clan with 22 TH10 and 100+ wins, and it looks completely hopeless, then surrendering early is OK as long as there is no ambiguity about that call.

Short of that, we expect EVERYONE attacks twice, regardless of how much a longshot it might appear.

After their first attacks it was evident that we would hang with them.

All the wars we have lost since I rejoined we have been outplayed TH10 v TH10. This was a war we actually could have still made up the difference, some others we cant.

I am going to go back to one attack at war open, one attack second day to see if that reduces stupid mental errors from rushing.

Yeah, going into this it sure looked hopeless. It's hard to predict that they would have sucked so hard, plus had several in-actives themselves.

If they want to stop farming wars there are easy ways to do it. Make a penalty if you dont get enough stars as a clan.

Maybe it costs to start the war...then you get your "fee" back if you earn 33% of available stars.

If you dont get 50% of available stars, you get ZERO war loot.

This would force farming clans to try to get some stars. It would also force their opponent to get stars so they werent at risk of a star rush at the end to lose.

And if gou dont intend to try (farmers) there is now zero incentive to war and actually a penalty if you do.

Copied one of their war bases and made some heavy changes to make it better anti-hog.

i really hope someone grabs my old war base. It took 12 wars to be 3 starred and it took a TH10 with Max Gowipe and 3 max freeze spells and big heroes to finally wipe me.

I think it's perfect for a middle tier TH9 with skull walls complete. I think purple walls would be too easy to fur coat it to death.

Personal observations from last war:

- I HAVE to get my first attack in the night war starts. Work is preposterously busy these days and I can't count on squeezing an attack in during the day anymore. Any plans that call for delays into the AM will need to exclude me.

- I HAVE to find some strategies that reliably work. I have been terrible lately. I have max TH9 golem/wiz/witch/pekka/hogs but can't seem to find a niche. I'm now researching skulls and may try out some air attacks for the first time, but it's been very frustrating lately.

- One of main issues is I don't know how to read a base. I'm no good at knowing when to use gowipe vs. gowiwi. What bases are better air (unless it's blatantly obvious) vs. ground. When some backside hogs can save the day. The list goes on. Part of it is time. I simply don't have the time, or even the inclination, to study bases, or find a similar one online, or watch videos of attacks, to ever get fluent in this stuff. Very frustrating. As I get higher I should be counted on to attack with some level of expertise but tend to just throw a bunch of troops at a base and hope for the best.

- One of main issues is I don't know how to read a base. I'm no good at knowing when to use gowipe vs. gowiwi. What bases are better air (unless it's blatantly obvious) vs. ground. When some backside hogs can save the day. The list goes on. Part of it is time. I simply don't have the time, or even the inclination, to study bases, or find a similar one online, or watch videos of attacks, to ever get fluent in this stuff. Very frustrating. As I get higher I should be counted on to attack with some level of expertise but tend to just throw a bunch of troops at a base and hope for the best.
:goodposting:

Copied one of their war bases and made some heavy changes to make it better anti-hog.

i really hope someone grabs my old war base. It took 12 wars to be 3 starred and it took a TH10 with Max Gowipe and 3 max freeze spells and big heroes to finally wipe me.

I think it's perfect for a middle tier TH9 with skull walls complete. I think purple walls would be too easy to fur coat it to death.
if its a strong base each clan would benefit if one th9 copied the base

stronger layouts will help us prevent stars

If there is a two down xbow base there is zero reason a TH8 drag rush can't get 1 on it. And this helps immensely when planning the ultimate 3 star via pentaloon or quadhound or whatever. Really these should be our very first attacks at the gun. Let SMN handle the game plan once we see how those shake out and in the case where you do get 2 we can put those bases aside for later.

poke holes
I like a lot about this:

• delegation of leadership -- I realize how hard it must be to coordinate 50 folks of varying level. Employ some lieutenants for better coordination / less overload. SMN and doc are two obvious candidates here (assuming they were up for it). They could direct specialized sub-teams. There's probably room for another 1 or 2. Could even rotate if folks find it too burdensome. Just thinking out loud.
Just FYI i dont think they've fixed the x-bow targeting bug yet. Just be aware in case you assume down x-bows but get air x-bows.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/484070-X-bow-bug

poke holes
I like a lot about this:

Just FYI i dont think they've fixed the x-bow targeting bug yet. Just be aware in case you assume down x-bows but get air x-bows.

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/484070-X-bow-bug
I can confirm this isn't fixed. I was attacked by dragons 2 days ago. I had one xbow down and one up, both shot at the dragons.

<p>

poke holes
I like a lot about this:

I'd be happy to try to help air raids in this situation. The first week of the month would be the only time I can't but besides that I have plenty of time at work to pop in to help.

Personal observations from last war:

- I HAVE to get my first attack in the night war starts. Work is preposterously busy these days and I can't count on squeezing an attack in during the day anymore. Any plans that call for delays into the AM will need to exclude me.

- I HAVE to find some strategies that reliably work. I have been terrible lately. I have max TH9 golem/wiz/witch/pekka/hogs but can't seem to find a niche. I'm now researching skulls and may try out some air attacks for the first time, but it's been very frustrating lately.

I assume you're a TH9 attacking other TH9's in war and going for 2 stars(going for 3 stars will take much more precision and very specific armies to deal with specific bases). If this is not the case ignore my post.

when to use gowipe vs. gowiwi
With gowipe the threats are teslas on your PEKKAs. With gowiwi the threats are wiz towers/mortars vs your witches and skeletons. So depending on the base layout see which of these defensive buildings are harder to deal with. If you see splash def buildings near the edges, making them easier to deal with, go with gowiwi. If the splash are more central and harder to get to, lean gowipe.

When some backside hogs can save the day.
I would say use backside hogs if defensive buildings are packed tightly together (in bunches of 3 or more). Once the mid and or side defenses are distracted by your main forces sending a pack of few hogs (3-4) can take out backside defensives where you don't see giant bomb openings. These types of bases are best suited to hog backside.

Also spell choice is important as well. Heals work better with PEKKAs and Golems since witches and skeletons are very squishy and often die to 1-2 shots. Also heals work better when trying to go for a 3 star, keeping golems and your other tanks alive while your damage stays in the back and cleans up is a huge help.

TH9 Basic base attack ID guide

· Does the base have spots for double bombs in the core?

o Yes – Move on

o No – Does it have either a lurable queen or clan castle?

o No – Move on

o Yes – Hogs with 4+ heals and a kill squad.

· Does the base have two down Xbows

o No – Move on

o Yes – Does >3 of Anti air have coverage from queen and two other anti air?

o Yes – Move on

o No – LaLoon. 4 or more hounds

· Is the base widely spaced with 2 or more towers out of range of AA?

o No - Move on

o Yes - GoWiWi with 8 loons. Or, GiWiWi with 8 loons.

· Is the base tightly spaced with anti air all deeply buried in core?

o No – Move on

o Yes – GoHoWiz with 8 loons.

· Is the base severely underleveled and disorganized

o Yes – Mass drag backed with a hound and 3 zap 1 heal/rage

· If none of the above really apply and you can't figure out what to do:

o Look at it as a hog base with a scouting run first, otherwise use 4+ hounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
someone should copy #6 base this last war
I am in need of a new base, haven't constructed a TH10 yet. Will copy this one.
also if fudd is leaving; not sure if he is staying. but his base held up pretty well
Actually if the rumors are true, a lot of us will be redesigning our bases. Perhaps I should hold off for now. I took a screenshot of the one you mentioned, so I'll have it later.

^ probably not the best place to broadcast what's needed in cc. I mean we are playing Minnesota and there's a Minnesota minor league hockey thread on page 1. They are amongst us.

someone should copy #6 base this last war
I am in need of a new base, haven't constructed a TH10 yet. Will copy this one.
also if fudd is leaving; not sure if he is staying. but his base held up pretty well
Actually if the rumors are true, a lot of us will be redesigning our bases. Perhaps I should hold off for now. I took a screenshot of the one you mentioned, so I'll have it later.
pretty sure most if not all of what was 'leaked' is bs

gemmed my lab.

Was thinking about going barbs first since that should help with raiding.
Different opinions on this. I was dying to get skulls, so, I went with them first. It fits my at-work raiding style the best and gave a huge boost to my DE raiding. They are also a very useful war troop. My .02.

:goodposting:
I think that is a lot of the problems we all are having. The game requires you to spend time learning new techniques and base identification as you move up in the ranks. If you don't, you get left in the dust. The clan I run is just getting to the point where dragon rushes no longer work and we are struggling mightily because you become so dependent on release and forget it. As you advance in the game it's very difficult to continue that mindset.

I'll never forget the attack doc launched about a month ago where he planned and used damn near every troop in the arsenal and pulled 2 stars. It was the most intricate beautiful attack I've seen and he got 2 stars. I don't have that capability in my wheelhouse either nor do I have the time to properly learn base identification which I truly believe is the key to mastering TH9 & 10. I still try but like you I'm frustrated a lot.

Using my flowchart as a case study

14 - hogs

15 - hogs

16 - Broke the flowchart - this is a 4+Hound.

17 - Same as 16

18 - 4+Hound

19 - Gowiwi backside

20 - Hogs but argument for 4+Hound could be made

21 - Broke flowchart - Might consider 4+ Hound

22 - Hound

23 - hound

24 - hogs - making assumption no doubles near th

25 - hound

26 - Hogs - obvious double bombs are obvious

27 - hogs

28 - hogs

29 - hounds

30 - hogs

31 - hogs

32 - gowiwi

33 - gowiwi

34 - hounds

35 - hounds

36 - troll base

37 - hounds

38 - hounds

39 - marginal hogs

40 - hounds

41 - hounds

TH8 starts below here

thx culdeus. Now once you declare our strategy for this war I'll use your little gameplan to build my army.

Using my flowchart as a case study

14 - hogs

15 - hogs

16 - Broke the flowchart - this is a 4+Hound.

17 - Same as 16

18 - 4+Hound

19 - Gowiwi backside

20 - Hogs but argument for 4+Hound could be made

21 - Broke flowchart - Might consider 4+ Hound

22 - Hound

23 - hound

24 - hogs - making assumption no doubles near th

25 - hound

26 - Hogs - obvious double bombs are obvious

27 - hogs

28 - hogs

29 - hounds

30 - hogs

31 - hogs

32 - gowiwi

33 - gowiwi

34 - hounds

35 - hounds

36 - troll base

37 - hounds

38 - hounds

39 - marginal hogs

40 - hounds

41 - hounds

TH8 starts below here
Just looked at all of the TH8's. Pretty much all maxed. The only two that are even remotely susceptible to another TH8 drag rush are 49 and 50.

Most of us TH8's will be much more valuable as scouts in this one. TH9's are probably going to have to dip down and take care of 42-48 for us.

It takes less DE and time to take queen from 1 to 5 than it does to take it from 19 to 20. If you come into TH9 with enough DE to instantly start Level 2 you only have to actually raid about 45k DE to get the needed DE to get her to 5 in a week.

It takes less DE and time to take queen from 1 to 5 than it does to take it from 19 to 20. If you come into TH9 with enough DE to instantly start Level 2 you only have to actually raid about 45k DE to get the needed DE to get her to 5 in a week.
I came into TH9 with enough DE to get Levels 1,2 and pretty much 3. 4 and 5 were pretty easy to get to after. I would be at 6 by now, but builders are builders (slow as sin). So they are busy now. Gonna wait on AQ6 to get Witches2 after my Furs finish.

I know a guy who got th9 a ~ week ago. His AQ is lvl 5...no gems
But does this make me a "SuperFarmer"... I don't know... maybe?
You make you a superfarmer ;)
If I'm a Superfarmer, can I change the name... something more tasteful like LootLover or something?
Oprah the way you were giving away resources last week
You know it... Giving back to the community and all. I steal enough, why not give some back? What's 700,000 in resources between friends?https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sklep.zagrajsam.pl%2F145-381-large%2Fmaly-super-farmer.jpg&f=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Letter Day in the Bogart household.

Having Wednesday dinner with my kids and my 10 year old boy, who just got his first phone for Christmas, looks up from dinner and says, "I downloaded a new game on my phone. Pretty cool so far. Clash of Clans".

I was so Nerd Dad proud. His base is a total hot mess, and he's doing everything out of order, but I'm so happy. We pretty much talked elixer and barbarians the rest of the meal.
Too bad he can't join your clan, lol.

For people that raid in Masters - what do you go with? Lavaloon? GoWipes? Fur coats? I'm not sure if I should hang out here or dive back down to gold.

For FBGs.

I think we are vastly outmatched in this war. But, I think we are starting to understand how to wipe out TH9s. All of them.

Let's go into this with the idea that 1-28 focus on +13 for 3 stars up to 9am tomorrow. This covers their TH9s well.

If you need a scout, help figuring the base out, or a swap then negotiate that in chat.

Second attacks will concentrate on TH10, cleaning all TH9 to 3, and the TH8s. No real reason to get in a hurry on their TH8. Focus on the 9s first.

Having Wednesday dinner with my kids and my 10 year old boy, who just got his first phone for Christmas, looks up from dinner and says, "I downloaded a new game on my phone. Pretty cool so far. Clash of Clans".

I was so Nerd Dad proud. His base is a total hot mess, and he's doing everything out of order, but I'm so happy. We pretty much talked elixer and barbarians the rest of the meal.
:doh: D'oh!

:lmao:

Lol

For people that raid in Masters - what do you go with? Lavaloon? GoWipes? Fur coats? I'm not sure if I should hang out here or dive back down to gold.
I'm currently doing Lavaloon. I was doing Gowipe but it took too long, not really efficient for farming since it takes 3+ hours to replenish my spells. Also it is hard for me to save up elixir using GoWipe since I use all my spells in those attacks. Lavaloon I can get away with 3 or less spells most of the time so it's easier on the elixir.

Users who are viewing this thread