What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

I'm not gonna lie. I don't think my th9 war base can be 3 starred on the ground with anything less than level 60 heroes.

Every one of our clans should have it at least once.
Custom job?
I took moredoor's walls and forced them to have sex with a reddit trooper base then moved the towers around to make it hell for an air raid.

It will someday fall to a pent hound, but those are rare.

So far it's held up against 3 different TH10 max gowoppy and a TH10 hog. Nobody has really even gotten close to a 3 star. Best is a ~70% 2. I think one of the beauties of it is that it is a soft 2 star so all the gowoppy only guys just salivate over it and think they can like always just luck into 3 maybe.
This was your war base from the Fallen Saviors war or have you changed it up since?
Yes, they hit me 3 times hard and didn't get it. I move stuff around after every war but nothing too major. Walls are still the same but I'm only building lava walls now so it's a bit stronger.
That base is a major GoWiPe problem because of the walls moreso than the layout IMO (not that there's anything wrong with the layout). If I were attacking I would bring two jump spells and some backside hogs or loons but any base with that many Legos is going to be really really tough for any ground attack.

Sent the new plan.

• TH10 with heroes (or at least the queen) hit +3 or swap bases.
  • TH9 with max Hounds/Hogs sit tight unless real life or other reasons call for a different approach
  • TH10 with no queen, TH8/9 without hound/hogs hit any 0 star base for the most stars they can get first come first serve.
Will see where this leaves us in the morning. If it's bloody we go for max xp, if not we go for the miracle

I'm not gonna lie. I don't think my th9 war base can be 3 starred on the ground with anything less than level 60 heroes.

Every one of our clans should have it at least once.
Custom job?
I took moredoor's walls and forced them to have sex with a reddit trooper base then moved the towers around to make it hell for an air raid.

It will someday fall to a pent hound, but those are rare.

So far it's held up against 3 different TH10 max gowoppy and a TH10 hog. Nobody has really even gotten close to a 3 star. Best is a ~70% 2. I think one of the beauties of it is that it is a soft 2 star so all the gowoppy only guys just salivate over it and think they can like always just luck into 3 maybe.
This was your war base from the Fallen Saviors war or have you changed it up since?
Yes, they hit me 3 times hard and didn't get it. I move stuff around after every war but nothing too major. Walls are still the same but I'm only building lava walls now so it's a bit stronger.
That base is a major GoWiPe problem because of the walls moreso than the layout IMO (not that there's anything wrong with the layout). If I were attacking I would bring two jump spells and some backside hogs or loons but any base with that many Legos is going to be really really tough for any ground attack.
Yeah, i get that

not building any towers for 3 months led me to

21 lavas, should be 23 by end of the day

189 legos

40 skulls

I need a break. Is FBG4 still allowing folks to hang out without warring? Would like to stay in a clan but really need to opt out for a while.

Also, not digging the growing numbers of randoms in the FBG1 clan.

I need a break. Is FBG4 still allowing folks to hang out without warring? Would like to stay in a clan but really need to opt out for a while.

Also, not digging the growing numbers of randoms in the FBG1 clan.
Yep. 10 open spots.
After this war wraps up, I'll likely jump over.The question is who I give the reins to. Culdeus?
I'm not a big fan of randoms either. It's a looooong March to level5 with or without them. may need to issue a fatwah. Problem is the 50 person wars are our best shot of catching people flat footed.

We have no clear plan to get to 50. I may wander off as well.

I'm sure this has been thought of already, but there have got to be 50 player war clans full of TH4s that are racking up easy war xp and are on the fast track to a level 4+ badge right?

I mean, the game doesn't give fewer clan XP to lower TH levels right?

I'm sure this has been thought of already, but there have got to be 50 player war clans full of TH4s that are racking up easy war xp and are on the fast track to a level 4+ badge right?

Honda has discussed having ten bringing his 10 th4 over for this exact purpose.

It's fine, Fbgs can stay randomnless and decrease in size. I'll start looking for another clan.
Yeah this. By my count there's only five legit randoms in there now and the rest of the new faces are friends of fbgs. Sure some randoms are annoying but doc hasn't been giving them a very long leash either. For long term health randoms are a necessity. Some will suck but you'll also find some good ones as well.

it's pretty obvious the low th level clans are going to rake it in. Like I said th8 are really the ideal member.

it's pretty obvious the low th level clans are going to rake it in. Like I said th8 are really the ideal member.
Honda has 18+ so that is where the party is at. Whoomp there it is.

An ideal clan for the L5 push imo would have

10 th10

5 fake th10 (offense only th10. Max th9D)

5 max th9

10 th9 developing offense

20 th8 and lower of any description

This would shatter the geometric mean and be unstoppable

It's fine, Fbgs can stay randomnless and decrease in size. I'll start looking for another clan.
Yeah this. By my count there's only five legit randoms in there now and the rest of the new faces are friends of fbgs. Sure some randoms are annoying but doc hasn't been giving them a very long leash either. For long term health randoms are a necessity. Some will suck but you'll also find some good ones as well.
I certainly get it. But I like the fact that most of the clan is also on this message board. Probably because I play on my phone and don't like to use the chat all that often.

I know we long ago crossed the bridge of letting in people from off this board, but it seems to be increasing. Just not my thing.

Plus I know the goal of most is to war at 50. Given that, I should probably hide out somewhere else and just opt out for a while.

An ideal clan for the L5 push imo would have

10 th10

5 max th9

Why not just have 1 TH9 (for war donations) and 49 minimum THs? As long as the account owners are all experienced players, that would be the easiest road to a lvl10 clan. Once they get there, they can just swap out the low TH's for main accounts to reap the benefits. :nerd:

An ideal clan for the L5 push imo would have10 th10

5 max th9

Why not just have 1 TH9 (for war donations) and 49 minimum THs? As long as the account owners are all experienced players, that would be the easiest road to a lvl10 clan. Once they get there, they can just swap out the low TH's for main accounts to reap the benefits. :nerd:
You wouldn't get a match. There aren't that many low clans like that. Some reddit guys pooled their one cannons and didn't get a match for 2 and a half days and gave up.

I just don't get the rush to level X clan. We will get there at some point. Just keep going as normal.
This is where I am at. I don't like chasing the right composition to get the easy matchups. Not interested in gaming the system.

Having said that, if we had a clan full of rushed TH10s w/ TH5 level troops, I probably wouldn't care for that either. But I've never been a fan of the one cannon accounts and any of the other tricks to get advantageous matchups.

Did I miss more drama? Acer leaving, a founding father sick of randoms, 2 other high ranking officials saying that they may look for another group? Whats the deal?

Why are randoms necessary for long term health? Seems to me it is having the opposite effect.

Did I miss more drama? Acer leaving, a founding father sick of randoms, 2 other high ranking officials saying that they may look for another group? Whats the deal?
I dont want to post this but I will

I left to go to Honda to see gaspumpers healer attack. It was only when I got there that Rascal reminded me that I have an alt account already in Honda

I cant find fbgs when I do a search for it. I saw it once as a member of Quatro but when I left it wasnt there anymore.

:bag:

I just don't get the rush to level X clan. We will get there at some point. Just keep going as normal.
:goodposting:

Different stroke for different folks and all that - everyone is entitled to enjoy the game as they see fit (it is a game afterall).

Some times goals line up and some times they don't. If folks still want to push towards lvl 5 (without or without randoms), they'll stick around, otherwise folks will move elsewhere.

At the end of the day, I'm sure all just want to have fun and be entertained, no?

No drama. Mine is mostly tied to the fact that work and life is crushing me. For a clan that takes war so seriously, I can't give the wars any time and my attacks suck as a result.

The random thing just adds to it a bit, but not enough to chase me on its own. I only commented because I noticed that we have about 8 people that I have no idea who they are. With the new clan advancements system, we now have a philosophical divide. Some want to race to max level and think the path to there is by warring at 50 and getting the right mix. I belong to the group that just wants to keep the core group and war at less than 50 if need be. I don't think the difference in experience is appreciable.

Why are randoms necessary for long term health? Seems to me it is having the opposite effect.
We slowly drop to 45 then 40 then 35 from normal burnout and then all at once the folks that want to roll in a 50 person clan look elsewhere. I'd be one of those at that point. Not that I need 50 v 50 but dwindling down to 35 would make me want to jump. Not sure how many like me there are but I find the bigger wars more entertaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the new clan advancements system, we now have a philosophical divide. Some want to race to max level and think the path to there is by warring at 50 and getting the right mix. I belong to the group that just wants to keep the core group and war at less than 50 if need be. I don't think the difference in experience is appreciable.
You are not alone.

I would suggest the divide started even before the clan xp system.

I'll ask this in chat but is there any reason not to just constantly roll war till we get to level 5? The 1 level up on donated troops is such a monster. The rest of the stuff is a nice perk but that one single upgrade is so OP that we should get it asap imo.
as long as it doesnt lead to bickering over guys not picking up enough xp

We are in a good spot now. We dont need to push, push, push

That is what Moroder was talking about.

Keep rolling and we will get there when we get there

ETA: IMO

I dont want to post this but I willI left to go to Honda to see gaspumpers healer attack. It was only when I got there that Rascal reminded me that I have an alt account already in Honda

I cant find fbgs when I do a search for it. I saw it once as a member of Quatro but when I left it wasnt there anymore.

:bag:
Ships open. I'll shoot you an invite if you can't find it but can't invite while part of another clan.

For me with randoms I could give two ####s if we let in TH8 randoms. TH8 are great, they don't hurt and they might help. If they 3 star a th8, awesome, if they don't fine, we will get it if we have to with a bigger attack no sweat. The more TH8 we have the easier the planning is late because the other clan will have more th8. I'd much rather have 20 TH8 and get rid of shuke than where were a few weeks back with like 5 TH8 and shuke and just get curb stomped. Have I mentioned how much I love TH8s for war?

90% of players just war raid with gowipe when they get to th9. It's all they know and it's understandable. It's safe, it's usually 2 stars and everyone gives you a golf clap. We let in th9 randoms with a #### gowipe it makes my "job" harder. Now we have someone that can be 3 starred that has nearly no hope of getting a 3 star back. It puts us a star down on a decent clan every single time.

I know we have 2 or 3 guys in fbgs that just know gowipe, it's fine. sometimes we need the safe 2 late to just wrap things up. 2 or 3 is all we need.

We will always need big th10 beef, but we have plenty of beef and our beef is getting even beefier and a lot better. No need to get more of it unless bob comes back.

I don't really care about Level5 either, it's one of those things that is inevitable and the speed at which isn't really all that dependent on performance even, just participation (mainly).

I like wars alot, I can only really manage one or two really intense wars a week before seeing myself burn out.

We slowly drop to 45 then 40 then 35 from normal burnout and then all at once the folks that want to roll in a 50 person clan look elsewhere. I'd be one of those at that point. Not that I need 50 v 50 but dwindling down to 35 would make me want to jump. Not sure how many like me there are but I find the bigger wars more entertaining.
This. I've been gaming for a long time, mainly Warcraft in it's hay day. Burnout always happens. We were down to 30 man wars at one point recently. That simply isn't enjoyable. You simply have to keep recruiting to maintain activity. People love quick donations. That doesn't happen with dwindling numbers and it puts a greater strain on everyone. No one likes to be the one responsible for donating all the time.

For this being a social game, people sure are antisocial. Oh and the majority of ransoms are friends of cla mates for the most part. If a random sucks, we boot him. I don't see the problem. People are only random until you get to know them.

Different stroke for different folks and all that - everyone is entitled to enjoy the game as they see fit (it is a game afterall).

Some times goals line up and some times they don't. If folks still want to push towards lvl 5 (without or without randoms), they'll stick around, otherwise folks will move elsewhere.

At the end of the day, I'm sure all just want to have fun and be entertained, no?
Thats why I'm here. :confused:

I like the competitive spirit. I like the, often funny, conversations. I like that its always active so when I need to kill some time there is almost always something going on in chat. Sure, I like to improve and win as much as anyone (even though some of my attacks beg to differ!). It was cool that we recently snapped out of our losing streak, I don't see why we'd let a new perk system lead to dissolving the group.

For what it's worth; my question about XP/level pushing was theoretical. I have no interest (nor ability) to contribute to a rush up levels. culdeus addressed that theory and said it wasn't practical since it's impossible to find a war match. I'm happy with that response, and knowing that the system won't likely be easily exploited as I imagined.

Thats why I'm here. :confused:

I like the competitive spirit. I like the, often funny, conversations. I like that its always active so when I need to kill some time there is almost always something going on in chat. Sure, I like to improve and win as much as anyone (even though some of my attacks beg to differ!). It was cool that we recently snapped out of our losing streak, I don't see why we'd let a new perk system lead to dissolving the group.
I don't think it's the perk system. We couldn't scrape together 50 before the perk system either. I just don't think there are 50 people that have the time/energy to war here at the level it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread