What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

It's fine, Fbgs can stay randomnless and decrease in size. I'll start looking for another clan.
Yeah this. By my count there's only five legit randoms in there now and the rest of the new faces are friends of fbgs. Sure some randoms are annoying but doc hasn't been giving them a very long leash either. For long term health randoms are a necessity. Some will suck but you'll also find some good ones as well.
Why are randoms necessary for long term health? Seems to me it is having the opposite effect.
We slowly drop to 45 then 40 then 35 from normal burnout and then all at once the folks that want to roll in a 50 person clan look elsewhere. I'd be one of those at that point. Not that I need 50 v 50 but dwindling down to 35 would make me want to jump. Not sure how many like me there are but I find the bigger wars more entertaining.
This. I've been gaming for a long time, mainly Warcraft in it's hay day. Burnout always happens. We were down to 30 man wars at one point recently. That simply isn't enjoyable.You simply have to keep recruiting to maintain activity. People love quick donations. That doesn't happen with dwindling numbers and it puts a greater strain on everyone. No one likes to be the one responsible for donating all the time.

For this being a social game, people sure are antisocial. Oh and the majority of ransoms are friends of cla mates for the most part. If a random sucks, we boot him. I don't see the problem. People are only random until you get to know them.
This topic seems to piss you off. Not sure I get why.

And I don't think it's anti-social to not want to pull in randoms. You want anti-social, go play some Boom Beach. The team feature in that game sucks.

But when I go to the bar with friends, I don't want to hang out with the other dudes in the bar, just my friends. And yes, I get that it doesn't make any real sense why I'm ok hanging out with the group of guys from this board that I don't actually know but not that thrilled with hanging out with the random dudes in clash that I don't actually know.

Just my two cents. Not saying anything needs to change or trying to create drama. I'm in the middle of the pack in base strength and in the bottom half of participation so I'm not trying to drive the ship here. Just may be time for a change for me.

It's fine, Fbgs can stay randomnless and decrease in size. I'll start looking for another clan.
Yeah this. By my count there's only five legit randoms in there now and the rest of the new faces are friends of fbgs. Sure some randoms are annoying but doc hasn't been giving them a very long leash either. For long term health randoms are a necessity. Some will suck but you'll also find some good ones as well.
Why are randoms necessary for long term health? Seems to me it is having the opposite effect.
We slowly drop to 45 then 40 then 35 from normal burnout and then all at once the folks that want to roll in a 50 person clan look elsewhere. I'd be one of those at that point. Not that I need 50 v 50 but dwindling down to 35 would make me want to jump. Not sure how many like me there are but I find the bigger wars more entertaining.
This. I've been gaming for a long time, mainly Warcraft in it's hay day. Burnout always happens. We were down to 30 man wars at one point recently. That simply isn't enjoyable.You simply have to keep recruiting to maintain activity. People love quick donations. That doesn't happen with dwindling numbers and it puts a greater strain on everyone. No one likes to be the one responsible for donating all the time.

For this being a social game, people sure are antisocial. Oh and the majority of ransoms are friends of cla mates for the most part. If a random sucks, we boot him. I don't see the problem. People are only random until you get to know them.

And I don't think it's anti-social to not want to pull in randoms. You want anti-social, go play some Boom Beach. The team feature in that game sucks.

But when I go to the bar with friends, I don't want to hang out with the other dudes in the bar, just my friends. And yes, I get that it doesn't make any real sense why I'm ok hanging out with the group of guys from this board that I don't actually know but not that thrilled with hanging out with the random dudes in clash that I don't actually know.

Just my two cents. Not saying anything needs to change or trying to create drama. I'm in the middle of the pack in base strength and in the bottom half of participation so I'm not trying to drive the ship here. Just may be time for a change for me.
Doesn't piss me off at all, nor do I see what I posted that makes you infer that.

That said, clearly my views differ from yours. You seem content to see the clan dwindle in size, I am not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the FBGs clan is supposed to be a 50 man serious war clan? Isn't It?

Quattro is a pretty happening spot. Pretty much constantly warring. Zero drama. Everyones free to opt in or out as they please.Donations are pretty good. All are welcome. Even if you want to upgrade your x-bows. :coffee:
Lol! You just can't let that go can ya? :lmao:

There's a lot wrong with this post.

30 man wars are certainly enjoyable, when warring with your buddies. That said, we have never dwindled to 30. Maybe we did one war at 35.

You don't need to recruit to maintain activity. We've been very active without the randoms. To suggest otherwise is simply false. We haven't had an attrition problem. We will have one though as the FBG contingent gets diluted.

I don't think any of us have had a problem with friends of FBGs. I don't think it's too much to ask that they log in here though. The randoms simply do not, even when asked.

Am I the only one that laughs when bucky mentions anything about donations? Gets me everytime. Sporting a solid 1:6 ratio in this young season.

We need max golems in Quattro!!!!!!

Am I the only one that laughs when bucky mentions anything about donations? Gets me everytime. Sporting a solid 1:6 ratio in this young season.

When TH10 Max Level Troops (Gregs/Myk) donations dry up and/or go away the clan will fold/scatter.

I've seen it happen to so many clans before coming to fbgs.

Fbgs gets a bad rap. There is no other clan that donates top to bottom anywhere close. Every one of our four clans is great. We have some strong type A personalities which leads to some of the "drama"

Its all good. Maybe ill start two more accounts to have one in each clan

I think it comes down to player movement. In the past, everyone wanted to move over to fbg1 when a spot opened up. Or at least there were enough players in the other clans to feed it as spots opened up.

But now that demand just isn't there anymore. Probably because the other clans are more established now, or because they offer a lower level of play, or whatever. I don't know.

Personally, I'd like to see us set up more of a feeder system where we can better organize ourselves between our clans, and organize movement between them. Want a break? Great! Go here. Hero down but still want to war? Go there. You suck and need more practice? Go there. But that might be wishful thinking.

Fbgs gets a bad rap. There is no other clan that donates top to bottom anywhere close. Every one of our four clans is great. We have some strong type A personalities which leads to some of the "drama"

Its all good. Maybe ill start two more accounts to have one in each clan
Agreed....loved my time in Quattro when we used to bounce around looking for wars. Even got to borrow a base from Mr. Cliff. But yeah....this type of stuff should be expected with so much interaction but I do feel a lot closer friendship to some fbgers now than before.

I think it comes down to player movement. In the past, everyone wanted to move over to fbg1 when a spot opened up. Or at least there were enough players in the other clans to feed it as spots opened up.

But now that demand just isn't there anymore. Probably because the other clans are more established now, or because they offer a lower level of play, or whatever. I don't know.

Personally, I'd like to see us set up more of a feeder system where we can better organize ourselves between our clans, and organize movement between them. Want a break? Great! Go here. Hero down but still want to war? Go there. You suck and need more practice? Go there. But that might be wishful thinking.
This is my issue in a nutshell. If we can't keep fbgs at 50 consistently, and make that a priority for all the clans in the system over their own goals then I'd rather go somewhere that did or downgrade my role, alot. sub 50 person wars with the mix we have in fbgs has minimal appeal. Too stressful, too much work for little payoff, and will eventually and already has started to burn me out.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the FBGs clan is supposed to be a 50 man serious war clan? Isn't It?
It's supposed to be a FBG clan. Yeah we would also like to be competitive in war. And we are.
it is supposed to be an fbg clan and it'd be great if we had 50 fbgs but I also think that gets overstated a bit. I mean when you asked about what to do with this war a whole 5 people (including yourself) chimed in. It'd be grest if we had more opinions but it is what it is. The no posting is 100% fine by me (and it seems i only do it when culdeus gets me riled up for the most part) but it makes the no randoms thing weird to me.

This is my issue in a nutshell. If we can't keep fbgs at 50 consistently, and make that a priority for all the clans in the system over their own goals then I'd rather go somewhere that did or downgrade my role, alot. sub 50 person wars with the mix we have in fbgs has minimal appeal. Too stressful, too much work for little payoff, and will eventually and already has started to burn me out.
I can tell you with 100% confidence that being feeders for FBG1 is not something in which the other clans are interested.

Pretty much spot on my thoughts.

FBG1 should be Super Serious / Not Burnt Out / Strategery Minded / Non stop war nuts wiping out opponents left and right with strong defensive bases as well

Quattro should be the feeder, take a break, opt in/opt out...relax...get lots of donations. People will flow back and forth accordingly.

However, this goes out the window with Quatttro doing so well (plus I love the people)

Right now each clan as a mix of Intense and Hands off/bad attackers/bad defenses.

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

FBG1 should be Super Serious / Not Burnt Out / Strategery Minded / Non stop war nuts wiping out opponents left and right with strong defensive bases as well

Quattro should be the feeder, take a break, opt in/opt out...relax...get lots of donations. People will flow back and forth accordingly.

However, this goes out the window with Quatttro doing so well (plus I love the people)

Right now each clan as a mix of Intense and Hands off/bad attackers/bad defenses.

IMO
I like this as an idea too, but no way FBGs stays anywhere near 50 then.

IMO
I should add that I don't think FBGs should force the issue to get to 50 either. I can see not wanting to stray towards 30, but IMO I didn't see much difference in 40 vs 50 members, especially if most are very active.

IMO
I should add that I don't think FBGs should force the issue to get to 50 either. I can see not wanting to stray towards 30, but IMO I didn't see much difference in 40 vs 50 members, especially if most are very active.
I see a monster difference. I would bet our win rate even taking out the farming wars at 50 is at least .250 higher at any other level. The single worst place to be is at 45. We went at 45 this time for real life reasons because our 50 person war took forever to match.

If you can't stay at 50 need to cut down to somewhere in the 30-35 range.

This would work if we only had one clan at this time. After several months, the members of each of our clans now feel a real sense of ownership, so no one is going to change their mission statement at this time - barring big time attrition, of course.

I totally buy this and surprised it took this long.

Doesn't piss me off at all, nor do I see what I posted that makes you infer that.

That said, clearly my views differ from yours. You seem content to see the clan dwindle in size, I am not. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the FBGs clan is supposed to be a 50 man serious war clan? Isn't It?
At a point in time, FBG1 was a 50 man clan, all members either fbgs or at max one level removed, and frequent wars.

Not all three of those can be true anymore. You're in favor of maintaining the 50 and relaxing the fbg rule. I'm in favor of letting the numbers get smaller and keeping the fbg rule. Two ways of looking at it.

No biggie. I've turned into a more casual player. You're perhaps the most hardcore player we've ever had in the clan (with only peak two-account Greg competing for that title). It's no surprise that we have different perspectives on it.

Ig wants no randoms and I get that.

doc wants good randoms, but you can't assume they are any good if they have max troops.

I want no random north of th8, period, or ideally none at all and backfill with any th8 from other fbg clans that have only a passing interest in war.

this about cover it?

doc wants good randoms, but you can't assume they are any good if they have max troops.

I want no random north of th8, period, or ideally none at all and backfill with any th8 from other fbg clans that have only a passing interest in war.

this about cover it?
I want to be part of whatever clan Clayton Gray is. You forgot that. I got his back Jack

this about cover it?
I want to be part of whatever clan Clayton Gray is. You forgot that. I got his back Jack
And I have CG's back by way of having JNox's back, Jack.

this about cover it?
Missed my boner requirement.

I was hoping we'd make it to be a clan with half the members having 40+ total hero levels. Sure sounding like we never get there. Bummer.

We'll get to L5 when we get there. This isn't rocket surgery.
:goodposting:

I donated like 7,000 troops last period (albeiet probably 2,000 was to my alt and my brother). I'm getting by okay without the refunds. Moving to three wars per week was sensible in the new system, but I'm happy to do that and get there when we get there.

Honda is lvl 3!
I called this when the XP system came out. Honda has just the right balance of clan make-up and knowing-what-they-are-doing to accumulate the fastest XP IMO.
Honda is lvl 3!
I called this when the XP system came out. Honda has just the right balance of clan make-up and knowing-what-they-are-doing to accumulate the fastest XP IMO.
No question. Probably will hit 5 faster than fbgs.

Wars since started

size xp W/L

50 230 W

45 220 W

45 122 L

40 210 W

45 165 L

45 165 L

45 200 W

45 220 W

50 176 L

-----------------------

189 average 85xp per day

at 85xp per day we hit it in 58 days. May 15th 2015.

Level 10 will hit at this rate April 3rd 2016

Huh? We have guys that opt-out during war. They said to post on the boards to remind them to pop in and make donations for wars. So sit the #### down.
You're right. It's way more ironic that you get on Culdeus's case for telling you what to upgrade when you have crowd sourced every single decision you've ever made with your base.

Users who are viewing this thread