What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Start hiding 2nd accounts.

And fbgs had no business winning that last war. We were sloppy and got lucky. Other clan has to be pissed.

Reading the war log forwards from when #### got real.

21 Zane adds 1 on their 35 with gowoppy

33 zzang defends 29

4 sml adds 2 on 13 TH9 with gowoppy

5 cj adds 2 to make 3 on 32 with gowoppy backside loons

33 zzang defends 39

22 fails to add 1 on 31 with laloon

6 Fudd gets 2 on their 4 with a clutch gowoppy

25 joe gets 1 more to make 2 on 21 with laloon

29 odin fails to add on 31 with air raid

36 witz defends vs 44

9 jrk falls to 2 to their 2 with a luckbox gowoppy

Then #### gets really real

36 witz defends their 22

8 white defends their 17

36 witz defends 25

1 aiden defends 1

6 fudd defends 6

12 tam defends 12

8 white adds one on 31 with a furryhog thing

Win 93 91

horrid strategy on their part. So cocky swinging big like that.

I do on a 5.5" phone.

But I like to screencast it on my TV and do my own play-by-play, alternating between a redneck Jake voice and bored Australian Hulk voice as I stumble across the finish line with a 62% 1-star.

33 zzang defends 29

33 zzang defends 39

36 witz defends vs 44

36 witz defends their 22

8 white defends their 17

36 witz defends 25

1 aiden defends 1

6 fudd defends 6

12 tam defends 12

Win 93 91

Nice.

It's probably because I told Witz what you told me to tell him. :bowtie:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got sort of an odd match this time.

33 zzang defends 29

33 zzang defends 39

36 witz defends vs 44

36 witz defends their 22

8 white defends their 17

36 witz defends 25

1 aiden defends 1

6 fudd defends 6

12 tam defends 12

Win 93 91

Nice.

It's probably because I told Witz what you told me to tell him. :bowtie:
ok, where did I post that lol

Considering for this war

1-10 +5

11-35 +10

36-45 ffa

Leaves a gap from 16 to 20 for second attacks or the ffa team to hit on a scout.

These guys post their war log

This is their first real 45 war. At 40 they had max xp wars of 90 and 94 meaning they are leaving roughly 12 TH9 stars on the table. That's solid but not enough to make me poop my pants or anything.

If you didn't see my post in the chat only 2 of their th10s have max hounds. And only the top 2 have big heros. I think we are in fine shape.

Just have to execute better than last two wars

Honda is facing a clan that doesn't even have hounds and only one base has the witch and another one has max loons. On the upside, six of them have Level 1 golems, and three have Level 5+ queens.

I almost feel sorry for these guys.

Random question- who in all the FBG clans has ithe most number of successful defenses in normal attacks. I've been playing this game for almost 2 years. 643 defenses. The unbreakable achievement gets you 100 gems when you reach 5,000.

At my estimated rate of 1 defense per day, I'll get that achievement in approximately December.

Of 2026.

If im still playing this game in December of 2026, please.... Put me out of my misery.

TH9 at 380 - 15 months old

TH8 at 289 - about 11 months old

TH8 at 235 - about 10 months old

I keep each of the town halls in a corner, so I'm pretty shocked to have that many.

PatsWillWin said:
And again, overall, I don't think anyone is arguing that GoWiPe's are a good idea against upper TH9's. I only posted it because it was just ironic to see a three-star GoWiPe (i.e. a unicorn) after we were debating it's viability in wars. It is a second-class attack that is best used for clean-up when it becomes clear that a 2 starr outcome is helpful to the war effort, especially when it's cleaning up one of my 0-star holes from a failed lavaloon. This is less applicable in FBGs, which we understand, I'm just not sure that culd understands the inverse, lol.
For my part I was just trying to get opinions on the best type of TH9 - TH9 attack when I don't yet have lava hounds (or skulls) and lavaloon isn't an option.

Bogart said:
For those in The Boog (like 6 of you), I've got to leave for a bit. I'll leave Leader with a couple others to help with those that are coming in and out.
buttworms is dead fyi

PatsWillWin said:
And again, overall, I don't think anyone is arguing that GoWiPe's are a good idea against upper TH9's. I only posted it because it was just ironic to see a three-star GoWiPe (i.e. a unicorn) after we were debating it's viability in wars. It is a second-class attack that is best used for clean-up when it becomes clear that a 2 starr outcome is helpful to the war effort, especially when it's cleaning up one of my 0-star holes from a failed lavaloon. This is less applicable in FBGs, which we understand, I'm just not sure that culd understands the inverse, lol.
For my part I was just trying to get opinions on the best type of TH9 - TH9 attack when I don't yet have lava hounds (or skulls) and lavaloon isn't an option.
If in this phase just stay with th8.

4 spells and a bigger cc helps

Clayton Gray said:
PatsWillWin said:
Clayton Gray said:
Anyone else TH9+ do their attacks on a phone?
Most of them.
Do you notice any difference in success rate with the phone compared to a bigger screen?
ipad is much easier to use for single targeting buildings, more of a crapshoot on the iphone 5

also easier to kamikaze loon the CC on the ipad

A few special assignments that deviate the system in their max TH9:

Doc freelances top 5

Jrk freelances anywhere

14 Starts max TH9 land above is TH10

14 Was jrk now culdeus

15 Was Doc now culdeus

16 now Zubyar

17 now Zubyar

18 now jason

19 now jason

20 SMN on 2nd

21 was culdeus now sham on 2nd

24 was Zubyar now tam on 2nd

25 and below are not maxed TH9 and just go to assignment.

Please don't discuss why these were handed out like this. I'm pretty sure they are reading. It should be obvious what the rationale is. If unclear ask in chat.

I am going to need a scout for 14. I can get shuke to scout if I have to. It's a dead copy of a troopers base so just need to find the big bombs and teslas and it should be an easy 3.

One thing I noticed in the red line war is the cc pulls often were a fur+skull fur+hog combo. This helps get inside the ring and actually have your stuff live to do something useful like kill a few towers.

Been checking out a new (at least to me) CC lure/kill which I will attempt this war. Involves having golem + heros take out opposing AQ, AD and CC . . .

Pull CC with random piece of bait (skull or furry or hog)

Lure to where you want to begin attack with a handful of Archers.

Soon as opposing CC is near deploy Golem.

Opposing CC will begin to chase after Golem.

Immediately drop BK and AQ.

BK will instantly target CC chasing/firing after Golem

AQ backs up Golem/BK and takes out surounding area including AD

No KS required. Can put a Hound in CC freeing up more room for Skulls in regular army composition.

Videos make it look easy - what could possibly go wrong?

Been checking out a new (at least to me) CC lure/kill which I will attempt this war. Involves having golem + heros take out opposing AQ, AD and CC . . .

No KS required. Can put a Hound in CC freeing up more room for Skulls in regular army composition.

ive tried this once and it didn't work well .. mainly because my AQ wasn't strong enough. I see a lot of onehive and maxed out th10's do this tactic then proceed to loonsmash the rest of the base

ive tried this once and it didn't work well .. mainly because my AQ wasn't strong enough. I see a lot of onehive and maxed out th10's do this tactic then proceed to loonsmash the rest of the base
Yep - this is the first step. Afer this it's a Lavaloon + rage on the 3 remaining AD's.

What surprised me the most was how instantly the BK locked onto the opposing CC chasing the Golem - ignoring other structures/defenses.

I think with your hero's you will still need some back up troops. I carry 3 wiz 1 witch and 2 wbs to employ this. I don't like burning troops on the lure so just use golem and then zap CC troops and have the crew to clean up.

But you will need backup to get deep enough for an air defense unless your hero's are both 30+ I think

I tried this once in Quattro and it got me my first wartime 3-star on a TH10. The AQ and CC and AD were all in close proximity though.

And of course it means your heroes must be awake.

ETA: I was at BK20/AQ25

You guys in fbgs ok with me waiting to attack until tomorrow? Queen is having a pleasant dream right now and id hate to disturb her....coc name: jordan.

Users who are viewing this thread