What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

Witz.

First drops were good. Loons went where you needed but clumped up. Problem was it was spread so the archers got spread and you had nearly 10 left when you zapped, maybe more.

Main issue was you had no plan for the deep queen. Run that same approach but from the queen side and she dies from splash damage or pups maybe. plus she would have taken some zaps.

Didn't get king/queen involved in any meaningful way. At minimum they could have taken out the 4 oclock pair of AT/WT or the 7 oclock pair. TBH I would have led with a team to go get those guys at 5 oclock and let that team pull the cc then send hounds at the two AA at 6 and 3. and most of the loons flanking and behind the hounds.

hth, good try.

Witz.

First drops were good. Loons went where you needed but clumped up. Problem was it was spread so the archers got spread and you had nearly 10 left when you zapped, maybe more.

Main issue was you had no plan for the deep queen. Run that same approach but from the queen side and she dies from splash damage or pups maybe. plus she would have taken some zaps.

Didn't get king/queen involved in any meaningful way. At minimum they could have taken out the 4 oclock pair of AT/WT or the 7 oclock pair. TBH I would have led with a team to go get those guys at 5 oclock and let that team pull the cc then send hounds at the two AA at 6 and 3. and most of the loons flanking and behind the hounds.

hth, good try.
Thanks for the feedback Culd. I appreciate it. You're absolutely right in that I didn't plan for the queen and my own heroes were used as an afterthought. Have started to use my own hounds when raiding to get more experience so hopefully the attacks will get better as time progresses.

It'd be cool if one of the updates let us use our heroes in war whilst being upgraded. Would save some of us some gems and hassle. Might suggest it to Supercell one of these days.

It'd be cool if one of the updates let us use our heroes in war whilst being upgraded. Would save some of us some gems and hassle. Might suggest it to Supercell one of these days.
this counteracts their entire business plan. Just saying

I'm not entirely sure I've even checked for a revenge attack this year.
Best way to trophy climb.
The user has an active shield

I'm not entirely sure I've even checked for a revenge attack this year.
Best way to trophy climb.

Yup. But about 1/3 of the time I go through my list I pick up an easy 40+ trophies though off some ambitious TH8. Takes less than a minute to check.

A couple pretty useless updates. How about fixing the gawd damn revenge attacks?
What is wrong with revenge
The interface/selection.

-open screen

-visit base to see if worth revenging

-return home

-open screen

-try revenge

-active shield / user online

-Rinse repeat 50 times.

I don't even bother with it anymore. Such an annoying waste of time. If they simply put an icon showing a whether they had a shield/online or not would be great.

A couple pretty useless updates. How about fixing the gawd damn revenge attacks?
The interface/selection.

-open screen

-return home

-open screen

-try revenge

-Rinse repeat 50 times.

I don't even bother with it anymore. Such an annoying waste of time. If they simply put an icon showing a whether they had a shield/online or not would be great.
:goodposting: Gave up on this timewaster last year

100 War Win Update

Us

68 on 54 attacks

12 3 stars (17 highest)

13 top 20 attacks remaining

Clean to 37

Over 20 soft stars left

Them

75 on 56 attacks

7 3 stars (20 highest)

10 top 20 attacks remaining

Clean to 37

7 soft stars left to get
updated

Last edited by a moderator:
Shammy just pasted their 24 for 3. Huge, Huge, Huge 3 right there. We miss that and things would have started to get a little dicey.

What do we need culd, I might be able to snipe 1 on 16 coming from the south, could swing once at Joe's target since he won't be on until late (#30), or whatever. Just need to raid/start build soon

What do we need culd, I might be able to snipe 1 on 16 coming from the south, could swing once at Joe's target since he won't be on until late (#30), or whatever. Just need to raid/start build soon
Zub has 16. I think at this point look at 18 for 2.

Short of that even with your hog level a HGH might work on 36 from like 10 oclock. Pour in giants right there it gets cc and queen and an aa down. healers and then hogs at the two flanking aa. sort of see how I did mine. You would use more giants than hogs than I did but concept is same.

Also look at 27 may be the easiest one on the board

My skulls will finish upgrading tonight. If I build lvl5 loons now, will those in camp automatically change to skulls when upgrade is complete?

27 here's how I would HGH it

Obvious spring traps before the AT. Start with both heroes down right at 6. drop a healer behind them. They start wrecking stuff. toss a few wiz behind them.

Then, one giant for each of the little tunnels let them hit the spring then follow with 8 more. soon as the AA are down drop the other two healers and let them work up to the furs.

As soon as the cc and queen are popped and dead release hogs where they go get the other AA. Heal the hogs with spells.

Something like

CC Superfurs (6) + 11 own furs (55)

15 hogs (75)

3 healers (whatever)

rest wizards

3h1z just to deal with the stupid archers but could do rage i guess

I know your stuff isn't maxed out or anything but honestly i think this is a 3 star solution even with what you got.

The interface/selection.

-open screen

-return home

-open screen

-try revenge

-Rinse repeat 50 times.

You're making it more difficult than it is. Don't visit the base to scout first. Just start clicking through the bases to revenge. If you can revenge them but they aren't worth your time, back out and you'll be at the same spot in the list as you left off.

The interface/selection.

-open screen

-return home

-open screen

-try revenge

-Rinse repeat 50 times.

You're making it more difficult than it is. Don't visit the base to scout first. Just start clicking through the bases to revenge. If you can revenge them but they aren't worth your time, back out and you'll be at the same spot in the list as you left off.
That breaks your shield. Does it also mean you cannot revenge that person? That would really suck.

ok... need a check on who has what? In game chat is very fluid right now and it looks like odin is on 27?

We need to start getting these on the books or something is gonna get stolen and then drama will follow.

The interface/selection.-open screen

-return home

-open screen

-try revenge

-Rinse repeat 50 times.

That breaks your shield. Does it also mean you cannot revenge that person? That would really suck.
Just check your revenges right before you are about to raid and break your shield anyway. (That is, if you want to trophy push- if I was just farming I wouldn't bother checking at all)

The interface/selection.

-open screen

-return home

-open screen

-try revenge

-Rinse repeat 50 times.

Yes it breaks your shield. When I used to go through the list more, if I couldn't find a revenge I'd go out to the general population and get an attack in. No, it will not use up your ability to revenge them.

It's certainly not perfect, but you can get through the list easier than how you are doing it now if you don't worry about breaking shield.

ok... need a check on who has what? In game chat is very fluid right now and it looks like odin is on 27?

We need to start getting these on the books or something is gonna get stolen and then drama will follow.
IMO any base that starts with the number 2 or 3 is always going to be a hound base no matter what. Remember TH9 defenses are "###" anyways so a quadzilla will take out a TH9. It's the stuff in the TH10 range that can tend to be more exotic.

Build a quad, take a shot, stay for the 100 win afterparty.

Ah, so that's the name of this base? Clover leaf? I never research specific designs but I have considered looking for shortcuts on this one. This style is spreading all over M2, I've never noticed another with such prevalence, it seems maybe 20% of the protected TH bases are using some form of this nowadays.

Typically I pass over them because placement of the defenses appear problematic for looning (hard to keep loons from bunching). Culdeus, are you aware of any recipe that doesn't require a ton of witches to tackle this base in normal raiding? (50% and the DE being the goal)

My AQ wakes soon and I'll probably start practicing some ground game again. I imagine a ground attack would be more successful on these.

Yes it breaks your shield. When I used to go through the list more, if I couldn't find a revenge I'd go out to the general population and get an attack in. No, it will not use up your ability to revenge them.

It's certainly not perfect, but you can get through the list easier than how you are doing it now if you don't worry about breaking shield.
Still too tedious and not worth it unless you're pushing trophies. A simple icon would fix it :shrug:

Need solutions on these two bases por favor

TH10 their #1, best we have is my stuff. My TH9 troops are close to max except golem/pekka.

TH9 their #2, we have a couple of 8.5's that could probably take a run at it.

TIA

Very quick first glance ideas

31 - jumpy golaloon at 7 oclock wiz tower

30 - break 10 oclock wall jump to the cannon 2 golem laloon attack

29 - Zappy Pent Hound

28 - normal jumpy golaloon from 5

27 - standard quad nothing tricky

26 - quad but lead from north at first

25 - pent

18 - just gowipe this SOB

Ah, so that's the name of this base? Clover leaf? I never research specific designs but I have considered looking for shortcuts on this one. This style is spreading all over M2, I've never noticed another with such prevalence, it seems maybe 20% of the protected TH bases are using some form of this nowadays.

Typically I pass over them because placement of the defenses appear problematic for looning (hard to keep loons from bunching). Culdeus, are you aware of any recipe that doesn't require a ton of witches to tackle this base in normal raiding? (50% and the DE being the goal)

My AQ wakes soon and I'll probably start practicing some ground game again. I imagine a ground attack would be more successful on these.
How much are you willing to invest? I've hit these bases with valks before. With loons I just try to carve out two sides and let heroes come in the corner. Usually is an easy 50 hard 2 star that way, but an automatic bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread