What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (2 Viewers)

Acer call your shot... 22 or 23...

22 we have a 3 star plan for... Replays from last war are wiped out but can point to to 3 star vids

Last edited by a moderator:
Reddit is thinking the clan wars not backing out will stop sandboxing for at least a week or two until xmod figures out the next exploit.

Can't wait for the next turtles war update to see a big loss :popcorn:

Reddit is thinking the clan wars not backing out will stop sandboxing for at least a week or two until xmod figures out the next exploit.

Can't wait for the next turtles war update to see a big loss :popcorn:
They are wrong.

What this stops is that if you were quick enough and had a wifi/3g switch you could hit attack, switch off comms, then attack. You got roughly 45 seconds to do whatever you want without it counting.

This puts an end to that. It won't stop sandboxing which basically is a system that takes a snapshot of the base and lets you run a practice attack on it.

It might stop client side from getting the traps, but I'll believe it when I see this confirmed. I do believe there is no way to stop this practice on Ios no matter what. You might stop them from getting the traps and teslas but at the end of the day they can run an attack at least versus what you can see on the scout screen.

Some first thoughts at a glance here.

• Crushing blow to TH6/7/8 Mass drags. Yes, it only points one way but base designs will adjust. You will see sweeper covering 2 AA and 2 WT one direction and then every other air defense guarding the backside, including air bombs. Mass drags are over in those TH levels as soon as people figure out what to do with this thing.
  • Major blow to 100% air raids at TH9/10, but not crushing. TH9/10 have alot more ground to cover so you can just adjust your trajectory somewhat and still be ok. This is more an impact to farming raids. I don't normally carry golems and wiz for farming, but may have to.
  • War matchmaking will now be adjusted in our (FBGS) favor even more. Heroes and walls needed to be counted more anyways and our heros are ### anyways. This will stop us from getting matched with clans with lots of TH10s with max heroes for awhile.
  • Farming at high levels will be more difficult for th9/10 and opposite will be true for 7/8. Dead bases will not be as findable for lower TH.
  • I am coming after Greg at 500. I will find you.

Someone in the thread on reddit posted they were facing a clan that was sandboxing and after the update there have been massive fails. Maybe they will update later

Someone in the thread on reddit posted they were facing a clan that was sandboxing and after the update there have been massive fails. Maybe they will update later
I've dug way into this. I seriously don't think they can kill it altogether. It's bulletproof on IOS. Apple will not let you query client side apps as a 3rd party or run a host checker. It's just a matter of time before they re-code the mods to fix this. On android/blue they can nuke it because android does allow some host checking under certain conditions.

Maybe

Air Sweeper only points one direction so you just have to attack from the other side :shrug:
I'm pointing mine to the inside of the base not out. :shrug: I would rather push stuff into the base quicker.
Will it actually push the balloons and make them faster? It's not clear from the description that it would actually work that way.
It would. Watch the youtube video showing the gameplay.. it really pushes the troops caught in the blast quickly.

ETA: http://supr.cl/AirSweeper
Good lord. Im out. Like Cliff said, it forces every attack to the opposite direction

I'm not sure how to set this thing for th9/10 but my early gut feel is you point it away from the queen and towards wiz towers.

I'm not sure how to set this thing for th9/10 but my early gut feel is you point it away from the queen and towards wiz towers.
Im trying to figure out why you want to blow things towards your defense. They get there quicker. Whole point is to make them get there as slow as possible

Im trying to figure out why you want to blow things towards your defense. They get there quicker. Whole point is to make them get there as slow as possible
If they make it to the fart machine backside it's dead already. It won't blow anything to defenses faster.

I've dug way into this. I seriously don't think they can kill it altogether. It's bulletproof on IOS. Apple will not let you query client side apps as a 3rd party or run a host checker. It's just a matter of time before they re-code the mods to fix this. On android/blue they can nuke it because android does allow some host checking under certain conditions.

Maybe
As long as SC keeps the trap/tesla/CC contents hidden until you initiate a war attack, and then lock the attacker into that attack, it will at least give the sandboxers a little bit of a hit.

But if there is a hole in the client/server communication somewhere, the modders will find it, unfortunately.

I don't think they like people three starring bases with two troop types.

Golaloon is still viable. Just go get the stupid sweeper and queen.

They put then too far apart one has to be on the edge anyways so it's an easy base

Honda is probably pooping it's pants though. Monster monster hit to th8 drags
The cool kids in Honda are hogging these days.

Here are the early notes

TH8 design your bases like /\ put AD close as possible to the farter and wiz towers in front of aa. put AA and wt behind the farter and have all archer towers protecting the uncovered AA/WT and all bombs protecting the farter. Place high HP buldings like storages just on the edge of the blower range. Th placement is less important as you are now an impossible 3 star from air anyways and just need to deal with hogs.

TH9/10 placement seems to be focused on protecting a deep queen from pups and loon splash. protect the back of the farter with strong aa and bombs and the queen, if not taken out by a kill squad, will ruin your air raid.

They put then too far apart one has to be on the edge anyways so it's an easy base

And the rest of us are ready for a crash course :D

Honda TH8+s, you might consider hogs as your next upgrade. TH8s to 4, TH9s to 5. It's not a bad idea regardless of this fart machine defense.

And the rest of us are ready for a crash course :D

Honda TH8+s, you might consider hogs as your next upgrade. TH8s to 4, TH9s to 5. It's not a bad idea regardless of this fart box defense.
Rock on! Level 4 hogs are great against most TH8s.

The raiding matchups have been pretty awesome so far. A couple days ago I dropped from 1600-1700 trophy range to 1200-1300 because I was getting plowed far too often by TH9/10. Nexting through ridiculous amounts of TH6/7 with zero loot was painful. This morning, I've barched 7 times, barely hit next, and have about 1.5/1.5/3.

Just so everyone is aware....

The range you see when you are adjusting where it aims is only the potential strike zone. ie if an air unit flies into that 120degree range then the cannon turns towards it and fire a much smaller wave at it. The wave will not cover the entire 120 degrees at the same time. The wave is maybe 50-60 degree arc.

The range you see when you are adjusting where it aims is only the potential strike zone. ie if an air unit flies into that 120degree range then the cannon turns towards it and fire a much smaller wave at it. The wave will not cover the entire 120 degrees at the same time. The wave is maybe 50-60 degree arc.
Yes, it it stays locked on that same initial unit unless it gets blown out of its range. So it is probably going to be possible to exploit the thing a bit with some planning.

Of course after playing this game every day for almost a year and a half, on the day I decide to take a break, a new update drops.

FU Supercell....FU.

Air Sweeper only points one direction so you just have to attack from the other side :shrug:
I'm pointing mine to the inside of the base not out. :shrug: I would rather push stuff into the base quicker.
Will it actually push the balloons and make them faster? It's not clear from the description that it would actually work that way.
It would. Watch the youtube video showing the gameplay.. it really pushes the troops caught in the blast quickly.

That will have little to no effect on drags. Just attack from the other 90% of the base.
I totally disagree. In Quattro we already have more than our fair share of TH8 drag rush fails because guys deploy their dragons from terrible angles. Precious to this last war, our lower TH9s have been dropping down and taking out a large chunk of their top TH8s because our TH8s had no shot. Even then we had quite a few TH8 drag rush fails.

A good Th8 war base already limited drag rush deployments to 1 or 2 good spots. The fart machine could eliminate that completely.

Yes, it it stays locked on that same initial unit unless it gets blown out of its range. So it is probably going to be possible to exploit the thing a bit with some planning.
Looks like hounds target it like an AD. Some combo of minions/hound/loons/drag is probably the best bet. If you can get a couple of minions to grab the fart machine's attention and then hit it with the hound from another angle, that should do it.

One other small consideration is that it's also one more building you have to kill. It's not super rare that war attacks come down to the last second. Adding another building makes it that much more time consuming to wipe a base.

That will have little to no effect on drags. Just attack from the other 90% of the base.
I totally disagree. In Quattro we already have more than our fair share of TH8 drag rush fails because guys deploy their dragons from terrible angles. Precious to this last war, our lower TH9s have been dropping down and taking out a large chunk of their top TH8s because our TH8s had no shot. Even then we had quite a few TH8 drag rush fails.

A good Th8 war base already limited drag rush deployments to 1 or 2 good spots. The fart machine could eliminate that completely.
But the update also fixed when ####### drags go halfway across the map to kill a CC troop so that will certainly help.

The last war had about 5 max TH8. Unless it is a terrible base design, TH8 drags will not be able to take it so TH9s dropping down to hit is necessary.

TH8s being forced to learn other attacks that aren't mass dragons would make this a great patch. If it works out like that.

Right now some of our TH8s just declare that they can't attack a tough anti-air base and a TH9 will have to take it

In a limited sample size, the raiding targets have been better for me in G2 as a TH10...but I've also had two "real" attacks on me over that time, which is about the same number I had against me over the previous week.

If TH7/TH8's are not going to finding TH9/TH10's as much and popping the TH for a shield, you're going to be exposed longer for potential real attacks.

TH8s being forced to learn other attacks that aren't mass dragons would make this a great patch. If it works out like that.

Right now some of our TH8s just declare that they can't attack a tough anti-air base and a TH9 will have to take it
I'm wondering about SameAsDay's/my brother's viability as pure TH7 dragon rushers. We'll have to see. I'm not interested in progressing that account, so it may get retired if TH7 dragon rushes go the way of the GoWiPe.

Oh and just a thing to watch out for, I just ran a raid attack with a couple of golems. The opposing BK picked them up and was sacking on one of my golems. I had archers and my AQ really close to the BK, but they kept just targeting buildings. Obviously this is related to the change where attackers aren't going to follow troops around the map was much - but depending on the range, this could be a major change. Think of how CC troops are used to suck in GoWoppy's, etc.

In a limited sample size, the raiding targets have been better for me in G2 as a TH10...but I've also had two "real" attacks on me over that time, which is about the same number I had against me over the previous week.

If TH7/TH8's are not going to finding TH9/TH10's as much and popping the TH for a shield, you're going to be exposed longer for potential real attacks.
Which makes trophies more valuable. In masters 2 I will take a snipe 99% of the time (taking 120k/120k/700) and move on to nexting again.

I found a base yesterday that broke my rule which had 5k loot able DE so I sniped and attacked but that is very rare

Oh and just a thing to watch out for, I just ran a raid attack with a couple of golems. The opposing BK picked them up and was sacking on one of my golems. I had archers and my AQ really close to the BK, but they kept just targeting buildings. Obviously this is related to the change where attackers aren't going to follow troops around the map was much - but depending on the range, this could be a major change. Think of how CC troops are used to suck in GoWoppy's, etc.
And AQ assassination... if that is tweaked, watch out!

None of us have anything viable to attack with other than drags. It takes a bad base for L4 hogs to work. None of us have Pekkas upgraded so we could throw out a weak Goxxxx for 2* but if we're doing that, may as well just spam drags for the 2 and then wait until later in war when a TH9 has to come clean it up anyway. :shrug:

I wonder if counting walls/heros will change intra clan rankings as well. I'm our 25, but have better walls than most around me, I hope I don't get pushed up. Might as well just upgrade Xbows at that point.

Sorry if this came out jerky. I was all dragons all the time at TH8 because I was told that was the way.

But now there's all kinds of videos online of TH8s doing GoHos, HoLos, GoHoLos, GiHeHos, etc. I would just really like to see guys to start expanding their repertoires sooner rather than later.

And AQ assassination... if that is tweaked, watch out!
Explain your thoughts here. Maybe our BK won't target the opposing AQ like a heatseeking missile?

That would suck.

I'm wondering about SameAsDay's/my brother's viability as pure TH7 dragon rushers. We'll have to see. I'm not interested in progressing that account, so it may get retired if TH7 dragon rushes go the way of the GoWiPe.
At TH7, you're only facing two air defenses. Lightning the one that's in front of the sweeper and then attack from the other side. Should still be a 3-star 100% of the time.

None of us have anything viable to attack with other than drags. It takes a bad base for L4 hogs to work. None of us have Pekkas upgraded so we could throw out a weak Goxxxx for 2* but if we're doing that, may as well just spam drags for the 2 and then wait until later in war when a TH9 has to come clean it up anyway. :shrug:
I think hogs are more viable than you think. The key is to make sure you have L4 hogs and take L5 hogs in your CC. With only one potential set of double giant bombs, the danger to hogs is much less. Also no AQ to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread