What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (3 Viewers)

Oh and just a thing to watch out for, I just ran a raid attack with a couple of golems. The opposing BK picked them up and was sacking on one of my golems. I had archers and my AQ really close to the BK, but they kept just targeting buildings. Obviously this is related to the change where attackers aren't going to follow troops around the map was much - but depending on the range, this could be a major change. Think of how CC troops are used to suck in GoWoppy's, etc.
And AQ assassination... if that is tweaked, watch out!
Explain your thoughts here. Maybe our BK won't target the opposing AQ like a heatseeking missile?

That would suck.
Oof. If that's true, that's going to be rough.

Oh and just a thing to watch out for, I just ran a raid attack with a couple of golems. The opposing BK picked them up and was sacking on one of my golems. I had archers and my AQ really close to the BK, but they kept just targeting buildings. Obviously this is related to the change where attackers aren't going to follow troops around the map was much - but depending on the range, this could be a major change. Think of how CC troops are used to suck in GoWoppy's, etc.
And AQ assassination... if that is tweaked, watch out!
Explain your thoughts here. Maybe our BK won't target the opposing AQ like a heatseeking missile?

That would suck.
Exactly. Something to keep an eye on.

TH8s being forced to learn other attacks that aren't mass dragons would make this a great patch. If it works out like that.

Right now some of our TH8s just declare that they can't attack a tough anti-air base and a TH9 will have to take it
Sorry if this came out jerky. I was all dragons all the time at TH8 because I was told that was the way.

But now there's all kinds of videos online of TH8s doing GoHos, HoLos, GoHoLos, GiHeHos, etc. I would just really like to see guys to start expanding their repertoires sooner rather than later.
This is a really good idea just as prep for moving to TH9. Especially hog based attacks which are going to be one of your best options at both TH8 and TH9.

TH8s being forced to learn other attacks that aren't mass dragons would make this a great patch. If it works out like that.

Right now some of our TH8s just declare that they can't attack a tough anti-air base and a TH9 will have to take it
I'm wondering about SameAsDay's/my brother's viability as pure TH7 dragon rushers. We'll have to see. I'm not interested in progressing that account, so it may get retired if TH7 dragon rushes go the way of the GoWiPe.
At TH7, you're only facing two air defenses. Lightning the one that's in front of the sweeper and then attack from the other side. Should still be a 3-star 100% of the time.
Yep, TH7 drags are still viable, but that extra AD at TH8 is going to be rough

I'm wondering about SameAsDay's/my brother's viability as pure TH7 dragon rushers. We'll have to see. I'm not interested in progressing that account, so it may get retired if TH7 dragon rushes go the way of the GoWiPe.
At TH7, you're only facing two air defenses. Lightning the one that's in front of the sweeper and then attack from the other side. Should still be a 3-star 100% of the time.
Not sure, but I think he was talking about his ability to attack up and get snipes.

None of us have anything viable to attack with other than drags. It takes a bad base for L4 hogs to work. None of us have Pekkas upgraded so we could throw out a weak Goxxxx for 2* but if we're doing that, may as well just spam drags for the 2 and then wait until later in war when a TH9 has to come clean it up anyway. :shrug:
I'm going to be brutally honest here. Most TH8s suck at hog attacks - they can't read bases for traps and can't predict hog pathing because they've spent all of their TH7 and TH8 wars using dragons. It has to be specifically anti-hog for you to not have a good shot at the 3-star with Level 4 hogs. Get your hogs to that level and start using them. And actually, Level 3 hogs can take out bad, low-level TH8s.

A basic build for hogging is 6 barbs, 1 giant, 6 wizards, and 28 hogs. This gives you 25 more spots, which can be varied depending upon the base. If you know there is a dragon in the clan castle, pack another giant or two - so the dragon can lock on to the giant while it gets killed by your wizards. If there are tons of spring locations, maybe you want 5 more hogs. You might need more barbarians to get through trash buildings where you want to lure. Whatever. The more you hog, the more you'll know what troops are needed.

Your clan castle should contain 2 witches and a barb. Combine this with your barbs and a few of your wizards, and you have the perfect kill squad for anything other than a dragon - against which I would use a giant and wizards and mentioned above. If you launch your hogs from the same corner as where you lured their cc troops, your kill squad turns into a cleanup squad.

Once their cc troops are gone, you only have to worry about giant bombs taking out your hogs, but if you have heal spells dropped on giant bomb locations, a single one will not destroy your attack. Obviously, the double giant bomb hits will wipe your hogs out, so you need to cope with those. Either detonate one of them at a time, avoid the area altogether, or expose the bombs with a small amount of hogs.

As with anything, hogging takes practice to get decent at it. Once you are competent, Level 3 hogs can wipe out any TH7 and most TH8s with low level defenses, and Level 4 hogs can destroy any TH8 that isn't an anti-hog design.

My base is now close to Max 9 and at first glance this should ruin my Balloonion fun, but most people are going to invest more in walls with the added sense of security from the air.

http://imgur.com/brZXANX Lvl 6 elixir upgrades back?

Sorry if this came out jerky. I was all dragons all the time at TH8 because I was told that was the way.

But now there's all kinds of videos online of TH8s doing GoHos, HoLos, GoHoLos, GiHeHos, etc. I would just really like to see guys to start expanding their repertoires sooner rather than later.
This is a really good idea just as prep for moving to TH9. Especially hog based attacks which are going to be one of your best options at both TH8 and TH9.
My clan just made a decision to split between those of us with L4/L5 hogs and everyone else. We have been heavily dependent on dragons at the th7/th8 level, much to our detriment because the anti-air th8 bases have ate our lunch. The clan is casual at best with a few of us that are serious so it's been frustrating beating our heads against the wall. This new defense is going to force our lazy dragon rushers to develop a new attack strategy. We'll see how it goes.

None of us have anything viable to attack with other than drags. It takes a bad base for L4 hogs to work. None of us have Pekkas upgraded so we could throw out a weak Goxxxx for 2* but if we're doing that, may as well just spam drags for the 2 and then wait until later in war when a TH9 has to come clean it up anyway. :shrug:
I'm going to be brutally honest here. Most TH8s suck at hog attacks - they can't read bases for traps and can't predict hog pathing because they've spent all of their TH7 and TH8 wars using dragons. It has to be specifically anti-hog for you to not have a good shot at the 3-star with Level 4 hogs. Get your hogs to that level and start using them. And actually, Level 3 hogs can take out bad, low-level TH8s.

A basic build for hogging is 6 barbs, 1 giant, 6 wizards, and 28 hogs. This gives you 25 more spots, which can be varied depending upon the base. If you know there is a dragon in the clan castle, pack another giant or two - so the dragon can lock on to the giant while it gets killed by your wizards. If there are tons of spring locations, maybe you want 5 more hogs. You might need more barbarians to get through trash buildings where you want to lure. Whatever. The more you hog, the more you'll know what troops are needed.

Your clan castle should contain 2 witches and a barb. Combine this with your barbs and a few of your wizards, and you have the perfect kill squad for anything other than a dragon - against which I would use a giant and wizards and mentioned above. If you launch your hogs from the same corner as where you lured their cc troops, your kill squad turns into a cleanup squad.

Once their cc troops are gone, you only have to worry about giant bombs taking out your hogs, but if you have heal spells dropped on giant bomb locations, a single one will not destroy your attack. Obviously, the double giant bomb hits will wipe your hogs out, so you need to cope with those. Either detonate one of them at a time, avoid the area altogether, or expose the bombs with a small amount of hogs.

As with anything, hogging takes practice to get decent at it. Once you are competent, Level 3 hogs can wipe out any TH7 and most TH8s with low level defenses, and Level 4 hogs can destroy any TH8 that isn't an anti-hog design.
Honesty is great :thumbup:

I'm all for getting away from drags. They are boring and frustrating as hell.

Quattro> Expect a lot fails for the next few weeks from me. No more drags. EVER (except for sniping). :hifive:

Last edited by a moderator:

Quattro> Expect a lot fails for the next few weeks from me. No more drags. EVER (except for sniping). :hifive:
The end of TH8 is a long dark road full of misery and 2* attacks (unless you find a groove with hogs). Like boot camp before getting in to TH9, which has been a blast so far.

Besides, you learn the most from the lumps.. I earned the least stars but learned the most about the game at late TH8. I liked the guise of "practice" wars in Honda, kept the discouragement from failing so much at bay.

If the queen suck radius for killing her is really shortened then that might end the game for me. At that point you really have no viable 3 star strats which are reliable. This hurts golaloon as well as gohog as well as hgh. Alot. All of them rely at least in small part on getting the queen and cc dead in the first push, those that didn't were air spam attacks that had varying levels of finesse to them on good bases or just straight air spam on bad bases. Now the farter will make that harder.

:hifive:

When you're starting out hogging, go after the TH8s with lower-level archer towers and cannons. If there are a few of them hitting one of your hogs, he won't last long even in a heal spell. Mortars and wizard towers are a lesser worry if you are healing.

And definitely look at bases that have been attacked already but weren't 3-starred. You'll often see tesla locations and bomb locations. Even if the first attack is a dragon attack, the bombs aren't exposed, but there will only be six - or fewer - 2x2 openings, and the three teslas pop up. Obviously, the other three spots are bombs.

Which reminds me - here's a HUGE point - there are two great places to drop heal spells: 1. where you know a giant bomb is, and 2. where your hogs are going. The first point is obvious, but the second one escapes people. If you're looking at your pack of hogs and notice they need to be healed, don't drop your heal spell where they are - and make sure the spell covers as many standing structures as possible. Instead, drop it where they are going - hopefully to a group of defenses so they can be in the heal spell while they knock down 4-6 buildings. Do that with all three heals, and you are golden.

If the queen suck radius for killing her is really shortened then that might end the game for me. At that point you really have no viable 3 star strats which are reliable. This hurts golaloon as well as gohog as well as hgh. Alot. All of them rely at least in small part on getting the queen and cc dead in the first push, those that didn't were air spam attacks that had varying levels of finesse to them on good bases or just straight air spam on bad bases. Now the farter will make that harder.
Relax. It has the corresponding effect of improving our defense as well.

Who cares? I don't give a #### about defense. I want to be able to design and execute an attack that makes me famous. If I just spam a ####ty gowipe at a base and get 2 stars that's boring and I'll go play something else.

The appeal here is that this is the closest thing I've ever found to a modern version of command and conquer that exists. They tweaked that game into irrelevance finally and I'm afraid that's where they are headed here.

Who cares? I don't give a #### about defense. I want to be able to design and execute an attack that makes me famous. If I just spam a ####ty gowipe at a base and get 2 stars that's boring and I'll go play something else.

The appeal here is that this is the closest thing I've ever found to a modern version of command and conquer that exists. They tweaked that game into irrelevance finally and I'm afraid that's where they are headed here.
:lmao: well whatever floats your boat.

How do you link to a facebook post? Anyways you can see them freaking out here.

https://www.facebook.com/xmodgames

You have to find the specific thread about coc and I'm not smart enough to link it.

I'm still dubious they won't get the mod patched.
They released an update, which doesn't seem to work. Awwww.
Thanks xmod u guys r awesome ,,,,but the update doesn't work sandbox doesn't work.....

Even though I closed the app but still I failed
:lmao:

Attached to that post is a picture of a zero star, zero percent war attack.

Supercell should parse the logs and anyone that has a zero percent, zero star fail with no troops deployed today should have their accounts banned.

Im coming down from the end of the world scenario. I would like to see one in a real raid but like Cliff said, if you approach from backside, you should be ok

Yes acer. We thought it was the end of the game when they changed the giant bombs and when they changed not being able to lure hero's. Everything will adjust. These changes keep you on your toes

The fan thing is not a big deal for laloons. It really isn't. At least at th9.

This crushes th8 or at least should If people adjust base

I'm not so sure about your first assertion. A buried AQ, CC and leaf blower are going to make things pretty tough. The best way to kill a buried AQ previously was to rage a bunch of pups over her. If the leaf blower is blowing those pups away from her, it could make it tough. I guess it depends on if the rage offsets the fan enough.

Just keeping this for posterity

Whole lot of non-native English speakers there.

Wonder just what percentage cheat?
Um, apparently...all of them :oldunsure:

I'm with Acer, had no idea it was that prevalent until I rolled up on that post on reddit. And I can't believe it's so blatant? I thought SC was cracking down on this ####. It's a wonder we ever win a war and culdeus gets perma banned for #####ing about it.

So I just attacked a base with a fan. I attacked from behind. It did absolutely nothing. I was hoping to get in front of it, but never made it that far

Defensively, I am guessing that you can force attacks from a certain area and maybe push the loons/drags into mass defensive units.

Air Sweeper only points one direction so you just have to attack from the other side :shrug:
I'm pointing mine to the inside of the base not out. :shrug: I would rather push stuff into the base quicker.
Will it actually push the balloons and make them faster? It's not clear from the description that it would actually work that way.
It would. Watch the youtube video showing the gameplay.. it really pushes the troops caught in the blast quickly.

ETA: http://supr.cl/AirSweeper
That will have little to no effect on drags. Just attack from the other 90% of the base.

Guilty as charged!

I'm not so sure about your first assertion. A buried AQ, CC and leaf blower are going to make things pretty tough. The best way to kill a buried AQ previously was to rage a bunch of pups over her. If the leaf blower is blowing those pups away from her, it could make it tough. I guess it depends on if the rage offsets the fan enough.
Best way to kill the queen was a King. Short of that we fail because we don't think about proper tracking. Most put the th center because they don't know any better. Those tiles are usually enough to get the queen dead with a jump. Now I'm not sure

Just keeping this for posterity
Whole lot of non-native English speakers there.Wonder just what percentage cheat?
Um, apparently...all of them :oldunsure: I'm with Acer, had no idea it was that prevalent until I rolled up on that post on reddit. And I can't believe it's so blatant? I thought SC was cracking down on this ####. It's a wonder we ever win a war and culdeus gets perma banned for #####ing about it.
can't wait to see the next turtles war log.

I might be able to sneak in there.

http://i.imgur.com/HDrlqMh.png

:lmao:

The more I discover just how prevalent this was the more I begin to wonder how many wars we lost to the cheaters. My clan is by no means good but we've lost damn near every war we've been in for the last month. We ain't that bad, makes me think at least a 1/3 of those would have been wins with this update in place.

whats going on in all of those links I cant see at work? turtles complaining the hacks don't work??
Lots of people who can't speak english crying that they can't cheat any more and begging for it to be fixed before their war ends.

Users who are viewing this thread