• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• culdeus

• GregR

• Cliff Clavin

• AcerFC

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Totally agree. If you're not playing the game all the time, you're going to get rolled a ton if your defenses aren't upgraded enough and you'll never generate enough resources to make the massive upgr

This thread is 482 pages and at least 300 of those are us collectively trying to figure out what the hell Culdeus is talking about.

Going to put together a whole album of CoC songs First cut "You Had A Bad Raid"

Posted Images

I'm gonna need to see how it works. Just having some practice bases to work against, not war opponents bases, is something I've always wanted.

Obviously people are going to use it to practice against war bases, but the mod crap is already out there.

eta - if the two day lockout is for real than this could be awesome.

Edited by PlasmaDogPlasma

Hi guys! I'm new to Clash of Clans and was looking to see if you guys could give me any advice. I'm not much of a gamer, but this seems like fun. I'd appreciate any and all help along the way as I begin my journey. I'm not planning on spending any real money on this thing just looking to have a little fun ;) LOL.

TIA!....LOL

OK, all dooshyness aside...I really am just starting out at this thing. I read the wiki link on the first page. What is the best way to start? Go for raids or farm or a little of both?

So, I was just trying to figure out how long I've been playing.

Just so happens that it will be a year tomorrow.

I've probably dropped about $100 on this thing throughout the year. Playing pretty steadily all year long and I'm an early/mid TH9.

I've really enjoyed this group. I jumped out of FBG1 a few weeks ago after months of staying put to join up with some IRL friends, but they are months behind me. 2nd best clanmate is an early TH7. We are warring once a week with 10 and it is boring the heck out of me. And nobody makes troop requests. Here I sit with max hogs, skulls, lvl 6 giants and I can't even donate more than 100 troops a week. They fill their own CC's with lvl 2 drags from their secondary accounts before I even see the requests. I've tried to explain it to them. At least they let me fill the war CC's.

If this 50 man clan thing gets serious, I really want in.

what happens if more than 50 want to play?

dance off

This would effing rock

Nobody can touch my lawnmower/sprinkler moves

I've got a white boy robot that is out of this world.

Someone(s) will get left out... we are a shade over 50. And with the demand this would probably bring in more, so we are looking at +10 or +15 too many, right?

Someone(s) will get left out... we are a shade over 50. And with the demand this would probably bring in more, so we are looking at +10 or +15 too many, right?

Most likely you just choose to cut

alts first (leave yoga out at great risk, btw see videos)

non 220 L2 Hound or L5 Hog TH9 second

Anything that isn't a max TH8.

those left behind war in quattro as a roving band of misfits.

For the record, I like Quattro the way it is and think we are trying to fix something that isn't broken.

I would think this would be like a temporary 1 week thing. 3 wars in a row, then back to normal.

I'm curious to see how competitive 50 person clan wars are. It's been 3 or 4 months and haven't had one since the big update.

Most likely you just choose to cut

alts first (leave yoga out at great risk, btw see videos)

non 220 L2 Hound or L5 Hog TH9 second

Anything that isn't a max TH8.

those left behind war in quattro as a roving band of misfits.

Cut 1 33 (shuke and yoga)

Cut 2 32 (matt (alt) in for yank (cut), PB out)

Cut 3 31 Ramsay bolton out

Leaves Fudd, Joe, Acer as qualified but generally opted out.

For the record, I like Quattro the way it is and think we are trying to fix something that isn't broken.

:goodposting:

If anything, and only because we're full now, some of the non-war guys should move over to boog if others want to come and war.

And this..... is where it could die. If people (fbgs has it too) are unwilling to try this for a friggin week or two its dead on the vine. You have 2 groups of people if there are 50 between the two that want to try a 50 person war...some will have to move.

If you guys come up with more 220 TH9s (honda?) we will move. You should go to the spot where you have the heaviest weight. As it stands we probably only have to move out like 4 people total just to make it all 220TH9 no alts no homo. You all have 8 people that don't war ever. It's not the biggest deal in the world to move clans, but we have some people not on the board so it's gonna get super confusing for them.

If anything, and only because we're full now, some of the non-war guys should move over to boog if others want to come and war.

And this..... is where it could die. If people (fbgs has it too) are unwilling to try this for a friggin week or two its dead on the vine. You have 2 groups of people if there are 50 between the two that want to try a 50 person war...some will have to move.

And it will die because you're freezing out damn near half of Quattro because they don't meet some arbitrary baseline.

And it will die because you're freezing out damn near half of Quattro because they don't meet some arbitrary baseline.

I thought the idea was to roll the heaviest 50 person clan possible and flex our weight with the big guns of the world?

I think we can make 50 with

Anybody that's TH10

Anybody that maxed TH9 offense at least thru hogs and/or hounds

Max TH8

then can backfill with

TH9 developing

TH8 developing but max offense

TH8/7 any

I put Max TH8 over developing TH9, but this is more my opinion. I don't really care that much.

Sounds like congress up in here.

Current Plan for a 50-man FBG War

I will create a new clan on Saturday morning. Any TH10, TH9.5, TH9, TH8.5, or max (with regards to troop numbers, spell factory, clan castle, dragons, and hogs) TH8 will be able to get in. When we hit 50, we'll search for war. Please plan accordingly.

Using a new clan doesn't seem optimal when we have three level 5 clans to choose from

With all of the high-level people in, we won't have any issues with troop levels - or numbers - for donations. The other perks are no big deal for this exercise. And it will be pretty difficult - and pretty shady - if we ask the non-warring members to leave for the 50-man war.

We either send guys to the other clan to make room or they leave and come back as soon as the war is over. Nobody minds. But with the FBG clans it may not be as seamless.

Ya, ideally. But, you can stop drawing parallels between those groups and this group right when you say "Nobody minds". Alot of people mind. Or at least, some vocal ones mind. So, we'll have to do this a little differently.

I hope it works. Sounds like a blast! Will add a nice change of pace. We will also look kinda stealth with 0 wins.

We either send guys to the other clan to make room or they leave and come back as soon as the war is over. Nobody minds. But with the FBG clans it may not be as seamless.

By "nobody minds" do you mean "nobody cares" or "nobody does what is suggested"?

Fine lets do this

• Start filing in Friday night thru Saturday. Breathalyzers will be on hand. Suggest use uber.
  • Saturday 5pm CST start - Restart immediately 2x for 3 wars in a row. Ideally people make 3 wars, if not not a huge big deal. We could need 3 wars to get a decent war. Who knows.
  • Both heroes up all week, gem them or use the DE to make all witch armies.
  • Alts to fill to 50 as needed. Though Yoga likely needs to be elevated from the alt category.
  • Priority given to strongest bases, ties settled by who has the hottest wife.
  • Name of clan needs to be funny. Clan message needs to be funny.
  • Based on consensus will use clash caller until midnight EST then it's a (mostly) free for all. If that warclans thing launches we might move to it. Maybe.
  • Don't suck, much.
Edited by culdeus

By "nobody minds" do you mean "nobody cares" or "nobody does what is suggested"?

Nobody cares. The other clan is a level 5 and my clan is level 4 about half way to level 5 if it matters. Everyone in the 2 clans gets along great and there is no dissention or anything when someone gets left behind or is asked to join the other clan for a few days. People even offer to move if it will make the 50v50 better for our team(s).

Just spit balling here.

If we do this, I'd say 25 fbgs (at least) would leave the fbg1 clan and do the 50 person war for a week. What happens to the long time randoms/non forum members? They might not know what's going on and end up leaving the clan. Then when the week is over we're just left with the people that left for this 50 war anyway.

Right now we only have 3 real accounts opted out in FBG1 ( I'm assuming Acer would join the 50 war and Fudd said he wouldn't mind leaving to make room for 50. Not sure Indestructible thoughts) I'd propose FBGS sends out clan mails over the next three days that everybody will be booted out come Saturday morning and will be invited back in if they simply post in the thread. This would take a whole 5 minutes.

This would:

1) Get the randoms signed up here if they want to stay. It takes a minute and we've had members for months that aren't here.

2) Lets the 50 person war have the level 5 benefit.

3) If the randoms don't sign up it leaves FBGS right where it would be if we all left for a different clan for this week war anyway imo.

A 50 person war sounds great just thinking more than one step ahead I don't see how this week adventure wouldn't end up in FBGS anyway. Just my thoughts but I'm in regardless.

Edited to add: I don't really care what TH level you are, everybody welcome that wants in imo.

Edited by Shoot_Me_Now

Fine lets do this

• Start filing in Friday night thru Saturday. Breathalyzers will be on hand. Suggest use uber.
  • Saturday 5pm CST start - Restart immediately 2x for 3 wars in a row. Ideally people make 3 wars, if not not a huge big deal. We could need 3 wars to get a decent war. Who knows.
  • Alts to fill to 50 as needed. Though Yoga likely needs to be elevated from the alt category.
  • Based on consensus will use clash caller until midnight EST then it's a (mostly) free for all. If that warclans thing launches we might move to it. Maybe.
  • Don't suck, much.

These need to be one-offs - special events. Agree that people need to be at full strength or don't come over. I'm not starting it until Saturday morning because I won't be finished with the Honda war until then. Anyone else is free to start it up and name it, of course.

Fine lets do this

• Don't suck, much.

:thumbup:

I'm intrigued especially by the bolded part. Everyone at full strength. I'm in.

Just spit balling here.

If we do this, I'd say 25 fbgs (at least) would leave the fbg1 clan and do the 50 person war for a week. What happens to the long time randoms/non forum members? They might not know what's going on and end up leaving the clan. Then when the week is over we're just left with the people that left for this 50 war anyway.

Right now we only have 3 real accounts opted out in FBG1 ( I'm assuming Acer would join the 50 war and Fudd said he wouldn't mind leaving to make room for 50. Not sure Indestructible thoughts) I'd propose FBGS sends out clan mails over the next three days that everybody will be booted out come Saturday morning and will be invited back in if they simply post in the thread. This would take a whole 5 minutes.

This would:

1) Get the randoms signed up here if they want to stay. It takes a minute and we've had members for months that aren't here.

2) Lets the 50 person war have the level 5 benefit.

3) If the randoms don't sign up it leaves FBGS right where it would be if we all left for a different clan for this week war anyway imo.

A 50 person war sounds great just thinking more than one step ahead I don't see how this week adventure wouldn't end up in FBGS anyway. Just my thoughts but I'm in regardless.

Edited to add: I don't really care what TH level you are, everybody welcome that wants in imo.

If you can send out mail to people and then boot them, wouldn't it be just as easy to mail them and let them know everyone will be back in a couple of days?

But whatevs.

If I'm a random in a clan and I see the 25-30 most active members leave at once with a parting note saying don't leave we'll be back in a week, chances of me staying to see that through are slim, I am just a random afterall.

No biggie though was just thinking out loud.

If I'm a random in a clan and I see the 25-30 most active members leave at once with a parting note saying don't leave we'll be back in a week, chances of me staying to see that through are slim, I am just a random afterall.

No biggie though was just thinking out loud.

how many people are you thinking of? I don't really plan on being exclusive to people based on whether they post here. I'm not even sure how many that amounts to? 4, 5 people? jert, ramasay, ???

You guys do have a plan to make sure somebody stays in FBGs so you don't lose your L5 clan, don't you?

Can leave Jonathan account there to mind the store

Yes he's only 8 but he's ready for more responsibility

• Like 2