What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (4 Viewers)

If I'm a random in a clan and I see the 25-30 most active members leave at once with a parting note saying don't leave we'll be back in a week, chances of me staying to see that through are slim, I am just a random afterall.

No biggie though was just thinking out loud.
how many people are you thinking of? I don't really plan on being exclusive to people based on whether they post here. I'm not even sure how many that amounts to? 4, 5 people? jert, ramasay, ???
I'm not sure who all is or isn't random at this point but there's certainly several individuals that don't follow the thread and have to always be told in game of any plan changes.

It seems more likely to me that these individuals will either; check our profiles and see we're all in a new clan together and come follow along or just leave the fbg clan universe all together vs sit in a mostly empty clan for a week not really knowing what's going on. My money is on they leave to either join us or join some other clan so that's where my thought process comes from.

With that in mind, if you guys want to go Uber serious and have everybody with both heroes up it would be logical that everybody checks in here to see the plan and follow along to any changes as they occur.

Lastly, if we come across a solid opponent and we're taking this Uber seriously, it would make sense to be in a level 5 clan that we just happen to have at our disposal. Not a game breaking advantage, but it doesn't hurt either.

Just my thoughts on why I posted my original thinking. Doesn't matter to me either way I was just putting it out there.

If I'm a random in a clan and I see the 25-30 most active members leave at once with a parting note saying don't leave we'll be back in a week, chances of me staying to see that through are slim, I am just a random afterall.

Yet another reason to make it one war. Back in a couple of days might not even be noticed.

Yet another reason to make it one war. Back in a couple of days might not even be noticed.
Not sure about you guys but with the new MM we only get one decent war a week AT BEST. I think we are on a 8 or 9 war win streak now. Only were tested in a couple of these. No idea what 50 looks like but if you follow the reddit clans it's a well known issue that 50 person clans are heavily populated with farm war clans now.

On another subject, while watching the Red Lodge/Clasheads war last night I saw one of those elite attackers forget to drop his CC with a max golem in it until the final minute when the attack was pretty much stymied.

As someone who is a pro at screwing up his own attack plans with an unbelievable variety of mistakes, it warmed my heart to see.

Last edited by a moderator:
On another subject, while watching the Red Lodge/Clasheads war last night I saw one of those elite attackers forget to drop his CC with a max golem in it until the final minute when the attack was pretty much stymied.

As someone who is a pro at screwing up his own attack plans with an unbelievable variety of mistakes, it warmed my heart to see.
My go-to move is failing to activate hero abilities before they die.

My go-to move is failing to activate hero abilities before they die.
Saw that more than once too

I don't really feel strongly one way or another about this 50 war. I can sit out if you need to make room.

FYI - Crabtree (opt-out) and I are a package deal.

Those of us hanging back in Quattro, if we have 10, we should still war. I think a 10-man TH7/TH8 war would be cool.
Don't see any reason for us not to.
:hifive: I'm in for this if it means not having to migrate out of Quattro.
The only requirement is that you must suck.
Exhibit A: See my horrendous 42% 0-star attempt at a GoHoLaLooWi on our last war. I should punch myself in the #### for that abortion of an attack.

Those of us hanging back in Quattro, if we have 10, we should still war. I think a 10-man TH7/TH8 war would be cool.
:hifive: I'm in for this if it means not having to migrate out of Quattro.
The only requirement is that you must suck.
Exhibit A: See my horrendous 42% 0-star attempt at a GoHoLaLooWi on our last war. I should punch myself in the #### for that abortion of an attack.
I guess that is one version of a vasectomy.

Somebody named studlee trying to enter Honda. Anybody know them?
i rejected him, should have checked here first. maybe it's that snorkelson guy. if so reapply.
It was me. I don't post on here much. Not a big deal.
cool, sorry, didnt realize it was a fbg. we get a lot of people swing through who find this thread and try to join. come on in, we have room for one.
Got it thanks.

Had a fun war so recorded some of our better attacks.

Just the stat screens and stuff like that

https://youtu.be/xA4Erb4YEtA

A selection of the solid TH9 on TH9 3 stars

https://youtu.be/oyi64LcdR2Y

Mostly max TH9 curb stomping by mostly 1 hero 10s or 9s. Tam's publicist would have me remind you that he is a TH9 troop 220 5 spell TH10.

https://youtu.be/NTAXVX3o13M

TH10 solid raidzzz (accidentally trimmed in Jason's TH10 raid in the TH9 group)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W52dm5bP71E&feature=youtu.be
updated

Man I was scared of these guys at least a little. I mean 136 wins is sort of alot and their top guys have high stars, but they crapped the bed.

They have 9 decent TH10 attacks remaining. from those players they have one th9 3 star and 2 th10 2stars and a bunch of whiffs.

They have 5 decent-ish TH9 attacks left, none of them did anything on their first attack worth a damn.

The rest is just junk stuff that they can't even finish shuke or yoga off with.

Cliff Clavin said:
PatsWillWin said:
I've been opting-out a lot recently while I upgrade troops for TH8.5. I've got loons and fur coats now, along with lvl1 witches (currently researching lvl6 Barbs, and upgrading dark barracks for lvl1 hounds). I'll be remaining at Quattro, so I can opt-in if need be to make a multiple of 5 for war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so, do we know how many people from Quattro / fbgs are actually going to make this jump? It sounds like 85% of fbgs is planning to do this. Is the Quattro chat showing interest? There are a few people here in Quattro saying it sounds good, but, quite a few saying "We are staying for a Quattro war".

?

Ok, so, do we know how many people from Quattro / fbgs are actually going to make this jump? It sounds like 85% of fbgs is planning to do this. Is the Quattro chat showing interest? There are a few people here in Quattro saying it sounds good, but, quite a few saying "We are staying for a Quattro war".

?
Not overly much as most of the accounts don't 'qualify'; lots of early 8's and 9's.

I'll bring a max TH8 over if there is room.

?
Not overly much as most of the accounts don't 'qualify'; lots of early 8's and 9's.

I'll bring a max TH8 over if there is room.
Requirements should only be: both heros and don't suck too much. I think we just want to get to 50 and see if we can even pull this off.

as far as I'm concerned it's fcfs. i was mainly responding to those that wanted to set some sort of criteria to sort off of if there was conflicts. At one time it looked like we had about 59 people at or over th9 between fbg/quattro. That estimate may have been way high. Hard to say. My guess is we pull 30 non-alts from fbgs at a minimum. 3 alts on standby. And then Acer.

If we pull maybe 5 from honda and 15 from quattro we have this covered.

And to be clear. 95% 2*'s move you out of the "suck too much" category. Seriously. They are uber-frustrating, but, it shows you are planning for 3* and just need to tweak a few things at the start of the raid usually. Next level stuff.

At least that's my theory, because, I'm right there with ya!

And to be clear. 95% 2*'s move you out of the "suck too much" category. Seriously. They are uber-frustrating, but, it shows you are planning for 3* and just need to tweak a few things at the start of the raid usually. Next level stuff.

At least that's my theory, because, I'm right there with ya!
95% 2* typically are when you invest too much in the ground component, and they all die and leave you short cleanup troops. It's a really really hard thing to get right, having monster heroes can make these blended raids look easy, but if you are dealing with smaller heroes you feel warranted to take more wiz and witches and stuff to get the early % and that costs you late.

Users who are viewing this thread