What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

I call BS on 100k DE a day. Need to watch that one
I'll save you the video time

-Build all healers (On boost)

-Build 20 minions

-Minions funnel for heroes

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

With this you raid every 7 minutes with full heroes. Don't care about trophies, hit the DE and quit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Base 6 this war is an interesting one. I think even though this is a high TH10 it is a TH9 target. Mainly, they are using double single infernos. This leaves them vulnerable for a GiantWitchWiz combo.

Would be nice to see if we can actually start breaking through to the point where TH9 are 2* TH10 so we can focus on the TH10 bases which we can 3 star.

Volunteers?

Also 12 could be a baby mass witch for a TH9 and wouldn't necessarily require a freeze.

Base 6 this war is an interesting one. I think even though this is a high TH10 it is a TH9 target. Mainly, they are using double single infernos. This leaves them vulnerable for a GiantWitchWiz combo.

Would be nice to see if we can actually start breaking through to the point where TH9 are 2* TH10 so we can focus on the TH10 bases which we can 3 star.

Volunteers?

Also 12 could be a baby mass witch for a TH9 and wouldn't necessarily require a freeze.
Honda had two of these TH10s the past war. I 2-starred one and blanked on the other. The difference was mortar fire taking out my witches, so make sure you account for them early.

Volunteers?

Honda had two of these TH10s the past war. I 2-starred one and blanked on the other. The difference was mortar fire taking out my witches, so make sure you account for them early.
I've been advocating using hogs to get mortars on these mass witch things.

In an effort to get my clan to think about something other than dragons we are running a small war where the first attack has to be some ground variant, balloons have been allowed as a late entry if they are so inclined. While I thought it would be a total cluster they have actually responded pretty well so far. So tough breaking the dragon habit when you hit th7. Better than half our bases are th8 and while there are about 2-3 that decent with dragons, the rest, zap and AD, slam the finger down then walk away. Tough to watch anymore.

In an effort to get my clan to think about something other than dragons we are running a small war where the first attack has to be some ground variant, balloons have been allowed as a late entry if they are so inclined. While I thought it would be a total cluster they have actually responded pretty well so far. So tough breaking the dragon habit when you hit th7. Better than half our bases are th8 and while there are about 2-3 that decent with dragons, the rest, zap and AD, slam the finger down then walk away. Tough to watch anymore.
Just wait till they unlock pekkas

Great idea.

We're actually promoting GOWIPE right now. I know, I'm dead to you but we're about a year behind you guys with idiots rushing to TH8 for lvl3 Dragons.

Anyone have a good TH9 war base to copy? Screenshots?
Make your own.Everyone needs 2. A tough war base with a th you shade. And an easy war base where you bury it.

Then it's just a matter of laying out the rest of it using basic principals spelled out in some of the above videos.

Fbgs has some awful bases. Smack has perhaps the worst base of all, base design is obviously not everything, some people can't spot a bad base if a 3 star raid was posted of people hitting it.

We're actually promoting GOWIPE right now. I know, I'm dead to you but we're about a year behind you guys with idiots rushing to TH8 for lvl3 Dragons.
Yeah, in Quattro guys get the L3 drags first, which is the right thing to do, but now we're only seeing 1-2 TH8 a war that don't have max AD. So we got 5-6 guys that can get those 1-2 bases but only 2-3 guys that can get the other 6-7 bases with hogs.

Yeah, in Quattro guys get the L3 drags first, which is the right thing to do, but now we're only seeing 1-2 TH8 a war that don't have max AD. So we got 5-6 guys that can get those 1-2 bases but only 2-3 guys that can get the other 6-7 bases with hogs.
I still think the th9 3 star is easier than a th8 3 star. You get a guy that can hog a th8 you are way ahead of the curve.

Dragon rushers should rush th9 asap. Nothing really to gain by staying if you won't learn hogs.

I still think the th9 3 star is easier than a th8 3 star. You get a guy that can hog a th8 you are way ahead of the curve.

Dragon rushers should rush th9 asap. Nothing really to gain by staying if you won't learn hogs.
Early 9s, for sure; that extra spell makes it almost fool proof on a bad base. But there is nothing to gain by rushing to TH9 until you have L4 hogs. And if you have L4 hogs, you may as well learn the basics at TH8 ie. clearing a CC (something you don't have to do with drags), pathing, spotting bombs/teslas, mini-gowipe to clear a DB area, etc. If you can't get those things done at TH8, it'll be a trainwreck at TH9 when you have to get the AQ as well.

Igno and myself have been doing it for a good month or so now and we're pretty successful; probably 70% on 1st attacks. Almost a lock that one or the other will clean it up after a failed hog run.

Desperately trying to get them all to upgrade hogs, they see what lvl5 hogs can do or even lvl4 for that matter. They just don't use them so they suck at deployment and spells. Dude just tried to rage lvl2 hogs, I giggled. I also do not want them upgrading to th9. They are struggling at th8, jumping to th9 would crush these guys. They won't upgrade walls/defense, just want to keep upgrading th for new toys. Recently had a th10 leave with one tesla, wood walls, nothing on defense upgraded past th8 because it was too hard. You guys would have made him cry and go into the fetal position in the corner.

I still think the th9 3 star is easier than a th8 3 star. You get a guy that can hog a th8 you are way ahead of the curve.Dragon rushers should rush th9 asap. Nothing really to gain by staying if you won't learn hogs.
Early 9s, for sure; that extra spell makes it almost fool proof on a bad base. But there is nothing to gain by rushing to TH9 until you have L4 hogs. And if you have L4 hogs, you may as well learn the basics at TH8 ie. clearing a CC (something you don't have to do with drags), pathing, spotting bombs/teslas, mini-gowipe to clear a DB area, etc. If you can't get those things done at TH8, it'll be a trainwreck at TH9 when you have to get the AQ as well.Igno and myself have been doing it for a good month or so now and we're pretty successful; probably 70% on 1st attacks. Almost a lock that one or the other will clean it up after a failed hog run.
Damn good posting. Rushing to th9 won't solve your problems if you can't attack as a th8.

-Build 20 minions

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

With this you raid every 7 minutes with full heroes. Don't care about trophies, hit the DE and quit.
Trying this now and the results are a little disappointing. Probably works better as a TH9. Finding targets with 2k in the storage and no infernos is very hard as a 10.

I still think the th9 3 star is easier than a th8 3 star. You get a guy that can hog a th8 you are way ahead of the curve.Dragon rushers should rush th9 asap. Nothing really to gain by staying if you won't learn hogs.
Early 9s, for sure; that extra spell makes it almost fool proof on a bad base. But there is nothing to gain by rushing to TH9 until you have L4 hogs. And if you have L4 hogs, you may as well learn the basics at TH8 ie. clearing a CC (something you don't have to do with drags), pathing, spotting bombs/teslas, mini-gowipe to clear a DB area, etc. If you can't get those things done at TH8, it'll be a trainwreck at TH9 when you have to get the AQ as well.Igno and myself have been doing it for a good month or so now and we're pretty successful; probably 70% on 1st attacks. Almost a lock that one or the other will clean it up after a failed hog run.
Damn good posting. Rushing to th9 won't solve your problems if you can't attack as a th8.
Some people just don't want to learn hogs. It's hard, and expensive on the sweet sweet for a th8. I don't blame them, forcing them to learn something that isn't quite as user friendly and also doesn't have any farm value is counter productive, pushing to TH9 where they can get furs and skulls and continue on may be more fun than launching fail drag after fail drag.

-Build 20 minions

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

Trying this now and the results are a little disappointing. Probably works better as a TH9. Finding targets with 2k in the storage and no infernos is very hard as a 10.
I'm pulling back to the trophy range he suggested, gold1/2. I think that's where you find the targets.

Smack's base and why it blows:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwEnEbl4YrnecFN3Tk9KZVNGVjA/view?usp=sharing

Every base open should be evaluated like this

• How many troops and spells will it take to get the CC and Queen dead
  • How many AA am I likely to kill?
The open on smacks base is simple.

• Drop one golem across from the cannon
  • Uses lego walls instead of lava walls on the perimeter which saves a non max WB user 2 spots (first error)
  • Golem then has very little DPS. Xbows and infernos are shaded on the wrong side of the base (error 2)
  • The best feature is how the cc is shaded, but it's shaded too much. I think, but I am not sure a fur and two hogs gets it all out. There is a risk that if you don't pull early that the cc pops late after your kill team is dead. (this is good, but is only good in the context of how this base is bad, if that makes sense)
  • Now the queen jumps the lava wall king and queen easily clear it out, the double bomb in the wrong spot does no real damage
  • Queen, cc, wt, aa, two teslas and some other trash defenses dead for probably 45 troops tops.
Stage 2 is even easier. You could, on a cleanup already know the DGB which is in a bad spot is easily pre tripped and run 5 golems at the queen and hog it. Easy 3 that way. zap, jump, freeze heal heal. and style points.

The even easier 3 is hounds/loons. All 3 remaining AA are a single path to the AA single path to the WT. Drop 4 hounds on the 2 and 10 AA back them with loons to the WT first, AA second, save 4 for the backside and this base is dead.

1zap 2 freeze 2 rage. easy 3 star. One guy had the right idea but blew his open and spam dropped loons.

-Build 20 minions

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

According to clash forecaster, you should try again in about half an hour. :cool:

Really wish we could retire the phrase "easy 3-star" when looking at a base with developed defenses.
Leave me 190 max unit spaces and 4 max spells and a base with a dead queen and cc and no base stands up. That's what his base was. It's since been changed, it's even worse now but I think he's trolling me.

The question for any base is:

How many units is it going to take to kill my queen and cc?

How many defensive towers will die in the defense of the queen and cc?

Find a way to make number 1 as big and number 2 as small as possible.

Really wish we could retire the phrase "easy 3-star" when looking at a base with developed defenses.
Leave me 190 max unit spaces and 4 max spells and a base with a dead queen and cc and no base stands up. That's what his base was. It's since been changed, it's even worse now but I think he's trolling me.
I think people generally overestimate how many defenses their heroes and kill squad can take down.

I think people generally underestimate how a tiny mistake early can turn an easy 3-star into a high-percentage 1- or 2-star.

I think people generally overestimate how many defenses their heroes and kill squad can take down.

I think people generally underestimate how a tiny mistake early can turn an easy 3-star into a high-percentage 1- or 2-star.
There's no messing that base up. if you can draw WT->AA on a laloon it is a dead base. Quickly. Even if you make the mistake of dropping and getting the AA dead too fast it's still going to fall.

There's no messing that base up. if you can draw WT->AA on a laloon it is a dead base. Quickly. Even if you make the mistake of dropping and getting the AA dead too fast it's still going to fall.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are an odd duck.

-Build 20 minions

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

Someone just nailed me with a level 20-something Archer queen, 8 healers (!), and few minions. Absolutely DESTROYED my DE stores. I think took me for about 1600 or so DE. And left with the AQ untouched. A pretty impressive attack.

-Build 20 minions

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

Someone just nailed me with a level 20-something Archer queen, 8 healers (!), and few minions. Absolutely DESTROYED my DE stores. I think took me for about 1600 or so DE. And left with the AQ untouched. A pretty impressive attack.
Infernos down?

-Build 20 minions

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

sorry

Users who are viewing this thread