What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Clash of Clans (Official thread) (5 Viewers)

I call BS on 100k DE a day. Need to watch that one
I'll save you the video time

-Build all healers (On boost)

-Build 20 minions

-Minions funnel for heroes

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

With this you raid every 7 minutes with full heroes. Don't care about trophies, hit the DE and quit.
Trying this now and the results are a little disappointing. Probably works better as a TH9. Finding targets with 2k in the storage and no infernos is very hard as a 10.
Someone just nailed me with a level 20-something Archer queen, 8 healers (!), and few minions. Absolutely DESTROYED my DE stores. I think took me for about 1600 or so DE. And left with the AQ untouched. A pretty impressive attack.
Yeah, it can work. But I also experienced some very frustrating raids with the AQ doing the kind of stupid things AQs will do. Either going away from the DE store when one step would put her in range or pathing in a such a way that the healers started get shot by an archer tower.

Also, if she gets caught taking damage from multiple buildings plus heroes and possibly CC troops she can take damage faster than the healers can heal and then you'll have to let her rest after the raid. This of course burns time off of your barracks boost.

I've only done one two hour session, but my feeling right now is that fur+barch is more reliable and versatile. Hitting 'next' on fat dead bases because the DE wasn't in the store and the drills were far apart was painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I call BS on 100k DE a day. Need to watch that one
I'll save you the video time

-Build all healers (On boost)

-Build 20 minions

-Minions funnel for heroes

-Drop heroes and healers

-Profit.

With this you raid every 7 minutes with full heroes. Don't care about trophies, hit the DE and quit.
Trying this now and the results are a little disappointing. Probably works better as a TH9. Finding targets with 2k in the storage and no infernos is very hard as a 10.
Someone just nailed me with a level 20-something Archer queen, 8 healers (!), and few minions. Absolutely DESTROYED my DE stores. I think took me for about 1600 or so DE. And left with the AQ untouched. A pretty impressive attack.
Yeah, it can work. But I also experienced some very frustrating raids with the AQ doing the kind of stupid things AQs will do. Either going away from the DE store when one step would put her in range or pathing in a such a way that the healers started get shot by an archer tower.

Also, if she gets caught taking damage from multiple buildings plus heroes and possibly CC troops she can take damage faster than the healers can heal and then you'll have to let her rest after the raid. This of course burns time off of your barracks boost.

I've only done one two hour session, but my feeling right now is that fur+barch is more reliable and versatile. Hitting 'next' on fat dead bases because the DE wasn't in the store and the drills were far apart was painful.
On bases like that I use

king on one de

queen on another

minions on the 3rd.

i'm dropping trophies like crazy, but I think it will only get more viable as I drop. I'm gonna run out of elixer at some point though.

We should make sure to lay out detailed plans on how to 3* all of our bases here. :excited:
I'd bet $ culd couldn't 3 star Smack's base.
Not sure how many wars I've been a part of? Hundreds? Been playing the game for a while now..

Other than a troll base where I forget to change it before war I have never ever been 3 starred. Includes getting attacked with Max 40/40 hero's.

Little shocked how much Culd hates my current war base.

IMO I doubt it gets 2 starred - if it does I change it.

My villagers are ready - boiling tar as we speak.

Place your bets

We should make sure to lay out detailed plans on how to 3* all of our bases here. :excited:
Not sure how many wars I've been a part of? Hundreds? Been playing the game for a while now..

Other than a troll base where I forget to change it before war I have never ever been 3 starred. Includes getting attacked with Max 40/40 hero's.

Place your bets
Other people are dumb and don't know a bad base when the see one.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
I know he is touting going to 100k in a day but reality is who has time to play 8 hours to test that theory. I got to 100k in about week running 2 hour sessions every night using Furch™ and targeting 1500+ DE bases. It's not that hard, it's fairly quick and allows for flexability should you pull CC troops or run into something unexpected. And you're not dependent on a wandering AQ to get the work done. All in silver I-II-III

=Smackdown= said:
thecatch said:
Sputnikv8 said:

Place your bets
I've been 3 starred exactly twice in 2015 one max pent pre update and one shattered also pre update. My anti-air is nearly maxed out. It might not happen again for awhile.

I'm not going to ever get worked up about getting 2 starred. Not sure why people think getting 2 starred is some sort of failure. Yeah, it would be nice to hold one or two attacks to 1 or 2 stars, but that's more important for TH9 to stop one or two raids before finally giving up the 3. If a TH9 gets 3 by a TH9 on the first shot it's probably time to adjust if the heroes were <30 total.

The base violates several of the base building 101 guidelines. Mainly, the AA are basically naked, the WT are naked and the queen kill is super easy. It's just a matter of time.

Culd, please explain how my base is ranked above Jayrod. Only thing I have on him is 2AQ levels. He has better troops, walls, AT, WT, teslas, small bombs, sweeper and total hit points.

Culd, please explain how my base is ranked above Jayrod. Only thing I have on him is 2AQ levels. He has better troops, walls, AT, WT, teslas, small bombs, sweeper and total hit points.
I didn't have the 2nd xbow when the war was started, but just started building it after the matchmaking.

Xbows count huge in those things.

I didn't have the 2nd xbow when the war was started, but just started building it after the matchmaking.Xbows count huge in those things.
A single Xbow outweighs everything else?
That's why Culd was so anti-Xbow for so long.

I didn't have the 2nd xbow when the war was started, but just started building it after the matchmaking.Xbows count huge in those things.
They will be my last gold upgrade at TH9. Expensive and weighs heavily in war.

Bucky86 said:
I've started raiding with heals and jump spells. Total game changer. Can't believe it took me this long to try it
I went from 3 heal + 1 rage to packing 4 heals. I usually only use 1 - maybe 2 on a spread out rich base.

I pulled off the wait until after we get a match and then build an inferno today. Doubt it made a difference, but I was proud of it.

I feel like my work here is done.

What is this clash caller thing that Kara is using. Can we use it? It's pretty slick. Pinworms has the login but I never can catch the site name

Cliff Clavin said:
culdeus said:
Cliff Clavin said:
beer 30 said:
culdeus said:
beer 30 said:
In an effort to get my clan to think about something other than dragons we are running a small war where the first attack has to be some ground variant, balloons have been allowed as a late entry if they are so inclined. While I thought it would be a total cluster they have actually responded pretty well so far. So tough breaking the dragon habit when you hit th7. Better than half our bases are th8 and while there are about 2-3 that decent with dragons, the rest, zap and AD, slam the finger down then walk away. Tough to watch anymore.
Just wait till they unlock pekkas
We're actually promoting GOWIPE right now. I know, I'm dead to you but we're about a year behind you guys with idiots rushing to TH8 for lvl3 Dragons.
Yeah, in Quattro guys get the L3 drags first, which is the right thing to do, but now we're only seeing 1-2 TH8 a war that don't have max AD. So we got 5-6 guys that can get those 1-2 bases but only 2-3 guys that can get the other 6-7 bases with hogs.
I still think the th9 3 star is easier than a th8 3 star. You get a guy that can hog a th8 you are way ahead of the curve.

Dragon rushers should rush th9 asap. Nothing really to gain by staying if you won't learn hogs.
Early 9s, for sure; that extra spell makes it almost fool proof on a bad base. But there is nothing to gain by rushing to TH9 until you have L4 hogs. And if you have L4 hogs, you may as well learn the basics at TH8 ie. clearing a CC (something you don't have to do with drags), pathing, spotting bombs/teslas, mini-gowipe to clear a DB area, etc. If you can't get those things done at TH8, it'll be a trainwreck at TH9 when you have to get the AQ as well.

Igno and myself have been doing it for a good month or so now and we're pretty successful; probably 70% on 1st attacks. Almost a lock that one or the other will clean it up after a failed hog run.
:goodposting:

This is my plan for SameAsDay1. TH8 hogger. I will get dragons first simply because I won't have the DE ready yet for level 3 hogs, but after dragons, its hogs n heals. Hopefully my decent TH9 hog skills will translate.

So does this conflict with the weighting figures that were leaked?

Bucky86 said:
I've started raiding with heals and jump spells. Total game changer. Can't believe it took me this long to try it
This is what I do. I am a land-raider now. I use a golem lead ground force and there really aren't a lot of TH9 bases that you can't clear the core out with using just one heal and one jump spell. Many you can clear everything if you have heroes up. All that gold and work going into buying and laying out walls, and jump spells just completely eliminate the value.

Possibly. I still have been too lazy to line up everyones stuff. 400 or whatever they quoted seems way low.

Bucky86 said:
This is what I do. I am a land-raider now. I use a golem lead ground force and there really aren't a lot of TH9 bases that you can't clear the core out with using just one heal and one jump spell. Many you can clear everything if you have heroes up. All that gold and work going into buying and laying out walls, and jump spells just completely eliminate the value.
If I can force you to jump a wall I figure I've won a small battle.

Im a th8.5 and will be for quite some time. But what are the thoughts of going from a Th8.5 directly to a Th 10 and holding off on building any xbows or infernos? Is there a term for this yet? I figure I still have a solid few months ywt in upgrades excluding xbows, but wanted to see if this path is worth exploring.

Possibly. I still have been too lazy to line up everyones stuff. 400 or whatever they quoted seems way low.
Run it on mine and Jayrods.

:goodposting:

This is my plan for SameAsDay1. TH8 hogger. I will get dragons first simply because I won't have the DE ready yet for level 3 hogs, but after dragons, its hogs n heals.
Exactly what I did. L3 dragons so I had something I could use and then one DB to L3/4 and Hogs to L3/4. All done now but Hogs 4, which start tomorrow. Would like to be useful in wars beyond the bottom 6-8 bases.

Which clan should me and my son join? He is young and we play for fun

I think someone suggested fbg3 or something
Yes, FGB3: Honda if there is room
Searched for that and nothing came up. Guess it's full
5 spots in it right now. Trophy count is 1600. Someone will have to lower it for you.
I have 1600

I just got banned from the clan jesus

Accidentally requested without changing the text

5 spots in it right now. Trophy count is 1600. Someone will have to lower it for you.
I have 1600I just got banned from the clan jesus

Yeah, that'll happen if they think you're a random.

I have 1600I just got banned from the clan jesus

Yeah, that'll happen if they think you're a random.
Guess my name isn't as recognizable as I thought

I have 1600

I just got banned from the clan jesus

I sent you an invite.

All I know is I have max cannons and archer towers with a pair of lvl1 xbows, but am ranked lower than players with TH8 cannons and archer towers but a pair of lvl2 xbows. Everything else is pretty even.

Does everyone already know about the frozen AQ glitch? Maybe I'm last the find out about this...

If a defending AQ walks over an untriggered hidden tesla position as attacking troops are dropped, she freezes. She won't unfreeze until the tesla is destroyed. And it seems like once frozen, she can't be targeted (not sure about splash damage) by attackers until the tesla is destroyed.

Moral of the story is: don't put your queen and teslas too close together.

I had this happen to a defending base this war and she didn't hop a wall like I expected, so my BK couldn't kill her. Luckily my own AQ was in range and took down the tesla and the AQ after.

Does everyone already know about the frozen AQ glitch? Maybe I'm last the find out about this...

If a defending AQ walks over an untriggered hidden tesla position as attacking troops are dropped, she freezes. She won't unfreeze until the tesla is destroyed. And it seems like once frozen, she can't be targeted (not sure about splash damage) by attackers until the tesla is destroyed.

Moral of the story is: don't put your queen and teslas too close together.

I had this happen to a defending base this war and she didn't hop a wall like I expected, so my BK couldn't kill her. Luckily my own AQ was in range and took down the tesla and the AQ after.
she can die with splash while frozen

Words of wisdom this morning from my 8yr old who just successfully got 3 stars on his first cb attack . . .

"Dad - once the aq and cc are gone you can pretty much 3 star the rest of the base with anything . . . Balloons, Pigs, goblins."

And there you have it. . . . save your trip to onehive, clash heads, reddit.

Kids a better attacker than his Dad.

Words of wisdom this morning from my 8yr old who just successfully got 3 stars on his first cb attack . . .

"Dad - once the aq and cc are gone you can pretty much 3 star the rest of the base with anything . . . Balloons, Pigs, goblins."

But did he run around the house 'smashing' things? This is key motivation for 3 stars

But did he run around the house 'smashing' things? This is key motivation for 3 stars
He's saving that for his 2nd attack - started his hog/heal build before school bus picked him up.

Has his pig hat and club all ready for when he gets home.

I really need to get this on video.

He's saving that for his 2nd attack - started his hog/heal build before school bus picked him up.Has his pig hat and club all ready for when he gets home.

I really need to get this on video.
His Dad smashes things too. But, for different reason. We need THAT on video too! Lol.

Why is is so GD expensive to gem a spell?

For some reason I didn't get my 5th spell cooked for war, almost went to attack but got hung at the start screen.

went back and it was like 23 gems to cook a jump? Seriously?

Why is is so GD expensive to gem a spell?

For some reason I didn't get my 5th spell cooked for war, almost went to attack but got hung at the start screen.

went back and it was like 23 gems to cook a jump? Seriously?
Its brilliant, actually. They know when someone considers gemming a spell, they reeeeeally need it...and will pay.

What is this clash caller thing that Kara is using. Can we use it? It's pretty slick. Pinworms has the login but I never can catch the site name
http://clash.tools/
Are you guys going to do this?

I think it looks great, watching the people use it last night for the one hive war was great.

It does, however, require a login and a little more work than clashcaller so I would think we would get even less participation.

I setup fbgs on there, someone actually did a war against us using this and it was tracked but they did not fill out much at all so it's pretty useless to see how a previous war would have looked.

edit: hmmmm, pressure would be on, they do some player evaluations on here and track your progress.

I think it looks great, watching the people use it last night for the one hive war was great.

It does, however, require a login and a little more work than clashcaller so I would think we would get even less participation.

I setup fbgs on there, someone actually did a war against us using this and it was tracked but they did not fill out much at all so it's pretty useless to see how a previous war would have looked.

edit: hmmmm, pressure would be on, they do some player evaluations on here and track your progress.
I just joined. Not sure what to do with it now.
how easy is it for you to find fbgs on there?

At the moment, no. It's hard enough to get people to look at clash caller. Requiring a login is another step to not-going-to-happen.

Users who are viewing this thread